PDA

View Full Version : Why even campers should participate in events

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
This one goes out to all you hardcore campers out there and for anyone not participating in, or boycotting events. If this describes you, come out of your cave and participate. Here's why: when played right, these events have the highest loot per XP and RP per XP of anything in the game. I'm not only talking about the gold-level event items, but the random loot drops; 500 RP, $125,000, $25,000, decent vehicles, decent armor, decent melee, etc. If conservative, you can play the entire event for under 200 XP and will likely come out with some really great stuff.

The Strategy

At event start, do some light farming at your favorite mission. Your goal should be to get about 2-3 event objects (i.e. ATMs, Bank Boxes, Boss Bags, etc.) on-hand to start with. If you are concerned that farming will accumulate XP too quickly, proceed to step 3.
Start opening these event objects as frequently as possible. If you are saving cash, use the free option. Your goal is not to get the gold-level event items, but the loot that comes from successfully opening an event object. Any gold-level items you acquire, only help reinforce that this XP is worth the effort.
After the first 4-8 hours, switch from farming to robbing for event objects. Focus only on low XP buildings and rob from players who appear to be active; that is, all buildings are collected from except LMs and 1-3 hour buildings. Also, to maximize the likelihood of robbing from a player who has event objects on-hand, check their inventory to see if they have special items from previous events. Their participation in past events implies they are participating in the current event and therefore have objects on-hand. I usually rob a likely candidate's LM or Collection Agency, review his inventory in the results screen, and then continue if he has special items, especially if they are from the most recent event. If he doesn't, I don't waste my Stamina and just move on to the next candidate.
Practice minimalist robbing. In other words, don't hoard event objects. I only rob until I have about 10 event objects on-hand and then camp again. I continue to open event objects hourly until I get down to about 2-3 and then rob for more event objects. Ideally, you will open your last event object right before the event ends.
Lather, rinse, repeat until the event ends.

The reward
If you are lucky, you will get the first three gold-level special items (3, 5, and 7). In the end, you will probably gain more than 2,000 RP, $300,000, and at least a half-dozen vehicles, armor, and melee items. Not bad for only 100-200 XP worth of effort; definitely worth coming out of the camping cave for a little crawling, IMO. This is especially true if you gain any gold-level event items since most are not purchasable with RP or cash.

If you want proof, here are my results from the current and last three events:
ATMs / Credit Cards – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24849-NEW-EVENT!!!-Log-your-progress-here!&p=173754&viewfull=1#post173754)
Bank Boxes / Diamond Pendants – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23559-New-event-log-your-progress-here&p=156764&viewfull=1#post156764)
Boss Bags / Contraband – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22633-Boss-Bag-Event-Log-Your-Progress-Here!&p=144314&viewfull=1#post144314)
Wall Safes / Emeralds – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22339-Wall-Safe-Results-Breakdown&p=138552&viewfull=1#post138552)

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
where do you guys get your ATMs?

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
where do you guys get your ATMs?
Read Step #1...

At event start, do some light farming at your favorite mission.
Supposedly, the higher the mission Energy needed, the higher the drop rate of event objects (e.g. ATMs), but I've farmed some pretty weak locations with good results.

Also, I like the new alias, Santa.

Fig Oni
04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Since the ending of multi drop loots and m4's as long as you don't do pvp and mission.
Exclusively doing low xp robberies, it's like camping in the high levels.

But another excellent thread +100.

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Also, I like the new alias, Santa.

Well spotted.

Also, agree fully with this thread. Up until this event I have been camping for the last 2 and have spent very little XP and have walked away with 8 and 9 contraband items. Always kept anywhere from 2-5 "boxes" on hand and things worked out pretty well.

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
it's not santa!!!! god!

why can't a guy have some of the same interests as someone else???? It would be creepy if he went to my HS :/

mac daddy
04-19-2012, 03:11 PM
This one goes out to all you hardcore campers out there and for anyone not participating in, or boycotting events. If this describes you, come out of your cave and participate. Here's why: when played right, these events have the highest loot per XP and RP per XP of anything in the game. I'm not only talking about the gold-level event items, but the random loot drops; 500 RP, $125,000, $25,000, decent vehicles, decent armor, decent melee, etc. If conservative, you can play the entire event for under 200 XP and will likely come out with some really great stuff.

The Strategy

At event start, do some light farming at your favorite mission. Your goal should be to get about 2-3 event objects (i.e. ATMs, Bank Boxes, Boss Bags, etc.) on-hand to start with. If you are concerned that farming will accumulate XP too quickly, proceed to step 3.
Start opening these event objects as frequently as possible. If you are saving cash, use the free option. Your goal is not to get the gold-level event items, but the loot that comes from successfully opening an event object. Any gold-level items you acquire, only help reinforce that this XP is worth the effort.
After the first 4-8 hours, switch from farming to robbing for event objects. Focus only on low XP buildings and rob from players who appear to be active; that is, all buildings are collected from except LMs and 1-3 hour buildings. Also, to maximize the likelihood of robbing from a player who has event objects on-hand, check their inventory to see if they have special items from previous events. Their participation in past events implies they are participating in the current event and therefore have objects on-hand. I usually rob a likely candidate's LM or Collection Agency, review his inventory in the results screen, and then continue if he has special items, especially if they are from the most recent event. If he doesn't, I don't waste my Stamina and just move on to the next candidate.
Practice minimalist robbing. In other words, don't hoard event objects. I only rob until I have about 10 event objects on-hand and then camp again. I continue to open event objects hourly until I get down to about 2-3 and then rob for more event objects. Ideally, you will open your last event object right before the event ends.
Lather, rinse, repeat until the event ends.

The reward
If you are lucky, you will get the first three gold-level special items (3, 5, and 7). In the end, you will probably gain more than 2,000 RP, $300,000, and at least a half-dozen vehicles, armor, and melee items. Not bad for only 100-200 XP worth of effort; definitely worth coming out of the camping cave for a little crawling, IMO. This is especially true if you gain any gold-level event items since most are not purchasable with RP or cash.

If you want proof, here are my results from the current and last three events:
ATMs / Credit Cards – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24849-NEW-EVENT!!!-Log-your-progress-here!&p=173754&viewfull=1#post173754)
Bank Boxes / Diamond Pendants – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23559-New-event-log-your-progress-here&p=156764&viewfull=1#post156764)
Boss Bags / Contraband – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22633-Boss-Bag-Event-Log-Your-Progress-Here!&p=144314&viewfull=1#post144314)
Wall Safes / Emeralds – Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22339-Wall-Safe-Results-Breakdown&p=138552&viewfull=1#post138552)

Very cogent argument. You sir, are a forum king and one of the people I respect most online.
Thanks for your contributions.

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 03:11 PM
it's not santa!!!! god!

why can't a guy have some of the same interests as someone else???? It would be creepy if he went to my HS :/
Alright, dude. Forget I said anything. I'm not really too interested in seeing thread become a Santa vs. Pikachu, who's who thread. This one is dedicated to the massive gains that can be had for very little XP.

Euchred
04-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I see the advantage of high level campers participating but as a low level camper I see no real benefit.

The pizes aren't as good, the items for opening lock boxes aren't as good for example you won't get 125k or 500 respect at lvl 36. It doesn't take a whole lot of xp to level up and not a lot of low levels participate so it's harder to get boxes from pvp.

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 03:48 PM
I see the advantage of high level campers participating but as a low level camper I see no real benefit.

The pizes aren't as good, the items for opening lock boxes aren't as good for example you won't get 125k or 500 respect at lvl 36. It doesn't take a whole lot of xp to level up and not a lot of low levels participate so it's harder to get boxes from pvp.

I see that point and I think it has traction. However, I would draw the line at level 80, or the mid-levels, not high-levels. I think players level 81 and above start getting the top-tier loot drops. At level 94, I definitely come out of my cave for events.

Euchred
04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I see that point and I think it has traction. However, I would draw the line at level 80, or the mid-levels, not high-levels. I think players level 81 and above start getting the top-tier loot drops. At level 94, I definitely come out of my cave for events.

I agree with that and honestly if I would have known that they were going to boost the dice my camper would have gone for them.

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 04:03 PM
it's not santa!!!! god!

Thanks for my daily chuckle.......too funny...

ryusho
04-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Great post on the merits of participating in events, Nicholost.

While I do agree that there is immense benefits for the hardcore campers at levels 80 and above with the potential to get the highest-tier rewards, I believe the benefits to participate in events for hardcore campers even at the lowest tier [10-20] can make a significant difference. It may be true that the event rewards may not be as great as those in the higher tiers, but when comparing against peers at the same level, the loot obtained is relatively stronger. The gains one can achieve if they reach the final item can do wonders to augment one's camping strategy too (25% faster upgrades leads to shorter ROIs etc).

Some may argue that given that the camper's endgame goal is to be competing against the higher levels (hence their camping to ensure strength of economy), so it makes sense to only participate at the higher levels. The fact is this: events are here to stay. If one chooses not to participate in it, they will be at a disadvantage to the one who participates in them regularly. Why? Because by the time the camper decides it's time to participate and starts leveling up, they will come across players who have already obtained past event items and MIGHT (due to the number of event items they have and final rewards if they're lucky) be equal in strength to/more powerful than the full cash weapons equipped camper.

The events that Funzio has set up so far essentially divides what was just a simple non-gold group of players and gold-purchasing players to 4 different groups;

Gold purchasing players who actively pursue events,
Gold purchasing players who plays events casually/neglects events,
Non gold players who actively pursue events and finally,
Non gold players who plays events casually/neglects events.

It's safe to say that it is impossible for any player in the other groups to catch up to the first group of players. However, the events Funzio set up provides an opportunity for non gold players to compete against the 2nd group (with the price being the time spent in hourly opening of lockboxes). Having said that, everyone has their own way they want to play the game. There's no shame in being in any one of the 4 groups.

A point I might add to Nicholost's strategy is if you use the strategy of robbing players with event items on hand, it will probably only work at the mid-tier to high-tier levels. Reason being although the low-tier event rewards aren't as great as those of the mid-tier and high-tier, they stand to make a more significant difference at the lower levels due to a restriction in mafia numbers and the relative strength of defence buildings. However, there are still ways and means low level campers can still get event items; see examples mnju03 and our legendary camper duder.

Plux
04-20-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm deep into professional camping at the moment and don't need to attack anyone or rob anyone as my chosen map provides me with a comfortable supply of ATM's daily. No need to think outside of the bun on this one.

Pikachu
04-20-2012, 05:08 PM
An even better reason to do the ATM event is...

The reward now gives a +100 to the attack skill! No, seriously it does.

Now if only Funzio would spill the beans about what these points actually DO. :)

OG Kush
04-20-2012, 09:20 PM
I camp through events. Gain a level or 2 only by attacking rivals so I still get my level up with some skills too. This is the smart camper way. While all of this is going down. My economy is getting greater.

OG Kush level 127
297-065-557
Make atleast 5 million cash a day.

kykboxr
05-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks N!!!

sexkitteh
05-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm on android :(

no events for me yet...

On another note... if events happen suddenly for android and I'm only lvl 9... the items for my lvl won't be as good right?

Will the "bonuses" be good/same though? like the cheaper building cost and all that jazz?

duder
12-12-2012, 06:15 AM
Great post.

I'd posit that events are a great way to slowly activate out of a full blown low level camp. Since the point of the camp is to generate a high income (in order to buy equips), the next step after camping would be to pursue either a solid influx of respect or find a good mission spot to farm weapons (does this still exist? are there any worthwhile spots at lower levels?).

By holding out for events to do your robbing (I say robbing because hitting players gives a lot of xp per rp) you get the added benefit of picking up high value gear on the way up.

If you are trying to stay under level 10 through your camp, avoid events like the plague. If you're reading forums, you're probably smart enough to figure out that it's only a matter of time before external attacks will level you up. If you don't end up leveling up from chasing that third or fourth unlock event item, it would be a minor miracle.

buddylee
12-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Nicholost - Thanks for the info. This will help in refining how I camp/crawl/participate in events.

TonySpaghetti
12-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Great post.

I'd posit that events are a great way to slowly activate out of a full blown low level camp. Since the point of the camp is to generate a high income (in order to buy equips), the next step after camping would be to pursue either a solid influx of respect or find a good mission spot to farm weapons (does this still exist? are there any worthwhile spots at lower levels?).

By holding out for events to do your robbing (I say robbing because hitting players gives a lot of xp per rp) you get the added benefit of picking up high value gear on the way up.

If you are trying to stay under level 10 through your camp, avoid events like the plague. If you're reading forums, you're probably smart enough to figure out that it's only a matter of time before external attacks will level you up. If you don't end up leveling up from chasing that third or fourth unlock event item, it would be a minor miracle.

Necro much? Lol

Ragmondino
12-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Come on down, it's necro time

Bala82
12-12-2012, 07:44 AM
unfortunately the leaderboard event has made this redundant because increase it 20 instead of 10 and 5,10,15,20 prizes are even harder to get without gold. The boss events are only event to participate for campers.

duder
12-12-2012, 08:50 AM
sorry, missed the discussion first time around... I'll try to keep my posts to a dull roar on threads that folks aren't reading anymore!

Paulio
12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
duder, a forum legend ...