PDA

View Full Version : Reward me

Tctiger
04-17-2012, 05:36 PM
How about rewarding the totally free players for a change , maybe rewards at points in the game like when you have won so many battles or reach an income level ect give us a chance . Also the over priced units for valor have gone again , hope that wasn't our special prize for 9 parts that would suck , hopefully the prices were a typo.

Copenhagen
04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Your reward IS getting to play the game for free. Why would a business encourage people not to be paying customers? You do realize that there is an expense that is born by gold players so that you can play for "free". This entitlement is the core of everything that is wrong with the US.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Your welcome guys... :D

Besides, we don't get special "rewards" for being gold buyers. We buy what we want.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
WP has a point, no one really gets rewards. One way or another everything is earned.

Modern Warrior
04-19-2012, 01:45 PM
My guess is that the majority of players are free players, or low spend gold players. However, these are the guys that probably provide the majority of the word of mouth advertising that encourages others to take up the game. A % of the new recruits will become gold players, so there is value in encouraging the free players from a business point of view.

StuN
04-19-2012, 01:46 PM
WP has a point, no one really gets rewards. One way or another everything is earned.By my wife in my case, I must remember to thank her for my gold. For some reason I forget to mention it lol

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 02:47 PM
This entitlement is the core of everything that is wrong with the US.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure I would have thrown that punch quite so hard. Lol. Well put.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
By my wife in my case, I must remember to thank her for my gold. For some reason I forget to mention it lol

I owe my wife the same thing, I just didn't tell her yet!

Crime City Mark
04-19-2012, 04:08 PM
So, the events that give free items aren't rewards? How about the promotions we do where you get items for trying out our games for free? Oh, I know! We could give every player who joins our game, for free, 10 gold.

Yes, we encourage players to spend gold. You get more out of the game that way, and it allows us to keep the servers running. Then again, you're perfectly welcome to play for free and I'd like to think there's a lot of stuff to do with more constantly being added.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Very well said Crime City Mark...

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
I only got 3 gold for free when I started Modern War. I guess they increased the amount since I joined...

Crime City Mark
04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Nah, you received 10, and I can prove it. I even know what you spent it on.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Almost a little creepy. That would be funnier if you weren't a Dev!

bigflan
04-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey crime city mark what items did I get in every crate I bought

War Priest
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
I only got 3 gold for free when I started Modern War. I guess they increased the amount since I joined...

Haha, nice try Sugarymama. :p

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Haha, nice try Sugarymama. :p

Lol! I'm serious! I really only got 3. I only remember because once I started playing a while I said to myself "I can't even get anything with this measley 3 gold"...lol

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 04:32 PM

Please do. I seriously remember only getting 3 because I couldn't use it to purchase anything. Everything cost more. I ended up buying more eventually.

Warfiend
04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
This game has better and more interesting rewards available to free players of any game in its genre that I've personally played on a mobile device.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Sugarymama probably never get traffic tickets either!

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
This game has better and mode interesting rewards available to free players of any game in its genre that I've personally played on a mobile device.

I don't see them as rewards because we do earn them. Even with events you perform tasks. Some items may come easier than others, but I feel everything I have in the game I earned. It feels better to earn it.

Sugarymama
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Sugarymama probably never get traffic tickets either!

Lol...oh you got jokes..

I'm a good girl. Honestly. ;)

War Priest
04-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't see them as rewards because we do earn them. Even with events you perform tasks. Some items may come easier than others, but I feel everything I have in the game I earned. It feels better to earn it.

It is a reward either way to me. I mean, you usually earn rewards. You only give the dog a bone for a trick.. You know.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:45 PM
You have a point WP. Might have to rethink my point of view.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 04:47 PM
You have a point WP. Might have to rethink my point of view.

Haha, think of it this way. We are awarded 10 gold at the beginning of the game, but we are rewarded with units during the event.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Now your a little too much in one direction. Are you awarded with unemployment or welfare? No, they are also not awards nor rewards, but the are given (used for example only). I would see the initial not as an award but as part of the game. It's strategy here. How best to use your first 10.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Now your a little too much in one direction. Are you awarded with unemployment or welfare? No, they are also not awards nor rewards, but the are given (used for example only). I would see the initial not as an award but as part of the game. It's strategy here. How best to use your first 10.

No, you awarded 10 gold for joining the game. Basically to trick you into getting more so it will be useful. And you are rewarded for the events. You wouldn't get any units at all if you didn't participate and get the goal items.

Point being though, they didn't have to give us 10 free gold.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Both good points again, still not sure I am convinced, but I see your point. You pose a good argument.

marebear
04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Please do. I seriously remember only getting 3 because I couldn't use it to purchase anything. Everything cost more. I ended up buying more eventually.Are you sure you didn't use them to upgrade in the beginning? I didn't know you didn't have to use them. @cc mark... Thanks for the free stuff (seriously) I love the events!!! I buy gold now because of them.

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Are you sure you didn't use them to upgrade in the beginning? I didn't know you didn't have to use them. @cc mark... Thanks for the free stuff (seriously) I love the events!!! I buy gold now because of them.

I must second that, because of the 2nd event I bought gold.

Agent Orange
04-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Well I know where 1 went right off the bat, in the tutorial it gets you to spend 1 gold to instantly complete a building. I think it was for infantry but it's been a long time and I don't remember 100%.

There are quite a few instances where you can accidentally spend gold such as clicking the wrong link and finishing a building. In the very beginning there was a glitch with the vaults where they would not finish upgrading and it was easy to accidentally spend gold to clear the glitch. I think it was fixed though.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Well I know where 1 went right off the bat, in the tutorial it gets you to spend 1 gold to instantly complete a building. I think it was for infantry but it's been a long time and I don't remember 100%.

There are quite a few instances where you can accidentally spend gold such as clicking the wrong link and finishing a building. In the very beginning there was a glitch with the vaults where they would not finish upgrading and it was easy to accidentally spend gold to clear the glitch. I think it was fixed though.

Yes, it was for the barracks. But it could be avoided to keep your 10 gold.

Warfiend
04-19-2012, 06:04 PM

I get where you're coming from. In my view, the fact that you can earn such things as a free player makes this game stand out from the others I've played. That's basically what I mean.

I'd almost feel bad for using up Funzio's resources as I have as a free player, but I know the more than 400 gold I've gotten through tapjoy they've made money on. And they'll keep making money on me that way as long as the offers keep appearing. I know it doesn't pay for their back rubs and luxury cars, but War Priest has those covered. :D

War Priest
04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I get where you're coming from. In my view, the fact that you can earn such things as a free player makes this game stand out from the others I've played. That's basically what I mean.

I'd almost feel bad for using up Funzio's resources as I have as a free player, but I know the more than 400 gold I've gotten through tapjoy they've made money on. And they'll keep making money on me that way as long as the offers keep appearing. I know it doesn't pay for their back rubs and luxury cars, but War Priest has those covered. :D

Haha, that's funny. :)

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 09:12 PM
So, the events that give free items aren't rewards? How about the promotions we do where you get items for trying out our games for free? Oh, I know! We could give every player who joins our game, for free, 10 gold.

Yes, we encourage players to spend gold. You get more out of the game that way, and it allows us to keep the servers running. Then again, you're perfectly welcome to play for free and I'd like to think there's a lot of stuff to do with more constantly being added.

Wow! Mad respect for CC Mark for jumping on this one himself to drop the hammer! Especially with a CC event going on and a new game launch in process. You really do care about us!

Mcdoc
04-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks for your participation in this thread Mark. It truly was a ridiculous thread to begin with.

Maverick50727
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM

LOL, Well said!!!

Yes I know I'm a free player too. I play that way for the challenge as I know I can't compete with those that spend $20-30K. No offense as I love the game that the gold players pay for, but I would only ever spend $50-100 on any game if I did spend. Maybe if I won the lottery.

I wonder what % of people are "free". It would be curious to know. I know I add value in the forums (helping people and keeping them in the game) and as free advertisement which is the genius behind your model. I can tell you for a fact that I have turned at least 10 people onto the game, 2 of which I know have spent money. That is the value of the free player and the fact that one day I might even buy gold (but not much).

TapyJoy is a great scheme for us to earn "free" gold to help you and other businesses advertise their products. I really hope that continues, even though I have not had the time to explore this fully. As for the three events thus far, I never got the 10th prize but enjoyed the free loot and the fact you introduced a way for "free" players to get indestructible units as rewards. I haven't tried Kingdom Age yet, but will soon just for that reward.

Keep it coming!!! I'm really interested in the new PVP Ranking and if that will help the "free" players better compete. Waiting on more details. The longer you keep us free players around and happy the more we will advertise for you in a positive vs. negative way. Win for everyone. :)

Tctiger
04-20-2012, 10:26 AM
You have to be rich to buy gold stuff , compare it with how much it would cost to get a ps3 ect or with other iPhone games , I really don't know how these kind of prices can be justified , if it was say 30 p or even £3 I may be temped to buy a boat ect but if you want a top boat you have to spend £70 to get enough gold that is crazy when the top ps3 titles 45 for the whole game not just a gu or a boat, surely they would get a lot more players like me paying for gold if it was a realistic price, if they want the game to grow and survive that is , and not just milk the few who do.Saying I should be great full for playing for free is an insult if funzio said that I would uninstall.

Tctiger
04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Like the 10 part items that boost army , if there is a very small chance free players can win them why not give them for reaching big targets like say 10000 attack wins which would take me about a year or two to achieve but give me a way to eventually owning them for sure, could be something different but the skill is in building not buying and the skill should be rewarded or should you not get rewards for playing the game well not just spending your own money? The game would be better if you got to the top through gameplay like a normal game that is not all about your own real money. No skill or satisfaction in outspending real cash that's what makes a game in my opinion , get respect as a good player not a wealthy one !

Tctiger
04-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Just my opinions , I know it is too late to change the game as some have spent big , maybe funzio are trying to sort it out a bit with the special events if there is a chance to win the 10 part stuff for free players . I aim to build a respectable free army and base just hope I can still play as a free player at the higher levels ?? Hope so as love the game and takes a long long time!!

Jp lfs
04-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Like the 10 part items that boost army , if there is a very small chance free players can win them why not give them for reaching big targets like say 10000 attack wins which would take me about a year or two to achieve but give me a way to eventually owning them for sure, could be something different but the skill is in building not buying and the skill should be rewarded or should you not get rewards for playing the game well not just spending your own money? The game would be better if you got to the top through gameplay like a normal game that is not all about your own real money. No skill or satisfaction in outspending real cash that's what makes a game in my opinion , get respect as a good player not a wealthy one !

I've got almost 10k attack wins in just a few months. You'd be shocked at how effective just a little GOLD can be to boosting your stats and increase your enjoyment of the game.

Aidan
04-20-2012, 11:03 AM
I've got almost 10k attack wins in just a few months. You'd be shocked at how effective just a little GOLD can be to boosting your stats and increase your enjoyment of the game.

Jp, little is such an understatement for describing ur army. Lol
I do agree with the dude on one thing tho. If they drop the price a bit lower, many will convert n buy gold. U just hv to look at the fact tht MW is in the top grossing apps whenever there is a sales going on.

Jp lfs
04-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Jp, little is such an understatement for describing ur army. Lol

You're right. And thanks! But I just meant at the beginning. Not at the level I am now. I think my first $20-50 put me ahead of everyone in stats for about 20 levels. That's cheaper than one new game for the PS3.

Aidan
04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
You're right. And thanks! But I just meant at the beginning. Not at the level I am now. I think my first $20-50 put me ahead of everyone in stats for about 20 levels. That's cheaper than one new game for the PS3.

Tht's true. On my LLP i spent about 50 euro on crates n i'm ahead of 95% of my rivals. I do hv some strategy in place in addition to tht spending. But I guess tht is what the dude trying to say. Any dude who has money can buy their success instantly without having any strategy or skills in place. A skillful free player can still give a challenge to them tho. At least in the low n medium lvl. However tht's just the way it is. If u wanna play a fair game then go play ps3 or xbox. Apps game is n will never be fair. The business model n strategy is completely different.

Tctiger
04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Well I managed to get people talking about it , first posts I made had about 3 replies , interesting to read other peoples views although I'm not going to start kissing people's feet for being allowed to play for free that sounds patronising to free players . Funzio would make more money if they had a reasonable price in my opinion . I do think it is a great little iPhone game and Is the only game I play I don't want to sound grumpy I have great satisfaction at my little empire I have built up from nothing and look forward to building it up more , got ninth prize which was Kool also loving getting some indistructable units in specials and got the copter for level 3 Koa is quality , maybe I will get a good army eventually as long as I can keep growing at the top I will be happy , may have to sell half my base to get nano's :(. .. That's me crying . Am I going to have same problem with land? Next is. 9 m does it go up a lot more than 10 m ?

War Priest
04-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Why would Funzio lower the prices when so many people already pay their prices..?

Not to mention if everybody had gold, gold would lose it's value and be worthless.

Jp lfs
04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
may have to sell half my base to get nano's :(. .. That's me crying . Am I going to have same problem with land? Next is. 9 m does it go up a lot more than 10 m ?

There are better strategies for Nano's than selling off buildings. Check some of the other current threads. I have thought about posting my own, but to simplify, wait until you have a couple free squares of land, plenty of sleep, and a holiday weekend. Buy a couple million in trees you can sell back for half price once you hit about 17 Mill, and do a ton of raiding in the middle of the night and be ready to lose some money along the way. And remember, if someone does happen to hit you 10x for 3 mill, that gives you a 2 hour window where no one else can attack you. It also helps if you have an upgraded Cement Factory. Good luck!

Tctiger
04-20-2012, 03:32 PM
I read some of the ideas will try boosting defence and see if can save up and maybe buy lots of trees plus some raids too , need to get about 4 or 6 bits of land to be safe first do will be 2 or 3 months before think about saving up . When is next big price jump for land and what does it go up to , anyone know? My next bit is 9m. What is the max upgrade level for buildings?