PDA

View Full Version : Questions by a noob

Lionheart3239
04-18-2012, 02:30 AM
I assume you can't convert anything to gold (like cash) in this game, so what's the best thing to buy with 24 gold bars that I earned for free.

I get a +3 or +4 on my cash, energy, gold bars. This happens before time counts down and I don't notice a increase of any sort. What do these stand for?

I have noticed players with higher levels are don't have a lot of defense buildings but lots of equipment, should I buy more equipment than upgrading my defense towers. I'm at level 24.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it better to wait and make more cash than to go to cities and keep on upgrading my level. I have reached level 24 in less than 2 days. When I look at other players at the same level I notice that they have higher upgrades in money building and defense. Therefore I decided from now on to not upgrade my energy so I can get through the levels quicker and instead to upgrade my buildings and stamina. I have been upgrading my attack skills but i have read that it is better to upgrade defense skills.

Finally I have noticed other players at the near same level with really good loot items like a GTR car. How were they able to obtain this item for example?
Not every building that I have attacked/looted under maps with the surprise sign, I got an item for. Is this normal? I haven't been able to get equipment items for a while now, at least not on consistence bases.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Aid
04-18-2012, 02:44 AM
I have never seen a +3 or four for cash or gold, for energy and stamina a +3 will flash right as 3 energy or stamina is added.
Regarding defense buildings, many opinions on this, some think defense buildings work, others do not. I would not waste money on guard towers. Do a search on defense buildings for related threads.
The GTR was a crate item, gold purchase. The loot drops are percentage based, just because you can get a loot does not mean you will.
See the stickied thread best of the best guides, this will provide a lot of information

mac daddy
04-18-2012, 02:50 AM
I agree with Aid... hit the best of guides, you'll learn a lot.

As far as gold, I'd continue to hit Tapjoy and save for a Pirate Tavern. Crazy improvement to your economy.

If I had it to to over, I would have camped at your level, focus on building economy. I also would suggest using RP for Chain Whips, Full Body Armor, and eventually the Excelero.

mnju_03
04-18-2012, 02:56 AM
+1million aid!

Lionheart3239
04-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Thank you Aid and mac daddy for the quick replies.

Other than buying weapons and adding mafia members, is there any other way to boost my attack skills?

Do any of the money generating buildings give any other special boosts? for example Gun shop, a boost on attack power? I have read somewhere that the coffee building which I still don't see under by store allows you to restore your energy. Is this true?

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 03:59 AM
I have read somewhere that the coffee building which I still don't see under by store allows you to restore your energy. Is this true?

Ok, i just giggled like a school girl.

No, that was a suggestion by someone and not real.

Santa
04-18-2012, 04:01 AM
You should be farming a weapon, not buying it. Farmed items are usually better value than cash equipment. Use the spreadsheets to find a suitable item.

Lionheart3239
04-18-2012, 04:21 AM

Now, I'm laughing too!!! Too bad I want it a Starbucks.

Sasha54
04-18-2012, 05:43 AM

That actually was in the FB version of CC

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 05:44 AM
That actually was in the FB version of CC

Yes and was suggested by someone for ios but nothing came of it, unfortunately

Lionheart3239
04-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Alright, what is meant by farming a weapon? I understand that some of the terms on this forum don't exactly stand for their regular english use. Ex: Crate isn't an actual box you might find on maps, but is a purchased equipment by gold.

So is farming is when you go on one of the maps and look for weapon/equipment in one of the buildings?

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Alright, what is meant by farming a weapon? I understand that some of the terms on this forum don't exactly stand for their regular english use. Ex: Crate isn't an actual box you might find on maps, but is a purchased equipment by gold.

So is farming is when you go on one of the maps and look for weapon/equipment in one of the buildings?

Correct, NPC's also

There is a loot spreadsheet in the best of guides that shows what loot can randomly drop from which jobs, There are more current ones around but i dont have a link handy. That one will get you started though.

frenda
04-18-2012, 06:35 AM
The boost buildings in Modern War are pretty cool, but the jury is still out on how much they actually help. But it's something else fun we could be building in our hoods. Imagine the royalties for Funzio if they struck a deal with Starbucks... Geez, who's their marketing guy, get him on the phone for me... :)

Swifty
04-18-2012, 06:56 AM
OK, I am going to do this correctly this time. First, we want to you post questions and discuss the topics on these forums.
Second, RTFM! Read the stickied best of best guides. More than once. Examine the spreadsheets until your eyes bleed.

Because how are you going to ask questions if you don't know what you don't know?