PDA

View Full Version : What to build

gaujla
04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
In a bit of a pickle. Have some cash on hand an need something to spend it on and I would much rather spend it on income buildings than anything else.

I recently sold the majority of my low level buildings (after finding these forums) and greatly increased the amount of money I earn on a daily basis.

I currently own the following:

1 x Beachside Inn
1 x Brownstone
2 x Houses
1 x italian restaurant (will be sold)
2 x Dominicans
2 x Flower Shops
2 x Lofts
2 x MT's
2 x Comedy Clubs
2 x Wedding Chapels
2 x Churches
2 x Chicken and waffles
2 x Smoke Shops
2 x Ice cream shops
1 x Sushi Bar (will be sold)
2 x Upscales

I have 2 body guard agencies and 4 gatling turrets so I'm good for defense as I like to increase it through items.

Just looking to build something while I wait for upgrades to finish and until I unlock some of the higher level buildings.

Have up to Russian Restaurant unlocked.

Edit: I've seen the spreadsheet but I'm hoping to build something that others have had success with.

murf
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Do not sell Italian Restaurants....one of best upgradable buildings in the game. What level are your Lofts & MTs...My initial reaction is to upgrade Lofts and buy Internet Company or Crematorium (not a popular building, but allows you to save up while you focus on upgrading your Lofts & MTs)....

mac daddy
04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Not sure if it's open to you yet, but the Condos are great. Also, I also suggest putting together some gold for a couple Pirate's Taverns... very nice. I would also encourage you to complete all fifty turrets, since defense buildings remain at full power, while equipment items are cut in half. You have a really nice economy building.. good work.

murf
04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Do not sell Italian Restaurants....one of best upgradable buildings in the game. What level are your Lofts & MTs...My initial reaction is to upgrade Lofts and buy Internet Company or Crematorium (not a popular building, but allows you to save up while you focus on upgrading your Lofts & MTs)....

Sorry, just realized you only have one Brownstone and Beachside Inn...I'd build a 2nd of those first, before the others.

gaujla
04-18-2012, 11:45 AM

I thought about the internet company but at level 10 it's only gets you 11,000 an hour over two days which isn't really worth it IMO considering the higher level buildings can give you that much at level 1 with a lower cost.

I'm currently waiting for my ice cream shop upgrade to finish and then will be upgrading one MT to level 4 (the other is already level 4) and then will be upgrading one loft to level 3 and the other to level 2. While those buildings are upgrading I'll have banked more money but I'm looking for some new income to collect from so I can offset the upgrade cost of those buildings, since I cant collect from them while they upgrade.

gaujla
04-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Not sure if it's open to you yet, but the Condos are great. Also, I also suggest putting together some gold for a couple Pirate's Taverns... very nice. I would also encourage you to complete all fifty turrets, since defense buildings remain at full power, while equipment items are cut in half. You have a really nice economy building.. good work.

I have enough gold banked for 2 x rock cafes, 2 x pirate taverns and 2 x gentlemans clubs

what's the fifty turret thing that you mentioned?

duelblade
04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
whatever you do DON'T sell off the Italian restaurant if your keeping 3 hours those are almost better then ice cream shops.

gaujla
04-18-2012, 11:56 AM
whatever you do DON'T sell off the Italian restaurant if your keeping 3 hours those are almost better then ice cream shops.

I dont plan on upgrading the italian restaurant further but the ice cream shops wont be moving in terms of placement anytime soon where as the italian restaurant is in a corner with the sushi bar with no permanent home (that's why I want to sell it and it should make more room for other buildings)

murf
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
I thought about the internet company but at level 10 it's only gets you 11,000 an hour over two days which isn't really worth it IMO considering the higher level buildings can give you that much at level 1 with a lower cost.

I'm currently waiting for my ice cream shop upgrade to finish and then will be upgrading one MT to level 4 (the other is already level 4) and then will be upgrading one loft to level 3 and the other to level 2. While those buildings are upgrading I'll have banked more money but I'm looking for some new income to collect from so I can offset the upgrade cost of those buildings, since I cant collect from them while they upgrade.

I would make the L2 Loft upgrade a top priority, the 1st upgrade of a type A building is the most profitable one in the game...then focus on getting them both to L3, and then focus on other upgrades. The Internet Company while not one of the best building is ok. It pays for itself in less then a month. But I would build the Beachside Inn first. My strategy in the middle levels, was building the cheapest buildings I could, and focusing on my big upgrades, like Lofts and MTs....then when Condos on up unlocked, I switched strategies and focused on the high-end buildings and cheap upgrades like Italian Restaurants, etc.

murf
04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I dont plan on upgrading the italian restaurant further but the ice cream shops wont be moving in terms of placement anytime soon where as the italian restaurant is in a corner with the sushi bar with no permanent home (that's why I want to sell it and it should make more room for other buildings)

As I stated above, you will likely upgrade the Italians when you are saving for Condos and Hotels...they a great low/mid level buidlings...especially if you keeping some other 3-hr buildings.

murf
04-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I have enough gold banked for 2 x rock cafes, 2 x pirate taverns and 2 x gentlemans clubs

what's the fifty turret thing that you mentioned?

You can build 50 gatling turrets. Because of the 2x2 footprint, they are a nice thing to build in between your $$ builds, and they fit into the unused areas of your hood.

gaujla
04-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I would make the L2 Loft upgrade a top priority, the 1st upgrade of a type A building is the most profitable one in the game...then focus on getting them both to L3, and then focus on other upgrades. The Internet Company while not one of the best building is ok. It pays for itself in less then a month. But I would build the Beachside Inn first. My strategy in the middle levels, was building the cheapest buildings I could, and focusing on my big upgrades, like Lofts and MTs....then when Condos on up unlocked, I switched strategies and focused on the high-end buildings and cheap upgrades like Italian Restaurants, etc.

Once I start build more buildings I'll find a home for my italian restaurant. I built my second beachside inn and will be building another brownstone as well. Then will focus on upgrading my lofts cause the upgrades are pretty long.

nvbealone
04-18-2012, 08:58 PM
i have 2 of each type of buidlings. im only left with 12 types of buildings to go and i would have all the cash buidlings done. the highest building i have now is condo and it will be built in another 50hrs! yeah!