PDA

View Full Version : Attacking Cautiously

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
How come when I go to someones hood and check their stats their defense might be ie:1500 but when I attack them it drops to 900?

I find this bizarre and misleading...

mnju_03
04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I think the buildings take part... It kinda pads the stats but PvP is straight inventory stats.

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
OHHHHHH - so the buildings is to prevent getting robbed????

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Read through this and see if it helps. Basically, it's been determined through experimentation that the building defense isn't as strong as what is displayed.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

mnju_03
04-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I believe so, crap I don't remember the facts anymore... I'm fried on these events!

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Thank you...

What gets me though is why is it easier to rob someone that PVP them???

G Wiz
04-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Robbing makes the world go round. It makes sense for it to be easier to take from people so that everyone can grow.

Ghost818
04-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Thank you...

What gets me though is why is it easier to rob someone that PVP them???
This is linked to the other thread you have and the discussion we are having, that is the mystery behind upgrading defense buildings.

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 09:59 AM
CURSE YOU FUNZIO!!!! t(*0*)z

Crime City Mark
04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Since defense buildings provide the same bonus for robs and attacks it doesn't have to do with them. The reason robs are easier is because your total item defense is lowered when you're robbed.

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Omg!!! It speaks truths to us!!! \(^0^)/

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
MrMark... since we have you on the line ^^

What is the defense of the building past lvl1 upgrade? Is it as they suspect half the value?

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Since defense buildings provide the same bonus for robs and attacks it doesn't have to do with them. The reason robs are easier is because your total item defense is lowered when you're robbed.

Mark, in the game data, each money building has a defense_value property. Does that mean money buildings have their own defense against robberies? If so, does that defense increase as the building is leveled?

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Mark? Hello??? MAAAAAARK???? You there?? Can you hear us now?

duelblade
04-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Mark? Hello??? MAAAAAARK???? You there?? Can you hear us now?

don't waste your posts even if he does respond it will be vague or will tell you he can't discuss it, we've been trying for months now to get him and or funzio to release the defense building statistics but they wouldn't tell us....

consider yourself lucky he even posted on your thread we don't hear from mark very often anymore.

murf
04-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Mark, in the game data, each money building has a defense_value property. Does that mean money buildings have their own defense against robberies? If so, does that defense increase as the building is leveled?

I have to believe this is true. I remember back to my beginning days, with attack/defense in the 100's the embedded defense of money buildings was a significant % of overall defense and could make the difference between succeeding or not. I had a hard time robbing L7 Warehouses (you see a bunch of them because of the Goals) but could always rob lower leveled ones. I know it's anecdotal, and this forum is filled with too much anecdotal information, but I figured I'd add my input here, anyway ;) A confirmation from CCM would be nice.

So many unknowns about actual defense ?!?!?