PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading low level building to Level 10

Bala82
04-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I just went to somebody hood and i was surprised to see Level 10 buildings- i added him as a friend but i was surprised to see it as the players only a level 8. It must taken him weeks to do that :eek:

My question is for low level like myself (Level 10) is it worth trying upgrade my building level 10 as most of my buildings are around level 3.

At what point should you stop upgrading building and decide to get better ones ?.

The guides tell you suggested buildings but it doesn't say when stop upgrading and go for them ?

Ghost818
04-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Well as a lower level player it is always advised to get your Laundromats to level 10, as they are in the lower levels the best buildings for fast cash.

Bala82
04-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks what about other building like pizza parlor , Deli or Souvenir store ?

Assuming i won't sell them as i level up

Ghost818
04-19-2012, 08:22 AM
It's advised to alwaysbe upgrading and building nonstop to get the maximum income benefit. So upgrade whatever you have non stop and build constantly.

dudeman
04-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks what about other building like pizza parlor , Deli or Souvenir store ?

Assuming i won't sell them as i level up

A lot of people sell those buildings eventually. I think I upgraded them to level 5, but then I was building better buildings, running out of space, and getting robbed a lot (3s and 6s aren't great for me). So I sold them. I don't miss them. Once I had better buildings the earlier buildings weren't going to see any further upgrades and were causing me problems, so it didn't make sense to keep them.

jinqs
04-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Well as a lower level player it is always advised to get your Laundromats to level 10, as they are in the lower levels the best buildings for fast cash.
But you don't want to rush to lvl 10 laundromats. If you do, you will spend a LOT of time upgrading them and all that time spent upgrading is time that they are not producing money. You want to upgrade them slowly along with the rest of your buildings. Just go by highest $ per hour per upgrade hour on the money buildings spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR 2c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

I'm currently level 11 and I have:
Laundromat 6, 6
Pizza Parlor 4, 4
Gas station 3, 3
Souveniers 3, 3
Deli 3, 3
Barber 2, 2
House 2, 2
T-Shirt 3, 3
Italian 3, 2
Pawn Shop 3, 3
Ice Cream 5, 4
Gun Shop 2, 2
Ice Cream 4, 5
Tattoo 2, 1
B-Ball 4

The quick production of the level 6 Laundromats funds all those other buildings which actually increase your $/per much faster than upgrading the laundromat.

Ghost818
04-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Jinqs makes a good point, best way to do it is utilize the spreadsheets our fellow forum mates have made and build on ROI (return on investment)

jinqs
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Jinqs makes a good point, best way to do it is utilize the spreadsheets our fellow forum mates have made and build on ROI (return on investment)
See also: this thread (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24798-Wrong-ROI-in-Money-Buildings-spreadsheet).

Babytway
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
i want huge income, but i also want some lvl 10 buildings as well, i dont sell off any of my buildings so right now im upgrading all them lower income buildings to lvl 10, yes even though they dont pay out as much as other buildings i could be upgrading i think i would be satisfied seeing them lvl 10 and being done with them. so right now im doing pizza parlours then gonna move over to gunshops and delis and tattoo shops. by the time all thats done i will have enough cash save up to upgrade the best buildings one or two times. im on the slowboat to china

edit..in between upgrading these low level buildings will be upgrading gun turrets here and there and both wedding chapels up a lvl for the 3hr income boost

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Bala! Get an ice cream stand! They are easy to get with free gold offers! They make tones of money and they are stupid cheap to level up!!!! :)

AND THEY TAKE UP NO SPACE!

Bala82
04-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Thank kitten i really wish i hadn't spend gold on spreading up upgrades :(

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Thank kitten i really wish i hadn't spend gold on spreading up upgrades :(

Download tapjoy and get more gold... I swear it's endless amount of gold you can get... just takes time...

You only need... 16 I think???

My ice cream stands took a day to get to level 5 and produce I believe 1500 gold...

Bala82
04-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I tried tapjoy but didn't like apps plus i don't have much space on my phone to download junk apps for the gold. It's not a big deal as i seem winning a lot of fights when people attack me so i getting free cash every couple of hours. I only been beaten by gold players.

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Bala... you just donwload the game as soon as it opens up delete the game... very simple concept.

Stingray
04-19-2012, 08:57 AM
You could also take look at the best of the best guides (it's in the sticky).
Currently i'm camping at low level.

i've made my decisions on ROI (seriously, you should learn what it is. It'll help you a lot).

A good start at low level would be as followed:
- Get both Laundromats on level 10 (if you have the possibility to collect every 5 minutes it's a definite MUST on low level)
- After that upgrade your Ice Cream Shops to level 10 (1 Ice Cream Shop = 8 gold. Shouldn't be hard to get 16 gold in 1-2 days without spending real money)
- Try go get to level 13 and stick to it
- Build Italian Restaurants and upgrade those to level 10
- Houses would be a good 4th to upgrade to 10

Yes, it will take you some time, but the investments will be great on long term. By the time you achieved all that goals, you will have a good income to start building Movie Theaters/Lofts and upgrade those.

@Sexkitteh
What's up with your Ava o.O "I eated it". Hahaha

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 09:04 AM

i've made my decisions on ROI (seriously, you should learn what it is. It'll help you a lot).

- Get both Laundromats on level 10 (if you have the possibility to collect every 5 minutes it's a definite MUST on low level)
- After that upgrade your Ice Cream Shops to level 10 (1 Ice Cream Shop = 8 gold. Shouldn't be hard to get 16 gold in 1-2 days without spending real money)

Yes, it will take you some time, but the investments will be great on long term. By the time you achieved all that goals, you will have a good income to start building Movie Theaters/Lofts and upgrade those.

@Sexkitteh
What's up with your Ava o.O "I eated it". Hahaha

It's how kids speak these days o_0

You got to keep up with the lingo or you won't be able to understand generations to come :D

Bala82
04-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Bala... you just donwload the game as soon as it opens up delete the game... very simple concept.

I know that but i don't risk get spam notification afterwards :(

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Well it's up to you... but I recommend you do it for 16 games... you will not regret getting the ice cream!

And if you go for legit games... no risk... like deer hunter and hello kitty ^^ (beware I had to level my kitty to lvl3 arg!!!)

Bala82
04-19-2012, 09:15 AM

Italian Restaurants is avaliable at 15 so it arcade which are next on the list once i have finish upgrade my current buildings. This is great because now i have plan for next couple of weeks. I will add you my mob :)

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 09:17 AM
I think I'm going to take a simmer break and level my buildings... my income sucks...

I'm lvl30 and I'm only pumping out 5k p/h!!!! ARGGG

duelblade
04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
yes I believe upgrading some early buildings to level 10 its kinda Ironic because I ran out of cash this morning so I just started upgrading one of my houses to level 10 (66 hour upgrade time yikes!) just be careful which you choose to upgrade to level 10 and a good rule of thumb is to NOT upgrade any 6x6 buildings to level 10 since most buildings in the game all the way up through the levels are 6x6 (only early ones I would consider that are 6x6 to upgrade to level 10 are souvenir stall and Italian dinar)

also if you think you might delete the building at any time in the future don't even waste your time upgrading it to level 10 since you would just be wasting your upgrade hours.

since their is usually 4x4 space left over from bigger buildings many times its worth hanging on to (in my opinion) fill in those gaps that would otherwise be left empty.

my opinions of what low level 4x4s you should upgrade to 10? here is my list: gun shops, ice cream stalls, houses, laundromats, barbershops, and if you don't mind 18 hours (like me) then shirt stalls are really good level 10s

fuzzy
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Italian Restaurants is avaliable at 15 so it arcade which are next on the list once i have finish upgrade my current buildings. This is great because now i have plan for next couple of weeks. I will add you my mob :)

Italian Restaurants are unlocked to having 20 mafia not what level. I'm at Level 9 with both of mine sitting at 4 and 5. The other will be up to 5 tonight.

As other people posted. Always Always be upgrading something at all times.

Stingray
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Well not exactly. I'm level 13 and i already have 2 Italian Restaurants.

I think I'm going to take a simmer break and level my buildings... my income sucks...

I'm lvl30 and I'm only pumping out 5k p/h!!!! ARGGG

Yeah i allso made that mistake on my iPhone. On my iPad i'm currently level 13 and have an income of almost 9k/h.
You should stop leveling for a while and increase your income. With money, you can make more money...

Bala82
04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Italian Restaurants are unlocked to having 20 mafia not what level. I'm at Level 9 with both of mine sitting at 4 and 5. The other will be up to 5 tonight.

As other people posted. Always Always be upgrading something at all times.

So is this link wrong ?
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Italian_Restaurant

Mig
04-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I make $172k/hr at level 109, never used any gold and accidentally wasted my 10 free gold at the start of the game because I didn't know what it was for. I started thinking about my economy properly at about level 70, so I wish I'd started earlier. I have my own upgrade list that I have customised from the spreadsheet guide posted here. The spreadsheet is a start because it lists all the buildings for you but it's not optimal and requires you doing some extra calculations to get better guides as to what you should upgrade next. Just going on the ROI column is not as good as everyone here thinks.

When a building reaches a certain level, you should stop and develop something that will offer you better returns. Don't just upgrade all buildings to lv10. You also need to consider robberies and your collection timing. I upgraded my Italian Restaurants both to lv10 when I realised nobody ever robs them after a certain level. They are a great early investment.

Laundromats, in my opinion are grossly over-hyped. Unless you have no job, no life, and don't sleep, they're nowhere near as good as the stats say. There's no way you can collect every 5 minutes, 24 hours around the clock. To maximise laundromat collection you need to make 288 collections every day. I bet most people make 25% of them, tops.

Also, forget 1 hour collection buildings. Also bad investments.

fuzzy
04-19-2012, 09:55 AM
So is this link wrong ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR 2c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=1

duelblade
04-19-2012, 10:47 AM
So is this link wrong ?

fixed it for ya

murf
04-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I make $172k/hr at level 109, never used any gold and accidentally wasted my 10 free gold at the start of the game because I didn't know what it was for. I started thinking about my economy properly at about level 70, so I wish I'd started earlier. I have my own upgrade list that I have customised from the spreadsheet guide posted here. The spreadsheet is a start because it lists all the buildings for you but it's not optimal and requires you doing some extra calculations to get better guides as to what you should upgrade next. Just going on the ROI column is not as good as everyone here thinks.

When a building reaches a certain level, you should stop and develop something that will offer you better returns. Don't just upgrade all buildings to lv10. You also need to consider robberies and your collection timing. I upgraded my Italian Restaurants both to lv10 when I realised nobody ever robs them after a certain level. They are a great early investment.

Laundromats, in my opinion are grossly over-hyped. Unless you have no job, no life, and don't sleep, they're nowhere near as good as the stats say. There's no way you can collect every 5 minutes, 24 hours around the clock. To maximise laundromat collection you need to make 288 collections every day. I bet most people make 25% of them, tops.

When you are doing your calculations as to what to build next, adjust the collection time to match how often you think you will collect....I do something like this:

0:05 = 0:25
1:00 = 2:30
3:00 = 5:00
6:00 = 9:00
8:00 - 11:00
etc...

This will give you a truer look at which buildings are better.

rareay84
04-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm lvl 38-ish. Looking at what to upgrade, I look at the following:
* End time of upgrade (so I don't miss hours not-upgrading something)
* How frugal (upgrade cost over $/hr gain)
* How fast (upgrade time over $/hr gain)

This always gives me 5-6 options to choose from. I can pick longer times if I'm saving for something, or shorter times for max economy growth.

Also, I look at the max contribution a building will make, measured in $/hr/square. If whatever I'm considering won't make more than $50/hr/square at level 10, it's at the bottom of the list. So houses and barbershops and fish stores and stuff make the cut, but pawn shops and delis and warehouses and such won't.

Babytway
04-19-2012, 11:02 AM

i wouldnt diss the 1hr buildings, i believe as long as you keep them lvl1 or lvl2 they are great investment. Most ppl dont rob them cause the payout and respect isn't worth your 1 stam. even if they do get robbed they make there money back very quickly, and when you can collect them its extra spare change you can bank.

frenda
04-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Is there a way to link the spreadsheet to the Wiki descriptions of buildings? I like them both and if there was a way to link them, that would make it even better.

duelblade
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
i wouldnt diss the 1hr buildings, i believe as long as you keep them lvl1 or lvl2 they are great investment. Most ppl dont rob them cause the payout and respect isn't worth your 1 stam. even if they do get robbed they make there money back very quickly, and when you can collect them its extra spare change you can bank.

exactly why I keep mine since I use trees to cover as many buildings numbers as I can and most people will pass over my 1 and 3 hours without even thinking to hit them and if they do? I still get half and they come back in so quickly that it does not bother me.

Bala82
04-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Do tree really make a diffrence in hiding your building since money sign would make it obvious building is there ?

duelblade
04-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Do tree really make a diffrence in hiding your building since money sign would make it obvious building is there ?

yes I was resetting 1 level 10 house and 1 level 3 movie theater.

I had both their number hidden by trees and within two hours my movie theater was hit and robbed however my house sat for 8 hours until it was synced and did not get hit once.

(movie theater is 20k but the house was 29k so my house would have paid better)

generally unless its good building for cash or respect, 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't hit it if I can't see its current level.

jinqs
04-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I can't believe how many people are recommending upgrading things to level 10.

Upgrading your laundromat from level 9 to level 10 costs a theoretical total of $101,002 for a Tycoon player. This is the $10,102 upgrade cost plus 60 hours of not collecting level 9 income from the building. Furthermore the 60 hours of upgrading increases your theoretical income per hour by $550 for a total of $9.17/hr per hour spent upgrading.

Do any of those stats sound desirable to a new play with no more than $5k or $6k income?

What to build is DEAD SIMPLE at the start of the game. You always want to build the upgrade that gives you the highest $/hr per upgrade hour gain that you can afford. I've been playing for 4 days and I'm at $5,851/hr. Upgrading your laundromat to level 10 will take 7 days and give you a total theoretical income of $2,065/hr.

Furthermore, as other people have pointed out, the theoretical output the laundromat gives you is much lower than it's actual output since you will never come close to collecting 12 times an hour. It's much easier to actually realize the potential gain with higher payout buildings.

murf
04-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Upgrading your laundromat from level 9 to level 10 costs a theoretical total of $101,002 for a Tycoon player. This is the $10,102 upgrade cost plus 60 hours of not collecting level 9 income from the building. Furthermore the 60 hours of upgrading increases your theoretical income per hour by $550 for a total of $9.17/hr per hour spent upgrading.

Do any of those stats sound desirable to a new play with no more than $5k or $6k income?

What to build is DEAD SIMPLE at the start of the game. You always want to build the upgrade that gives you the highest $/hr per upgrade hour gain that you can afford. I've been playing for 4 days and I'm at $5,851/hr. Upgrading your laundromat to level 10 will take 7 days and give you a total theoretical income of $2,065/hr.

Furthermore, as other people have pointed out, the theoretical output the laundromat gives you is much lower than it's actual output since you will never come close to collecting 12 times an hour. It's much easier to actually realize the potential gain with higher payout buildings.

It's very simple to see what all these numbers mean. When I analyze my upgrades I look at total cost (Upgrade Cost + Lost Income) and I use an adjusted Collection Time, based on how often I expect to collect from a certain building. I then have a formula that weights short term (ROI) and long term ($$/Hr) income growth. This formula takes into account my current income. So that early on I focus more on high ROI, and later on High $$/Hr.

I never look at $$/Hr/Upgrade Hour, because my view is I still need to save money for the next upgrade, my next build, my next expansion, etc. So, I don't consider long upgrade times a bad thing. The long upgrades do impact my Total Cost, because I end up having more lost income, that's the only negative I apply to longer upgrade times.

I don't remember exactly, but I think I upgraded my Landromats to level 5-6 immediately, then when I needed time to save for better upgrades (Italians, MT, Lofts, etc) I moved them to L10. I am 1 day away from going over $600k/hr and I still have them, because under my true adj $$/hr, they are still great given their tiny footprint.

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
I would recommend getting Laundromats to 10 as a priority as they provide fast cash at lower levels. The other low level buildings are your choice. If you consider a House low level, I would do that. :)

duelblade
04-19-2012, 02:38 PM

as of right now I've been using all my income to purchase weapons since I screwed myself over and followed the story line and leveled myself way to high and its taken me 2 months of camping to get my economy to cover shot guns and swat helmets. since im investing almost all of my income into equipment it doesn't leave any money left over for high level upgrades making long cheap upgrades ideal even if it isn't a game changer for my economy.

also I would rather do a cheap long upgrade while saving up for a expensive building then do short expensive upgrades and not be able to afford the next high level building. so really its a delicate balance if you ask me.

*edit* although I'm also on the fence about laundromats although good i think you would be better off grabbing two ice cream shops, two pizza parlors, two Italian diners, and two souvenir shops, since you can quickly sync them and altar upgrading till your bringing in money which on my second account has allowed me to buy high level buildings very quickly.

jinqs
04-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I never look at $$/Hr/Upgrade Hour, because my view is I still need to save money for the next upgrade, my next build, my next expansion, etc. So, I don't consider long upgrade times a bad thing.

The difference isn't just long vs. short expansion times. You only have a single upgrade, so the upgrade with the highest $/h^2 is literally the fastest that you can possibly grow your economy. Period.

Of course you have to look at what you will upgrade next, consider buying weapons etc. When I say "best you can afford" I mean taking those factors into account. I would never spend all my money on an upgrade that will be done before I can make any more. When that happens though, that's when you can switch to ROI and/or just look down the $/hr^2 list for something you can afford in the meantime to get yourself back on track for the big upgrade.

Bear in mind, I have no experience at high or even mid level. I've been playing for 4 days and my entire goal so far has been to build my economy as rapidly as possible and have enough att/def to be able to no bank with very little risk. So far I haven't been having a hard time building the big ticket items at all.

jinqs
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
as of right now I've been using all my income to purchase weapons since I screwed myself over and followed the story line and leveled myself way to high and its taken me 2 months of camping to get my economy to cover shot guns and swat helmets. since im investing almost all of my income into equipment it doesn't leave any money left over for high level upgrades making long cheap upgrades ideal even if it isn't a game changer for my economy.

Well that makes sense. All I'm saying is that $/hr^2 is always the best thing, so long as it is economically feasible. For you, right now it clearly isn't.

also I would rather do a cheap long upgrade while saving up for a expensive building then do short expensive upgrades and not be able to afford the next high level building. so really its a delicate balance if you ask me.

I'm not advocating getting a big ticket item and not being able to afford something to follow it at all.

*edit* although I'm also on the fence about laundromats although good i think you would be better off grabbing two ice cream shops, two pizza parlors, two Italian diners, and two souvenir shops, since you can quickly sync them and altar upgrading till your bringing in money which on my second account has allowed me to buy high level buildings very quickly.

The question about laundromats is just one of how often you're on. If you're own enough to collect several times an hour for most of your waking hours, they are a HUGE source of income. If you're only once or twice an hour at most, they are a waste.

murf
04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
The difference isn't just long vs. short expansion times. You only have a single upgrade, so the upgrade with the highest $/h^2 is literally the fastest that you can possibly grow your economy. Period.

Of course you have to look at what you will upgrade next, consider buying weapons etc. When I say "best you can afford" I mean taking those factors into account. I would never spend all my money on an upgrade that will be done before I can make any more. When that happens though, that's when you can switch to ROI and/or just look down the $/hr^2 list for something you can afford in the meantime to get yourself back on track for the big upgrade.

Bear in mind, I have no experience at high or even mid level. I've been playing for 4 days and my entire goal so far has been to build my economy as rapidly as possible and have enough att/def to be able to no bank with very little risk. So far I haven't been having a hard time building the big ticket items at all.

Yes, you only have a single upgrade, but if I have 2 choices and one has a high $$/hr and long upgrade time, while the other has a med $$/hr and short upgrade time, you are saying if $$/hr^2 is higher on the shorter one, you would choose that. And I'm saying, I would always choose the longer one (assuming similar relative costs). At the end of the longer upgrade, I would be able to do another high-end upgrade, rather than doing med upgrades over and over. I believe that is the ultimate way to get a high-end economy.

Also, this approach ($$/hr^2) never talks about the cost of the upgrade (both actual cost & lost income). How can you compare investments without discussing cost only revenue?

jinqs
04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
All I know is that early game (first 4 days) I've been able to almost always be building the top $/hr^2 building. If not, I've been able to build something in the top 5 and get back to the "big one" immediately after. At night when I go to bed, I pick a longer term one with a decent $/hr^2 (and/or ROI). I find it very hard to believe that I could have had a higher average $/hr^2 with your slow burn approach given how frequently I've been able to make optimal upgrade.

I've been playing for 4 days, I have an income of $6,501/hr (only $2,904 of which is from my lvl 6 laundromats). I'm pretty sure this is really good...

I'm currently building the highest $/hr^2 upgrade (italian lvl 4 - $20,958), I'm sitting on over $50k in cash, have an untouchable defence for my bracket and enough attack to farm people.

Maybe once I get a bit higher, the rapid growth, huge investments approach will not continue to work. But at the very start of the game, I have no doubt that it gets you a solid economy the fastest.

Bala82
04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
have an untouchable defence for my bracket and enough attack to farm people.

Do you mind tell us attack/defence and level ?

so i can see what you consider untouchable ?

jinqs
04-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Do you mind tell us attack/defence and level ?

so i can see what you consider untouchable ?
It's 510/696. In my currently level/mafia bracket, I literally have not been able to find anyone that could crack my D with their stats.

edit: The *vast* majority of people in my rivals list are 300/300. I occasionally see one with 600-900 def, but never anyone with more than 500ish attack and rarely even that high.

Bala82
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
WOW i agree most people are just use weapons loot in the task instead purchase them from menu.

696 does seem quite high but are any of your attack/defence item- gold items ?

jinqs
04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
WOW i agree most people are just use weapons loot in the task instead purchase them from menu.

696 does seem quite high but are any of your attack/defence item- gold items ?
Nope. I have 8 Tommy Guns and 4 Combat Boots. I also have the Titanium Guard (11/32 armor) and Cuban Special (13/11 gun) from the event that's going on. The rest is item I've bought with cash/farmed from missions.

Bala82
04-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Your lucky i am android user so i don't receive those benefits.

murf
04-20-2012, 11:58 AM
All I know is that early game (first 4 days) I've been able to almost always be building the top $/hr^2 building. If not, I've been able to build something in the top 5 and get back to the "big one" immediately after. At night when I go to bed, I pick a longer term one with a decent $/hr^2 (and/or ROI). I find it very hard to believe that I could have had a higher average $/hr^2 with your slow burn approach given how frequently I've been able to make optimal upgrade.

I've been playing for 4 days, I have an income of $6,501/hr (only $2,904 of which is from my lvl 6 laundromats). I'm pretty sure this is really good...

I'm currently building the highest $/hr^2 upgrade (italian lvl 4 - $20,958), I'm sitting on over $50k in cash, have an untouchable defence for my bracket and enough attack to farm people.

Maybe once I get a bit higher, the rapid growth, huge investments approach will not continue to work. But at the very start of the game, I have no doubt that it gets you a solid economy the fastest.

Ok, but I would just be cautious in trying to apply what works at the very early stages of this game to the game overall and advising people along those lines. When you get to where new buildings cost $5m+, expansions cost $10m+ and upgrades all cost over $1m, I don't find that method at all the most efficient.

At the very least, I do think you need to somehow incorporate the most basic of investment concepts, upfront cost, which $/hr^2 obviously ignores.

jinqs
04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Ok, but I would just be cautious in trying to apply what works at the very early stages of this game to the game overall and advising people along those lines. When you get to where new buildings cost $5m+, expansions cost $10m+ and upgrades all cost over $1m, I don't find that method at all the most efficient.

At the very least, I do think you need to somehow incorporate the most basic of investment concepts, upfront cost, which $/hr^2 obviously ignores.
Everything I said was about extreme early game. :)

I'm sure you're right and I fully intend to continue weighing all variables as I progress. Incidentally, you keep accusing me of not understanding the costs and only discussing revenue. I do understand cost. See this thread (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24798-Wrong-ROI-in-Money-Buildings-spreadsheet).

flop
04-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Usually when you hit the point where your low lvl buildings dont add enough income per upgrade relative to time the movie theatre should be the next best step.

Bala82
05-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I just finished the building goal of 35 buildings and now my hood so cluttered.

I decided to upgrade all my 3 hour buildings first to level 10 than move to the 6 hours buildings and rest until it's not worth while :). I always use shortest upgrade based on what i can afford.

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 07:40 AM
yes I was resetting 1 level 10 house and 1 level 3 movie theater.

I had both their number hidden by trees and within two hours my movie theater was hit and robbed however my house sat for 8 hours until it was synced and did not get hit once.

(movie theater is 20k but the house was 29k so my house would have paid better)

generally unless its good building for cash or respect, 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't hit it if I can't see its current level.

But you know that the trees don't appear for everyone - right. I have trees but when if you are using HD you won't be able to see them in my hood........

cookie monster
05-04-2012, 08:17 AM
At low levels, those are just robbery targets. I peeled 65K off of someone last night b/c they developed well past their ability to defend.

tempt
05-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Trees actually are really effective (unfortunately) in Android CC. Unlike iOS CC, you really can't click on things that are "behind" trees and towers.

Bala82
05-04-2012, 08:23 AM
At low levels, those are just robbery targets. I peeled 65K off of someone last night b/c they developed well past their ability to defend.

This is the thing how do you know when that happens ?

frenda
05-04-2012, 08:36 AM
This is the thing how do you know when that happens ?

I agree with CM. When you stop getting beat up every night and robbed, then you have enough defense. If you wake up and your comments area is all red, that's BAD! Camp for a while, develop your economy to afford higher quality defense, then, and only then, start leveling again and doing thug life or HH.

Bala82
05-04-2012, 08:56 AM
I only get one red every few days majority are all green so that's good :)

duelblade
05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
But you know that the trees don't appear for everyone - right. I have trees but when if you are using HD you won't be able to see them in my hood........

no I did not know that but thanks for telling me, although they may not be as effective then they're are still many people who do not play in hd for various reasons so I still think trees are worthwhile.

duelblade
05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I just finished the building goal of 35 buildings and now my hood so cluttered.

I decided to upgrade all my 3 hour buildings first to level 10 than move to the 6 hours buildings and rest until it's not worth while :). I always use shortest upgrade based on what i can afford.

for 3 hours speaking from experience I would go like this for early buildings ice cream shops, Italian restaurant, Souvenir Store, then pizza shop

also don't go 10 to 10 to 10 make sure you upgrade equally otherwise you will not be making money from buildings you are constantly upgrading.

Bala82
05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks i usually upgrade by different buildings by 1 based on which one less upgrade time but it's getting harder :( most upgrade time are now between 6-24 hours.

duelblade
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks i usually upgrade by different buildings by 1 based on which one less upgrade time but it's getting harder :( most upgrade time are now between 6-24 hours.

just you wait most low level buildings after level 8 upgrade take 48+ hours to upgrade

murf
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I agree with CM. When you stop getting beat up every night and robbed, then you have enough defense. If you wake up and your comments area is all red, that's BAD! Camp for a while, develop your economy to afford higher quality defense, then, and only then, start leveling again and doing thug life or HH.

Yes, but this will only work so far...at the lower levels this is fine, but when you start getting to level 60+, and definitely 100+, there is no in-game cash or RP purchases that will defend you against robberies. If you have good buildings left uncollected, they will get robbed. As you progress, it gets exponentially harder to have a 2x defense vs other's attack. At some point, either you have to decide to camp forever or accept robberies as a way of life.

Being able to no-bank probably can work even at 100+ if you very patient with your crawling strategy...I think Nicholost might be the furthest along with no-banking, not sure what level he's at.

Bala82
05-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Well you could spend money as you collect it to reduce the amount of money you have walking about .

murf
05-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Well you could spend money as you collect it to reduce the amount of money you have walking about .

The walking around money isn't the problem as defending against attacks is doable for a long time (and you don't want to spend it all immediately, you need to save for your large build/upgrades)....it's the robbery that's impossible to defend when you get to some level...

frenda
05-04-2012, 11:34 AM
There are plenty of gold players at every level, so I don't agree with that at all. As long as you can hold your own at each level, you're doing fine.

And you can avoid robberies very easily, collect your buildings on time. And if you have to, get rid of 3 and 6 hour buildings so they don't get robbed, or just accept the robbery and still collect 40% every night. I don't even bother robbing most 3 or 6 hour buildings.

I don't think you need a 2x defense either. And you will get beat at some point, there will always be someone stronger, so just play the game and enjoy it.

murf
05-04-2012, 11:38 AM
There are plenty of gold players at every level, so I don't agree with that at all. As long as you can hold your own at each level, you're doing fine.

And you can avoid robberies very easily, collect your buildings on time. And if you have to, get rid of 3 and 6 hour buildings so they don't get robbed, or just accept the robbery and still collect 40% every night. I don't even bother robbing most 3 or 6 hour buildings.

I don't think you need a 2x defense either. And you will get beat at some point, there will always be someone stronger, so just play the game and enjoy it.

I was replying to this post you made earlier:

When you stop getting beat up every night and robbed, then you have enough defense. If you wake up and your comments area is all red, that's BAD!

I'm saying that it's impossible to stop getting beat up every night, unless to set an alarm clock to collect your 3hrs or sell them....

frenda
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes, but this will only work so far...at the lower levels this is fine, but when you start getting to level 60+, and definitely 100+, there is no in-game cash or RP purchases that will defend you against robberies. If you have good buildings left uncollected, they will get robbed. As you progress, it gets exponentially harder to have a 2x defense vs other's attack. At some point, either you have to decide to camp forever or accept robberies as a way of life.

Being able to no-bank probably can work even at 100+ if you very patient with your crawling strategy...I think Nicholost might be the furthest along with no-banking, not sure what level he's at.

I'm level 97 and hold my own very easily. I got robbed about a week ago, and I hit back hard enough that he didn't come back. I collect on time, so there's no lucrative targets sitting around for very long, and my stats and def # scares off most would-be attackers and robbers.

No bank is okay, but 10% is small price to pay for peace of mind.

buddylee
05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Sorry, getting into this discussion late. I would agree with the ice cream shops, Italian Restaurants. If you have extra gold don't waste it on Sushi shops. Bad investment. I'm at level 65 and I'm starting to wonder if the 3/6/8 hr buildings are worth keeping and considering upgrading to larger ones, but I'll keep them for now. I also set a timer for my 12 and 24 hor ones. My Ice Cream, Italian, and Houses are all at level 10. Right now, I'm working on my dominicans, brownstones, and beach front inns. I started camping at a later level though.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 12:32 PM

25% of the collections is 72 LM collections a day (tough, but possible, yes). That equals out to $59,472 daily. I think that is WELL worth it for us LLPs. Together, the LMs only take up 32 squares of your hood. That is nothing... (we start off with 400 squares in our hood before the 1st expansion)

I agree with him on this tho, much more costly then they are worth, plus takes forever to get to 10.

Bala82
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I pefer the 3 and 6 hour buildings but the problem with android version if you collect exit the game afterwards the timer doesn't continue so you come back couple hour later it start the time from the moment you have collected. Really annoyed :(.

Upgrading most of my buildings are now taking 24 hours which mean i can only upgrade one building per day :(.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I pefer the 3 and 6 hour buildings but the problem with android version if you collect exit the game afterwards the timer doesn't continue so you come back couple hour later it start the time from the moment you have collected. Really annoyed :(.

Upgrading most of my buildings are now taking 24 hours which mean i can only upgrade one building per day :(.

thats pretty short, lol. All of mine are like 40+ lol.

Except for the T-shirt stands. I had enough money to pay for my next big upgrade so i spent on that. I only have 550k right now so once the Empire Theater finishes leveling to 7, I will upgrade the t-shirt stand again.

Bala82
05-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Well i used able upgrade most of my buildings every couple of hours so this is new experience for me.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Well i used able upgrade most of my buildings every couple of hours so this is new experience for me.

post your stats. I started building my 2nd loft again so i already deleted everyone from my mafia to prevent leveling, forgot to check out your hood when I added requests. I want to see your progress

Bala82
05-06-2012, 01:01 PM
My Stats - ok let see

Level 25 ( Yes i level quite fast last weeks but sticking at this level until i get most of my buildings to level 6 )

Attack 786
Defence 1150 working on get to 1300
Fights Won 641
Fight lost 60
Robberies won 355
Robberies lost 10

Attack 24
Defence 24
Energy 270
Stamina 10

On the whole i am getting hang on this games most my lost were newbie mistake at the early stage.

Right now upgrading low level buildings

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 01:17 PM
What about your economy? I know more about that then the other topics. Curious about your progress in that. if its not TOO much of a hassle, could you list your income and buildings (x1 or 2) and their levels?

Here's mine (so you don't feel like you are doing all the typing, haha)

Laundrymats........10/10
Pizzas.................4/4
Ice Creams..........8/9
Basketballs..........7/7
Italian's...............6/6
T-shirt Stands.......3/3
Empires...............6/(upgrading to 7)
Barber Shops........5/5
Movie T's.............4/4
Lofts...................1/(building 2nd)

Bala82
05-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Man my ones ridiculous if going take me ages LOL

Laundrymats 8, 6
Pizzas 5,2
Ice Creams 5
Italian's 3, 1 ( will upgrade these this week)
T-shirt Stands 4, 2
Gun shop 4
Warehouse 3 (Goal building)
Movie T's 1
House 6, 3
Chinese 2
Pawn 5
Tattoo parlor 5
Fish Store 2 (Goal building)
Barber 5
Gas station 5
Deli 5
Souvenir store 6
Bagal Shop 1
Dinner 5

Currently building meat factory ( Goal building)

Please also see this topic ( discussing 2 buildings are better than one)
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25324-Low-Level-Discussion-%28-Under-level-25%29/page5

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Alright, cool cool. I still don't know your current income. Though, I will try with the info given to give you a tip.

QUICK QUESTION: If you only have ONE ice cream shop (level 6) then get the other with tapjoy and get that to lvl 6 as well.

Your Italians are way too low to be worth much. This building has extraordinary potential. Get them to level 6 ASAP. If you don't have enough money, then upgrade a Laundrymat to save up for the next upgrade. Once you have those to level 6, save up for your first Movie Theater purchase (need 50 mafia) While saving up, keep upgrading those Laundrymats back and forth to ten. Then yet again save up for 2nd MT. Once you have these, upgrade Laundrymats to level 10 if not finished yet while saving up for MT level 2. Once LMs are done, move onto the Icecream shops.

Follow this and your income will increase fast, as will your money coming in

Bala82
05-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Movie T's 1

I already have Movie Theater :), I am happy with one can't afford the upgrade

I used tapjoy to get the first ice cream one

EDIT

I will take your advice and i am earning 8,330 per hour according my profile working on getting it to 10,000 per hour

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 01:46 PM
I already have Movie Theater :)

I used tapjoy to get the first ice cream one

oh sh!t, sorry skimmed over that. Ok, carry on with my last post as intended, but now your 140k further than i thought(:

Bala82
05-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Well after i got my Italian's restrant i decided go for MT and got it two weeks ago now trrying upgrade my building so i get a loft

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Well after i got my Italian's restrant i decided go for MT and got it two weeks ago now trrying upgrade my building so i get a loft

don't worry about lofts yet. You income is too low for that to be a good investment. Get your MT's to level 4 before Lofts.

EDIT: quit buying only ONE building of each type. Some are worth never buying and others are worth a lot, sooo, buy TWO of them

Bala82
05-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah i know i got rid off my Arcade and clothing store because they were bad investments

I will start two better ones planning another fish store and bagal store because they are nice buildings and income quite good for upgrades.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah i know i got rid off my Arcade and clothing store because they were bad investments

I will start two better ones planning another fish store and bagal store because they are nice buildings and income quite good for upgrades.

I think the arcade would have been better to keep (selling maybe some others if needed space) selling arcade later on

Bala82
05-06-2012, 02:03 PM
the upgrade wasn't worth it

fuzzy
05-06-2012, 02:03 PM

Fish Store did you not read the other thread........

House Level 6 Every 24 Hours = $8,712 Total Upgrade Cost $33,970

Fish Store LeveL 5 Every 24 Hours = $7,392 Total Upgrade Cost $238,838

Bala82
05-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Well i already have 2 houses so Fish store would be bonus income

ShawnBB
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Fish Store did you not read the other thread........

House Level 6 Every 24 Hours = $8,712 Total Upgrade Cost $33,970

Fish Store LeveL 5 Every 24 Hours = $7,392 Total Upgrade Cost $238,838

Haha, fuzzy. No matter how hard you try to pull player to a right way with data, they will get fish store anyway.

Bala,its not wrong to build one. Its not space taking, sure go ahead build it. But please don't let fish store go further to take the precious time and money on upgrading. It has a very poor upgrading value.

Bala82
05-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Haha, fuzzy. No matter how hard you try to pull player to a right way with data, they will get fish store anyway.

Bala,its not wrong to build one. Its not space taking, sure go ahead build it. But please don't let fish store go further to take the precious time and money on upgrading. It has a very poor upgrading value.

That's not a problem i only upgrade until i think it's not worth while :)

I know which one i will focus on like Italian restaurant and Houses :)

Feng1234
05-07-2012, 04:24 AM
My question is whether your money collection is as good as the income your building generates? I think this game is one of endurance so focusing on the long term goals are important. If you can't collect every 3 hours or think this will quickly kill your interest in the game, then perhaps it's better to focus on buildings with 8, 12, 24 or even 48 collection times. Hate for this game to become a chore...

Bala82
05-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Yes the only time i can't collect my money is when i am sleeping or when my internet goes down other than that i am very good with collection since i been unemployed for 6 months but when i do get a job it become a bit more challenging to collect the money.:(.

CounterSniper
05-07-2012, 04:29 AM
My question is whether your money collection is as good as the income your building generates? I think this game is one of endurance so focusing on the long term goals are important. If you can't collect every 3 hours or think this will quickly kill your interest in the game, then perhaps it's better to focus on buildings with 8, 12, 24 or even 48 collection times. Hate for this game to become a chore...

I did that long ago. I only have 12, 24 & 48 hour buildings.

Much less stressful & a much more realistic hourly income displayed without the false inflation provided by LM's & others like that.

Feng1234
05-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Funzio must have gone on holidays and forgot about us. Where's the ban hammer?

Bala82
05-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I have decided go upto level 6 on most buildings unless told otherwise by Goals.

I know people don't like following goals because experience but when you get to a stage where your happy about your hood why not level up. :)

I do Maps and am enjoying them what even better i learnt to do the map on my own without following the goals. I only look for one hidden loot and do them. I just hate ones 6 or 8 times to get rewards.