PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else confused about...

blondealex
04-17-2012, 10:11 PM
The rare monsters?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24974-New-Stuff!

dudeman
04-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes I am. Hopefully it will be something that involves either skills or perseverance and dedication in order to win. The scratchers are obviously another luck thing, so hopefully the rare monsters will be something a little more different.

I guess they really want people to start doing the maps and stop farming single jobs.

blondealex
04-17-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm worried that it will be a hunting mission. I spend enough of my time playing CC as it is.

Santa
04-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Hopefully it's not a set time every day. I mean what if a good "monster" only appears when I'm sleeping? Maybe it's time zone based...

These rare monsters better drop some good loot. Same with scratchers. I'm assuming she meant that after the complimentary daily one, the scratchers are only purchasable with gold. :(

Would be nice if you payed like 100k and go 100 gold. :P

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Sounds like a wild goose chase to distract.

Aid
04-18-2012, 04:02 AM
Paying in game cash to get a scratcher hopefully is shelved until they fix the free cash problem. Would rather all of the glitches be fixed, and players stripped of their gear prior to scratchers, game chat and the like.

enahs1
04-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Monsters? In crime city? What? Lol shouldnt it be Mobsters? ;)

Whoopdido1980
04-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Hopefully it's not a set time every day. I mean what if a good "monster" only appears when I'm sleeping? Maybe it's time zone based...

Agreed. It'll be cool if a monster (mobster?) appears in a certain map each day and you simply have to visit te map to find him/her/it. It'll be absolutely ridiculous if the monster jumps around and you just have to be lucky to wander onto the map it happens to be on at that particular time. There are close to 50 maps at this point. It wouldn't be a big deal to visit each map once per day as long as you knew you'd run into the monster eventually, but it would be beyond tedious if you literally had to stumble upon the monster. The chances of going to the right map at the right time would be extremely low if the monster jumps around. As long as the monster stays on one specific map for the whole day it'll be cool.

Swifty
04-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Once again I am out of the loop.

I did not get the memo on wandering mobsters.

Whoopdido1980
04-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Sounds like a wild goose chase to distract.

I take it you'll never be satisfied with anything new Funzio comes up with. Anything new will just be to distract us or take the heat off of all the problems?

We've asked for new stuff and they're giving it to us and you still complain?

Whoopdido1980
04-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Once again I am out of the loop.

I did not get the memo on wandering mobsters.

Announcement section.

Swifty
04-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I read that in the announcement section but it seems like they should have sent me my own personal memo.

And complaining is severely underrated.

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 06:18 AM
I take it you'll never be satisfied with anything new Funzio comes up with. Anything new will just be to distract us or take the heat off of all the problems?

You're clueless,

Dont put words in my mouth.

I definitely dont do anything but complain, so pound sand

By distracting i meant from endless one job farming and non stop TL's on lo powered players.

Instead of assuming you could have asked.

So save that attitude for your family reunions

BigCheese
04-18-2012, 06:29 AM
wow FZ marketing gimmick... now go and cut your real life credit card to avoid overspend

Swifty
04-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Fiendishly clever marketing gimmick.

People are going to buy tons of gold to gamble with.

beaux
04-18-2012, 06:48 AM
There ya go hit the nail on the head.

Sasha54
04-18-2012, 06:53 AM

New stuff is one thing - BUT if it's just another gold grab - then not so good!

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 07:17 AM
I wonder if this was a variation of my Event thread

doinkent
04-18-2012, 07:23 AM

it happens everytime funzio brings something new out, always people thinking its to balance it all out. gota get used to it on these forums

Whoopdido1980
04-18-2012, 07:31 AM
You're clueless,

By distracting i meant from endless one job farming and non stop TL's on lo powered players.

Good grief man...calm down. I'm sorry for assuming. Like doinkent mentioned, people complain all the time on this forum and usually whenever an event starts people complain that it was only to take the players minds off the "bad stuff" that's going on. Again, sorry for assuming, but chill out dude. No need to mention my family.

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Good grief man...calm down. I'm sorry for assuming. Like doinkent mentioned, people complain all the time on this forum and usually whenever an event starts people complain that it was only to take the players minds off the "bad stuff" that's going on. Again, sorry for assuming, but chill out dude.

You're not the first person who has tried to say all i do is complain and frankly I'm tired of it.

You dont know me so dont make false statements based on assumptions or whatever made you decide to throw that out there like that.

I contribute a lot to this "community" and deserve a little better.

If you were a noob it might be understandable but you've been around a long while and should know thats not how i roll.

Thats all I'm gonna say on this subject.

corbbb
04-18-2012, 07:44 AM
You're clueless,

So... You don't do anything but complain?

mnju_03
04-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Dude, stop complaining. Lol

corbbb
04-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Seriously, such a complainer

Swifty
04-18-2012, 08:01 AM
-1 corbbb

Unnecessary provocation.

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 08:03 AM
-1 corbbb

Unnecessary provocation.
+1 Swiper.

Frank Lucas
04-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Anyone located the so called monsters yet?

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Anyone located the so called monsters yet?

I think we might get an in game notification like when the events are live.

Jill
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Seriously, such a complainer

Sounds like you are the one complaining .

We are a forum, made up of all sorts of people, some smart with programming, some good at giving advise, some great with economy stats, some very humorous and some like me who just enjoy the family feeling in this forum.

Let's keep together guys, we have enough problems in the game without turning on ourselves.

Swifty
04-18-2012, 08:28 AM
+1 Jill

A welcome injection of wisdom into the conversation.

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Sounds like you are the one complaining .

We are a forum, made up of all sorts of people, some smart with programming, some good at giving advise, some great with economy stats, some very humorous and some like me who just enjoy the family feeling in this forum.

Let's keep together guys, we have enough problems in the game without turning on ourselves.
5 Stars for Jill YO!

Whoopdido1980
04-18-2012, 09:05 AM
You're not the first person who has tried to say all i do is complain and frankly I'm tired of it.

You dont know me so dont make false statements based on assumptions or whatever made you decide to throw that out there like that.

I contribute a lot to this "community" and deserve a little better.

If you were a noob it might be understandable but you've been around a long while and should know thats not how i roll.

Thats all I'm gonna say on this subject.

Once again. Chill. You're taking this far too seriously.

i need muney
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
I thought a scratcher is that thing you use to scratch your back ?:/

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
I thought a scratcher is that thing you use to scratch your back ?:/

Lol, like Lotto Scratchers :x

mnju_03
04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Lol, like Lotto Scratchers :x

I don't gamble, it's a sin.

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't gamble, it's a sin.
Oh I see, I sinned and came home with an extra 3K on my cruise :D

mnju_03
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Wanna grab a drink? lol

Crime City Mark
04-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I heard something about rare lobsters?

Nicholost
04-18-2012, 01:53 PM
...and some like me who just enjoy the family feeling in this forum.

I don't know, Jill. I'm pretty sure I've flirted with you before. So unless we are like second cousins in this forum family, I feel really dirty. :p

Honestly, like a lot of announcements, things will become more clear once the new features are released and we have time to get our hands on 'em. Until then, I am going to try and refrain from commenting, speculating, criticizing, complaining, analyzing, or badmouthing Funzio and their intentions until I get the in-game popup. Too little information at this point to develop any creditable conclusions.

Nicholost
04-18-2012, 01:54 PM

Haha! Was the announcement supposed to read as "mobersters," or was "monsters" accurate?

Crime City Mark
04-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Honestly, like a lot of announcements, things will become more clear once the new features are released and we have time to get our hands on 'em. Until then, I am going to try and refrain from commenting, speculating, criticizing, complaining, analyzing, or badmouthing Funzio and their intentions until I get the in-game popup. Too little information at this point to develop any creditable conclusions.

Feel free to speculate, that's half the fun of a spoiler. Might want to save the criticism for when there is enough information to criticize. Just a thought.

Swifty
04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Criticize early and criticize often is my motto.

Nicholost
04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Feel free to speculate, that's half the fun of a spoiler. Might want to save the criticism for when there is enough information to criticize. Just a thought.

Okay, I will then. I speculate that these PvE opponents are "mobsters" and not "monsters." :p

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Im just wondering, this wild goose hunt search for the monster at the right time and place, is this a variant of my idea of a new event I introduced (i know this isnt going to be an event im just saying) ?

Santa
04-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Speculating is better than sitting back and waiting. :)

What are you supposed to say if we're actually right? Hehe.

"Wait and see..."

Or the classic...

"Anything is possible..."

Gaming Will
04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Aaaggghhh! The suspense is killing me.

mnju_03
04-18-2012, 02:30 PM

I can't eat that...It's not kosher.

Caleb
04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I heard this is a cross-over promotion, and Kingdom Age monsters will be terrorizing Crime City hoods. On the flip-side, the wizards and knights in Kingdom Age don't stand a chance when the mafia invades their turf!

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I heard this is a cross-over promotion, and Kingdom Age monsters will be terrorizing Crime City hoods. On the flip-side, the wizards and knights in Kingdom Age don't stand a chance when the mafia invades their turf!

Sources please?

Santa
04-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Good idea Caleb!

Hey CCM and Fizzle and Co, are you taking notes?

Caleb
04-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Sources please?

Sorry Ghost - I'm just speculating like CCM suggested. Didn't really think anyone would take that seriously.

But what else could "rare monsters" be? lol...

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Sorry Ghost - I'm just speculating like CCM suggested. Didn't really think anyone would take that seriously.

But what else could "rare monsters" be? lol...

That is a crazy good idea I thought it was for real man. I would love to see that happen, it would introduce the whole forum and players to new games that they dont play (if they dont play one game or another)

Also didn't mean to sound rude, I was just wondering if I was missing out on juicy info :D

omnus
04-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Goblins running loose in the junkyard, Imps terrorizing boardwalk, and orcs trying to play secret service in the red light district! Oh no!

Jill
04-18-2012, 06:41 PM

Hoped you had a great time.....

Jill
04-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't know, Jill. I'm pretty sure I've flirted with you before. So unless we are like second cousins in this forum family, I feel really dirty. :p.

After our little fruit eating esposide ...... hello bro .... LOL

i need muney
04-18-2012, 07:08 PM
diablo walks the earth

Nicholost
04-18-2012, 08:19 PM
After our little fruit eating esposide ...... hello bro .... LOL

Yeah, I've done some crazy things on the internet, but that one takes the cake. Was it good for you?

Jill
04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I've done some crazy things on the internet, but that one takes the cake. Was it good for you?

In the words of CCMark - 'we do not discuss punitive measures. End of story'

Bruiser
04-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Now im jealous :)

Nicholost
04-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Now im jealous :)

Don't be. There's enough of me to go around. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/wink.gif

erik
04-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Lfizzle's announcement seemed to indicate scratchers were free? One per day.

But clearly it is a clever ploy by Funzio to trick us into buying something. Maybe those diamond things in Kingdom age :)

Bruiser
04-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Don't be. There's enough of me to go around. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/wink.gif

Tickets please :P

Chiefer
04-19-2012, 12:02 AM

Dude you do the same thing to me..... What's with the lean stance and why you always dissin' peeps?