PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Allies, Real vs "Grunt"

FromAfar
04-17-2012, 11:37 PM
ok folks, pardon the newb question, but i have one. my apoligies.

is one type of allie better then another? player / real person VS "grunt"?

just curious. it is my LIMITED understanding that allies just give you the ability to bring more of YOUR units into battle when attacking or defending. you don't get a direct benefit of the other players strong / indestructible units, you only get more of the units you own. if that is the case, they the type of allie you have should make a difference. OR DOES IT?

aside from the fact that you gain an allie when you may or may not want one, is there any reason that one may be better then the other?

or i guess that if you make someone an allie that is beating the tar out of you, you are able to save more money. ?so? just wondering. and, i guess if you have strength in depth, you do get a reward for being "deep".

thanks in advance folks!

War Priest
04-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Nothing special about it. Just the fact that you can remove a human anytime you want.

All the allies, grunt or human, are the same.

vball
04-18-2012, 06:47 AM
For me am wanting to keep allies to people I know on the boards.

WP, AO, Stricker and others are helpful and you get to know them and would rather have that than the random ally offer or worse yet a grunt.

As I continue to gain in levels, and hearing from other top players, alliances at those levels are important and allows to try and help each other.

Power*
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Extra Allies have a value of 17g from the specials menu , since most of us don't need or want the grunts why not have the option to sell the grunt for the half value as with buildings? just a thought - 8g return on grunts would make them loved and not just a waste of a slot especially if you have levelled to fast being naive from start up and have hasd to ditch a large amount of allies to allow time to restructure... the powers that be probably wouldn't go for it but sounds good to me :D

RedLabit
04-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Real Allies have 3 benefits:

- They don't attack you.

- You can check on their base any time. If the ally is a strong player, you can learn a lot from looking at their stats and army make up.

- A not so impt benefit is the 1k gift they give you when you visit them.