PDA

View Full Version : Arghhhhh, my wife is ruining my criminal empire!

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 06:27 AM
So I have been continually refreshing my rivals list for the past 2 days looking for some chump that posted crap on my wall about eating my children. I know, so Tyson circa 1999. I remember I have taken alot of money and farmed respect from him in the past so I figured he is somewhere around my level and was just responding to an old comment from the past rather randomly. Anyway, I JUST found him 20 minutes ago and as soon as I enter his hood, the screen changes to "Wifey Calling". Damn it. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened, ALWAYS in the middle of huge robberies or upgrades etc. I really wish that the game would save progress so that when you come back it hasn't re-set to your hood. And it wasn't like she was calling to tell me how awesome she thought I was, she was b!tching about whether I changed the water filter in the fridge. Of course I changed the god damned water filter, now let me get back to my revenge! Oh well, back to refreshing. Hopefully once I find him and beat him up some he will be dumb enough to attack back, then I can farm respect from him again for the next week without having to look for him. :)

frenda
04-19-2012, 06:29 AM
ROFLMAO... this made my day. for all you single people out there, read and heed!!! ;)

AppleMacGuy
04-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Anyway, I JUST found him 20 minutes ago and as soon as I enter his hood, the screen changes to "Wifey Calling". Damn it.

Do you need a training course in how to use the 'Decline' call button on your phone? :p

Anyway, funny you mention this but the missus called me too today about 1 minute before my NCs were due for collection. It was a good opportunity to test out the 'Decline' call button...I can report that it worked as expected and I called her back a minute laters. Consider that the end of the training course! :p

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Thats epic!,

Is there any way to turn off calls while handling important business?

Update - I guess AMG figured it out. :cool:

Whip88
04-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Your not the only one upsman, I get the water filter jug yelling also and not only that when I log in I get told to get my head out of my I phone, then she will start naming things around the house I haven't Done due to playing so much CC.

I do play to much CC.

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 06:43 AM
On the bright side, at least yu have fresh water.

Good read. I el-oh-el-ed. :)

jmeijer
04-19-2012, 06:52 AM
+1

I know your problem, my girlfriend has a thing for calling me at the wrong time. Like when I want to collect over a million at once. And the phone call takes always more than an hour.

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 06:57 AM
My husband was hooked on CC from the time he downloaded it - I couldn't figure out the addiction till I started playing it and now we are BOTH hooked...................lol

Maybe that's your answer!!

Vile Lynn
04-19-2012, 06:58 AM
lol, happens to me, too... My husband calls it, "game blocking!" when he calls for no reason.
He thinks it is soooooo funny. I don't. This is serious business! lol! Yeah, riight!

(I tried to get him hooked on CC but sorta ended up with a camper account on his phone... I'm still working on him.)

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 06:58 AM
My husband was hooked on CC from the time he downloaded it - I couldn't figure out the addiction till I started playing it and now we are BOTH hooked...................lol

Maybe that's your answer!!

Are you and your hubby mobbed up or do you rob each other when the other isnt looking?

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Do you need a training course in how to use the 'Decline' call button on your phone? :p

Anyway, funny you mention this but the missus called me too today about 1 minute before my NCs were due for collection. It was a good opportunity to test out the 'Decline' call button...I can report that it worked as expected and I called her back a minute laters. Consider that the end of the training course! :p

*Faceslap* How could I be so simple and not have thought of that? Of course...."DECLINE"....It's not like I havent used it before in other circumstances. Lesson learned, thank you AMG.

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Your not the only one upsman, I get the water filter jug yelling also and not only that when I log in I get told to get my head out of my I phone, then she will start naming things around the house I haven't Done due to playing so much CC.

I do play to much CC.

I got yelled at 2 days ago for multi-tasking. I was collecting my 12/24's while on the ride-on mower. Of course the yelling started AFTER I ran over the new Hosta she had just planted last week. I tried to defuse the situation by assuring her that by collecting on-time it would allow me to upgrade one of "our" lofts to Level 4. Her response can not be printed on the forums.

Ghost818
04-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah when you get a call and are in the middle of a robbery with huge cash, just decline.

AppleMacGuy
04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
*Faceslap* How could I be so simple and not have thought of that? Of course...."DECLINE"....It's not like I havent used it before in other circumstances. Lesson learned, thank you AMG.

LOL...hey, if you need to to take the "Self-Defence 101" class after your good lady kicks you in the crown jewels for not taking her call let me know :p Alternatively, how to deal with torrents of verbal can be addressed by my "Assertiveness 101" class :p

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Are you and your hubby mobbed up or do you rob each other when the other isnt looking?

we were at first but I decided that when I was synching it would be a good idea to let him rob me - but then we lost each other on the walls - and now he's not on my rivals list because I am levelling faster - so not sure what we will do now.........probably join forces at some point...

he gets me to beat people up for him sometimes.............lol

sexkitteh
04-19-2012, 07:44 AM
At least it's not an X calling... that would make things a little worse...

BTW! I think Android has a less chance of doing that to you. I have an android and I'm always multitasking with txt msgs and what not and I USUALLY don't loose my page. There is the occasional time where I go back and I'm somehow back in my hood...

mnju_03
04-19-2012, 07:51 AM
I got yelled at 2 days ago for multi-tasking. I was collecting my 12/24's while on the ride-on mower. Of course the yelling started AFTER I ran over the new Hosta she had just planted last week. I tried to defuse the situation by assuring her that by collecting on-time it would allow me to upgrade one of "our" lofts to Level 4. Her response can not be printed on the forums.

This is epic.

Swearengen
04-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Funny as hell! One of the best threads ever on the forum!

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Funny as hell! One of the best threads ever on the forum!

Yeah, the forum needed this one. Helps turn the forum's :( to :).

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 08:12 AM

Hosta's are very hardy you know - did you try replanting it......lol........:D

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Hosta's are very hardy you know - did you try replanting it......lol........:D

Eh, I know, we usually split them every year so they don't get too big (usually not with a mower though).....let her handle it. We both play our parts. She is the nurturer, and I am the destroyer of all things good.

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Eh, I know, we usually split them every year so they don't get too big (usually not with a mower though).....let her handle it. We both play our parts. She is the nurturer, and I am the destroyer of all things good.

Too funny!

Well you look like you make a cute couple...........from your pic!

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Too funny!

Well you look like you make a cute couple...........from your pic!

Thank you! :) That pic was taken in the Bahamas while we were being yelled at by the jetski's owner for sitting on his "ride". Hence, my wife's sh!t-eating grin.

upsman_17
04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
*UPDATE*

Found him, beat him, posted on his wall to bait him to attack me further and he has taken the bait. Let the games begin. I will relentlessly farm respect from him until he comes off my news feed. Too bad he doesn't have any big money buildings, I guess clothing stores and meat factories and various hardcore hitman etc goals will have to do. :)

frenda
04-19-2012, 11:57 AM

I do play to much CC.

Your wife must be my sister-in-law!!! Does your wife have a sister that's married to me? LOL...

frenda
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM

ROFLMAO!!! literally! and that's an epic fail. i only laugh because i'm guilty of similar "crimes against humanity" (according to her).