PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely different...

white frog
04-18-2012, 09:43 AM
I know there have been many spreadsheets created and shared on this forum, and I thank every one of you who has contributed to the massive knowledge stores that have been collected over the life of this game.
Considering how many guides and spreadsheets there are floating around out there, it almost seems silly to think about creating or publishing a new one. However, I have been working on one for many, many months now, and I'm gonna publish it anyway! Before I do, though, I wanted to explain myself a little bit...

I am a crazy perfectionist, very detail oriented, and never satisfied completely. This is the reason why I have been working on this project for so long and haven't gone public with it! That being said, the project is still incomplete. I have realized that it will probably never be complete because as soon as I finish one aspect of it, another one comes to mind! There comes a point where I have to just call it quits with the stupid thing!

Okay, with that out of the way... I think that you guys will appreciate this document greatly. I have taken a ton of the information from months of posts, as well as from other spreadsheets, and compiled it all into one document. There are numerous aspects of it that include:

- A complete summary of your game stats
- A complete Money Building Page
- A complete Defense Building Page
- An equipment stat calculation page
- My Goal Calculator that will help build your economy the absolute most efficient way
- All kinds of guides
Etc.. etc.. etc.

Before this becomes a long thread, I also want to point out that once this is posted, I am officially DONE with this document. I won't be doing regular updates to it, so this will be up to you to personally to keep your own copy updated.

I also want to mention that it is NOT geared for Tycoon players. It also won't take into consideration all of the new items that reduce build times, etc. Those aspects of the game were intentionally designed to keep the "All in One" from existing, and I decided a long time ago that I was going to play this game as simply, yet as efficiently as possible. I do not play at Tycoon level, and I never will. I am a bit of a purist I guess. This does not mean that I think anyone who does play at Tycoon is wrong.. actually quite the opposite!

Okay, anyhoo... here is the download link! I hope you all enjoy it! Do me one favor, though! There have been a lot of contributors to the collected data, so read the "Props" section on the Introduction page before you do anything else! Thanks!

http://code.google.com/p/ccspreadsheet/downloads/list

PS. I have left all of my information in the spreadsheet so you can see how it works before replacing it with your information!

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey man great work, to all of those who contributed too!

Burn
04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Not looked in detail yet, but on first perusal, awesome job buddy.

Sasha54
04-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Very nice!
Love the building pics to.....

just 1 quick question about the Hood layout page - how does that work?

thanks for your efforts

Dorian Gray
04-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Impressive

Santa
04-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Great work white frog! Sorry I couldn't beta test! Haven't had any computer access for a week.

I'm really lazy and it takes forever to fill out every single equipment tab. Will do it after my defensive explosives run out (they were a bad idea in the first place). Great job!

white frog
04-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Great work white frog! Sorry I couldn't beta test! Haven't had any computer access for a week.

I'm really lazy and it takes forever to fill out every single equipment tab. Will do it after my defensive explosives run out (they were a bad idea in the first place). Great job!
I've got them all on category specific pages which are in alphabetical order. It took me about 5 minutes to input all my equip.

Santa
04-18-2012, 12:26 PM
I know it's just the whole process of looking through my inventory. And finding all the gatling turrets I've hidden in my hood. :P

white frog
04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
just 1 quick question about the Hood layout page - how does that work?
It's all done manually.. It was just something that I personally wanted to help me organize my own hood. When you do an expansion, you can simply adjust the "thick box border" by completely highlighting the entire area of your new hood, choose "all borders" first, and the choose "thick box border"

I know it sounds like a lot, but how often does one really expand?

Sasha54
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM

Hmmmm - if you're 13 you should have boundless energy..............lol

deuces
04-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Awesome white frog, thanks for all the effort!

It looks like gold buildings are not accounted for in the summary page, havent gotten into it enough to know if they're working elsewhere. Using open office on a mac.

Santa
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I've had a 2 hour soccer practice every day this week. Only reason I'm not at practice today is that it was cancelled because of rain. :/

Get up at 6:20. Go to school. Come home. Go to practice. Come home. Eat dinner. Do HW. Go to sleep at 10:00.

10:00 actually isn't that bad. I happen to be smart and efficient when it comes to schoolwork... Doesn't take me as long compared to some of my friends...

white frog
04-18-2012, 12:59 PM
It looks like gold buildings are not accounted for in the summary page
You're right deuces... I originally had the two sums totaled on the "Money Buildings" page which is where the "summary" page was pulling from. I apologize.. that's a pretty big boo boo.. go back to the download link.. I've uploaded an updated version.

Sorry about that! I hope you didn't spend too much time with it yet!

blondealex
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Wow, this is very impressive. Thanks

deuces
04-18-2012, 02:15 PM
No problem, hadnt done too much and stopped when i saw that.

With the goals sheet, we enter in most of the data ourselves correct?

white frog
04-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Dammit!! Damn you all! I wanted to be done with this silly thing!
I'm just kidding btw!

A few (what I would consider) major errors have been pointed out to me that I absolutely have to fix or I won't be able to sleep at night. I am going to fix these one at a time over the next few days and then publish one last version. I guess keep the feedback coming in so I can get everything straightened out all at once!
Thanks for all the great feedback and compliments!

white frog
04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
No problem, hadnt done too much and stopped when i saw that.

With the goals sheet, we enter in most of the data ourselves correct?
You only need to make the list and input upgrade cost, upgrade time, and hourly upgrade. I will actually just pull the info from the money building sheet!

Nicholost
04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
white frog: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/thumbsup.gif

Gonna update my sig now. :)

Santa
04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Nicholost, of you care about aesthetics then I would recommend getting rid of your calc in your sig, or puttin some spaces in there. IMHO it looks sorta awkward. Just my 3 cents.

Nicholost
04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Nicholost, of you care about aesthetics then I would recommend getting rid of your calc in your sig, or puttin some spaces in there. IMHO it looks sorta awkward. Just my 3 cents.
No, not really. I mean, I chose purple for my link color. That should be an indication of my anti-aesthetical stance.

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 03:07 PM
No, not really. I mean, I chose purple for my link color. That should be an indication of my anti-aesthetical stance.

That's because I accidentally stole your color over night unknowingly, I did forget to apologize about that, it was on my mind but never actually remembered to do it

Sasha54
04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Dammit!! Damn you all! I wanted to be done with this silly thing!
I'm just kidding btw!

A few (what I would consider) major errors have been pointed out to me that I absolutely have to fix or I won't be able to sleep at night. I am going to fix these one at a time over the next few days and then publish one last version. I guess keep the feedback coming in so I can get everything straightened out all at once!
Thanks for all the great feedback and compliments!

OK - just started to enter data in and I don't know if someone already gave you feedback on this but -

on the Gold Building sheet - it keeps showing a value for the Gingerbread House - line 272 - although from the formula it looks like a total and it doesn't add up
either way it has inflated my cost spent on gold buildings - and it doesn't allow me to adjust your formulas

have you got everything protected.......or am I doing something wrong

thanks.....

Santa
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
OK - just started to enter data in and I don't know if someone already gave you feedback on this but -

on the Gold Building sheet - it keeps showing a value for the Gingerbread House - line 272 - although from the formula it looks like a total and it doesn't add up
either way it has inflated my cost spent on gold buildings - and it doesn't allow me to adjust your formulas

have you got everything protected.......or am I doing something wrong

thanks.....

+1

Always adds 300 gold to my gold spent total.

Will start filling this out after the minor bugs are patched up. Good work.

@Nicholost

I see you changed your sig. Was it because of me? It looks better now TBH.

Swearengen
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Looks amazing. Actually looks a little daunting at first glance...

white frog
04-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. I have fixed all the issues that have been reported to me, and version 2.2 is now up on the download page. I will continue to address any issues for future releases!

Nugget
04-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Nice job white frog! I like how you have the collections per day factored in to determine income per day. I did the same thing on my spreadsheet and I like it much better than using incoome per hour.

Paulio
04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
This spreadsheet is phenomenal. Just wanted to drop a quick line to bring it back to the top of the thread list.

white frog
04-19-2012, 03:50 PM
This spreadsheet is phenomenal. Just wanted to drop a quick line to bring it back to the top of the thread list.
Thanks Paulio! I appreciate the kind words.

Has anyone noticed anything else that needs worked out?
I was also wondering how everyone felt about the Goal Calculator. Any thoughts?

Paulio
04-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Not finished inputting my info yet, but will provide feedback as soon as it's done.

Paulio
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Found one error: The cost of the Military Googles (Armor) should be $750, not $750,000 as listed.

msjo
04-25-2012, 10:55 PM
This is an incredible bit of work.

I found another small error. On the defense equipment analysis sheet (Defense), the modifier for a smaller than maximum for level size mafia isn't carried through to anything besides guns. This is easily corrected by changing the formula at the top of each category (i.e., E379, E518, E717, E750) to =MIN(Summary!F6*5, 500, Summary!F7) [thus adding the actual Mafia size from the summary page].

msjo
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
This is an incredible bit of work.

I found another small error. On the defense equipment analysis sheet (Defense), the modifier for a smaller than maximum for level size mafia isn't carried through to anything besides guns. This is easily corrected by changing the formula at the top of each category (i.e., E379, E518, E717, E750) to =MIN(Summary!F6*5, 500, Summary!F7) [thus adding the actual Mafia size from the summary page].

Same issue also arises on the attack page and can be corrected the same way.

xclusiv
04-25-2012, 11:00 PM
very nice job

Synergy
04-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Great contribution to the cc forum community. Very impressive indeed. Nice work man.