PDA

View Full Version : Should I be ashamed to be called a gold spender?

Swearengen
04-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Every so often someone who doesn’t like me robbing the heck out of them, gets mad and posts on my wall something to the effect of calling me a Jack-Azz Big Gold Spender Wasting RM on a Free Game and that I couldn’t play fair so I have to spend RM.

Strangely enough for some reason this annoys me. First I am not a big gold spender, almost 75% of the gold I have used is from tapjoy. The only gold items I have are 2 smoke shops, 2 ice cream shops, a flag and half dozen bodyguard agencies.

I assume they see the big blue bodyguard agencies and thus assume I am spending tons of RM on gold. Heck I just like the look of those building, they don’t provide much def.

But WTF, I don’t blame folks for spending RM on the game if they have it to burn? Lots of whiners in CC, do you guys whine to someone if they beat you?

mnju_03
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Every so often someone who doesn’t like me robbing the heck out of them, gets mad and posts on my wall something to the effect of calling me a Jack-Azz Big Gold Spender Wasting RM on a Free Game and that I couldn’t play fair so I have to spend RM.

Strangely enough for some reason this annoys me. First I am not a big gold spender, almost 75% of the gold I have used is from tapjoy. The only gold items I have are 2 smoke shops, 2 ice cream shops, a flag and half dozen bodyguard agencies.

I assume they see the big blue bodyguard agencies and thus assume I am spending tons of RM on gold. Heck I just like the look of those building, they don’t provide much def.

But WTF, I don’t blame folks for spending RM on the game if they have it to burn? Lots of whiners in CC, do you guys whine to someone if they beat you?

I don't whine. I try to trade witty banter if it fits otherwise I ignore them... I don't get harassed a lot but I get the hate messages like that too, saying stuff that's completely stupid. I spend money on this a lot... not a lot of money but I certainly get gold a lot lately... F those guys, they just complain thinking they can get what they want by just being pushy.... I have done this though... People who have beaten me, robbed me, attacked me, given me crap... I've stalked their stats and hoods... I've purchased enough weapons and I've owned them.

I feel ya dude.

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 07:54 PM
nope, just jealous. lol

Swearengen
04-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Like I said I am not a real gold spender like lots of folks but maybe it's a compliment they think I am. :)

It's just weak to cry, especially if someone robs you or beats you for the first time and you cry about it. That just makes me want to jack with them more!

Funny stuff...

mnju_03
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Kick em while their down!!!! True deadwood style! Lol

Nicholost
04-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Seems like an open invitation to rob and beat them whenever possible.

Ghost818
04-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Even if you were , welcome to the club. I would like to see a non gold spender compare to my 55K attack at level 150. Case closed. Spend or don't spend all your choice, don't let anyone drag you down or look down upon it they are jealous.

CounterSniper
04-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I bought gold instead of groceries this week. I feel bad!

Maybe I can call in my Hind to airlift some MRE's.

Stingray
04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Why should u? Funzio created the game, and gave you a chance to buy Gold. If you're ok with spending real money on in-game funds, then go ahead. People who are whining on your wall are probably just jealous, because you're better.

TZora
04-18-2012, 12:36 AM
hmmm interesting question who ever asked. here are some options if someone leaves hate message:

1. go attack that person again or rob all of their assets over and again
2. put that person on your hit list and whenever you get the opportunity, strike them over and again until they apologize lol
3. or just ignore the hate messages. haters are like cockroaches. no matter how many times u flush them down the toilet, they always have a way to come up :D

the bottom line is, chill out. its just a game. enjoy the game. the best remedy for haters is love. they leave hate message, give em a flying kiss :rolleyes:

slackerboy
04-18-2012, 02:27 AM
I am with you Swearengen, not a RM money spender. Made gold from tapjoy and reporting issues.

The RM spenders are what drive this game, and good on them. Some of them spend soooo much money, I do wonder if they have a special support email address for issues.

I have found players though that have spend a lot of RM but still have not figured out the game ie bad stats but this could just be down to lack of time to invest.
I have attacked/robbed a number of RM spenders who get a bit upset and then repeatably hit you back with or without much success. At this point, I will remind them that they need to spend more money. It is not a question of fair, if you really want to succeed at the higher levels then gold is a must. End of the day, the game is free to play but the designers need to paid to work there.
Other than that as 499450793 mentions it is just a game, if you spend money that is your choice if you do not that is also your choice.
Each to there own. At much as everyone in the world does not want to pay for software, these guys time and effort is not free.

Jill
04-18-2012, 02:42 AM
hmmm interesting question who ever asked. here are some options if someone leaves hate message:

2. put that person on your hit list and whenever you get the opportunity, strike them over and again until they apologize lol
3. or just ignore the hate messages. haters are like cockroaches. no matter how many times u flush them down the toilet, they always have a way to come up :D

the bottom line is, chill out. its just a game. enjoy the game. the best remedy for haters is love. they leave hate message, give em a flying kiss :rolleyes:

I like your style Girl, welcome to the forum.... :)

I bought gold instead of groceries this week. I feel bad!

Maybe I can call in my Hind to airlift some MRE's.

And your impossible CS .... LOL my side is sore laughing

mnju_03
04-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Groceries or gold, duh!

Dillinja
04-18-2012, 03:00 AM
will swap kidney for 2 vaults. need upgrades asap.

Everyone has a poison, whether be drink,women,gambling,watching too much daytime TV or CC
It's no ones business what you spend your money on. If CC gives you more enjoyment than an XBOX 360 game so be it.

Haters? would happily put a 12 bore up their jacksie and leave them for dead

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 03:03 AM
And your impossible CS .... LOL my side is sore laughing

:) :) :) :)

Swearengen
04-18-2012, 05:57 AM

I like option 1 & 2...

Swearengen
04-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Kick em while their down!!!! True deadwood style! Lol

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7215/danqd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/danqd.jpg/)

TZora
04-18-2012, 06:14 AM
great to see everyone chilling out. ta jill, slackerboy, cs, swearengen and everyone else for lovin my style and for the good laughter :D

lol know what i got mad at losing the energy and stamina over and again. i sold every bit of my assets (know i'm crazy). wish i could sell the loot and weapons too (too much to ask for?). got like 14k to spend :p

expanded the hood with 12k and starting over with what's left lol ... i hate that energy and stamina thing .. read my lips ... ~ i hate it ~. but who gives a damn. it just wont let me do some odd jobs in my free time. every time i try to do something, i lose the energy and/or the stamina.

hmmm think i was earning 15k an hour but now down to like $198 an hour .. hehe thats fun!

Swifty
04-18-2012, 06:21 AM
@CounterSniper

Are those MREs any good? I see them at the local army surplus store but I have not bought any yet.

Are some flavors better than others?

CounterSniper
04-18-2012, 06:22 AM
@CounterSniper

Are those MREs any good? I see them at the local army surplus store but I have not bought any yet.

Meh,

They are enough to survive on but they can sure plug you up.

sexkitteh
04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
My 2cents...

1) if you got the money - why not use it towards something that entertains you?

2) if the guy complains... keep beating him down...

3) if the guy is an easy target... maybe... just MAYBE... don't be a jerk and **** him over and over again o_0

sexkitteh
04-18-2012, 08:01 AM
PS: I hear about the hitlist and I don't see it on my phone... is this one of those things that android users don't get as well (._.)

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 08:06 AM
PS: I hear about the hitlist and I don't see it on my phone... is this one of those things that android users don't get as well (._.)

The hit list was just something started by us forum folk for fun, no idea if its ever gonna get implemented into the game, however as CCM says "Anything is possible"

sexkitteh
04-18-2012, 08:10 AM
ohhhh ok I remember the hitlist from mafia so I assumed there was something like that in game... thank you for clearing that up :)

Vile Lynn
04-18-2012, 10:19 AM
@CounterSniper

Mind if I answer, CS? Hope not :)

Swifty... I did some wildland firefighting on a Forest Service crew for a few summers during college, had to eat MREs more than a few times, & Chicken ala King was KING! The beans & weenies were the next best. Avoid the Salisbury steak, mystery meat.

(Heh... memories... That was an awesome summer job, even for a girly-girl like me; I highly recommend it, gets you in shape, quick! And the cash is great, too!)

Vile Lynn
04-18-2012, 10:22 AM
lol@CS's answer... "that" works out well in the forest :p

Ghost818
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
ohhhh ok I remember the hitlist from mafia so I assumed there was something like that in game... thank you for clearing that up :)
Not a problem.

Vile Lynn
04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Swearengen, back to the thread, sorry for my tangent...

Consider the source... There are way too many little kids that have no self-control playing CC. Or they're terribly immature adults who like to throw around anonymous insults.

You have a great style! You're an honorable player & forum contributer. No shame in that!

ogel45
04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
I have no problem with gold spenders. In fact, I get warm fuzzies when I beat or rob them. I do scratch my head at people spending RM on this game though. I just don't get it. (I do have several gold buildings courtesy of Tapjoy) I ran into someone yesterday at lev 143 that had an income of $153/hr, had never expanded their hood, had 4 lev 1 4x4 buildings, and had spent at least $1000 on equipment to get their atk and def into the 20K range. What is up with that?

Swearengen
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Swearengen, back to the thread, sorry for my tangent...

Consider the source... There are way too many little kids that have no self-control playing CC. Or they're terribly immature adults who like to throw around anonymous insults.

You have a great style! You're an honorable player & forum contributer. No shame in that!

Thanks, it doesn't really bother me (ok maybe it is a little annoying especially when they cry after a single hit or two) but thought it would be an interesting discussion as I am sure many others have run into these whiners! Especially since real gold spenders (not tapjoy folks like myself) must get this shi_t all the time.

Santa
04-18-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't really mind. Haven't actually "spent" any RM. All from gift cards or Tapjoy.

mnju_03
04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't really mind. Haven't actually "spent" any RM. All from gift cards or Tapjoy.

I know of a Creditor that has an age requirement of 12 to apply...Just saying...

kimberleyj
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
i have yang being really *****y about it, i don't know what her problem is.

TZora
04-19-2012, 10:46 PM
lol since most of us are derailing the thread and talking off topic (pssst not complaining, enjoying), can i ask whats this tapjoy that many have talked about here? how do ya get gold outta tapjoy??

TZora
04-19-2012, 10:52 PM
oh oh i got it .. there's loads of info on that. i read that apple crackdown on them but is it still around? can u really buy gold with the help of tapjoy or is that a talk of past?

mnju_03
04-20-2012, 02:45 AM
He's right! It took me a while to realize it but boy howdy...
A real knee slapper right there! I mean, did you take a look at it? Just take a look at it!

Just do it!

Ps just bought more gold.

mnju_03
04-20-2012, 02:46 AM
That is all. kthxbye

That was supposed to be a thread, gosh darn it.

TZora
04-21-2012, 10:58 AM
so do you install all those apps on your phone to get gold? strange. one app installation gets you only 1 gold. so to get 100 gold u install 100 apps??? whoa .. u guys must love installing and deleting apps lol .. and many of those apps are just outrageous .. they want access to my personal information? what for? argh .. life isn't fair ...

TZora
04-22-2012, 12:25 AM
o i tried some of those apps .. weren't that bad .. i have now 3 gold :D

Noghri_ViR
04-22-2012, 12:43 AM
I am with you Swearengen, not a RM money spender. Made gold from tapjoy and reporting issues.

Wait a second, how do you earn gold? What's tapjoy?

Chiefer
04-22-2012, 02:58 AM
Ill only mess with the ones who don't try at all.....

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Ill only mess with the ones who don't try at all.....

Chiefy! Long time no chat, how are you? ;)

Bruce_law
04-22-2012, 08:32 AM
If you care about that other people think about what you do or about you are, you will be just a puppy of them, followingtheir wishes.

Want to use RM on the game, use it.

Swearengen
04-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Wait a second, how do you earn gold? What's tapjoy?

download tapjoy on your device, then you get free gold for downloading apps, open the app, then delete it.

TZora
04-23-2012, 08:43 PM
but just be careful about the "permissions" those apps ask for. some of the apps wanted my "personal data" like access to my messages or other personal info.

hey i gotta ask u about some of the apps on tapjoy. some of those ebooks that give u 9 gold. whenever i click to earn, it takes me to google play but gives an error 'nothing found' (or something like that). not sure what the heck it is. anyone got an idea?