PDA

View Full Version : Action on glitch cheats?

Burn
04-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Has anyone seen action taken? Have reported cheats been banned, reset, or nerfed?

I for one am starting to get pretty peeved at seeing one cheater just waltzing around the forums acting as if no harm was done, particularly as his personality appears to be changing into one of almost sneering indifference.

Jeez he's even talking to the Mods and asking them to pass messages on to the Devs - wtf is that all about?!?

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 11:33 PM
The cash glitch poster hasnt been banned either.

Update - Just checked my favorite in-game cheater and he is still up and running, just finishing upgrading 1 UC and just built 2nd UC all the while he has like 50 subways stacked and racked in the corner of his hood.

IDK, maybe they are swamped and its taking some time, but damn it sure is disheartening.

Dravak
04-18-2012, 11:40 PM
You know , I am willing to drop stuff , but visting this forum just pisses me off more .
Anyway probaly after this event will decide what to do , I do not want full refund on my game anymore.
Thats all thanks to AG , nobody else , cause he even wanted to help ! (keeping it vague)

But I don't feel want to continue dumping money into a bottomless pit, for others to make fun off , I don't even miss MW and KA

Daniel2115
04-18-2012, 11:56 PM
I dont understand how they could expect people to keep spending real money when there's other people cheating making more money than alot of gold spenders could even reach! What kind of chance does that leave the non gold spenders? Every person that made even 1$ from the glitch should be reset, who cares if they apologized? They're only apologizing cause they were caught red handed. Funzio says they have keep detailed records of everything so why don't they start putting those records to use and get rid of these cheaters already!

Chiefer
04-18-2012, 11:57 PM
I didn't give a shart for the past 2 weeks but
Someone actually robbed me!!!! This isn't how I play the game.

otto
04-19-2012, 12:05 AM
i just see today

income /hour 60496
atk 24860
def 20275

building
1 deli lvl1
1 pizza parlor lvl1
1 t shirt stand lvl 1
1 laundry lvl 7
1 house lvl 1
1 tatoo shop lvl1
1 warehouse lvl 1
1 night club
another n.c. under costruction

inventory:
502 rpg
503 chain wip
59 land mine and 128 gas grenade
501 full combat gear
501 exelero (251 armored jet)

that s all lvl 38

Daniel2115
04-19-2012, 12:11 AM
i just see today

income /hour 60496
atk 24860
def 20275

building
1 deli lvl1
1 pizza parlor lvl1
1 t shirt stand lvl 1
1 laundry lvl 7
1 house lvl 1
1 tatoo shop lvl1
1 warehouse lvl 1
1 night club

inventory:
502 rpg
503 chain wip
501 full combat gear

that s all lvl 38

Yeah, that's fair lol.

Burn
04-19-2012, 12:23 AM
In fact, screw this, I've bitten my tongue because I thought it was a kid, but I don't even believe that any more.

Santa, I'm calling you out...

More money is always good money.

Under the circumstances, I see this as nothing but attention seeking flame bait, and the sort of comment that basically says 'haha screw you' to everyone else that is playing the game fair.

I just want my hood to look good. Good economy means more decorations... :)

Just started my first upscale club!

More flame bait. Are you seriously posting this when people know that your hood is decorated with stuff you stole via the cheat, and your Upscale is basically funded by that cheat money?

Hey CCM, can you tell "the team" that Santa said hi. Can you mention me specifically? I'm sure they all love me. :)

WTF?!? Give me a break. What exactly is this all about? Are you intentionally trying to p!ss people off?

Santa, I sincerely hope you get investigated and banned. Banned in the game, and on here.

I'd rather not see you here on the forums, because you are a daily reminder that you can cheat and seemingly not only get away with it, but publically gloat about it - and that really grits my sh!t.

reidos
04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
In fact, screw this, I've bitten my tongue because I thought it was a kid, but I don't even believe that any more.

I dont understand how he manages to go to "school" and be on the forums 24/7

Under the circumstances, I see this as nothing but attention seeking flame bait, and the sort of comment that basically says 'haha screw you' to everyone else that is playing the game fair.

More flame bait. Are you seriously posting this when people know that your hood is decorated with stuff you stole via the cheat, and your Upscale is basically funded by that cheat money?

WTF?!? Give me a break. What exactly is this all about? Are you intentionally trying to p!ss people off?

Santa, I sincerely hope you get investigated and banned. Banned in the game, and on here.

I'd rather not see you here on the forums, because you are a daily reminder that you can cheat and seemingly not only get away with it, but publically gloat about it - and that really grits my sh!t.

I dont understand how he manages to go to "school" and be on the forums 24/7

Daniel2115
04-19-2012, 12:57 AM

I agree 150%, couldnt have said it better myself. Someone needs to be set an example of and who better than someone practically bragging in the forums about it. When everyone first found out I thought the kid was like crying about it from the post he was writing and then next thing I see is him saying stuff like that. Then I see him in another thread talking about his NCs. We all need to start posting threads about banning or at the least resetting Santa and eventually funzio will have to do something

Dreno33
04-19-2012, 01:24 AM
can you guys link me to this thread (plus post #) i want to read this thing myself. I saw he apologized and it looked like he felt really bad. can ya link me up?

slackerboy
04-19-2012, 01:25 AM
With you burn and co. Have reported a few people. Everytime I go into someones hood and see a bus shelter now, do wonder if they have cheated. Getting to the point, how many people can you report, or even want to!

Looking at said persons hood, even has a comment on his wall about the UC and Loft expansion. And how many decorations does that person have!!!

He made such an issue telling everyone "Not to do it!" and then goes and does it himself. Disappointing to say the least.

meh!!!

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 01:43 AM
@Dreno33

If you wanna read em then just click on his name and then click on view forum posts.

eka6484
04-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Wow what did I miss! One minute everyone is liking Santa next thing I see is this thread! I cant keep up with this forum :)

reidos
04-19-2012, 01:46 AM
can you guys link me to this thread (plus post #) i want to read this thing myself. I saw he apologized and it looked like he felt really bad. can ya link me up?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24589-Guys-don-t-do-it.-Seriously.

Theres the link, they've closed the thread.

Also santas edited his original post, i didn't used to read what is there now.

Burn
04-19-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm confused about this whole situation.

Santa has admitted cheating, only AFTER he got caught of course, and LIED about the extent of his cheating (there were screenshots that proved this), and he now seems to be gloating like he is untouchable.

Add to that, on another locked thread we had this comment from LFizzle...

"Let's be done with harping on Santa now."

So Funzio are clearly aware of his glitch cheating, and strangely appear to be defending him.

As said I'm confused, not least with his comment about saying "Hi" to the Devs - I'm even thinking he may be somehow connected to Funzio.

The plot thickens.

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 01:56 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24589-Guys-don-t-do-it.-Seriously.

Theres the link, they've closed the thread.

Also santas edited his original post, i didn't used to read what is there now.

The other comments referenced above arent in there. He'll need to read thru all his posts for the last day or so to really understand the situation completely.

reidos
04-19-2012, 02:00 AM
It's all so ... Mysterious

Dravak
04-19-2012, 02:08 AM
No it is very simple , he got caught instead of showing humility , he is rubbing it in that all legit players are idiots .

after months of whining I have no gold , twinkle gave him a Itune voucher, people found out he already had gold buildings , he is freaking a charlatan , that he even dare to show his face on this forum everyday makes me even more pissed .

That Mark and Fizzle even dare to defend him , makes me think where the intergerty lies !
With those who can lie and cheat , or those who are the legit consumers .
what happened to respec explosives , what happened to all our customers grievance ?

What happened to banning those who deserves it !
Don't need PR lessons you messed up .

Aid
04-19-2012, 02:16 AM
@Burn, thank you for this thread. Both rhino and I posted short statements on the multiple threads Santa has been posting on calling him out. It appears he is trying to bait forum members with his statements. I cannot believe that he and the OP of the glitch have not been banned from the forum ( and in game). Santa does not feel he will be banned because it has not happened yet (stated as a response to my post to him). Santa was given excellent advice after his half lie, which was to lay low and just stay out of it, too bad he did not heed that advice.
Enhas, I have never called you annoying, and just because you are 13 does not mean you are annoying, please understand the context of these posts.

OP, have not seen anything done with any of the players I have reported. One player (posts are on my wall), stated that for all he knows the rat catchers hacked his phone to give him 4800 golden magnums (among other things). In the past I did see an RP cheat have his equipment stripped, but the cash glitch cheats are bragging about their action with seemingly nothing being done.

reidos
04-19-2012, 02:19 AM
i tell you what if santa shows his face again i think he might be in for it ..

Santa
04-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Look, if you guys don't want me here, I'll go. Obviously I don't WANT to go, but if every single time I post it makes you sick, then maybe I should leave.

For some reason, none of you guys believe that I'm actually 13. None of you believe that the glitch didn't work. I had bus stops, but I started losing money because I was spending 150k (100k glitched money) on each bus stop when it only paid back 125k. I've already discussed this with a mod, and he/she told me what he/she thought might happen to me.

As for "gloating" and not being "sincere"... Where are you guys getting that? I apologized in at least 5 threads, and I feel really bad. I made an entire thread for my apology.

Polarbear
04-19-2012, 03:58 AM
Imagine if Santa makes it to lvl 140+ and starts taxing everyone. Forums would EXPLODE!

Just a thought =D

otto
04-19-2012, 04:21 AM
will be easy see who still run 1.3 version...

Burn
04-19-2012, 04:24 AM
Look, if you guys don't want me here, I'll go.

You were advised to keep a low profile, say nothing and let the dust settle. Very good advice. You ignored it.

Not only did you ignore it, but you post tactless stuff directly related to your material wealth in-game. Er Hello. You are a cheat. No-one wants to hear about what you have got or what you are buying, because it is bought with dirty money. It just adds insult to injury.

At very least I would advise you create a new account on the forums and start over with a clean slate. Because personally, I think your Santa persona has been damaged beyond repair.

Whether you have the maturity necessary to re-invent yourself in another guise is another matter entirely.

This is only my opinion, I am not speaking for anyone else here, and Funzio may take a very dim view of me expressing this opinion. I can live with any censure Funzio impose on me.

But, personally, I have zero respect for you currently, and would far rather not have to see you around.

Sorry, just calling it as I see it. And I stress again, I am not speaking for anyone else. Others can make their own minds up.

I just don't like cheats.

I have nothing else to say on the matter, and will now add you to my Ignore List.

Dravak
04-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Santa will you keep your Bull S to yourself now you even admit glitch money !
So you know how to get it ! We all know you did , I am more pissed off that twinkle tried to do something nice .
And it went to freaking lying charlatan ! cheater is infact a too good word for you .
It was that I didn't read Ram post clearly but yeah take Burn advice !

If you got any brains you should feel bad but feel horrible disgusted !
I do for giving you the benefit of the doubt , and then you pretending nothing is wrong .

i need muney
04-19-2012, 04:40 AM
http://download.lardlad.com/framegrabs/3G01/37.jpg
I'll just type it up on my invisible typewriter.

Aid
04-19-2012, 04:43 AM
@Burn, where is that ignore button that you and chiefer mention?

Santa, I guess the I have one word to describe you, 'pathetic'. If you do not understand what you have done, and what you CONTINUE to do...it is pointless on our parts to attempt to enlighten you. You have been dishonest, lied, cheated, more lies to cover up dishonesty, posts meant to inflame other forum members...and then edited your original apology posts to be more politically correct.

Please someone tell me where that ignore button is...would like to even not see his avy

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 04:47 AM
@Aid

Just click on their name, "view profile", "add to ignore list" middle left side of profile screen.

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 05:33 AM
The cash glitch poster hasnt been banned either.

Update - Just checked my favorite in-game cheater and he is still up and running, just finishing upgrading 1 UC and just built 2nd UC all the while he has like 50 subways stacked and racked in the corner of his hood.

IDK, maybe they are swamped and its taking some time, but damn it sure is disheartening.

Hmmm - that's interesting that you say they are too busy because I have been PM'ing CC Mark about this issue that I had with KA and not receiving a hardened shotgun
That's another thread and I won't bore you with the details but basically Mark said - "I wasn't being entirely honest with him" - because I said I had reported the issue and funzio had not replied to me. Well they had replied that they would look into it and then I heard nothing so that is why I asked Mark.

So I feel that this " dishonest" comment is a bit rich under the circumstances with all the other crap going on!

Aid
04-19-2012, 05:42 AM
Hmmm - that's interesting that you say they are too busy because I have been PM'ing CC Mark about this issue that I had with KA and not receiving a hardened shotgun
That's another thread and I won't bore you with the details but basically Mark said - "I wasn't being entirely honest with him" - because I said I had reported the issue and funzio had not replied to me. Well they had replied that they would look into it and then I heard nothing so that is why I asked Mark.

So I feel that this " dishonest" comment is a bit rich under the circumstances with all the other crap going on!

This isnt directed at CS is it? Because CS may be brusk, but he is upstanding

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 05:46 AM

Thanks, i think :)

I dont think Sasha is calling me out just calling out the slow response from Funzio, Not sure.

Dravak
04-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Sasha means customer support .

Aid
04-19-2012, 05:52 AM

I dont think Sasha is calling me out just calling out the slow response from Funzio, Not sure.
CS...I respect a brisk response, I am not looking for candy coated info...just tell me how it is.

Thanks for the clarification Dravek. No offense Sasha, just looking for clarification

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 05:59 AM
CS...I respect a brisk response, I am not looking for candy coated info...just tell me how it is.

Thanks for the clarification Dravek. No offense Sasha, just looking for clarification

I am short on words cuz i type with one hand but I think a lot of people see my gruff pic and read a little too much into my posts. i've been trying to add emoticons here and there to help a little. :cool:

Burn
04-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Yep, the Avatar pic gives a false impression...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22570-Avatars-and-people-perception&highlight=avatar

I now know CS is one of the good guys.

sez
04-19-2012, 06:05 AM
I am short on words cuz i type with one hand but I think a lot of people see my gruff pic and read a little too much into my posts. i've been trying to add emoticons here and there to help a little. :cool:

The lack of emotions is refreshing. To much of that crap lately! Don't do it!

Amber_
04-19-2012, 06:09 AM
No it is very simple , he got caught instead of showing humility , he is rubbing it in that all legit players are idiots .

after months of whining I have no gold , twinkle gave him a Itune voucher, people found out he already had gold buildings , he is freaking a charlatan , that he even dare to show his face on this forum everyday makes me even more pissed .

That Mark and Fizzle even dare to defend him , makes me think where the intergerty lies !
With those who can lie and cheat , or those who are the legit consumers .
what happened to respec explosives , what happened to all our customers grievance ?

What happened to banning those who deserves it !
Don't need PR lessons you messed up .

+1

I think Funzio should give back all the money they've taken from people for buying gold, because gold isn't giving you an advantage anymore. People can just cheat and become far stronger than the players who are actually paying for the game.

They say that they're working on if but I haven't seen anything happen at all. Just like you guys say, even the players that exploited the cheat and the ones who's admitted they use it haven't been banned. My empire times used to be almost only green, but since the cheat I get robbed and attacked all the time from cheaters who are literally stalking my hood. How do I know they're cheaters? It's really easy to tell a cheater from a regular player by just looking at their hood and stats.. That's why I can't believe that Funzio hasen't banned them yet. If I were Funzio I'd be working day and night until this problem is fixed.

I wonder if players are still buying gold..

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Yep, the Avatar pic gives a false impression...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22570-Avatars-and-people-perception&highlight=avatar

I now know CS is one of the good guys.

Thx Burn, Right back at ya!

I never saw that thread before, Good Stuff. I think I was on one of my self imposed hiatus's

My pic is the personification of my journey. He looks how I feel. Physically and sometimes emotionally,

I'm 44 but feel 64. It all good. Thx for that link, Hilarious! ;) :mad: :D

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 06:26 AM

NO - of course I wasn't calling you out. I just commented on your comment about them being "too busy" to deal with this situation. But not too busy to think that I was being dishonest over a situation that I feel I was ripped off on............

I guess I'm just supposed to fugit about it - that's not me though.........lol

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 06:30 AM
+1

I think Funzio should give back all the money they've taken from people for buying gold, because gold isn't giving you an advantage anymore. People can just cheat and become far stronger than the players who are actually paying for the game.

They say that they're working on if but I haven't seen anything happen at all. Just like you guys say, even the players that exploited the cheat and the ones who's admitted they use it haven't been banned. My empire times used to be almost only green, but since the cheat I get robbed and attacked all the time from cheaters who are literally stalking my hood. How do I know they're cheaters? It's really easy to tell a cheater from a regular player by just looking at their hood and stats.. That's why I can't believe that Funzio hasen't banned them yet. If I were Funzio I'd be working day and night until this problem is fixed.

I wonder if players are still buying gold..

I'm not buying gold for this event and I don't plan to buy anymore until some things are sorted out.

However I do have some on hand at the moment - from before this all started.

Sasha54
04-19-2012, 06:31 AM

I didn't say CS - said CC Mark (Crime City Mark)

CounterSniper
04-19-2012, 06:32 AM
NO - of course I wasn't calling you out. I just commented on your comment about them being "too busy" to deal with this situation. But not too busy to think that I was being dishonest over a situation that I feel I was ripped off on............

I guess I'm just supposed to fugit about it - that's not me though.........lol

Heck no, dont forget about it, Keep on them until they give you a complete, informed and decisive answer.

You are the customer, they are the service provider.

Fig Oni
04-19-2012, 06:33 AM
I have 300 mafia so I honestly never notice people who maybe in use of the cash glitch.

But I've notice on my friends account who is around 39k att/def, tell me about people who were 10k+ weaker in defense compared to his attack and within 24 hours they are now 20k better attack & defense.

This is very common occurrence & the give away is they have no or very few gold weapons.

Firstly as a gamer we shouldn't be policing the game looking for cheats but if we do and report it you should do your best to sort out the issue.
If a person is reported & his hood look very suspicious he should be temporary banned until you find out if they are legit.

Also the trend in the game is for cheater to mob up and gang up on legit players because they are the fools who spent hard earned cash & time to get stronger.

Rhino72
04-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Today is a new day and my Santa rant was over yesterday. I can see right through his weak attempts at grabbing attention at all costs. As Aid mentioned I already posted something yesterday about how transparant this behavior is and from now on I will just ignore every single post (as well as a few others that I care not to be bothered with as well). What does that mean? They can post as much as they want in a thread and I won't read or ever hit reply with quote. The worst thing you can do to someone starving for attention is to completely stop giving it to them.

Joe Brown1
04-19-2012, 06:38 AM
They do appear to be taking actions. I reported a cheater on 4/14 and got the following message back on 4/17:

"Apr 17 12:25 (PDT):
Hey RB,

Thank you for the report. I'm looking into this player now. Please be aware that we do not share the results of our investigations or detail any actions taken.

Regards,"

I think they are backlogged but I find it very encouraging to get feedback that they are actively looking into a specific report even if they can't provide info on action taken. I find the cheating frustrating as well and hopefully this helps my fellow forum members deal with the process. The guy I reported here had half his neighborhood filled with subway entrances at $1.2 million a pop.

Gaming Will
04-19-2012, 06:49 AM
I reported one on 4/16 and got this yesterday 4/18. (I'm not posting the customer service member name on purpose because I'm not sure it is ok).

Apr 18 10:56 (PDT):
Hey Will,

Good catch. Thank you for the report and screenshot. I'm looking into this player now. Please be aware that we do not share the results of our investigations or detail any actions taken.

Regards,

Swifty
04-19-2012, 06:52 AM
If we take them at their word that they are going to do something about the crate glitch exploiters, then that shows how backlogged they are. That happened well before the cash glitch exploiters.

Babytway
04-19-2012, 07:45 AM
this goes to show that what i have been saying in other threads. funzio wont do anything to 85% or more of the cheaters, they say they will but most of the ones that cheated get away with it. with the original crate glitch i dont think anyone had anything done to there acct. i have a person in my mob that has 3 adult theaters, and 3 wedding chapels, 3 meat factories for over 6mos and nothing, money glitch they just hoping after awhile ppl will just forget and let it go. Now i kinda believe that they cant really tell who has cheated or not. they just say they can to give impression they are in control of the game but cheaters are the ones who can control and manipulate the game better than they can

Dravak
04-19-2012, 07:56 AM
About the building glitch babytway , In the original version I started out with could build 4 of the same type .
I didn't do it , cause wasn't interested in economy . so was a bit suprised suddenly only 2 .
can't remember exactly when they changed it , but know for sure it wasn't something people cheated with .

Just most of us was like who cares 2 or 4 buildings back then .

Swearengen
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Has anyone seen action taken? Have reported cheats been banned, reset, or nerfed?

I for one am starting to get pretty peeved at seeing one cheater just waltzing around the forums acting as if no harm was done, particularly as his personality appears to be changing into one of almost sneering indifference.

Jeez he's even talking to the Mods and asking them to pass messages on to the Devs - wtf is that all about?!?

+1 Burn
Thank God Burn posted this thread. I agree 100%. It annoys the hell out of me every time Santa posts some happy go lucky comment on this forum. Yeah he cheated, yeah he admitted to it, after being caught basically, yeah he preached to everyone else not to be naughty...Yeah he ignored the lay low advice. And we get comments like " say hi to the team from santa" and "lay off santa" etc...

+1 April about giving gold back. It's never going to happen but Funzio has left the field so unfair by their lack of action you would have to be crazy (IMO) to waste any RM on this game now.

As for comments they are doing something about it. Plez I have gotten those we are looking into it emails but the reality is the vast majority of cheats seems to get off without any penalties.

Jill
04-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Every time the little (and he may Be 300 stone) sh/t speaks here, I feel like throwing up and members ofthe forum talk back to him........ Ahhhhhhhh he is no longer in my mafia, and to be honest he was always been an attention seeker stupud wee boy or a very large stupid boy, Santa go away we don't want you

youj
04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
If you guys really think he is cheating, report him to support, give them his info and why you think he's cheating.

I don't think funzio support look through the forums to find cheaters to ban.

Jill
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
If you guys really think he is cheating, report him to support, give them his info and why you think he's cheating.

I don't think funzio support look through the forums to find cheaters to ban.

Reported ..... long long time ago .... I can still remember.... When Santa was only at christmas

Fredo
04-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Issues related to Santa's admitted cheating aside and the measures that should be taken by Funzio in that respect, what shocks me is that he claims to be only 13 years old, because if true, that is a blatant violation of the very first paragraph of Funzio's terms of service by which the player "represents" that they are 18 when opting to play the game.

Yet, he is apparently communicating with people at the company, and still playing. He may be lying about his age, which means he is not violating the terms of service. But if he is not lying about his age, what does it say about Funzio as a company and its view towards the players when it fails - or wilfully refuses - to enforce its own terms of service?

I have reported many cash cheaters only to come back days or weeks later and see that they are still actively playing with apparently nothing having been done to them. Statistically, they cannot all be legitimate players; it is so improbable that it isn't even worth positing that at least some of them are not cheating.

At this juncture, I unfortunately just don't have any confidence that there will be any remedies or discipline imposed - whether items taken away, player bans (which really should be the only punishment), or anything else.

Funzio will not tell us what measures, if any, might be taken, but from my anecdotal experience, I have yet to see any evidence that anything has been done.

We have been told to "trust" Funzio regarding these issues, but I ask - what in the world has the company done to earn our trust? Honestly. I would like to know.

Maybe they're waiting until their recent VC funding efforts are closed to begin doing something because it will impact the player numbers? I don't know.

The problem is that I'm still seeing new players every day that are cheating. The old ones are still around. It is incredibly frustrating.

Burn
04-19-2012, 11:31 AM
+1 Fredo, very good post

Jill
04-19-2012, 12:00 PM
I have reported several last week and today was the first time I received an acknowledgement of them receiving my mail, so perhaps CS is right and the backlog is huge.

BUT what I don't understand is the number of threads, including my own that were shut down and the announcement thread they posted thereafter was ~?>^~_a waste of time cos you can't post anything there without approval from 'the moderator'. We all want answers, we all want to know what actions they are taking, but all CC Mark can really say .... I spelt L Frizzle's name wrong..... Just not good enough is it

Fredo
04-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Jill - As others have noted, I wouldn't put too much faith in the practically automated "we have received your email, we are looking into it, and by the way, we won't tell you if anything was done about it" emails received after reporting the cheaters. I have many in my inbox over the last few weeks, with no evidence that anything has actually been done.

The thing that is especially mystifying is that reports of the cheating have been made for months - indeed, one of the threads closed by L Fizzle herself to direct forum viewers to the "believe us when we say that we take cheating seriously even though we haven't told you what we're going to do and won't tell you if we have done anything" post from Funzio was started in February!

And here we are in April, still suffering from the problem!

Needless to say, there may be a significant uphill battle in rebuilding credibility and trust among the player community in this instance, if the company has any interest in doing so.

Swearengen
04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Issues related to Santa's admitted cheating aside and the measures that should be taken by Funzio in that respect, what shocks me is that he claims to be only 13 years old, because if true, that is a blatant violation of the very first paragraph of Funzio's terms of service by which the player "represents" that they are 18 when opting to play the game.

Yet, he is apparently communicating with people at the company, and still playing. He may be lying about his age, which means he is not violating the terms of service. But if he is not lying about his age, what does it say about Funzio as a company and its view towards the players when it fails - or wilfully refuses - to enforce its own terms of service?

I have reported many cash cheaters only to come back days or weeks later and see that they are still actively playing with apparently nothing having been done to them. Statistically, they cannot all be legitimate players; it is so improbable that it isn't even worth positing that at least some of them are not cheating.

At this juncture, I unfortunately just don't have any confidence that there will be any remedies or discipline imposed - whether items taken away, player bans (which really should be the only punishment), or anything else.

Funzio will not tell us what measures, if any, might be taken, but from my anecdotal experience, I have yet to see any evidence that anything has been done.

We have been told to "trust" Funzio regarding these issues, but I ask - what in the world has the company done to earn our trust? Honestly. I would like to know.

Maybe they're waiting until their recent VC funding efforts are closed to begin doing something because it will impact the player numbers? I don't know.

The problem is that I'm still seeing new players every day that are cheating. The old ones are still around. It is incredibly frustrating.

Fredo says it all here. I think lots of forum users agree 100% with you!

Jill
04-19-2012, 12:31 PM
You are so right ...... +++Fredo...

Amber_
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
You know what's going to happend now? That's right, Fitzzl or Mark is going to close the thread and say "We're looking into it. We can't tell you anything about our actions but we're working on it".

They have closed earlier threads where players have been complaining about this.. They are busy making the next event to squeeze out some more cash from us. They want to swop it under the mat and hope we'll forget about it.. that's why we're not allowed to talk about it..

Dravak
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
They beter not if they have some decency left , I already deleted MW and KA , was almost in the stage to throw big money at MW .

Sorry atleast they beter have the decency to let this thread stay open .
Cause what do honest customer get ? I will not ask a full refund anymore or even partial refund , that is thanks to Funzio Customer Service .
But they beter not make another PR mistake .

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 02:02 PM
I think Santa actually is what he says he is. I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong, but I think you guys are wrong about his age. He seems like a modest teenager (I would know, I'm only 14) that was simply overcome with a moment of greed. He already apologized for his actions and seems to understand the consequences. Lets not rub it in anymore.

On a brighter note, hello to all forum members! I hope to be as helpful and friendly as you all seem to be!

otto
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
i just see today

income /hour 60496
atk 24860
def 20275

building
1 deli lvl1
1 pizza parlor lvl1
1 t shirt stand lvl 1
1 laundry lvl 7
1 house lvl 1
1 tatoo shop lvl1
1 warehouse lvl 1
1 night club

inventory:
502 rpg
503 chain wip
501 full combat gear

that s all lvl 38

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7105/photo2k.png
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4535/photo5d.png
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1020/photo4s.png
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7172/photo6.png

otto
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8910/photo7g.png
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6849/photo8n.png
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2336/photowv.png

Daniel2115
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I think Santa actually is what he says he is. I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong, but I think you guys are wrong about his age. He seems like a modest teenager (I would know, I'm only 14) that was simply overcome with a moment of greed. He already apologized for his actions and seems to understand the consequences. Lets not rub it in anymore.

He only apologizes when people are talking about how he should be banned. U need to read into him practically bragging about cheating. And why should cheaters get any kind of second chance? peoplespend hard earned money to get their stats up, And take the high road and decide not to cheat. Why should someone be able to come in and cheat their way above gold spenders? He and everyone else that made any kind of money by cheating should be banned or at the least reset.

Burn
04-19-2012, 02:23 PM

On a brighter note, hello to all forum members! I hope to be as helpful and friendly as you all seem to be!

Hello Santa.

iteachem
04-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Hello Santa.

Yup...Appears true..

Boom
04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
So thats what happened to Santa, guys why care about one person when there's hundreds more doing it??? It's not like it's the end of your life. Just chill maybe something GOOD will happen. Everybody makes mistakes, Santa just made one. I'm pretty sure ur all educated enough to know that everyone makes mistakes. It's called life, think about it

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Hello Santa.

I'm not Santa? Just because I defend him... >.>

Boom
04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Santa, even I know it's u. But I don't hate u or anything. U made a mistake. People get over it!!

jlhy
04-19-2012, 02:38 PM
So thats what happened to Santa, guys why care about one person when there's hundreds more doing it??? It's not like it's the end of your life. Just chill maybe something GOOD will happen. Everybody makes mistakes, Santa just made one. I'm pretty sure ur all educated enough to know that everyone makes mistakes. It's called life, think about it

Actually he made 2 that the forums know of. Lying to Twinkie about not having gold to get a free Itunes gift card from her and this money glitch. How many more lies/mistakes does he need to be caught in before its not okay?

otto
04-19-2012, 02:43 PM
http://th838.photobucket.com/albums/zz303/kingofevil10/Pikachus/th_ChristmasPika.gif

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm not!

im not Santa!!!!!

seriously... Jeez. We live in the same state and both play soccer. I'm sure lots of ppl do that. and Calvin and Hobbes is a popular comic. I'm not really that into it though, but calvvin sure is funny!!!

Boom
Tens of thousands, a person makes a few mistakes everyday. It's life

Dravak
Boom am all for 2nd chances , infact even for a 3rd chance ,
But not when the person simply doesn't know it is pissing people off , infact i think Funzio has a lovely system in place .

But not when you say 0 tolerance , and freaking cheaters are making the honest customers look bad .
It is like Joey Cool says keep it to yourself , You know it is like cheating on your husband wife girlfriend or boyfriend.
Cause you need to come clean , you totally forget how selfishe it is off you ,
It is not your decision if the other side accept it or not.
Cause you came clean , F it no you didn't , you cleared your consious now you let the other party decide .
Saying sorry then acting like I should have moved on already , F it that is even more rubbishe .

And rubbing it in everyday and pretending you didn't do anything wrong . LOL
Sorry Fizz put a temp ban on that kid will you .

Boom
04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
13, loves soccer, from MD, likes calvin and Hobbes I know it's u but don't worry I dont hate u

Boom
04-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Never mind not everybody is educated.....

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
13, loves soccer, from MD, likes calvin and Hobbes I know it's u but don't worry I dont hate u

I'm almost 15... hell yeah I love soccer and I'm from md...

BUT IM NOT HImm!!!

jobadass
04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
this goes to show that what i have been saying in other threads. funzio wont do anything to 85% or more of the cheaters, they say they will but most of the ones that cheated get away with it. with the original crate glitch i dont think anyone had anything done to there acct. i have a person in my mob that has 3 adult theaters, and 3 wedding chapels, 3 meat factories for over 6mos and nothing, money glitch they just hoping after awhile ppl will just forget and let it go. Now i kinda believe that they cant really tell who has cheated or not. they just say they can to give impression they are in control of the game but cheaters are the ones who can control and manipulate the game better than they can
I think they will catch the "obvious" cheaters, but some will fall through the cracks. If it bothers you and you find someone who's cheated, report them. We all need to do our part.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Sorry, I went way off topic.

Santa
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Guys, it's not me. I'm trying to lay low right now (finally following your advice).

Welcome to the forums, Pikachu. Sorry you had to be involved in this. Nice to see another Marylander here playing CC.

Boom
04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Santa I recommend u not post for a while so some people can think about it and learn people makes mistakes. Again, it's called life

Santa
Yeah I know...

617Pats
You know whats nice it took me about 4 months of economy planning to get my nightclub and now a bunch of people (money cheats) have them. Its apparent your cheating when you have hundreds of millions in equipment in which you would have had to been basically saving for a a really long time. Pieces of ****.

jobadass
Guys, it's not me. I'm trying to lay low right now (finally following your advice).

Welcome to the forums, Pikachu. Sorry you had to be involved in this. Nice to see another Marylander here playing CC.
Anyone else see the irony in this?

Babytway
04-19-2012, 03:02 PM
I think they will catch the "obvious" cheaters, but some will fall through the cracks. If it bothers you and you find someone who's cheated, report them. We all need to do our part.

No its not the cheaters that bothers me i actually give the cheaters a +1 because they do it and pretty much know nothing is goin to happen to them. its the fact that funzio knows people cheat and it gives them a HUGE advantage the sways the game largely in there favor(speaking of crate glitch yet again) and they do nothing. but on the other hand the go and get rid of the M4A1 and say that the stats gave too many players that affected the balance of the game thats sdrawkcabssa to me. So i say jump on the cheat bandwagon. thats just my opinion, my acct is free of all cheats.

Pikachu
04-19-2012, 03:04 PM

thank uuuuu!!! jeez they think I'm you!!!! weird way to start a forum haha

I live in northern Potomac HBU?

Dravak
04-19-2012, 03:06 PM
So babytway so everybody should learn how to hack 500 respec items , then when it is not enough learn how to hack
Inventory for 0 gold purchase items , then if that is not enough learn how to hack stats ,
Oh wait so why are we even playing this game and paying real money for ?

Babytway
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
i say yes why not, funzio isn't doing anything to stop playing from glitching stuff, have you seen any action from them, i may have seen less than 1% have something done to there game...

i might change my tune if funzio starts doing something. but its been how many months since crate glitch and how long has it been for this money glitch(and this glitch has been out for longer than most ppl think)

617Pats
04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
i say yes why not, funzio isn't doing anything to stop playing from glitching stuff, have you seen any action from them, i may have seen less than 1% have something done to there game...

i might change my tune if funzio starts doing something. but its been how many months since crate glitch and how long has it been for this money glitch(and this glitch has been out for longer than most ppl think)

I agree, I reported someone using the money glitch like 3 months ago and nothing has changed. It has gotten out of hand.

Ziva
04-19-2012, 03:28 PM
:mad: Last week a player "lost" close to $1 million by attacking me and another player in a couple hours. We both reported her to Funzio, yet she's back with all her weapons and buildings intact. I've reported several other players for cheating and they are all back, too. I'm working on a detailed report to file with the Better Business Bureau now. As an international multi-billion dollar company, this Government Agency will investigate and even better, they can and will fine Funzio and force them to finally listen to us. I'm also including in my report the various box events, as they are fixed and designed to get us to buy and use the most gold they possibly can. I made the mistake of using gold for the Emerald Burner event, but apparently it wasn't enough for Funzio, as I did not get one single gem in 5 days of using gold every hour. I've sworn off ever buying gold again, as we are paying a company billions of dollars to allow cheaters to get away with it scot free, and even worse, we are paying Funzio to cheat us.

Boom
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Ziva nice threat but u wouldn't of said that if U did get the burner

Dravak
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Boom I have all 4 event items , I still feel cheated , so what is your excuse now ?

Ziva
04-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Babytway, it saddens me that you lack morals and integrity enough to say that. I would much rather play fair and lose fights and robs than to cheat and win.

Boom
04-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry drav, I have no excuses. I'm sooo sorry :(. (sarcasm) I did say Ziva :) what's ur excuse now?

Ziva
04-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Ziva nice threat but u wouldn't of said that if U did get the burner

Yes, boom, I actually would. And it's not a threat, either. Funzio is cheating all of us and I've had enough. I have gotten the 10th in other events, but it does not change the facts.

jobadass
04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
:mad: Last week a player "lost" close to $1 million by attacking me and another player in a couple hours. We both reported her to Funzio, yet she's back with all her weapons and buildings intact. I've reported several other players for cheating and they are all back, too. I'm working on a detailed report to file with the Better Business Bureau now. As an international multi-billion dollar company, this Government Agency will investigate and even better, they can and will fine Funzio and force them to finally listen to us. I'm also including in my report the various box events, as they are fixed and designed to get us to buy and use the most gold they possibly can. I made the mistake of using gold for the Emerald Burner event, but apparently it wasn't enough for Funzio, as I did not get one single gem in 5 days of using gold every hour. I've sworn off ever buying gold again, as we are paying a company billions of dollars to allow cheaters to get away with it scot free, and even worse, we are paying Funzio to cheat us.
WOW. The BBB? I should have checked Funzio out there before I got totally addicted to a game I love.
My advice Ziva: suck it up, buttercup.

Boom
04-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, boom, I actually would. And it's not a threat, either. Funzio is cheating all of us and I've had enough. I have gotten the 10th in other events, but it does not change the facts.How would I know? And also how would u know? U didn't get it.

Swearengen
04-19-2012, 03:52 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25240-Alright-alright.-I-m-Santa.

Why won't this kid/old guy whatever just go away?

Crime City Mark
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, this thread isn't going anywhere constructive.