PDA

View Full Version : Saving all Repect points

jobadass
04-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Anyone else have a feeling there might be a good reason to stockpile respect points?
I haven't been saving long, but I'm just shy of 10K... hoping some new items come out...A non-consumable explosive with 25/25 for around 1k rp would be nice

Euchred
04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I've been saving too. Not to sure how I feel about the explosive idea though. I started saving because I want to see some better items, none of the current ones put my defense up enough :/

jobadass
04-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Explosives are the best option for me. Non-consumable without spending RM would be awesome.

Pekersss
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
youre only going to get non-consumables with gold. what level are you?

jobadass
04-19-2012, 05:45 PM
youre only going to get non-consumables with gold. what level are you?
135. That's why I'm hoping they would come out with a good explosive for RPs

nvbealone
04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
no, it doesnt pay interest on RP . so im spending it all for now.until something really comes up, then i will save

Pekersss
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
dont count on it.. though I would love the addition. I've been holding off TL missions in hopes that the 'worth it': 'not worth it' ratio alters.

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 06:01 PM
To get the most value out of your respect points you should save all your RP for Exelero's, Chain Whips, RPG's, and Full Combat Gear's.

The ideal strategy would be to hit high RP/low XP buildings from the beginning and stockpile all RP's until [insert level Exelero's unlock] and buy 500 Exelero's. Then you would follow this up by purchasing 500 Chain Whips. Then 500 RPG's. Then 500 Full Combat Gear's.

Of course, buying the mid tier RP items instead of saving would give you a better short term boost. The strategy above is only viable if you have high enough stats (without buying ANY low/mid tier RP items) to successfully rob the high RP/low XP buildings.

EDIT: I would personally keep stockpiling RP and see what happens in the future with new game content.

mnju_03
04-19-2012, 06:05 PM
To get the most value out of your respect points you should save all your RP for Exelero's, Chain Whips, RPG's, and Full Combat Gear's.

The ideal strategy would be to hit high RP/low XP buildings from the beginning and stockpile all RP's until [insert level Exelero's unlock] and buy 500 Exelero's. Then you would follow this up by purchasing 500 Chain Whips. Then 500 RPG's. Then 500 Full Combat Gear's.

Of course, buying the mid tier RP items instead of saving would give you a better short term boost. The strategy above is only viable if you have high enough stats (without buying ANY low/mid tier RP items) to successfully rob the high RP/low XP buildings.

I completely agree with this. At the very least until we have better items to purchase with RP that is... and because I can't see the future, these are what I save for to a T...

Gaming Will
04-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I had about 35k RP saved up until this creep hit me this am with $uper stats. I spent 30k of it on chain whips and full combat gear. Back up to 12k now.

Sure am hoping for something nice!

jobadass
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I had about 35k RP saved up until this creep hit me this am with $uper stats. I spent 30k of it on chain whips and full combat gear. Back up to 12k now.

I'm not sure that I ever bought FCG, own 8, probably all from Thug Life rewards. I do, however have 420 NVBs. Hmmm, what was I thinking?

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 06:35 PM

This is what i do.

Save em until i need a boost which isnt very often but its a cheaper boost than using gold im saving for buildings.

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah I'm hoping for new RP weapons too. Explosives would be nice. Im pretty strong for my level and don't really need a stat boost so I've got 43K saved up and don't plan on using any until I see if something new comes out or I start getting beat up.

Gaming Will
04-19-2012, 06:41 PM
This is what i do.

Save em until i need a boost which isnt very often but its a cheaper boost than using gold im saving for buildings.

What's best is that I put a message on his wall "Good Luck".

I had a request to join mafia within 3 minutes. :)

jobadass
04-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah I'm hoping for new RP weapons too. Explosives would be nice. Im pretty strong for my level and don't really need a stat boost so I've got 43K saved up and don't plan on using any until I see if something new comes out or I start getting beat up.
43K sounds nice! Think the most I ever saved was around 28K and I spent them on chain whips and exeleros.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 06:45 PM
What's best is that I put a message on his wall "Good Luck".

I had a request to join mafia within 3 minutes. :)
Accept that request, after you farm him once...those are "real" respect points!

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 06:52 PM

I still remember the first time that was done to me. A real aha moment.

Have used that learning experience many times since. That is always fun.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I still remember the first time that was done to me. A real aha moment.

Have used that learning experience many times since. That is always fun.
I've had a lot of back-and-forth with ppl, and it's usually fun. Some of my favorite mafia are those I've had it out with.

mnju_03
04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
I've had a lot of back-and-forth with ppl, and it's usually fun. Some of my favorite mafia are those I've had it out with.

Like me, Francis! Lol

jobadass
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Like me, Francis! Lol
LOL Yes, Francis, Like you!

duelblade
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Yea on my second account I started saving my RP since I was only 5 levels away from chain whips. I would have kept buying those bikes (im really low on cars but I've turned to farming low riders, I have almost have 20 after a week of farming)but I realized eventually I would be replacing them and I think chain whip is a end game respect point for melee (for now) so ever since level 50 I've been saving for chain whips.

im currently 53 and have almost 5k respect points for chain whips, I hope to have 7.5k by 55 so I can buy at least 10 off the bat.

ruffy
04-19-2012, 08:51 PM
i m sitting on 88,234 respect coins at the moment...

Gaming Will
04-19-2012, 09:16 PM

Nice patience bro!

nvbealone
04-19-2012, 11:50 PM

seriously? what for? it doesnt accrued interest does it? lol

Bala82
04-19-2012, 11:59 PM

If you accept them in your mob you can't rob them ?

Whoopdido1980
04-20-2012, 02:14 AM
seriously? what for? it doesnt accrued interest does it? lol

Why spend them if he doesn't have to? I have to believe Funzio will release new RP items at some point. Anybody that's saving will have a leg up on the new items. I just recently started saving and have like 27,000 or so.

Think of it like real money. Rather than spend every last cent you have on crap right now, stick it in the bank for a rainy day.