PDA

View Full Version : What can be done in 3 weeks!

Polarbear
04-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Three weeks ago...

After an agonizing time building the economy, I had finally pulled down the tent and put of the fire =D

These were my stats:
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p503/Polar2Bear/IMG_0055.png

In the following weeks:
Spent a mnju03 comparable amount of gold
Spent 140k of respect
No-Banked all the way!
Got second NC out
Attacked like no tomorrow!

And now Today:
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p503/Polar2Bear/IMG_0068.png

Yeah i know i didn't break 50k stat/500k income mark, but give it one more week!
Props to all forum contributors, info was invaluable!

:D Just felt like sharing *cough bul#$% SHOWING OFF* info :D

otto
04-19-2012, 06:16 AM
you lost 9 fights...

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 06:18 AM
you lost 9 fights...

Thats pretty amazing. Great work.

Can I be in your mob? :cool:

frenda
04-19-2012, 06:26 AM
you lost 9 fights...

LOL that's funny.

I'd be even more impressed if you had achieved that without spending gold, or only with Tapjoy gold, but still, pretty impressive.

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Well done! Look at that economy increase.

In the following weeks:
No-Banked all the way!
This especially made me smile. IMO, if you can no-bank, you are winning.

Polarbear
04-19-2012, 06:32 AM
you lost 9 fights...

Yes... unfortunately someone ran off with 270k, before i bought 160 chainwhips and explosives.

Fricco
04-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Very nice work,
almost doubling the econ in that amount of time is ridiculous.

jinqs
04-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Yes... unfortunately someone ran off with 270k, before i bought 160 chainwhips and explosives.
That's okay, the bank wanted $2.4M, so you came out ahead. :)

xclusiv
04-19-2012, 06:58 AM
these numbers with explosives? for like 1 and half million get 500 stun grenade to get your def in 50k

jmeijer
04-19-2012, 06:59 AM
IMO, if you can no-bank, you are winning.I don't know if I should no-bank. I haven't been attacked successfully for a week, but I've seen people with better stats than me. Don't know if they can see me in their rivals list, because I dropped to 260 mafia to increase my ATT/DEF per mafia member.

kaz
04-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Polarbear, both of your nightclubs are level 1?
Your stats are amazing for your level. How much gold we're talking about?

Luke 3457
04-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Wow pretty amazing !

Swifty
04-19-2012, 07:06 AM
@xclusiv

That is an interesting idea on the explosives. I have no defense explosives because I get attacked so much that it seemed like too big a drain on my economy.

Has anyone every worked out a formula on this? Like "if you lose more than x% of your economy per day in explosives, then don't do it" or something similar?

Polarbear
04-19-2012, 07:17 AM
these numbers with explosives? for like 1 and half million get 500 stun grenade to get your def in 50k

Yup I have more than 1k stun grenades as a safety net (sorta feels like a waste now), and slowly replacing with landmines.

Polarbear, both of your nightclubs are level 1?
Your stats are amazing for your level. How much gold we're talking about?

One is lvl 2, second is currently building as I save up for its upgrade.
Gold hmm... Probs bout 5000 in last 3 weeks. Wasted quite a bit on dice to no avail, disappointed...
Rest on gold buildings then on crates to get that CHOPPAH!

kaz
04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Wow, that's really awesome!
There's a specific item that you farmed or bought with cash that helped you get your stas this high? I’m few levels behind you, yet you have more than double of my stas! I’ll be glad to get an advice or two from you :)

Babytway
04-19-2012, 07:24 AM
with all the robbing i do i can never no bank if i have 1k on me they trying to take it back

xclusiv
04-19-2012, 07:37 AM
with all the robbing i do i can never no bank if i have 1k on me they trying to take it back

do you ever do the tl goals? dont you find robbing so much to time consuming?

Polarbear
04-19-2012, 07:43 AM
@swifty

I would only recommend explosives if your sitting at the top 10% of your bracket. Otherwise I feel it is a waste.
Logic is that an average player with explosives may stop a few weaker players from robbing/attacking them. But what they are unable to take, will just feed more to the stronger players. However if your sitting near the peak of the food chain, the importance of explosives is huge. As players max out their inventories with m4s, whips, uwv etc. their stats all become relatively similar 50-60k?(excluding RL addicted millionaires). So to get an extra edge to make it to the top1%, a high economy is required to sustain the explosives. Obviously you will still lose a bit in the top 1%, but the probability of someone stronger finding your hood is much lower than if you were a middle tier player. Thus, I believe explosives are only suited for high incomes and stats...

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 07:56 AM
@swifty

I would only recommend explosives if your sitting at the top 10% of your bracket. Otherwise I feel it is a waste.
Logic is that an average player with explosives may stop a few weaker players from robbing/attacking them. But what they are unable to take, will just feed more to the stronger players. However if your sitting near the peak of the food chain, the importance of explosives is huge. As players max out their inventories with m4s, whips, uwv etc. their stats all become relatively similar 50-60k?(excluding RL addicted millionaires). So to get an extra edge to make it to the top1%, a high economy is required to sustain the explosives. Obviously you will still lose a bit in the top 1%, but the probability of someone stronger finding your hood is much lower than if you were a middle tier player. Thus, I believe explosives are only suited for high incomes and stats...

Thats interesting cuz I've been vacillating on the explosives dilemma.

I'm currently lvl 129 ....33452A/37413D ......20378 fights W/112 L........11029 robs W/45 L ....124k p/h

I have started to get pinched just a little here and there but was seriously considering not replacing explosives as they burnt from here on out. I just assumed that no matter what, once i get above lvl 142 I'm fish bait for the RL millionaire players. Now I'm in a deeper quandary. Any additional thoughts.

Polarbear
04-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Wow, that's really awesome!
There's a specific item that you farmed or bought with cash that helped you get your stas this high? I’m few levels behind you, yet you have more than double of my stas! I’ll be glad to get an advice or two from you :)

Thanks

I'm lining mafia with tasers and FBI shields since the stolen 270k outbreak. I don't know what you may lack equipment wise, but I have bought 200 steel garrotes, 200 Cameros which although now have nearly all been replaced. I have the iPad hd version, so was lucky to have multiclicks b4, and following Tramps info accrued quite a few m4s, dds, chokers and since the nerf went for crimson shotguns (had only 337 m4s), uwv and now the new boss loots.

mnju_03
04-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Lmfao! Woooow....

Nicholost
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't know if I should no-bank. I haven't been attacked successfully for a week, but I've seen people with better stats than me. Don't know if they can see me in their rivals list, because I dropped to 260 mafia to increase my ATT/DEF per mafia member.

Not everyone can pull it off. If you can, it proves you are at the top of your bracket. If you are at the top of your bracket, you are winning. That's my logic.

Check out my Bracketing Hypothesis thread in my sig. It might help answer your question about visibility. Just because you can see rivals, it does not mean they can see you.

Polarbear
04-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Thats interesting cuz I've been vacillating on the explosives dilemma.

I'm currently lvl 129 ....33452A/37413D ......20378 fights W/112 L........11029 robs W/45 L ....124k p/h

I have started to get pinched just a little here and there but was seriously considering not replacing explosives as they burnt from here on out. I just assumed that no matter what, once i get above lvl 142 I'm fish bait for the RL millionaire players. Now I'm in a deeper quandary. Any additional thoughts.

I wouldn't be sure about rivals around your level, but judging from your impressive wins and losses, I would use explosives. Time bombs are peanuts, which most people have already as replacement backups. At 124k income, one hours income can theoretically account for 40 loss stun grenades, which I cannot imagine being lost in a day. (I may be completely wrong) But depending on what high value robbery targets you have this 5% sacrifice to income, may save you much more.
Of course if your getting constantly hit, stay away! Losing explosives as well as losing building loot, is like a double punch to your economy. That's why to me, I think explosives only worth when your near the top.

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I wouldn't be sure about rivals around your level, but judging from your impressive wins and losses, I would use explosives. Time bombs are peanuts, which most people have already as replacement backups. At 124k income, one hours income can theoretically account for 40 loss stun grenades, which I cannot imagine being lost in a day. (I may be completely wrong) But depending on what high value robbery targets you have this 5% sacrifice to income, may save you much more.
Of course if your getting constantly hit, stay away! Losing explosives as well as losing building loot, is like a double punch to your economy. That's why to me, I think explosives only worth when your near the top.

Thx for the props.

I maybe lose 150k in explosives a week most from successfully beating attackers and I only have 12, 24, 48 hour buildings to minimize exposure except for beloved PT's. They have only been hit once. I guess maybe I'll keep em topped off and see how it goes?

Ghost818
04-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Polarbear, if you feel like it add me and take a look at my hood, that's impressive gain in such little time, any tips for meh are greatly appreciated. Ill PM you my code.