PDA

View Full Version : PvP loss rates the worse I have ever seen

Agent Orange
04-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I normally expect to see a spike in PvP losses after an event as that seems to be the normal routine for the programmers. They drop the rates a bit during the event and about 24 hours later it starts to spike upwards again.

But the current rates are ridiculous, I just hit someone with a handful of anti aircraft weapons but lost 6 Super Hornets? They were also 1/4 the strength of my force.

Up till now when folks were posting reports of bad rates I was sort of in the middle but this is by far the worse I have seen which makes valor hunting a useless mission since you will loose even more than you lost before with no gain.

Poopenshire
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
I did more test PVP to see and yea losing both super hornets and stealth frigates regularly. My money units are still dying at a high pace.

el_gringo
04-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah pvp sucks major donkey balls right now, somethings afoot.

Agent Orange
04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
This might be tied to those new ridiculously priced valour units that came out today.

Oh well maybe folks will stop attacking each other especially if the rivals list has also
been changed. I can't say I notice the latter so far.

Warfiend
04-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Might have something to do with the upcoming "PVP levels"...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24975-PVP-Level!

Agent Orange
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Might have something to do with the upcoming "PVP levels"...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24975-PVP-Level!

Now this is interesting, all the PvP units that popped up earlier are gone!

The highest I could get was some sort of fighter that had 77 attack/61 defence was PvP rank Item 7 and cost 200,000 valour! Next highest was a tank at Rank item 6 for 100,000 valour and 37/41 stats.

They just didn't seem worth it for those numbers, wonder if they were recalled so that the costs could be dropped to a more realistic level.

bigflan
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Ahhhhhh I only have 4k of valor but I'm level 32 so it becomes hard to. Buy those units and it would be reasonable if the price was say 10k for the top unit 8k for the lv6 one and just like that so I could buy one this would be reasonable pricing

JMC
04-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Only did a few attacks today and noticed i lost about 15 valor units in 30 attacks against players with 6K defence 1.5K defence and 8K defence all vs my 54K attack.

Jp lfs
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
This might be tied to those new ridiculously priced valour units that came out today.

Oh well maybe folks will stop attacking each other especially if the rivals list has also
been changed. I can't say I notice the latter so far.

I posted something in a different thread earlier today about this. The final prize of the last event was a valor bonus for attacking only, then new units are released that are at a super expensive valor cost, but indestructible. So my feeling was that the casualty rates were about to spike, therefore increasing the value of the new units. If your SH's are suddenly dropping like flies, you'll be forced to consider the new ones instead.

Freekizh
04-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Agreed something changed with valor units - i just have like 5 SF and I still lost some. Unbelievable.

JMC
04-17-2012, 09:57 PM
There has to be more to the new units than just indestructibility. Even if the casualty rate is crazy high, it's still much more worth it to purchase 165 super hornets instead of 1 unit.

Jp lfs
04-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I lost more units yesterday in about 2 hours of active raiding/attacking than I have in the past month combined. No joke.

SeqWins
04-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Excuse the lack of MW terminology knowledge but what is PVP?

JohnnyR
04-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Excuse the lack of MW terminology knowledge but what is PVP?

Player Versus Player.

Check out my sig if ya got any more questions. :)

Jp, my strategy is now dead. Losing Super Hornets on raids now....3 to a guy with 1/3 defense to my attack, and everything else like crazy. I can't find anybody to attack, everything is jacked up. If I can't play, then I won't. Let's see what the devs have planned, but if there's no change I encourage everyone to make your voices heard to the devs. Game is unplayable for me right now and I thought I had this thing cracked just a few days ago....I am still trying to strategize around this, but I don't see anymore toeholds to hang on....

SeqWins
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Got it lol, thanks

bigflan
04-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Same here I keep losing commandos can't keep up with it anymore

Freekizh
04-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah PvP is pretty scary now, and I don't even have any SH and only a few SF. But I am losing some expensive cash units. I am so careful about attacking nowdays.

I am just going to camp until the developers come out with the new stuff to see where we go from here.

possum
04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
I haven't noticed much of a change, of course I tend to avoid attacking or raiding anything near my attack score. When I do attack or raid people who have defense scores that are roughly 10k or less away from my attack score, I notice a difference. But even then I lose one unit at most and I bring about 800 units to the fight based on my ally count. Anything beyond that and I rarely lose anything.

I'm curious if other people are bumping their infirmary? I have the 20% ambulance and I still make an effort to bump it, granted it's a long, painful upgrade past the third upgrade, but worth it in my opinion. One thing I do notice is that while my infirmary is under construction, my casualty rate skyrockets, almost like it offers no support at all while under construction.

Can anyone confirm this or am I being delusional again, lol.

JMC
04-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I haven't noticed much of a change, of course I tend to avoid attacking or raiding anything near my attack score. When I do attack or raid people who have defense scores that are roughly 10k or less away from my attack score, I notice a difference. But even then I lose one unit at most and I bring about 800 units to the fight based on my ally count. Anything beyond that and I rarely lose anything.

I'm curious if other people are bumping their infirmary? I have the 20% ambulance and I still make an effort to bump it, granted it's a long, painful upgrade past the third upgrade, but worth it in my opinion. One thing I do notice is that while my infirmary is under construction, my casualty rate skyrockets, almost like it offers no support at all while under construction.

Can anyone confirm this or am I being delusional again, lol.

Can't confirm it, since it can't really be tested, but seeing as boosts are not lost when upgrading other boost buildings, the casualty rate boost should not be lost either.

JMC
04-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Player Versus Player.

Jp, my strategy is now dead. Losing Super Hornets on raids now....3 to a guy with 1/3 defense to my attack, and everything else like crazy. I can't find anybody to attack, everything is jacked up. If I can't play, then I won't. Let's see what the devs have planned, but if there's no change I encourage everyone to make your voices heard to the devs. Game is unplayable for me right now and I thought I had this thing cracked just a few days ago....I am still trying to strategize around this, but I don't see anymore toeholds to hang on....

Seems like you're just getting into the casualty rate that the high levels have been experiencing for months. You really should not touch anyone thats above 20 or 25% of your strength.

Jp lfs
04-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Player Versus Player.

I'm with you. Just when I was starting to track results to help with your research, things went haywire. I lost 3 SH's in 3 attacks earlier on a player with 1/10th my stats and no boost at all or inventory. Horrifying.

Sepi
04-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Hmm, have you guys Infirmary on what level or luckily got the Recovery Unit/Response Unit/Armed Infirmary? My casualties seem more like random now (got the Response Unit and level 4 Infirmary for total of 28 % reduction in casualties), I lose either some Tree Snipers or Leopards, rarely any unit bought with Valor.

Chiefer
04-19-2012, 01:57 AM
I agree, the balance of expanding my economy and maintaining the troops is not there.

StuN
04-19-2012, 01:58 AM
It would be interesting to know what people's infirmary lvls are, compared to their losses

cheiz
04-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Hmm, have you guys Infirmary on what level or luckily got the Recovery Unit/Response Unit/Armed Infirmary? My casualties seem more like random now (got the Response Unit and level 4 Infirmary for total of 28 % reduction in casualties), I lose either some Tree Snipers or Leopards, rarely any unit bought with Valor.

Ah, now I get it. The 20% casualty reduction has actually resulted in a 20% casualty increase for all players without the Response Unit...

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I actually have the response unit, just a lvl 1 infirmary for now, but a decent number of gold units. Lvl 88 player, with a healthy amount of skill points invested in attack and defense, and the player I was attacking had literally 1/10th of my numbers. I was only using him to complete a valor mission. Cost me way more than I received from what I considered a "soft target."

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Player Versus Player.

Please don't quit, man. I am with you 100% on trying to crack this thing. Many posts have been made about finding a "sweet spot" with a certain combination of level, allies, and troop density. I am more interested than ever on tracking results and doing controlled tests to try to adapt and work within the system.

JohnnyR
04-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Ah, now I get it. The 20% casualty reduction has actually resulted in a 20% casualty increase for all players without the Response Unit...

After buying a bunch of global hawk drones, had to wonder if I was suffering friendly fire when my SHs began to drop like flies...

JohnnyR
04-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Please don't quit, man. I am with you 100% on trying to crack this thing. Many posts have been made about finding a "sweet spot" with a certain combination of level, allies, and troop density. I am more interested than ever on tracking results and doing controlled tests to try to adapt and work within the system.

Not yet. I am not getting hopes up for the new changes though. Density and econ are my focus for now, halting PVP till I can go half ally and be able to defend myself and work my way up to full ally when I can start getting stealth drones. Benefit of the devs cutting the rivals range is there are fewer above you to be wary of. I could deal with the stronger guys with double my allies trying to crack me though by collecting and spending my out of vault cash...

Freekizh
04-19-2012, 08:52 AM
I am on level 4 infirmary upgrade - But I am so bored waiting for the upgrade and new PvP level thingy, I am selling buildings and rebuilding them for a bit of fun.

Camping is torture...how can you do this for weeks?

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 09:11 AM

I agree! I am guessing I will be forced to do plenty of camping very soon when I cross the threshold into whale territory. So I am trying to enjoy PvP as much as I can while I still can.

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
It helps to have an LLP, a CC account, and 2 KA accounts, so I feel like I am always doing something... oh yeah, and work, lol.

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM
I am on level 4 infirmary upgrade - But I am so bored waiting for the upgrade and new PvP level thingy, I am selling buildings and rebuilding them for a bit of fun.

I don't know how people do it either. It takes a great deal of patience, which unfortunately I don't have. I think playing other games helps distract you.

I'm about to try and camp for a while. I love to play, but I don't want to get bombarded too much as I move up in levels, and I'm getting up there now. However, it's very tempting. That's why I downloaded the game...to PLAY.

JMC
04-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Noticed something with the casualty rate when attacking. I was attacking someone that is very weak compared to me and i was losing 1 or 2 valor units every fight. So i stopped attacking them because of that and soon after got a news report that i had been attacked. Checked my base and my composites factory was destroyed. Repaired it and went back to attack that same guy and other people with more stats. Had low casualties and more meatshields dying than valor units. So im guessing that defence actually comes into play somehow when it comes to how many casualties you take. Either that or possibly the composites factory doing something.

Freekizh
04-19-2012, 05:27 PM
JMC I found my losses have stabilized recently - wonder if they tweaked it a little bit. I am still very nervous when I attack though.

Freekizh
04-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't know how people do it either. It takes a great deal of patience, which unfortunately I don't have. I think playing other games helps distract you.

I'm about to try and camp for a while. I love to play, but I don't want to get bombarded too much as I move up in levels, and I'm getting up there now. However, it's very tempting. That's why I downloaded the game...to PLAY.

Are you worried about getting close to 90 level? Your stats are solid! I'm so glad I won't be there for a long long time...

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Are you worried about getting close to 90 level? Your stats are solid! I'm so glad I won't be there for a long long time...

Worried?? Lol...nah, not really. I'm curious, but what is there to be worried about? Nobody really wins $ anymore in attacks, and I try my best to keep my defense stats up. I have lost under 100 battles out of over 3000, so even if I lose in higher levels I'm in a good place.

To add, some of my allies are in the 90+ levels, and my stats are better than theirs now. If I keep building and growing I think I will be ok.

procsyzarc
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Just did 10 attacks and didn't lose anything (to be fair though I have only lost 1 unit in my last 9500 fight though), also not seeing the high valor units people are talking about.

Col.34w
04-21-2012, 06:39 AM
PvP is unplayable for me anymore. Ridiculous losses for minimal gains. If this is the way MW is headed then what is the point of playing anymore? Collect, upgrade, purchase, repeat. Boring at best. I guess if you want action KA is the way to go, but what will be different about it KA in the future?

Hellstorm
04-23-2012, 01:19 AM
What the hell... I lost like 20.000 units so far, at least... Over 150 super hornets amongst those losses. I'm done attacking. Going to lean back and build defense as well as focus on upgrades. Lvl 93 now

Jhoemel
04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Someone just attacked me for 1 time, and what do u think i lost.... A super hornet, such a waste