PDA

View Full Version : Is this a problem for anyone? Blocked # level of buildings?

charispistis
04-18-2012, 10:37 AM
You know when buildings are ready to be raided and so they have a "target sign" on top of them with a progress bar on the bottom? Many times this huge sign blocks the view of the *level number* of that building or the one next to it. It would be nice to have this fixed. What do you think?

Good gaming everyone!
451 083 532

el_gringo
04-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes, it happens for me a lot on an ipod touch, i would guess its less of a problem on an ipad.

charispistis
04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Yeah but I do play on an iPad... I guess on the iPod it is even worse.

vorm
04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
I have found this annoying as well when the building level numbers are obscured by stuff, but recently have decided to try to use it to my advantage when it comes to defense by intentionally trying to place things to block the view of what level certain buildings are. Have a level 10 munitions stockpile? Place something tall next to it to hide it's level to lessen the chances of it getting raided.

bilbo baggins
04-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I have two level ten stockpiles and they are completely hidden behind the naval research and two chemical plants. you can't see them on the screen and have to click on the middle of the chemical plant to collect your cash.

Watash
04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Great tip!! I just moved my level ten money building so it's level number is completely blocked. I will move other high value targets to accomplish the same.

negotiator
04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
You can turn off the "level toggle" in the settings tab and they don't show up as you look at your base, now I am not sure if that blocks your rivals as well.

Aidan
04-18-2012, 02:54 PM
It's only turned off to u. Others can still see it

negotiator
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
It's only turned off to u. Others can still see it

Thanks for confirming

-->FISH<--
04-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I use it as a defense. When you come by for a visit and you're looking for my numbers to snake some cash some of them are hidden. That's the way it should be, when you're raiding someone else's base it's a gamble not a road map. Saying that, when I attack I use them but, I think it would add a bit more strategy and chance to the attacks.

charispistis
04-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Good points and great tips guys!

LeBarticus
04-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I've noticed that too. If the money building isn't obscured by another tall building you should be able to see its level. This is also a problem in Kingdom Age - I can almost never see building level

What?
04-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Obscuring buildings can be an art form. There are many tall buildings in this game where you can hide levels of buildings. Even smaller defense buildings like the guard tower has a radar icon that extends above it that if placed correctly will obscure some other building. Most players like a sure thing when raiding and may choose not to raid a building if they are unsure the amount they will receive. That being said I always thought it was dumb that even some buildings that aren't blocked by other buildings are still obscured by the radar icon hiding their levels. The recycling plant turned 180 degrees hides the level when the radar icon is on them. Same with the solar array and bio dome. There are a few others, but those are the ones off the top of my head. An easy solution to all this would be to do away with the radar icon entirely and replace it with the level of the building in the icons place. Keep the orange background and just change the icon to the number.

vball
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Personally I use it is a place to target. If I see munitions or other such high value targets hidden, I just automatically assume they are trying to hide and purposely attack it.

Most of the time I am right, sometimes it was just hidden though.

For me, I tend to leave them open as bait hoping some will raid me without bothering to check any stats. Usually happens a few times a day where some kind person leaves me some cash.