PDA

View Full Version : Farming vehicles early

jinqs
04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
So, I'm level 10 and have no cars yet. Is it worth farming a few vans or taxis or should I just save up for cameros? I can use The Waterfront - Food Truck to farm Vans (1/2) at a rate of 1 per 33.3 xp or Empire Square - Pharmacy to farm Taxis (2/2) at a rate of 1 per 40 xp.

I realize I won't be using them forever, but given how long it will take to save up for lots of cars I'm wondering if the short term defence boost will be worth it. With those numbers I should be able to farm about 6 or 7 without levelling, though that would obviously mean no PVP until I'm ready to go to 11.

Any advice would be appreciated.

murf
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
So, I'm level 10 and have no cars yet. Is it worth farming a few vans or taxis or should I just save up for cameros? I can use The Waterfront - Food Truck to farm Vans (1/2) at a rate of 1 per 33.3 xp or Empire Square - Pharmacy to farm Taxis (2/2) at a rate of 1 per 40 xp.

I realize I won't be using them forever, but given how long it will take to save up for lots of cars I'm wondering if the short term defence boost will be worth it. With those numbers I should be able to farm about 6 or 7 without levelling, though that would obviously mean no PVP until I'm ready to go to 11.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I bought some Hatchbacks from any robberies above $10k....There is no clear-cut answer...some people hate leveling, I had more fun intelligently using my energy and stamina and not really worrying about leveling too fast. This way I was still pretty strong when I did level. I farmed Shivs during the early levels, but I think farming Lowriders (6A, 6D) at Junkyard after level 30 is the way to go for Vehicles.

Beardy
04-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Where in the junk yard would be a good place for me to find these Lowriders?

murf
04-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Where in the junk yard would be a good place for me to find these Lowriders?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdHl6RXFncTlLVDY5NjdvQ3FZWmF3e Wc#gid=6

jinqs
04-18-2012, 02:00 PM
I bought some Hatchbacks from any robberies above $10k....There is no clear-cut answer...some people hate leveling, I had more fun intelligently using my energy and stamina and not really worrying about leveling too fast. This way I was still pretty strong when I did level. I farmed Shivs during the early levels, but I think farming Lowriders (6A, 6D) at Junkyard after level 30 is the way to go for Vehicles.
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely be farming those once I'm up to level 30, it's just that 30 is a long way from 10 and I'd like to boost my defence in the meantime. I think the xp cost is worth it for the use I'll get out of them.

murf
04-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely be farming those once I'm up to level 30, it's just that 30 is a long way from 10 and I'd like to boost my defence in the meantime. I think the xp cost is worth it for the use I'll get out of them.

Just check out the spreadsheet...farm where you are weak...I didn't fully equip my mafia with vehicles until much later on...I found other items provided me with more improvement per RP/energy/$$. Don't just get vehicles because you think you need 1 per mafia...go after the item with the highest return.

Santa
04-18-2012, 02:25 PM
At your level you might want to try the Pilot Helment. Stats of 1/6. Armor item. Can be farmed with a great drop rate somewhere in Little Italy. Check spreadsheet. :/

jinqs
04-18-2012, 02:44 PM
At your level you might want to try the Pilot Helment. Stats of 1/6. Armor item. Can be farmed with a great drop rate somewhere in Little Italy. Check spreadsheet. :/

First place I see Pilot Helmet on the spreadsheet is Docks and the first place with a reasonable drop rate is Soho. Neither are unlocked, but thanks for the tip.