PDA

View Full Version : what is considered a very strong player?

chumpbuster
04-19-2012, 11:17 PM
im at level 187 my attack is 43,361 and my def is 51,408 with explosives

is this strong for my level or not? i seem to get robbed alot still

what would be considered a very strong and reasonable attack/defense score for this level? to stop losing attacks.

Bala82
04-20-2012, 04:23 AM
I thought Gold players are very strong players

Luke 3457
04-20-2012, 04:41 AM
I'd say better than average but "very strong " at your level 70+ att and 80+ def. I'm level 149 I have 49k att and 51k def I'm stronger than 70% at my level.

Luke 3457
04-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Also look at your empire times see how many attacks you win. If you win 95% your a strong player

Nudie
04-20-2012, 05:02 AM
A very strong player is someone who can resist the temptation of buying gold using rm.

upsman_17
04-20-2012, 06:13 AM
A very strong player is someone who can resist the temptation of buying gold using rm.

:) Well played.

Luke 3457
04-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Lol yeah +1

Joeycool
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM

what would be considered a very strong and reasonable attack/defense score for this level? to stop losing attacks.

Probably about average that mate.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 11:18 AM

It not about your stats it about your mental state, are you one of the guys who is sore when he gets robbed that he cry's to mummy to tell daddy if he can use his credit card because x & y are beating him down.

If your getting attacked alot my suggestion is take time, build some more defense building as they work also as a counter measure of you not coming up on the rival list as much.
The less you come up on the rival list the less likely you are going to get attacked or robbed.

I've been adding and upgrading defense building regardless of the ho ha regarding there usefulness.
Best defense building to go for are the highest ones that are unlocked which is missile turret, get them level 3 then move on to next one then in a month you will notice a significant change.

Dipstik
04-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm only at level 139, but I've heard the horror stories about the idiots that exist at the top levels. I've seen legitimate gold spenders who are at the 90-100k stats level already. You're not going to compete with them, so don't worry about it. Besides, collecting on time is better than 200k defense.

jinqs
04-20-2012, 11:42 AM
...build some more defense building as they work also as a counter measure of you not coming up on the rival list as much.

Woah, what? Really? If I build a lot of defence buildings I show up on rival lists less?

Nicholost
04-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Woah, what? Really? If I build a lot of defence buildings I show up on rival lists less?

I don't think that's true. Fig Oni, where'd you hear that from? You got a link for us so we can read up on it?

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM

It's just something I've observed, can't confirm anything but maybe if Plux was around he could approve or disprove this theory.

Dipstik
04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
How on earth have you "observed" how often you show up on someone else's rivalry list, much less tracked those observations over time and controlled for other variables?

Superstition or BS, IMHO.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't think that's true. Fig Oni, where'd you hear that from? You got a link for us so we can read up on it?

How on earth have you "observed" how often you show up on someone else's rivalry list, much less tracked those observations over time and controlled for other variables?

Superstition or BS, IMHO.

Look guys let me tell an old story.

One guy use to attack me every so often, but was stronger than me because he farmed m4's whereas I played the game the funzio way.
So every time I passed his hood his building were collected and I was getting attacked left right and center so within 8 hours a rival would disappear from my list.
So after a few days of attack from him I sent him a message saying "Love the way you knocked me out with your punch but when I get stronger I'm going to knock you out"
He replied back "LOL, I be waiting for you"
So because of this rival banter we became friends & he tells me to knock out my wedding chapels as he was going sleep and said it better you take them then someone I don't know.
So as days go to weeks and so on (in that time he told me the location of loots like m4's devilish taxis eta) as I'm around lvl 80 at the time.
He starts to buy bodyguard agencies & started spending his upgrade time in getting each of them to lvl 10, as he was getting the defense building leveled up I started seeing him in my rival list less and less til it got to 2 days and he wasn't showing up at all.
So were sent each other friend request and became mafia members.

Now looking back at it, the common factor why I wasn't able to see him as often was because of the defense building.

I rest my case thank for reading.

Vile Lynn
04-20-2012, 12:32 PM

One guy use to attack me every so often, but was stronger than me because he farmed m4's whereas I played the game the funzio way.
So every time I passed his hood his building were collected and I was getting attacked left right and center so within 8 hours a rival would disappear from my list.
So after a few days of attack from him I sent him a message saying "Love the way you knocked me out with your punch but when I get stronger I'm going to knock you out"
So because of this rival banter we became friends & he tells me to knock out my wedding chapels as he was going sleep and said it better you take them then someone I don't know.
So as days go to weeks and so on (in that time he told me the location of loots like m4's devilish taxis eta) as I'm around lvl 80 at the time.
He starts to buy bodyguard agencies & started spending his upgrade time in getting each of them to lvl 10, as he was getting the defense building leveled up I started seeing him in my rival list less and less til it got to 2 days and he wasn't showing up at all.

Now looking back at it, the common factor why I wasn't able to see him as often was because of the defense building.

You're welcome... It was worth it.

mnju_03
04-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Great, great... another thing added to the nerf list.

Dipstik
04-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, whatever you want to believe is your business, but that's one example strongly colored by confirmation bias without any actual numbers or attempts to test the hypothesis.

I'm gonna go along believing that defense buildings have nothing to do with how often you show up on someone's mafia list. Then again, I also believe the moon landing was staged, so who am I to talk?

jinqs
04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, whatever you want to believe is your business, but that's one example strongly colored by confirmation bias without any actual numbers or attempts to test the hypothesis.

I'm gonna go along believing that defense buildings have nothing to do with how often you show up on someone's mafia list. Then again, I also believe the moon landing was staged, so who am I to talk?
+1... except the thing about the moon landing.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 12:55 PM
It could also be because he reduced his mafia size to a diff bracket. A 399 can only see mostly those in the 500 and 600 range whereas a 500 can see into 1000. Same can be said vice versa. Don't forget this also.

Plux used to be in the 500 mafia and is now 170 something. Those hat see him now is reduced to those 300 mafias thus he is getting seen by less people than previously.

Lets forget asking Plux just saw his profile 150 mafias now.

Have you ever gone into somebodies hood and saw their building open to get robbed, so you rob their high end buildings and leave.
Now after a few more robberies and attack you notice the person you robbed 10 min ago is on your rival list so you pop back into his hood and notice the building you didn't rob are still showing up open with nothing changed.
Now you go to another hood and this time you see the building open so you go press 'rival's profile' but end up accidentally pressing 'to my home' now you go to the rival list he's has just disappeared and now it don't matter how many times to press refresh you don't find him.

If you were to ever find him again you would have noticed he has quite a few defense buildings dotted around.

It just a guess but sometime speculations are good.

Dipstik
04-20-2012, 12:58 PM
How many times have your rivals built a substantial number of defense buildings but still showed up on your rival list regularly? You probably don't notice that or keep track... you're looking for the odd exception because you're trying to find a pattern that isn't there. It's called confirmation bias.

sez
04-20-2012, 12:58 PM

We landed on the moon? No wayyyyyy?!?! Hey everyone! We landed on the moon!!

They're making part2 of this movie :-)

Burn
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
In response to OP...

The ability to shrug off your losses and focus on having fun.

That's about the only strength you need.

If you are lucky, you might even meet a few people who can put a smile on your face.

Everything else is mostly bullsh!t and vanity.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
How many times have your rivals built a substantial number of defense buildings but still showed up on your rival list regularly? You probably don't notice that or keep track... you're looking for the odd exception because you're trying to find a pattern that isn't there. It's called confirmation bias.

Prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dipstik
04-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Prove the moon landing wasn't staged :)

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Prove the moon landing wasn't staged :)

Your right. I'm wrong.
I'm still keeping faith in them for the fun.

How many defense build yah have.

BeniBugatti
04-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I have a guy in my mafia who is level 42. He has over 500 Exeleros and 250 Armored Jets among other things.

Now that is STRONG, people.

Fig Oni
04-20-2012, 01:51 PM
I have a guy in my mafia who is level 42. He has over 500 Exeleros and 250 Armored Jets among other things.

You lie level 42

BeniBugatti
04-20-2012, 01:58 PM
No lie. I have his number if you'd like to try and get an invite...

Paulio
04-20-2012, 01:59 PM

How is that possible? Exelero doesn't even unlock until level 115 and there's no way he got that many from goals.

Giedrius
04-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Fig, I think you are not right regards connection between def. bld. And appearance on rival list. Only facts is that if you drop you mafia significantly you will see and be seen in that bracket of players- this was done my many of us. Only explanation regards why you end up attacked less after you add more def. bldn. Is that a lot of players check you stats first before they attack you and they running scared because of inflated def. score. Not everyone knows that there is such a thing "real defense". The ones who knows difference is more clever and roughly can count difference. That's why nearly all 50 of my Gatling turrets hidden...

BeniBugatti
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM
How is that possible? Exelero doesn't even unlock until level 115 and there's no way he got that many from goals.

As Neo is to the Matrix, this guy seems to be for Crime City...