PDA

View Full Version : Need honest opinions about KA

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 03:05 PM
For all of you who have been playing the game regularly since it launched and who ALSO play Modern War regularly, I would like your honest opinion about Kingdom Age. I'm sure the games are very different from each other, but I want to see what you think so I can decide if I want to play and get into it the way I'm into Modern War, of if I just just leave this one alone. Is it fun? Does it tempt you to buy gold? (or whatever the equivalent of gold is in KA)

Luke7676
04-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Hey SM. It is similar in a lot of ways of MW but is still a bit different. I think it's more indepth or slightly more challegeing then MW just because you have to take more things into count. So far it's been fun. I haven't been tempted to much to buy diamonds yet but I'm sure ppl will be. MW will always be my main but KA is fun to play while your waiting for all your goodies in MW so it gives you something to do in between. You should try it :)

PorkChopExpress
04-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Love it! Love the different nuances you have to be cognizant of... arming yourself, arming your army... great game so far.

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Hey SM. It is similar in a lot of ways of MW but is still a bit different. I think it's more indepth or slightly more challegeing then MW just because you have to take more things into count. So far it's been fun. I haven't been tempted to much to buy diamonds yet but I'm sure ppl will be. MW will always be my main but KA is fun to play while your waiting for all your goodies in MW so it gives you something to do in between. You should try it :)

Thanks Luke. That's helpful info. I will try it out this weekend, when I go into camping mode on MW..lol.

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Love it! Love the different nuances you have to be cognizant of... arming yourself, arming your army... great game so far.

Thanks PorkChop!

Crime City Mark
04-19-2012, 04:09 PM
You get to use a dragon to torch a cave while you're still in the tutorial. 'nuff said.

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
You get to use a dragon to torch a cave while you're still in the tutorial. 'nuff said.

Thanks Mark. That sounds tempting, I must admit. But you're also a developer so....lol.

Euchred
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM

Does that dragon ever make a comeback later on? I haven't seen him since.

Luke7676
04-19-2012, 04:21 PM

Good one Mark :) that takes the cake haha.

marebear
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I like it do far. It does seem more intricate. I like the graphics in it.. Similar to mw, they have character. I don't care for cc much at all. Boring buildings. I still love mw the best but I can see myself playing ka and buying a few gold items. I like the golem and the spider but I'm waiting to check out the le's.

enahs1
04-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I love fighting the monsters, it's more like mw then cc. It's got casualties, vaults, it expands the same way, it's got units likes mw (obviously not the same ones) but in KA you can arm your army. Each ally let's you bring in 3 units. Each unit is armed with 1 armor and 1 weapon

Marc
04-19-2012, 07:45 PM
So gold unit are indestructible and the 'normal unit' can die? same as MW? I'm planning to do the MEGA Turtle route on KA.

enahs1
04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
So gold unit are indestructible and the 'normal unit' can die? same as MW? I'm planning to do the MEGA Turtle route on KA.
I believe so, I'm not sure though

Crime City Mark
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Does that dragon ever make a comeback later on? I haven't seen him since.

I'm not sure. Guess I'll have to play more.

Romaro
04-20-2012, 02:41 AM
Love it, play game with the same hobby painting elf, dragon, rogue from Dark sword miniatures, try hunt another "jackpot" at golf course to buy diamonds :):)

Royal Flush
04-20-2012, 06:49 AM
I like it, prefer it over modern. I prefer CC only because I've spent so much time on it and this has more potential.

One question though .... How could you not have Walls as decorations in a medieval setting!!! HOW Mark :)

URDead
04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
I think it is pretty rad really. It forces you to build a good economy and work hard to build honor points. The kicker is the fact that you have to arm your army. Soooo, the better you play the game, the stronger you will be, and even though your units can be destroyed, the equipment they were carrying stays with you. Also, the actual story line provides MUCH better loot and actually appears to be quite worth the effort. Take into account also the "hero strength" feature allowing you to kill monsters with fewer strokes resulting in more loot drops/experience points. This means you can get good loot without leveling as fast. It just all depends on how you want to play the game. I think it is by far the best of the 3. IMHO.

Freekizh
04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Love it - when I first joined up, while just reading the damn unit instructions and deciding what my first virgin unit was going to be, I got raided! Then I saw all these newbies (like me but now i had a couple of virgin units) with 0TT/0DEF with a crap load of unvaulted gold...I was a kid in a candy shop...

Guys make sure you do plenty of PvP!!

frenda
04-20-2012, 09:28 AM
I've only loaded it yesterday, so take everything with a grain of salt. I still like CC the most, so far. I think all the info available for CC makes it more fun since I can really use strategy. I got into MW before discovering the Forum, so I've been camping to try and recover some atk/def scores as well as my dignity. :) There's still not much info out on MW, not like CC. I think Funzio needs to flesh out the instructions more for each game, since a noob would be totally lost without the Forum and it stops being fun when you can't figure out how others can have such amazing stats and you can't seem to improve yours at all. This game has great potential though.

Freekizh
04-20-2012, 02:23 PM
I started yesterday eveningtoo. KA is unbelievably PvP friendly. Loot great, casualties great. I am at 120-1 already, weird. I haven't really touch MW since, and probably got a crap load of cash building up now :)

Great chance to be in top league for once. Not sure weather to load up on allies or not?

frenda
04-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Gimme your MW number, I'll go raid ya. Just kidding. Yeah, I'm camping in MW and CC now, so this is a nice diversion.

Modern Warrior
04-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Just started today & currently camping in MW, so this is a welcome distraction. Still very new to this type of game, MW was my first, so it takes a bit of time for me to work the benefits out, but it looks ok. I read a lot of fantasy books yrs ago and maybe that helps get in to the mood. Overall, similar enough to MW to make it familiar and easy to get in to, but different enough to offer a bit of a challenge/a bit of diversity. Bottom line is it costs nothing but time to try, so why not give it a go (unless you have no spare time) ; )

frenda
04-20-2012, 02:49 PM
MW, you should look into CC, it's a lot of fun too.

Modern Warrior
04-20-2012, 02:54 PM
@frenda Yeah, but I kind of felt like I missed the boat.

Freekizh
04-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Gimme your MW number, I'll go raid ya. Just kidding. Yeah, I'm camping in MW and CC now, so this is a nice diversion.

Too late just ran into a gold player who busted my 130 raid winning streak..

I just saw war priests stats .. He's like 4x my stats!!! Damn he went heavy..