PDA

View Full Version : To revenge or not to revenge?

What?
04-19-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm assuming both players have evenly matched stats meaning if one player attacks they will win some and lose some and vice versa. If you are revenge attacking someone with far better stats you are just asking for trouble. If you get raided by a player what is the usual chain of events after you log in? You collect your money from buildings go to the news then revenge and go to the players base. Let's say they do have comparable stats and some money from building you can raid so you decide to raid them. A few things to consider is does the money you can raid equal or surpass the money you lost to them and can you beat them? If it does then you may want to attack and recoup your loses. But there is one more thing to consider and this is even more important; do you want your opponent having the ability to revenge on their side? Remember you just collected from your buildings and any smart player (assuming you just collected) knows to the minute when you collected your 12,24, or 48 hour or even other lesser buildings and can now time revenge attacks knowing when these building will be able to be raided for money. Obviously not all buildings are collected at the same time, but an opponent can assume some were and check back at your base at those times. On your end you have no idea when your opponents building will have money leaving you at a disadvantage.

This assumption however can be used to your advantage, some players that attacked you may have just collected their own buildings before raiding and attacking and you may be able to time your revenge 12/24/48 hours later and raid their big money making buildings. There is one constant in this game and that is the collection timers. I have made a lot of money raiding players and then in a fit of rage the players attack me back. Maybe damaging some of my boost building or attacking for pittance. Then all you need to do is note the time and recheck 12/24/ and 48 hours from their attack and possibly harvest vast sums of money.

So a few suggestions. Don't attack back for the sake of attacking back. You have to have something to gain more than what you lost already or be worth future losses. Dont attack right away after logging in and collecting your money. If the player sees the attack within an hour they can calculate within a few minutes when your buildings you just collected will be able to be raided again. If it is past an hour they can still get a very close estimate when the one hour ago turns to two hours ago and calculate from there.

Good luck and happy hunting.

SolidSnake
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
I attack regardless of losses. Sure by week's end when I do my restocking of units it costs millions, but I clear over 15000 Valor during that time if not more. Having over 300k an hour helps with losses to.

Modern Warrior
04-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I think at lower levels people are checking in more often to collect their 5 min to 3 hr buildings,and seeing/responding to attacks/raids more often, ie not just when they are collecting their 12/24/48 hr buildings so it's not so relevant. This does depend on personal circumstances/ability to access the game during the day.

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 02:30 PM
I really think you are assuming an intelligence level FAR greater than most of your rivals actually have. Most people, (self-included) revenge attack for emotional reasons. Your strategical approach is a touch of brilliance, really.

Harnj
04-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Haha, this is a great strategy. I actually used this couple times. One of my success from memory is when I raided my rival's two level 10 munitions stockpiles. And this guy attacked me at around 10pm for revenge. So I raided those stockpiles again at around 10pm the next day :) I used the same strategy to raid nano tech from another rival and I think this guy got really mad considering that he raided about half of my base including unit and defense buildings lol

vball
04-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Brilliant. Completely agree and use the timers to check back. The only thing I forget is that some of them drop 48 hours vs 24 hours. Oh well.

Yes, if you strike back blindly, it can often be disasterous as you will now appear on their feed for them to come "visit" you again.

Everson25
04-20-2012, 09:21 AM
I was doing pvp quite often before and I was winning most but I was checking everything before doing it like stats, units, if it was a free player, etc. I don't go blind. I did my share of mistakes at the beginning. When someone stronger attacks me I also check stats and base to see if it's worth to go for revenge. I did in the past and it's always fun to have money back.

StuN
04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Doesn't make sense to me, upgrade times kind of throw set collection times out of the window. None of my 12, 24 or 48 hour buildings are ready for collection at the same time

Everson25
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Doesn't make sense to me, upgrade times kind of throw set collection times out of the window. None of my 12, 24 or 48 hour buildings are ready for collection at the same time I'm having the same problem. I used to have all collections at te same time but because of upgrade time all changed now so I need to double check. I will probably leave the collection for a half day when I see my stats are better just to put together. Of course, I'm already taking account that I may lose 500k or more in raiding while waiting.

Maverick50727
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
One thing to add is to check people's units and ally counts in addition to just pure stats. Some people like me are running under their max allies and can quickly increase their stats if they want to put a hurt on for some revenge.

I won't mention names but I have put the hurt on about 10 rivals "pests" in the last 2 months for raiding me. One raided me for about 3.5mil, but in the end it cost me 4.2mil including my lost units in the revenge. It cost them 13.4 mil and 4600 valor in lost units before I decided to let them off the hook.

Attack and raid wisely so you don't make the wrong enemies.

JohnnyR
04-20-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm having the same problem. I used to have all collections at te same time but because of upgrade time all changed now so I need to double check. I will probably leave the collection for a half day when I see my stats are better just to put together. Of course, I'm already taking account that I may lose 500k or more in raiding while waiting.

This here is a good reason to break the always be upgrading rule. If you gotta waste 12 hours to make sure the building is in sync with the others when it's done, I say it's well worth it. Don't forget to include the fact that timers start at zero when they're complete.