PDA

View Full Version : What happens.....

NotsoFunzio
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
. What happens to cheaters if they get found out....?

I'm gonna keep a report on this guy iv filed for cheating who is constantly on my news feed and tell you exactly what my findings are.....

Anyone done tis before..... Tracked a guy that they have filed a complaint against?

What was the outcome, when he/she was found cheating?

A ban, slap on the wrists, no action taken any idea?

Ghost818
04-19-2012, 03:55 PM
All 3 of those last 3 listed have happened.

NotsoFunzio
04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Cool thanks ......

Well I'm gonna stalk this cheater now...... Find out what Funzio really does to cheaters....

If it's nothing I might jump on the bandwagon :p

Maniaxe
04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
I like that you keep on starting threads about cheating then they get locked down. Feels like Soviet Russia.
Don't let them stop you!! Asking questions is a good thing!

In Soviet Russia, forums follow YOU!!!

kaz
04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Seriously, I don't see the point of playing Crime City with so many cheaters around, especially when some people spend RM on this game. I hope that every cheater will get banned or get reset.

Ziva
04-19-2012, 04:25 PM
I like that you keep on starting threads about cheating then they get locked down. Feels like Soviet Russia.
Don't let them stop you!! Asking questions is a good thing!

In Soviet Russia, forums follow YOU!!!

I totally agree!! The second I mentioned filing a formal complaint with the BBB in the last one it was shut down. Funzio censurship at it's worst! Funzio, you are an American company. This IS a free country! Read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution!!

NotsoFunzio
04-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah..... Iv spent money on this game.....

I want to know Funzio are actually policing it.... And getting rid of the cheaters...... Dunno why they are so hush hush about there way of dealing with cheats......

Jus seems a it fishy to me......

Surely it would be better to have a no cheating policy....... GET CAUGHT CHEATING GET BANNED from the game....

If they made it clear cheats got banned..... It would put people off....

Just seems like the coverup what happens........ Dunno why they want us no not know what they do with people that are caught cheating......

I'm thinking you just get a slap on the wrist and can carry on playing...... If that's the case..... I may as well joint them if I have nothing to lose.....

Dravak
04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
people stop whinning read your rules on Itunes , if really bothers you go there to payment history .
and follow the procedure , I am not going to do it anymore.

but i am not going to invest anymore money !
am probaly giving away my crime city to a legit player , yes I can cause it will be me !
even if it is none transferable , it is transferable cause it will be me .

jobadass
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I totally agree!! The second I mentioned filing a formal complaint with the BBB in the last one it was shut down. Funzio censurship at it's worst! Funzio, you are an American company. This IS a free country! Read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution!!
Ziva, I am not personally attacking you, but I disagree with your reasoning.
If you read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, you would know that you are not entitled to the Emarald Burner.
You are playng this game, at will. If you don't like it, Funzio will not force you to play. If you spent some RM on the game and you regret it, don't spend more. There is no need to vent your anger and throw legal threats around on this forum.
It will only get you banned and not earn you much respect here

Maniaxe
04-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I am really with you on this. If you are playing in a pool of cheating sharks, I don't want to be a nice dolphin, I want to be a freaking bloodthirsty shark!
I have considered going to the darkside if the game is not fixed but I hope they get things under control and can give us some answers. I am not even reporting people at this point. If they just get a slap on the wrist then screw it, there is better things they could be focusing on than a pop on the bottom. If I hear people get full bans or resets then well I have a few tickets headed your way. :D Seems to me that the people playing fair are being punished!

Maniaxe
04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
It is a privately owned company forum. The can do want they want. I am not saying it is right but they do have that right to lock threads and ban people. Banning people for speaking their mind but apparently not for cheating.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
DUDE! you're putting Ziva's words in my mouth. go back and edit your post.

Fredo
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Ziva, I understand your frustration, but there are a few things to consider regarding your recent posts.

First, the most recent valuation of Funzio of which I am aware has estimated that it's about a $350 million company, and it is also only based in the United States to my knowledge, so it's not really a multi-billion dollar international corporation - in fact, it's a relatively small company that is still in its growth stage and relies on VC capital funds to sustain its operations.

Second, the better business bureau is not an international regulatory agency. It's actually just an organization that, believe it or not, is operated and controlled by its business members. Thus, it's really kind of a fox guarding the hen house situation, and it would not have any ability to levy fines, award compensatory damages, or anything like that.

Of course, it probably wouldn't take much creative lawyering to come up with some causes of action, such as alleging that Funzio has induced players to spend real money on the game based on the representation that it would prevent and police cheating, but has not done so, resulting in damages to the players. I bet someone could allege some claims under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code section 17200 and other common law theories, find a putative class plaintiff and seek class action certification, and then proceed with a lawsuit seeking refunds, injunctive relief and the like. Certainly, large parts of the terms of service would likely be declared unenforceable, at least under California law.

For discovery, they could seek information related to Funzio's business practices and policies, including with respect to exploits and cheaters, the representations they have made to customers regarding those issues, the funds paid by customers to buy gold and other items, and related documents and communications. To poke behind the curtain even further, maybe they could even seek information related to whether any employees or affiliates of Funzio play the game, perhaps in an effort to further induce customers to funnel more money into the game.

All in theory, mind you. :)

Third, the First Amendment of United States Constitution does not apply to a forum owned and operated by a private entity such as Funzio. Rather, it really only applies where there is state action or a public forum. Those factors are absent here, meaning that Funzio can do whatever they want with the postings.

That said, obviously it does not give much comfort to customers if it appears that Funzio intentionally deletes or shuts down informative and, frankly, legitimate posts involving grievances because it believes that the bottom line may be impacted, all under the guise of a single unilateral determination that the thread is not "constructive."

And I will now take my ban, thank you very much.

Maniaxe
04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Forgive me, I hate to put words in mouths.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Forgive me, I hate to put words in mouths.
Thanks. I kind of stand on the other side of the fence than jumping all legalish. You are forgiven:)

Dravak
04-19-2012, 05:01 PM
It is ok Fredo, look you don't have to bother Itunes has a solution to your problems .
You just go to your payment history say your purchase is invalidated by there lack of commitment against cheaters and hackers.
So you request a refund , apple will look into it , probaly within one month give you back the money .

But you will lose your crime city game , that is not a big deal anymore , since it is a endless bottomless money sink.
Since the advangetage clearly is in hackers and cheaters control .
So aside from paying money you need to be using editor tools , to be able to play the endgame .
With clear advangetage to the cheaters

NotsoFunzio
04-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Ziva, I understand your frustration, but there are a few things to consider regarding your recent posts.

First, the most recent valuation of Funzio of which I am aware has estimated that it's about a $350 million company, and it is also only based in the United States to my knowledge, so it's not really a multi-billion dollar international corporation - in fact, it's a relatively small company that is still in its growth stage and relies on VC capital funds to sustain its operations.

Second, the better business bureau is not an international regulatory agency. It's actually just an organization that, believe it or not, is operated and controlled by its business members. Thus, it's really kind of a fox guarding the hen house situation, and it would not have any ability to levy fines, award compensatory damages, or anything like that.

Of course, it probably wouldn't take much creative lawyering to come up with some causes of action, such as alleging that Funzio has induced players to spend real money on the game based on the representation that it would prevent and police cheating, but has not done so, resulting in damages to the players. I bet someone could allege some claims under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code section 17200 and other common law theories, find a putative class plaintiff and seek class action certification, and then proceed with a lawsuit seeking refunds, injunctive relief and the like. Certainly, large parts of the terms of service would likely be declared unenforceable, at least under California law.

For discovery, they could seek information related to Funzio's business practices and policies, including with respect to exploits and cheaters, the representations they have made to customers regarding those issues, the funds paid by customers to buy gold and other items, and related documents and communications. To poke behind the curtain even further, maybe they could even seek information related to whether any employees or affiliates of Funzio play the game, perhaps in an effort to further induce customers to funnel more money into the game.

All in theory, mind you. :)

Third, the First Amendment of United States Constitution does not apply to a forum owned and operated by a private entity such as Funzio. Rather, it really only applies where there is state action or a public forum. Those factors are absent here, meaning that Funzio can do whatever they want with the postings.

That said, obviously it does not give much comfort to customers if it appears that Funzio intentionally deletes or shuts down informative and, frankly, legitimate posts involving grievances because it believes that the bottom line may be impacted, all under the guise of a single unilateral determination that the thread is not "constructive."

And I will now take my ban, thank you very much.

What he said........................... :P

lol anyone gonna try for fun?

NotsoFunzio
04-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I just want that cheating player thats harldy spent any money on the game..... to get banned so he can stop beating me up and taking all my stuff......

The legit victims of this cheating thing.......... should get somthing back as compensation

Ziva
04-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Ziva, I am not personally attacking you, but I disagree with your reasoning.
If you read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, you would know that you are not entitled to the Emarald Burner.
You are playng this game, at will. If you don't like it, Funzio will not force you to play. If you spent some RM on the game and you regret it, don't spend more. There is no need to vent your anger and throw legal threats around on this forum.
It will only get you banned and not earn you much respect here

Your reply makes no sense at all. What the heck does the stupid Emerald Burner have to do with the Bill of Rights and the Constitution? Nothing! I'm talking about how the threads here are censored. I'm talking about the way this company blatantly allows cheating and in doing so they are cheating all of us honest players. Yes, the events are fixed and we all know that, but that is a different topic.

Ziva
04-19-2012, 06:00 PM
It is a privately owned company forum. The can do want they want. I am not saying it is right but they do have that right to lock threads and ban people. Banning people for speaking their mind but apparently not for cheating.

Very well said, Maniaxe! Thank you! At least someone understands what I meant!

jobadass
04-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Your reply makes no sense at all. What the heck does the stupid Emerald Burner have to do with the Bill of Rights and the Constitution? Nothing! I'm talking about how the threads here are censored. I'm talking about the way this company blatantly allows cheating and in doing so they are cheating all of us honest players. Yes, the events are fixed and we all know that, but that is a different topic.
Funzio is very clear that they have a zero tolerance for cheating. The implementation of their policy is somewhat lagged, but they usually try to make things right.
You're 1st few posts (ever) on this forum were threatening legal suit because for whatever reason you feel like you are owed something.
My point to you is that you shouldn't bring real documents, that mean something; Like the Constitution, and the original 13 Ammendments, into your hysterical rants about how you feel you've been cheated.
You, me, Funzio, and anyone who plays the game knows there was a huge issue, and it's getting smaller. If you don't like it, quit the game. Whatever you do, move on from the issue.
Hope that clears it up for you a bit.

Swearengen
04-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Be careful they will take action, they will stop the thread so you cann't talk about it anymore but no action to the actual cheaters.

Maniaxe
04-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Very well said, Maniaxe! Thank you! At least someone understands what I meant!
While I do not agree with everything you have said, I do understand where you are coming from. You have to remember that Funzio has created a free service that we have the option of paying to play for. I think it is best to go about life showing a little respect and not go around threatening to contact the BBB or spouting of about constitutional rights. If you don't like it and want to see change offer constructive criticism. I think we all get a little riled up and feed of off each other sometimes and loose sight that in the end we all just want issues fixed. I know I am guilty of that.

Ziva
04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=jobadass;179026]Funzio is very clear that they have a zero tolerance for cheating. The implementation of their policy is somewhat lagged, but they usually try to make things right.

Funzio can say they have a zero tolerance for cheating all they want, but when 2 players report the same person for money scam cheating in the same day and that cheating player is still there then it's pretty obvious they are just saying it to appease those who report them.

You're 1st few posts (ever) on this forum were threatening legal suit because for whatever reason you feel like you are owed something.

I was not threatening legal suit, I was talking about filing a complaint with the BBB since the company does not adhere to its policies. As a consumer, that is my right.

You, me, Funzio, and anyone who plays the game knows there was a huge issue, and it's getting smaller.

I've been reading this forum a lot even though I haven't posted until now ; it's not getting any smaller judging by the number of posts on
this topic.

Hope that clears it up for you a bit.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=jobadass;179026]Funzio is very clear that they have a zero tolerance for cheating. The implementation of their policy is somewhat lagged, but they usually try to make things right.

Funzio can say they have a zero tolerance for cheating all they want, but when 2 players report the same person for money scam cheating in the same day and that cheating player is still there then it's pretty obvious they are just saying it to appease those who report them.

I was not threatening legal suit, I was talking about filing a complaint with the BBB since the company does not adhere to its policies. As a consumer, that is my right.

You, me, Funzio, and anyone who plays the game knows there was a huge issue, and it's getting smaller.

I've been reading this forum a lot even though I haven't posted until now ; it's not getting any smaller judging by the number of posts on
this topic.

Hope that clears it up for you a bit.OK. Whatever you say. Take a Pamprin and get some rest hun.

Ziva
04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Ziva;179107]OK. Whatever you say. Take a Pamprin and get some rest hun.

Sonny, you need the pamprin, not me. I'm way past that part of my life, and I really detest people who have no respect for women.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=jobadass;179149]

Sonny, you need the pamprin, not me. I'm way past that part of my life, and I really detest people who have no respect for women.
I am literally laughing my ass off.

Ziva
04-19-2012, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Ziva;179155]
I am literally laughing my ass off.

Laugh it up, fuzzbrain, if you think being disrespectful to women is funny. I think you're pathetic for saying such an intentionally disrespectfully thing.