PDA

View Full Version : Nano strategy?

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
So do to my new work situation, i've come up with an idea that may help me get the Nano's without having to worry about getting attacked and losing money in between that $10 million vault protection and the $20million purchase price.

Here is the situation... my new job doesn't let the employees use their wifi. So my iPad cannot connect to the internet at work. However, as long as I load the MW App from home before I leave the house, I can collect money all day long no problem. The timers continue to work normally and I can keep on collecting money from my cash buildings. However, I cannot add the collected money to my vault. The other thing i noticed, i never get attacked when im at work and my iPad isn't connected to the internet because im not on the server. Which means I don't show up on rival lists and people can't attack me until i reconnect to the server.

Now what I got to thinking about today is, what if i turned off my wifi, left the app running and just collected money but never closed out the app. I should be able to have $10 million protected in the vault, then use this strategy to collect the other $10million without fear of it being unprotected. Then connect to the server once i have the full $20million collected, and go into the store and purchase my nano and start the build before anyone knows and attacks me.

So, i figured i'd run this by my FFF's to see if this makes sense or if i'm totally off base here. I mean the obvious downside is I can't use my iPad for anything other than MW for probably a week. That's about how long it should take me to collect the additional $10million to get from 10-20million. This might be doable on my iPad but impossible on my iPhone. LOL

Thoughts?

Thunder Child
04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Off base, I think. Your device is offline, so you cannot vault anything but your base is absolutely accessible to thousands of hungry players looking for your cash! Otherwise, when I turn my iPad off every night, I would be safe from attacks until the morning. Am I? Absolutely not.... Nice idea, but nagh!

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-17-2012, 04:12 PM
hahaha damn. So just cooincidence that i don't get attacked on my LLP during the day when im at work. LOL, maybe that is because im less active and not attacking either. Maybe that has me showing up less frequently on the rivals list.

That sucks, thought i was onto something. I would definitely had sacrificed my iPad for a week to get the nano's without having to sell other buildings.

Aidan
04-17-2012, 04:25 PM
God dammit. I was getting excited n close to orgasm reading ur post gixxah but TC had to barged in n ruined the moment.

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
God damn it. I was getting excited n close to orgasm reading ur post gixxah but TC had to barged in n ruined the moment.

I know you pretty much explained how i felt all day thinking I found a loop hole. But then he had to be a total buzz killer. Might be a new term to add to his post LOL

I might still try my theory anyway haha, test it out, but i'm only a lvl 39 right now on my iPad.

el_gringo
04-17-2012, 05:04 PM
There is one way that isn't very often mentioned on here.

Go round a load of pve missions, well in advance of your purchase, hitting all the targets which require multiple hits for big bucks. Then just before you are going to buy your above vault purchase use a full bar of energy (or two if you time it right with the level upgrade!) to go round 'finishing them off', as you only get the cash after the last hit. Can make an easy couple of million this way.

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
There is one way that isn't very often mentioned on here.

Go round a load of pve missions, well in advance of your purchase, hitting all the targets which require multiple hits for big bucks. Then just before you are going to buy your above vault purchase use a full bar of energy (or two if you time it right with the level upgrade!) to go round 'finishing them off', as you only get the cash after the last hit. Can make an easy couple of million this way.

I've heard of this idea, sounded great. but no one has ever recommended any of spots that are a definite must for the nano PvE strategy. got any specifics spots you know of that you could post for the others?

el_gringo
04-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Fraid not Dreno, I'm way below the level of worrying about above vault purchases.

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Me too, although my vault is upgrading to 1m, I have been carrying around 14m. The last expansion cost 1.5m

Thunder Child
04-17-2012, 10:08 PM
GRidah, I have a similar situation at work, where I can collect but not vault the money. This leaves me with a choice over the few hours I'm at work - either leave everything and risk being raided, or collect the money and risk losing some when attacked. The advantage of collecting from certain buildings is that the timers are then reset, allowing me to collect the next round of cash 8, 12, 24 hours on time later. In the past I was worried about collecting but not vaulting, only to find the delay had knocked the next collection to the middle of the night!

ShawnBB
04-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Well, I just did twice by selling a nuclear and a railgun for two nano. Why bother taking risks...

Guys, seriously get to lvl 95 ASAP. Loot Farm the indestructible unit called venal fighter, i got 31 so far.

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, I just did twice by selling a nuclear and a railgun for two nano. Why bother taking risks...

Guys, seriously get to lvl 95 ASAP. Loot Farm the indestructible unit called venal fighter, i got 31 so far.

its indestructible??? I thought only event and gold units were. hmmmm

ShawnBB
04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Hehe, keep it quiet, don't let funzio nerf again plz! Im living on them now.
It says low on casualty description, but never lost a single one in over 300 fights I had these days. Shhhh

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Hehe, keep it quiet, don't let funzio nerf again plz! Im living on them now.
It says low on casualty description, but never lost a single one in over 300 fights I had these days. Shhhh

You're secret is safe with me dude. Let's hope they can't read this ;]

FromAfar
04-17-2012, 11:28 PM
excuse my newb-ness, but, assuming you have room in your vault, how do you collect without being able to vault?

i am just wondering how your collected to the server to do the collection without being connected to the server?

thanks, and sorry to jack...

GRidah, I have a similar situation at work, where I can collect but not vault the money. This leaves me with a choice over the few hours I'm at work - either leave everything and risk being raided, or collect the money and risk losing some when attacked. The advantage of collecting from certain buildings is that the timers are then reset, allowing me to collect the next round of cash 8, 12, 24 hours on time later. In the past I was worried about collecting but not vaulting, only to find the delay had knocked the next collection to the middle of the night!

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 11:34 PM
He connected to the server then left wifi zone. App was still running. He never closed out.

Thunder Child
04-17-2012, 11:41 PM
He connected to the server then left wifi zone. App was still running. He never closed out.
Spot on, Dreno!

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Spot on, Dreno!

too bad my phone can't do that. Goes to my network :P i don't have unlimited lol

Bronson
04-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Morning fellas due to sim card failure (should be here today) I also opened MW at home before leaving the wifi to go to work.

Just a quick question - if you filled your vault then left the wifi area wouldn't the server last have you logged on with a max vault? so any further collections wouldn't go to the server until you reconnected so if attacked in that time wouldn't the attacker go away with a win and £0?

Dreno33
04-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Morning fellas due to sim card failure (should be here today) I also opened MW at home before leaving the wifi to go to work.

Just a quick question - if you filled your vault then left the wifi area wouldn't the server last have you logged on with a max vault? so any further collections wouldn't go to the server until you reconnected so if attacked in that time wouldn't the attacker go away with a win and £0?

That would only make sense, yes. The game can not update until reconnected. Therefore your rivals can not see your collectings since your server hasn't updated it yet.

Thunder Child
04-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Now we're getting into interesting territory.... No idea! All I know is, I collect but can't vault, then return home and quickly vault the stash waiting for me. The clocks on the buildings all reset each time I collect, too. Problem is, nobody has ever attacked me during this time, so I don't know if an attacker would get anything...

Everson25
04-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Some wks ago i was ready to start my savings for my Nano but then I stopped doing it and now I'm waiting for the right time. I totally agree with what some players said already that is very important to make sure defence is ok. When I say ok is because will never be enough for a free player as a golden player can appear from nowhere and attack. I can say that my defence moved forward and I can see that looking at the number of attacks I have lately which are not even close to what used to happen before.

So my first point now for the Nano is make sure my defence is above the average players on my level. I started saving for my Nano doing missions. somebody asked which missions to do. I'm doing all maps from Naval Base which can give at least 1m per map easily. When I say a 1 m per map I'm trying to sellect more than just the leader but the best payers. I'm trying to concentrate in 7 maps which i hope will be more than enough.

I'm also upgradind my Cement Factory which is going for level 5 so it will be 1m less to worry about it. And the last part i will get from my collection which can give me around 2m in one goal. I'm not saying is a perfect plan and probably i will make changes to make sure i don't have loses but is the way I'm doing now. For sure i don't want to do same way players are doing which is to have 50% losses from some building or trees or whatwhever. I made so many mistakes at the beginning that i cant' afford to lose all that money. i prefer to use it to improve my defences.

Ascent
04-18-2012, 05:33 AM
I have a ****ty internet connection, so I found quite a few interesting things that can happen when I cannot reach the server. I thing the original idea is sound, as the only thing that could happen while you are not connected to the server is that they raid your base and harvest one crop... but since you are not connected, the buildings will not be repaired (as far as the server knows) since you are collecting from them offline... therefore, until you reconnect, they will not produce new crops and therefore the server must show them as unraidable to your enemies. Also, if you go offline with your vault maxed out, but without having any unprotected money, the server will have to show that you have nothing to be stolen in an attack.

I think the idea is sound :)

One can also go offline by switching off the data access and telling the router to ban the iPad/iPhone from using the Wifi based on its MAC address.

Thunder Child
04-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Possible that we may have a way to collect safely beyond the 10m vault max? I just did the following experiment. Opened my base, noting that several buildings were ready for collection. Leaving MW open on my iPad, I then turned off my Internet router. I was then able to collect from my buildings OFFLINE and watch the timers reset on the each of the buildings, but of course not able to vault because my device was not connected to the server. Since the server cannot communicate with my device, it doesn't know I have unvaulted cash, so if I were attacked it would register the attack against my vaulted money only and the attacker walks away with nothing. In reality, I have thousands ready for vaulting or spending as soon as my device is back online. In theory, all I need to do is max out my vault at 10m, then turn off my router while MW is open on my device and all I have to do is collect normally for two days to make the Nano.... Anybody tried this?

Edit: trials continue; can continue to do PvE offline, too, allowing for naval battle cash to be stockpiled offline also.
ABSOLUTELY must not close MW on your device, though.

Tctiger
04-18-2012, 06:54 AM
i noticed that too on my iphone and i also noticed that if you collect the cash but can't volt it as no conection if you then come out of mw all the money you collected is gone ! even if you can collect like that and keep collecting i would have to keep off line for about a week to get the extra 10ml and if the app closes down which it is prone to then you would lose all the money collected , think i will camp at 69 and try saving up when my stats are higher then if start to lose the money unprotected will have to think about selling rigs and saving up but really not keen on selling them as want to upgrade them . yet again it is doable for a gold player but a real problem for a free player , all funzio want is your money . i still can't beleve anyone would pay the crazy prices for units on an iphone game i wouldnt even if i was a millionare !

Thunder Child
04-18-2012, 06:59 AM
You might!

Corsair
04-18-2012, 07:46 AM
I am far from having to do this, but I love a good puzzle.

Here's the problem I see with your scenario TC. If you collect while offline, according to the server your buildings aren't collected, and then can be raided. When you reconnect, your collected cash *might* disappear if you were raided while offline. Impossible to know without testing it though. If you could spend it before reconnecting I'd think you'd be good, but I don't think that can be done. My guess is that you'd be OK regardless of raids, I doubt the devs thought of that loophole, or if they did, couldn't come up with a good way to deal with it. Anyone ever raid you while you are offline?

Jp lfs
04-18-2012, 09:07 AM
I think this idea is worth a try. If it works, you have an amazing tip to share with everyone. If it doesn't, then we know for sure. So I say, GO FOR IT!!

My first Nano run was a 24 hour nerve-shredder, and I am a gold player. So good luck!

FromAfar
04-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Otto, this was my way of thinking, and i could be right or wrong.

(programmer geek thinking, but not a ios/game programmer, more business oriented. the following is just a theory)
this whole thing is database transactions.
so, buildings make cash. you collect, and if online it sends a trans (immediate or queued) back to the server.
at some point the trans is processed.
if immediate, or nearly so, the engine puts money into your account.
you hit vault, a trans says xfer money from wallet to bank, if room.

now, if your not online, maybe the trans gets queued, within your device.
also, if your not online, someone raids the building, say 75k through a 100k production cycle.

well, maybe you have a queued trans to collect, but that will conflict with the raid and credit that occurred while the trans was on hold locally, and you were disconnected.

so, i'd be interested to know what kind of background stuff goes on to resolve these things. it could truly be an interesting tech discussion.

it is also my suspicion this could be the result of some of the crash / kick out we see at various times. the db server just caught up to us, maybe the trans processor was running slowly, and hit error processing code. if error, kick out the player go give the system time to resynch.

and spending money that you had been hit for, while the db engine was still processing could also be another issue causing some of the crash issues. say someone hit you for a big chunk of change, but you spent most of that between the time of the hit and the time of processing by the backend. could be a crash maker too.

then again, i could be full of hooey. maybe a funzio techie type would be interested in responding.

sorry. just musings from a newb with a little profession curiosity. :)

I am far from having to do this, but I love a good puzzle.

Here's the problem I see with your scenario TC. If you collect while offline, according to the server your buildings aren't collected, and then can be raided. When you reconnect, your collected cash *might* disappear if you were raided while offline. Impossible to know without testing it though. If you could spend it before reconnecting I'd think you'd be good, but I don't think that can be done. My guess is that you'd be OK regardless of raids, I doubt the devs thought of that loophole, or if they did, couldn't come up with a good way to deal with it. Anyone ever raid you while you are offline?

Corsair
04-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Good questions, FromAfar. Same boat as you, all the stuff I work on is 24/7 availability and dead if offline, so no experience handling something like that, at least not in a long time. I doubt you will ever get a dev to talk about it. Just have to test it out. It is an interesting scenario.

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
We can speculate all we want or we can test the theory! If it works I may have come up with the single biggest tip in the history of MW!!!

Modern Warrior
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
If it isn't patched before we can take advantage. Having said that, other things seem to move quite slowly in the world of Funzio development, so here's hoping...

Agent Orange
04-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Off base, I think. Your device is offline, so you cannot vault anything but your base is absolutely accessible to thousands of hungry players looking for your cash! Otherwise, when I turn my iPad off every night, I would be safe from attacks until the morning. Am I? Absolutely not.... Nice idea, but nagh!

It was a bug some players were exploiting but it was fixed. Basically you appear to have put things into the vault field but it does not take so when you come back online you are still wiped out.

Hellstorm
04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
It doesnt work like that man... And its funny that you havent noticed that it doesnt work at all. When offline you cant collect any cash even though you are collecting it in the moment. The building stays uncollected untill you are online connected to the server. That means people still raid and attack you... Lol...

Hellstorm
04-19-2012, 07:51 PM
The best way to get the nano is to sell buildings. Three railguns and 10 million in the vault isthe way to go. Your idea doesnt work unfortunately

vball
04-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Just started my second nano late last night. Did two different strategies and think I prefer the second one over the first.

1. Accumulated $10million and then built and sold detention facilities and sold both my nuclear plants. Stupid on my part, as it takes forever to build everything back and the cost of time and lost revenue was horrible.

2. Accumulated $10 million, had the max amount of palm trees and then went crazy attacking and raiding last night till I had enough in cash and palm trees to buy the nano.

If I had to do it over again, would not have an issue selling defense buildings, but would never sell money units again. Need to have my head examined on that one. LOL

War Priest
04-19-2012, 09:01 PM
All I did was upgrade cheap buildings like the armory and supply depot until I had enough saved for the nano factory. I use the same strategy for upgrading expensive buildings and land expansions.

Air
04-19-2012, 09:30 PM
as long as I load the MW App from home before I leave the house, I can collect money all day long no problem. The timers continue to work normally and I can keep on collecting money from my cash buildings. However, I cannot add the collected money to my vault.

I've been playing like this for almost 4 months now and I'll add that if you're raided while offline you loose that money from what you collected when you connect

Thunder Child
06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Just started my second nano late last night. Did two different strategies and think I prefer the second one over the first.

1. Accumulated $10million and then built and sold detention facilities and sold both my nuclear plants. Stupid on my part, as it takes forever to build everything back and the cost of time and lost revenue was horrible.

2. Accumulated $10 million, had the max amount of palm trees and then went crazy attacking and raiding last night till I had enough in cash and palm trees to buy the nano.

If I had to do it over again, would not have an issue selling defense buildings, but would never sell money units again. Need to have my head examined on that one. LOL

Happy to receive comments on a third option:
1) full vault at 10m
2) synch buildings so one collect will bank @ 3m
3) complete all but one hit on several of the top 'bosses'
4) identify a time when most of the world is sleeping.
5) collect from buildings
6) hit the bosses in succession
7) buy Nano

Nothing needs selling.

Have four of these bosses ready to go! anyone see a problem?

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
1) full vault at 10m
7) buy Nano

Nothing needs selling.

This will be my exact strategy. I figure if one is savvy enough, insurance (from crap $$$ drops if the bosses feel stingy) in the form of scooping in a quick extra 2-3 mil could be arranged b/w players, of course ending up with the big end of the stick-lol!

Corsair
06-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Sounds like You are good to go TC. Biggest problem with that approach that I can see is it takes forever to set up, and you lose some income in getting all those buildings synced. I just did my first nano, and all I did was raise up to 16 mil through raids and attacks, which required two refills of stamina (20 points) using Tapjoy gold, then sold a nuke plant because I ran out of time and patience. And this was during an event. Yeah I lost the nuke plant income for 4.5 days but I really didn't miss it (I figure about 1 mil or so), and the 4 mil loss on the sale also wasn't that bad (IPH around 250k).

Of course I was also doing this at level 62 with about 80 allies, and it was also during the weirdness with the too weak to fight limitations/changes. In fact I started it as a test to see how far over 10 mil I could get without being attacked after having been hit several times earlier in the day. Once I had over 12 mil for a few hours with no hits I decided to go for it even though the timing was bad...had to leave for over an hour to go pick up someone at the airport. So that was another stamina refill, I guess. Then they jacked the limit back up by the time I got back, so I figured I was really pushing things.

Just another take on it. I had been planning to put off the nanos as I think they are overhyped, but the situation presented itself and I said WTH. :) Knowing how easy it was now rather than later I probably will use the same strategy for the next one, and try to do it before level 70. Had originally wanted to do it more like your plan, TC, but not that many big bosses down here, so it would be harder. And I just don't have that much patience when I know I can go all Attila the Hun and do it that way. :)

One last thing...another strategy I thought of as I was going through this would be to get to just under 10 mil, then find a partner in crime to hit you til too weak to fight. Then you know you have at least 2 hours to work uninterrupted. A couple more refills and the nuke plant sale might not be needed.

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 08:55 PM
One last thing...another strategy I thought of as I was going through this would be to get to just under 10 mil, then find a partner in crime to hit you til too weak to fight. Then you know you have at least 2 hours to work uninterrupted. A couple more refills and the nuke plant sale might not be needed.

This is genius.

Thunder Child
06-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Like this very much! Happy to get one of my forum friends to do this! Vounteers, please!

Ryans67
06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Like this very much! Happy to get one of my forum friends to do this!

This is my plan for the next time I use trees to pay for an upgrade. I seriously get attacked every time I try to do something that exceeds my vault.

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Like this very much! Happy to get one of my forum friends to do this! Vounteers, please!

I might lose to your massive stats, but we'll call it forum fight night, Bradley vs. Pacquiao hehe. I might actually have a chance if I ring Arum to promote and we get it done in Vegas, lol.

Thunder Child
06-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I might lose to your massive stats, but we'll call it forum fight night, Bradley vs. Pacquiao hehe. I might actually have a chance if I ring Arum to promote and we get it done in Vegas, lol.You might be too far ahead and we're on different allies strategies, but would've been happy for it to have been you!

Everson25
06-11-2012, 02:04 AM
You might be too far ahead and we're on different allies strategies, but would've been happy for it to have been you! I thought you had your both Nano already TC. I don't know if you are in shark zone but consider that. I'm miles behind your stats and I have both Nanos. I got both not long ago and I'm level 99. When I set my mind nothing took me to do something different. Nowadays I'm ready for level 2 using the same strategy.

Arizona
06-11-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't know how far you've upgraded your cement factory, but have that at L10 first and your're targetting a lower price before you even consider the other strategies.

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 04:46 AM
I don't know how far you've upgraded your cement factory, but have that at L10 first and your're targetting a lower price before you even consider the other strategies. Level 9 will do just fine!

Aidan
06-11-2012, 04:55 AM
@TC you really should attempt it now before you cross to L120. Just built my second nano yesterday. Save up to 15 million and hit the flotilla boss. Strange tht nobody attack me. Your stat is bit higher thn me i think (71k def) so you should be fine.

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 05:15 AM
@TC you really should attempt it now before you cross to L120. Just built my second nano yesterday. Save up to 15 million and hit the flotilla boss. Strange tht nobody attack me. Your stat is bit higher thn me i think (71k def) so you should be fine.First will be done inside L113 (next week?); the second hopefully by end of L116.

whiskeybravo
06-11-2012, 05:56 AM
I bought and sold palms trees for the first one. That sucked but it worked with out having to worry about being raided.

For the second one I got lazy and just sold a space center. I probably shouldn't have, but it was a lot easier than clicking on 5 million palm trees or worry about unvualted money.

Harnj
06-11-2012, 06:31 AM
I already bought two nanos after I got my cement factory to level 10. I had to sell nuclear plant for the first one and sell space center for the second one. It was easy until these steps but the my real problem was upgrading the nanos. So my strategy is to have a superior defense. First I maintained an low alliance number of around 20. Then I bought the composite factory and currently upgrading it to level 10 (currently 8). Then I kept buying aircraft carriers (currently have 53) and won't stop until my defense reaches its maximum. With the power boost from being a british and from a composite factory, each aircraft carrier's defense would be around 60 when the defense boost is maximum. As of right now, only about 1 or 2 out of total attacks I get in a week can defeat me so I think my strategy works great.

Poopenshire
06-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Nano #1 is under construction.

sold 2 nukes and a rail gun.

at level 99 its not worth the risk of stashing that much cash out of vault.

Thunder Child
06-13-2012, 11:17 PM
1) full vault at 10m
7) buy Nano

Nothing needs selling.

Done!

Took less than 3 minutes - no selling of buildings, no trees, no synch required and only three of the bosses needed!

Bronson
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Done!

Took less than 3 minutes - no selling of buildings, no trees, no synch required and only three of the bosses needed!

Well done mate! And the end of the sequence took 3 mins but how long was the prep??

Thunder Child
06-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Well done mate! And the end of the sequence took 3 mins but how long was the prep??Weeks! But loved every minute!

stricker
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
grats TC... what top bosses did you prep??? i'm doing the same atm...

@naval battle:
already have the advanced destroyer prepped
& considering the ballistic missile sub

@insuregent block:
already have the guerrilla commander prepped

have 1400 ep to expend when full...

Thunder Child
06-14-2012, 01:23 AM
grats TC... what top bosses did you prep??? i'm doing the same atm...@naval battle:already have the advanced destroyer prepped & considering the ballistic missile sub@insuregent block:already have the guerrilla commander preppedhave 1400 ep to expend when full...I stacked up four but only used three:
Perez (Bay of Coast), Antoine (Pirate Cove), Eno (Caribbean Straits) and the Fortress (Pirate Flotilla; unused and ready for Nano 2)

mickymacirl
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
I may start saving for my nanos, I'm at 128 now

Jhoemel
06-14-2012, 02:28 AM
I may start saving for my nanos, I'm at 128 now

Do it now man, you're approaching the deep sea region

Thunder Child
06-14-2012, 02:31 AM
Do it now man, you're approaching the deep sea regionJhoemel, where do you think shark waters begin these days?

Bronson
06-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Jhoemel, where do you think shark waters begin these days?

129????????

Hivesy
06-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Hi guys

Been away on hols for a couple of weeks but now I'm back in full effect!

Got my first nano while away, just seemed to be able to save up without people hitting me as I was level 79. Tried to start my second one (having progressed to level 82) and I got £2mil swiped off me twice. That really hurt!

I've got my vault at £10mil and have started queuing up bosses. I reckon I'll wait until my (secret) time of day that most of my big buildings deliver the cash, stash that £2 mil and then hope that by hitting bosses I can get another £7mil. If I can't I reckon I'd have an hour or two to raid like crazy and as a last resort maybe sell my one and only railgun.

I really don't want to do that as it takes so looooong to build those damn rail guns but it might be the best way.

I'll let you know how I get on.

BTW - new coolest unit? Objective Force infantry unit that I picked up in a crate recently.

G

Thunder Child
06-14-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi guysBeen away on hols for a couple of weeks but now I'm back in full effect!Got my first nano while away, just seemed to be able to save up without people hitting me as I was level 79. Tried to start my second one (having progressed to level 82) and I got £2mil swiped off me twice. That really hurt!I've got my vault at £10mil and have started queuing up bosses. I reckon I'll wait until my (secret) time of day that most of my big buildings deliver the cash, stash that £2 mil and then hope that by hitting bosses I can get another £7mil. If I can't I reckon I'd have an hour or two to raid like crazy and as a last resort maybe sell my one and only railgun.I really don't want to do that as it takes so looooong to build those damn rail guns but it might be the best way.I'll let you know how I get on.BTW - new coolest unit? Objective Force infantry unit that I picked up in a crate recently.GGood to see that avatar again! Don't worry, the boss system works a treat.

Aidan
06-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Do it now man, you're approaching the deep sea region

Think he already there. Saw a L128 guy attacked by L150+ (pirates will know about this dude, named "urdummy".)

Hivesy
06-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks TC, see you've had a snazzy avatar upgrade 'n' all :)

So has Aidan, although to be fair fella I think I preferred your previous knight he was pretty cool.

WP has gone back to his old skool one.

Geeez you go away for a couple of weeks and it all changes. What's all this pirates talk about? Am I missing something, are there really groups of high stat players ganging up on lesser players if they don't do what they want? Not sure I can get my head round that.

Thunder Child
06-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks TC, see you've had a snazzy avatar upgrade 'n' all :)So has Aidan, although to be fair fella I think I preferred your previous knight he was pretty cool.WP has gone back to his old skool one. Geeez you go away for a couple of weeks and it all changes. What's all this pirates talk about? Am I missing something, are there really groups of high stat players ganging up on lesser players if they don't do what they want? Not sure I can get my head round that.You'd best catch up on some of the discussions - there's some good stuff!

mickymacirl
06-14-2012, 07:22 AM
129????????

Actually its 108 :P I'm WELL passed this by now and am holding my own so happy days.

Corsair
06-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Grats TC. Glad you updated, I meant to dig it up and update on my previous strategy. I am not sure the 2 hour cool-off period is valid anymore. It looks like they have changed things so that you can re-attack a person within that 2 hour window, though only for a limited number of hits.

Where I am at level 63, I am probably going to stick with my previous method. The bosses available at this level don't pay out as much. Probably don't take as long to set up either, though. Maybe I'll incorporate that into my strategy a little. Probably will still sell a nuke plant, we'll see. I see that as a perfectly valid strategy, though some swear against it. Saves time and doesn't cost much in the long run, or even the short run really, as long as your income is decent.

Man, it's nice to talk actual strategy on here!

JohnnyR
06-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Jhoemel, where do you think shark waters begin these days?

Got hit by our friendly neighborhood Speed ump (stephen) yesterday, level 118 here, and he's 200. My ally count is still below 400, his was 5 under 500. First really big gun I've ran into.

Bronson
06-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Got hit by our friendly neighborhood Speed ump (stephen) yesterday, level 118 here, and he's 200. My ally count is still below 400, his was 5 under 500. First really big gun I've ran into.

That's ok JR he's on your newsfeed now so when your ready to add allies go take him down!!😉

mwmark
06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
I just went straight for 20m without trying to hide the money in trees or other buildings, i figured its too much work to waste half my money hiding it. And that strategy will get unwieldy with the larger upgrades.

LeBarticus
06-14-2012, 03:56 PM
You gotta save up more than 20m at some point, so build up your defense and upgrade buildings that have short collect times so you don't get raided until your economy is good enough to save up quickly. I don't often get attacked, so I just saved up some dough, got to 16 17 mill and did pvp until I got the 18.8 mill I needed to buy my first one (lvl 6 cement)

Hivesy
06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
In case you cared, nano numero duo is safely being built as we speak. The pressure is off and I can start playing properly again :)

People who raided the f**k out of me before and I didn't want to be on your newsfeed for a while - WATCHOUT (you're still on mine!)

Tanner
06-15-2012, 04:40 PM
I built both nanos during events and with the 10MM vault & sell nukes & rockets ships strategy. I like choosing how much I lose over having it taken. Any COMPLETELY free players care to share a nano level upgrade story of success? I'm on the way to level 2, but still at least another 2 weeks off before I can try. I got my tapjoy composites and am upping it to 10 before moving forward.

Everson25
06-16-2012, 02:43 AM
I built both nanos during events and with the 10MM vault & sell nukes & rockets ships strategy. I like choosing how much I lose over having it taken. Any COMPLETELY free players care to share a nano level upgrade story of success? I'm on the way to level 2, but still at least another 2 weeks off before I can try. I got my tapjoy composites and am upping it to 10 before moving forward. I was ready to go for my Nano level 2. Everything was set, just 23m in my case so it was like to get another Nano. But I ended up going for my Oil Rigs first. At the moment Im going to level 4. Im paying 13m for my level 4 Oil Rig. My economy improved a lot since started.

Bronson
06-16-2012, 04:37 AM
I was ready to go for my Nano level 2. Everything was set, just 23m in my case so it was like to get another Nano. But I ended up going for my Oil Rigs first. At the moment Im going to level 4. Im paying 13m for my level 4 Oil Rig. My economy improved a lot since started.

Your lucky that event with 30% off upgrades is a serious game changer. I had to save up over 20m for oil rig 4 and it's 32m for nano 2!!!

Tanner
06-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I was ready to go for my Nano level 2. Everything was set, just 23m in my case so it was like to get another Nano. But I ended up going for my Oil Rigs first. At the moment Im going to level 4. Im paying 13m for my level 4 Oil Rig. My economy improved a lot since started.

SWEET unit! Gold or free player?

Thunder Child
06-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Bump....... for consideration!

Everson25
06-17-2012, 02:57 PM
SWEET unit! Gold or free player? Free player.

Everson25
06-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Your lucky that event with 30% off upgrades is a serious game changer. I had to save up over 20m for oil rig 4 and it's 32m for nano 2!!! I need to agree with you Bronson that 30% plus the cement factory is a big help. It helps me to play catch up with you guys.

Deskjockey
06-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, I just started building my second nano, just a day after the first one finished building. I hit the advance destroyer five or so times over the past three days, but that was primarily for RPG crates more so than for the money, especially since the payouts were all on the low end of the scale. The rest was just straight savings from my economy over three days (I collect five million from my 12 and 24 hour buildings alone every day). I had seven attacks in that time, none of which I lost, and five of which left my cash (including two which made the maximum donation to the nano fund). All in all, a good result for my nano strategy. I made sure to invest on a robust defense before starting out, and it seems to have paid off. Now to start saving up for the Chemical Plant level 5 upgrades, then the Oil Rig level 5 upgrades, then...

Lordsloss
06-20-2012, 07:20 PM
If you want to get a bunch of money without getting raided here is what I do, but I have almost 3000 energy. I hit the missions until I find a mission to attack and get a few million from it. Let's say it takes 10/10 tries at 200 energy a pop. I will hit it nine times and let it sit on the tenth one. Then find another one on a map and do it again until at about 9/10. I'll do this for about five units and then when my energy is restored, I hit them all within a few seconds and I have about 10 million more cash. Then I buy what I want and I am good to go. Works for me!

Dr. Dengus
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
If you want to get a bunch of money without getting raided here is what I do, but I have almost 3000 energy. I hit the missions until I find a mission to attack and get a few million from it. Let's say it takes 10/10 tries at 200 energy a pop. I will hit it nine times and let it sit on the tenth one. Then find another one on a map and do it again until at about 9/10. I'll do this for about five units and then when my energy is restored, I hit them all within a few seconds and I have about 10 million more cash. Then I buy what I want and I am good to go. Works for me!

What level are you if I may ask? 3,000 is a lot of energy...I'm lvl 90 and have 1380 I believe. Good strategy nonetheless, very helpful for upgrades in the 15 - 20m range if you don't want to sell buildings/trees.

Warfiend
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM

That's some good stuff. Thanks!

Lordsloss
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
I am a 117 right now and have about 41,000 attack and defense. I'm going to freeze and camp up a bit because I see a lot of people in the 50,000+ range right now. It's a good strategy because you can get so much money early. All I did was upgrade energy first. Seems to be working right now.

Thunder Child
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM
The third option:1) full vault at 10m2) synch buildings so one collect will bank @ 3m3) complete all but one hit on several of the top 'bosses'4) identify a time when most of the world is sleeping.5) collect from buildings6) hit the bosses in succession7) buy NanoNothing needs selling.Have four of these bosses ready to go!Just repeated this formula for my second Nano. Again, nothing sold and nothing left unvaulted for more than 3 minutes. Only requires three bosses.

Warfiend
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Just repeated this formula for my second Nano. Again, nothing sold and nothing left unvaulted for more than 3 minutes. Only requires three bosses.

I hadn't read that far back in the thread yet, good stuff. I really appreciate being able to read about these things before I get there and have to figure it out the hard way. Thanks!

Dirty Doug
06-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Congrats TC, but can I ask why you waited so long? Just trying to figure out if you weren't bothering with them earlier cause you weren't worried about economy or if it was something else. I'm level 65 now, did my second in level 63, didn't sell anything, free player, but I did concentrate on defense. I know whale territory was down here not long ago, was that it?

I did nothing special for mine. Didn't set up bosses. Didn't sell buildings. Actually wasn't even planning on building my second nano when it happened but saw I had enough cash and was more panicked to find space on my base! I have a decent economy and a decent defense for my level and ally count, and that was all. Keep your money just above or below your vault and see how many people can beat you looking for unprotected cash. Keep doing your normal collections, don't attack blindly, before you know it you have enough money. If your planning on doing some of these building upgrades your going to need defense anyways, so why not do it now when your still in the lower levels rather than later when 'everybody can see you' in the upper levels?

LAX
06-21-2012, 12:41 AM
great discussion guys, great thread, thanx. Nano Nano gonna try and get one now.

Thunder Child
06-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Congrats TC, but can I ask why you waited so long? Just trying to figure out if you weren't bothering with them earlier cause you weren't worried about economy or if it was something else. I'm level 65 now, did my second in level 63, didn't sell anything, free player, but I did concentrate on defense. I know whale territory was down here not long ago, was that it?I did nothing special for mine. Didn't set up bosses. Didn't sell buildings. Actually wasn't even planning on building my second nano when it happened but saw I had enough cash and was more panicked to find space on my base! I have a decent economy and a decent defense for my level and ally count, and that was all. Keep your money just above or below your vault and see how many people can beat you looking for unprotected cash. Keep doing your normal collections, don't attack blindly, before you know it you have enough money. If your planning on doing some of these building upgrades your going to need defense anyways, so why not do it now when your still in the lower levels rather than later when 'everybody can see you' in the upper levels?It's a good question, DD! First, I leveled up way too fast. Didn't find the Forum until I was around L50 and by that time I was always just a level or two behind whale territory... I had neglected my economy and was never able to save much beyond my vault because in those days anything over was picked off by everyone. From where I am now, and looking down and back, I would have done heaps differently and sometimes envy the ease with which many lower level players seem to be able to hold cash out of vault. As for the Nano, it only came out around the time I was hitting L90 or so, and I was still on the threshold of whale territory. So for me at L113 and L116, the strategy I used was the best available, without cutting back on allies and saving out of vault as others do.

Dirty Doug
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
It's a good question, DD! First, I leveled up way too fast. Didn't find the Forum until I was around L50 and by that time I was always just a level or two behind whale territory... I had neglected my economy and was never able to save much beyond my vault because in those days anything over was picked off by everyone. From where I am now, and looking down and back, I would have done heaps differently and sometimes envy the ease with which many lower level players seem to be able to hold cash out of vault. As for the Nano, it only came out around the time I was hitting L90 or so, and I was still on the threshold of whale territory. So for me at L113 and L116, the strategy I used was the best available, without cutting back on allies and saving out of vault as others do.

I think the strategy you used was a great one for your level, can't imagine how tough it would be save with so many big players around. I also was leveling up way to fast early in the game, but I was upgrading my economy since the beginning. My problem was I don't think I really noticed the vault in the very beginning and wasn't putting enough into unit buildings to build a defense. That, plus leveling to fast, I became a big target and lost a ton of unprotected money. I realized I needed to put the breaks on around level 40. I was planning on camping for a while but then these events took me into a semi camp position! I think I found the forum right around the time I stopped leveling up, but just been lurking until now. The game is constantly changing. Still trying to build up my defense density, seems like it never stops!

Hellstorm
06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
It's a good question, DD! First, I leveled up way too fast. Didn't find the Forum until I was around L50 and by that time I was always just a level or two behind whale territory... I had neglected my economy and was never able to save much beyond my vault because in those days anything over was picked off by everyone. From where I am now, and looking down and back, I would have done heaps differently and sometimes envy the ease with which many lower level players seem to be able to hold cash out of vault. As for the Nano, it only came out around the time I was hitting L90 or so, and I was still on the threshold of whale territory. So for me at L113 and L116, the strategy I used was the best available, without cutting back on allies and saving out of vault as others
do.

Thunder have you build nanos yet? I recall you were working on the space centers. If you have build them already did you save it up?
To the nano strategy. Most of the players are weak, and if you have a strong defense you will be able to fend everybody off. That means you can also leave unvaulted money in your bank. That's it... If you are full ally 60-65k defense is almost. 100% safe. I have 470 allies and 58k def and no attacker has won for like almost two months it seems. So ones you build some nice def you can just calmly save up.

Thunder Child
06-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Thunder have you build nanos yet? I recall you were working on the space centers. If you have build them already did you save it up?To the nano strategy. Most of the players are weak, and if you have a strong defense you will be able to fend everybody off. That means you can also leave unvaulted money in your bank. That's it... If you are full ally 60-65k defense is almost. 100% safe. I have 470 allies and 58k def and no attacker has won for like almost two months it seems. So ones you build some nice def you can just calmly save up.Yes, both built following the strategy I detailed in this thread. Now at L116 and full allies. Boosted defense hit 77K this morning.... Saving out of vault for L3 oil rig.... Bang! Hit by Russian 2 levels behind me! Even with those numbers, still plenty able to get through! Never mind, still managed the upgrade....

mickymacirl
06-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Just building first Nano, jesus, 72 hours build time, really wish I had the event reduce timer.

Anyways, built the Nano easy enough, hit the rail gun for 4 times for 2.3 (had 11.2 over night in cash) and raided for 54 times (level 3 oil rigs, few nanos, 7 ore mines, 10 mf etc) netting me another 6.8m

Expansion finished during the night, so worked out great

albeezy
06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
So I have been contemplating ways to get high level oil rigs and nanos for a while now. For background, I am level 137 (soon to be 138) and I have a 10M vault. I can easily get my vault from 0-10M in less than 2 days, but once I go over 10M I tend to get attacked and lose the overage (or at least a substantial percentage of it). I currently have two level 3 oil rigs and two level 1 nanos. To upgrade my oil rigs to level 4 I need 19.95M each with the 5% discount from my cement factory and to take my nanos from level 1 to level 2 I need 31.35M. Therefore I need roughly 10M over my vault limit to take each oil rig to level 4 and 21.35M to take the nanos to level 2.

The oil rigs are going to be easy because I can sell my two space centers and gain 12 million giving me 22 million (2.05M more than I need). I know people say dont sell buildings, but I dont want to buy, place, and then sell 374 palm trees. Plus, I dont have to worry about getting attacked as much while I am selling the trees and I can replace each of the space centers in a total of about 4 days (upgrading the oil rigs to level 4 takes 60 hours). Okay the Oil rigs to level 4 is easy.

To take them to level 5 I will need 23.25M over my vault for a total of 33.25M (coincidentally the same amount I need to take my nanos to level 2). To do this I plan sell the two rebuilt space centers and 4 railguns giving me 23.4M which should be enough to take them to level 5 outputting 1.4M a day. The nanos can be upgraded to level 2 the same way.

If you sell 2 space centers, 2 nuclear power plants, 5 rail guns, 5 mine fields, 5 detention facilities, and 5 fortified bunkers you should end up with about 41.375M over the vault limit for a total cash on hand of 51.375M. To upgrade the oil rigs to level 6 costs 55.1M with my 5% reduction from my cement factory meaning I would have to acquire an additoinal 4M to make the upgrade. If I synch all my long collection time buildings (12, 24, adn 48 hrs) that should not be a problem and I could always hit a boss or two to make up the difference. To upgrade the nanos to level three will costs 52.25M and the same process can be done for those as well. A little bit more time consuming and wasteful with all of the selling and rebuilding, but if you can't leave 68M unvaulted (like JMC) this is how you can achieve two level 6 oil rigs and 2 level 3 nanos without substnatially risking lots of hard earned in game cash.

This strategy will work for other building having upgrade costs in excess of 10M.

Here are the approximate $ gains for selling each building listed:
Nuclear Power Plant - Cost 8M each, sell value 4M, total for selling 2 8M
Space Center - Cost 12M each , sell value 6M, total for selling 2 12M
Rail Gun - Cost 5.7M each, sell value 2.85M, total for selling 5 14.25M
Mine Field - Cost 1.187M, sell value 593,750, total for selling 5 2.97M
Detention Facility - Cost 950,000, sell value 475,000, total for selling 5 2.375M
Fortified Bunker - Cost 712500, sell value 356,250, total for selling 5 1.781M

Hope this helps some of you! I will update you all as I execute this plan!

Fifth Reich
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Buildings you need:
2 level 1 space centers
2 level 1 nuclear power plants
2 level 1 chemical plants
5 level 1 railguns
=38 million and 48 million with vault 10 million
A few more defense buildings and some last-hit mission bosses should get your nano to level 3.

Deskjockey
06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Why not just use all the cash that you're dumping into building and rebuilding space centers and nuke plants to buy high-stat cash units like the stealth drone instead? That's what I did and now I've got two level 5 oil rigs and I'll be starting work on the nano upgrades next, all without having to sell buildings in massive quantities. Aside from a single lucky attack that got through two days ago (that guy lost the other three attacks he tried) and War Priest, who rolled his golden horde over me a few weeks ago, I haven't had anyone successfully attack or raid me in more than a month, even when I had twenty-some million sitting over my vault. A lot of folks tried, and many left the maximum donation. All it takes is a bit of planning. For about two weeks or so, you just plow all of your cash into defense units and upgrade your boost buildings, then you sync your collections, stop PvPing, and go for it. I built the nanos this way, too.

albeezy
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Why not just use all the cash that you're dumping into building and rebuilding space centers and nuke plants to buy high-stat cash units like the stealth drone instead? That's what I did and now I've got two level 5 oil rigs and I'll be starting work on the nano upgrades next, all without having to sell buildings in massive quantities. Aside from a single lucky attack that got through two days ago (that guy lost the other three attacks he tried) and War Priest, who rolled his golden horde over me a few weeks ago, I haven't had anyone successfully attack or raid me in more than a month, even when I had twenty-some million sitting over my vault. A lot of folks tried, and many left the maximum donation. All it takes is a bit of planning. For about two weeks or so, you just plow all of your cash into defense units and upgrade your boost buildings, then you sync your collections, stop PvPing, and go for it. I built the nanos this way, too.

I built my nanos the same way too during a period of like two or three weeks when I didnt get attacked at all, back when I was around level 110. Now I am level 138 and could never save that much unvaulted cash. I try not to PVP unless absolutely necessary to find crates during events but prefer to use PVE. This is just an alternative if you find yourself in my situation. Trust me, I dont want to do it that way, but every time I get over 1M unvaulted I inevitably get attacked. Ill just have to do it the longer and harder way. But in my opinion, selling the building beats selling palm trees.

azy
06-29-2012, 09:00 PM
@Deskjockey - what's your level and def score? I wonder if you are technically in whale territory, or if you simply just strong enough to withstand attacks. I keep feeling that I'm just a few thousand points from good enough defense, but that goal remains elusive.

Giedrybe
07-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi. I am a newcomer to MW (3 days in it) and yesterday evening I first came to the forum and see what it is about.

I'd like to say thanks to many guys sharing their experiences and not being jealous of giving advices! Really!

After reading many posts I clearly understood that I'm on wrong strategy (if I could call my previous actions a strategy, as I was just smoothly going forward to lvl25 in 3 days). Generally I was "lucky" in the beginning to be successful in attacks and now I have almost no economy (~15k/h, but recently improving), 97% w/l rate and XP enough for 25lvl with of course poor base, vault, upgrades etc. After reading several threads I understand now there this path is leading me.

I have several question regarding game mechanics though and I hope that senior members and other experts will also help me with their advices like they help others :)

1. it is unclear for me what is the benefit/value of skill points used for attack and defence. I read in the post of Hello Kitty, that this just adds up to your defence total. So to spend valuable skill points for defence and attack, if they bring you that much like some fighter jet in defence, I see no sense, but I assume I just don't know the mechanics. Please advice.

2. rivals list - my first idea was, when I saw what ally number brings you, was to increase number of allies and in that way to utilise all units you have in either defence or attack. But I saw that rival list changes accordingly as you are then in the similar group of players with similar ally number. So then it is important for you to have good units (not any) to be brought into the battle. So does it make sense to increase ally number? What is the good strategy and best practise here?

3. if camping, you just ignore that you are full of energy and stamina, correct? It is rather clear for me, but I want to double check, as in these starting days for me I was always out of energy and it was a big value for me not to be wasted :) So now it seems this has to change.

4. your advices of spending skill points? I've read some interesting proposals how to accumulate some quick money in the future like saving for nano etc, was killing some big bosses in few minutes and for that good amount of energy is needed? Why it is written recommended? Is your experience the same as game advices?

Thank you if you will find time for some quick answers!

Everson25
07-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi Gierdrybe! Wellcome to the forum! I'm not an expert but I will try to answer some of yours questions to keep you going. I'm sure others will add something very soon if they are not doing same time as me.

1. Skill points - first of all, that depends on what kind of player you are. If you are an aggressive player who from start will do a lot of pvp then I suggest you to put most on stamina, if you do lots of pve then energy;

2- ally, you said already everything. If you are thinking about improving your base in order to puts things right the best is to keep low, kinda of 50 would be a suggestion or even lower;

3 - camping, I did camping for sometime just to put things right and correct my mistakes. While doing that you don't do missions or attack anyone. You just collect money everyday. It can be boring sometimes but you have forum to keep you with lots of useful information.

That's my bit. Good luck and any others questions bring it on.

Giedrybe
07-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Emerson, thank you for your input!

Could you give more detailed answer on:

1. what is the effect of skill point spent for attack or defence? Any formula to understand its value?

2. what happens if I cancel almost all allies? At least till number of allies where I feel I have strong def units (like 10 allies)? Will I still be seen by other players with much bigger number of allies, but potentially lower units?

albeezy
07-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Depends I saw a player yesterday with 270 allies level 90? On my rivals list. I'm level 139. That was a first If you lower you ally count your attack and defense will go down but at your level I don't know what your rivals list will look like

Giedrybe
07-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Albeezy, but this is massive difference... Have you checked what stats 90LVL has compared to you?

Maybe rival list is generated not according to LVL, but to A/D stats?

Guys, what is your opinion? Is it more linked to LVL/ally nb or military power like A/D status?

Poopenshire
07-02-2012, 07:10 AM
My second Nano just completed, my first was so lonely. Do what ever you feel you have to do to get your Nano's. What worked for me may not work for anyone else. here is what I did for my 2nd

took my Cash to 13Mil
Hit Pirate flotilla boss to collect 3 mil
Sold Nuc Reactor for 4 mil
Bought a Nano

I am level 115 now and I just am not comfortable with any cash out of vault, i still have so many upgrades below 10 mil i am not wasting my time on those too far above it yet.

mickymacirl
07-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Ya built my second on saturday, events were giving me a lot of cash so I waited til I had 35m bought second nano and an expansion for 17m, happy days! 17 hours left for build :>

Tctiger
07-02-2012, 07:48 AM
i just found a player with a level 8 nano , in the eighties which looks out of place as his base is nothing special and he doesnt have a big army or base so it looks out of place , also have been looking at his base in last 2 days and it looks like none of his builings have been collected from apart from the level 8 nano , it could be that he is not playing at the moment and someone is hitting up his nano around the same time every day , im hoping i can raid it sometime , how the hell he did that i don't know , my guess is he hacked the game to do it . i saved around 13m and sold 2 rail guns to get nanos, saved up 18m really quick once with couple of 1.25m payouts in event and couldn't wait for an upgrade to finnish to upgrade a nano as 2 players started attacking so gt a 14m upgrade instead , may have to sell 2 rail guns to do level 2 and sell 5 rail guns to do level 3 on nano's. will test the water for saving up 20m again soon when build up defence a bit , there is always a danger when saving i start to panic :)

albeezy
07-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Albeezy, but this is massive difference... Have you checked what stats 90LVL has compared to you?

Maybe rival list is generated not according to LVL, but to A/D stats?

Guys, what is your opinion? Is it more linked to LVL/ally nb or military power like A/D status?

It was weird when I saw it, that is why had to check out his base and stats. They were lower than mine so of course I had to tap him a few times. That was the first time I had seen a rival below the low 130s in a long time. Normally I only see levels 130 and up.

Deskjockey
07-02-2012, 05:21 PM
@Deskjockey - what's your level and def score? I wonder if you are technically in whale territory, or if you simply just strong enough to withstand attacks. I keep feeling that I'm just a few thousand points from good enough defense, but that goal remains elusive.

Sorry for the late reply--the storms out here in the East coast caused us to lose power over the weekend and again (briefly, thank God!) tonight. I built both nanos and upgraded my oil rigs when I was in levels 74 to 78, so my advice may not apply to someone in your situation (in whale territory). My stats were roughly 19K/24K at the time, give or take a thousand, but I boosted them by about a thousand before starting on my building spree.

nerdi
07-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Free strategy-

Upgrade both oil rigs to level 3.
Upgrade both recycling plants to level 7.
Upgrade both ore mines to level 8.
Upgrade both oil refinerys to level 5.
Upgrade both munitions stockpiles to level 10.

Organize all of these to collect at around 6-7am whatever your time zone is.

Bankroll 10million, then collect close to $7 million of those easily attainable upgrades.

Collect your other buildings, raid a few people and sell off some of your other money buildings and youll hit 20 million easily without getting attacked.

Ive got both nano's, 20k attack 20k defense, 470k and growing as we speak.

Thanks

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
@nerdi really good idea never thought of it that way :p. to bad I already have both nanos :)

Lordsloss
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Free strategy-

Upgrade both oil rigs to level 3.
Upgrade both recycling plants to level 7.
Upgrade both ore mines to level 8.
Upgrade both oil refinerys to level 5.
Upgrade both munitions stockpiles to level 10.

Organize all of these to collect at around 6-7am whatever your time zone is.

Bankroll 10million, then collect close to $7 million of those easily attainable upgrades.

Collect your other buildings, raid a few people and sell off some of your other money buildings and youll hit 20 million easily without getting attacked.

Ive got both nano's, 20k attack 20k defense, 470k and growing as we speak.

Thanks
Note to self, find out what time zone you are in and hit you around then. Got it!

nerdi
07-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Ha, im a level 71 come get me! I will not have any money unvaulted for a long time, im going to lvl10 all of my smaller buildings for now, ivegot my alarm clock set for my collect time so good luck raiding!

dee17
07-07-2012, 08:35 AM
@nerdi good idea, I was planning that as well but currently can only collect ~$5m if timed correctly, so still have many more upgrades to go. Then I got impatient this last week and built both Nanos by selling my Space Centers and hitting some bosses :p

Advice for players planning to sell buildings:Space Centers and Nuclear Plants are much more time efficient than Railguns.
Space Center: 48hr build time for $6m sell value = 8hr for $1m
Nuclear: 36 hr build time for $4m sell value = 9hr for $1m
Railgun: 72hr build time for $3m sell value = 24hr for $1m
So only go for Railguns after you've built both SC / Nukes, or if you can't afford SC / Nukes.
For the next few weeks I expect to be constantly building and tearing down Space Centers (and Railguns to a lesser extent) to fund upgrades up to ~$30m.
My Nukes are already Lv2 so can't include them in this plan unfortunately.

Tctiger
07-07-2012, 04:37 PM
But if you have every free building I think you are better off selling rail guns as I have nothing else to build and am not losing the income from space centres ect , you either lose income or some defence take you pick .

Tctiger
07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
10m in volt 5 rail guns sold =15m so that's 25m right there do some raids and save some first to , leave some missions with last tap to complete , could add to that some palm trees and even reaching goal allies can be collected with a couple of requests on hand , all these things add up but most of all you need a bit of luck that no one attacks , if you lose 3m and have no energy or stamina left and you have sold buildings ect it is hard to get that 3m back that is the nightmare situation that I dred.

albeezy
08-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Okay, now that most of my upgrades to oil rigs and epps under $20million are done, it is time to start strategizing for the 30 million upgrades. Havent seen anyone post this that I can recall so I thought I would jsut point out that if you sell a building that has been upgraded you get 1/2 the purchas price AND half the upgrade price. I konw a lot of people say selling buildings is not the way to go, but I will have to in order to get epps and oil rigs level 6+. A railgun will net you 2.85 million when sold. If you upgrade it to level 2 (9.7 million) you can net about 7 million for selling it. Not sure I will do this, havent seen the upgrade time for it, and it is a huge waste, but eventually I will have to find a way to get 25+ million over vault limit for upgrades and will never be able to do it without being creative.

albeezy
08-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Okay, now that most of my upgrades to oil rigs and epps under $20million are done, it is time to start strategizing for the 30 million upgrades. Havent seen anyone post this that I can recall so I thought I would jsut point out that if you sell a building that has been upgraded you get 1/2 the purchas price AND half the upgrade price. I konw a lot of people say selling buildings is not the way to go, but I will have to in order to get epps and oil rigs level 6+. A railgun will net you 2.85 million when sold. If you upgrade it to level 2 (9.7 million) you can net about 7 million for selling it. Not sure I will do this, havent seen the upgrade time for it, and it is a huge waste, but eventually I will have to find a way to get 25+ million over vault limit for upgrades and will never be able to do it without being creative.

Selling buildings is lame and upgrading railguns is a waste of time! There I said before you had too!

Miner
08-06-2012, 12:22 PM
My strategy has always been build an army that few on your rivals list can defeat, then take all the time you need to collect. Time, in my opinion, is the most valuable resource in the game. The railguns and other defense buildings can take days to re-build and you're losing 50% of your investment (which takes TIME to recover). Baby steps is the best approach. Get strong. Get rich. Then get richer.

albeezy
08-06-2012, 12:26 PM
My strategy has always been build an army that few on your rivals list can defeat, then take all the time you need to collect. Time, in my opinion, is the most valuable resource in the game. The railguns and other defense buildings can take days to re-build and you're losing 50% of your investment (which takes TIME to recover). Baby steps is the best approach. Get strong. Get rich. Then get richer.
That is why I am playing it slow in KA. In MW I am level 147 so its too late for me!

Ryans67
08-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I personally don't mind selling buildings. I've built just about everything, so it does not hinder me to rebuild something. I sell the nuclear plants all the time for land expansions. Vault $10m, go raid until $12-14m. Then sell the NPP's, and space centers if necessary. I don't sell buildings that have been upgraded. Upgrade time is the most precious resource...

el_gringo
08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I just got my first, I tried too hard to save and was sat on 18.4 million for the whole of level 59 quickly trying to level up so I could build the damn thing!

Everson25
08-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm just saving to upgrade my Nano to level 3. I can get to 25m with no problem but I still need to come with a plan how to get 13m more. After I think level 4 will be a dream.

MadManDK
08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I agree with Miner (get the strength and then relax for the build) and for me at level 84 it seems like these between event days are perfect, started building my first Nano when I finished both events and when it was done today, I started my second Nano. Finding the cash was no big deal (plenty good stuff to raid).

albeezy
08-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Oh the good old days below level 100. They seem like just yesterday

Poopenshire
08-06-2012, 01:01 PM
actualy its not bad below 130 right now. was cruising the last few days with over 8 mil over vault. no one even tried to touch it. I am level 125 and its rather fun here.

Jp lfs
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM
actualy its not bad below 130 right now. was cruising the last few days with over 8 mil over vault. no one even tried to touch it. I am level 125 and its rather fun here.

Stay there as long as you can, lol. Because you can pretty much forget about upgrading your Nano's after 130. I never go over vault, and I always collect on time. Not as much fun upgrading your supply depot's and armories, but you can forget about the big ones for good once you cross that line.

albeezy
08-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Stay there as long as you can, lol. Because you can pretty much forget about upgrading your Nano's after 130. I never go over vault, and I always collect on time. Not as much fun upgrading your supply depot's and armories, but you can forget about the big ones for good once you cross that line.
You dont have to forget about it, just have to be more creative in finding ways to QUICKLY acquire cash for the larger upgrades

boardgames rule
08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Right now i almost have a 300k income and am thinking about going for a level 4 oil rig.

albeezy
08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Awesome for only level 40

boardgames rule
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks right now thinking i will start on that in about 2 weeks. Until then i will be upgrading my other oil rig to level 3 from 1. And upgrading desals and rescllye plants to level 5.

SeqWins
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Right now i almost have a 300k income and am thinking about going for a level 4 oil rig.

Good job buddy you've come a long way, BTW I'm in your lvl now...we should FFN one of these days....

boardgames rule
08-06-2012, 04:34 PM
You have double the allies and I don't want to increase allies

SeqWins
08-06-2012, 04:39 PM
It's cool..let me know if you're ever ready..I have been trying to FFN with every one around my level for the past couple of months lol..

Giebdry I beat so many times before he joined the forums and then we allied up..
James_Mac keeps falling behind in levels and so does Murkya
And you well..we have an ally issue.

BTW send me a pm if you want to know a strategy for camping yet leveling up PVP rank at the same time...

BODA82
08-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Great info in this thread! Looking to start saving for my first Nano now and wasn't sure the best way to go. I'll have to give at least one of these strats a shot. ;)

Giedrybe
08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Giebdry I beat so many times before he joined the forums and then we allied up..

If it's me who is mentioned in your post, so you did it ONCE, but I agree you could do it whatever number of times if you'd wish. And you beat me when I was 8 days old and was happily and easily "level upping" in both PVE and PVP. Actually if I remember correctly yours and some other player's stats made me to think that this game can be played in some different manner. So thanks for that and thanks to everybody, who has contributed in FAQs etc, as I found many interesting opinions which helped to build up my current concept/approach for a game.

Tanner
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
So, may I ask, how has everyone's strategy worked out? Albeezy? Deskjockey? Please indicate whether you're a gold spender or COMPLETELY free player as I haven't found a single free player yet who can "get stronger then richer and richer." Although I think theoretically that sounds good, it doesn't work in free player-ville.

Gambit12
10-11-2012, 06:43 PM
So, may I ask, how has everyone's strategy worked out? Albeezy? Deskjockey? Please indicate whether you're. Good spender or COMPLETELY free player as I haven't found a single free player yet who can "get stronger then richer and richer." Although I think theoretically that sounds good, it doesn't work in free player-vill.

CCM might show up later & close this thread for Necroing...

Dr. Dengus
10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
This thread is in the FAQs section (sticked by HK) ... it's still relevant so please don't lock it CCM.

So, may I ask, how has everyone's strategy worked out? Albeezy? Deskjockey? Please indicate whether you're a gold spender or COMPLETELY free player as I haven't found a single free player yet who can "get stronger then richer and richer." Although I think theoretically that sounds good, it doesn't work in free player-ville.

It's possible for free players to go over vault (if that's what you were implying), it just takes a little strategy. Toying with ally count to find a niche in your bracket. Getting a composite factory through TapJoy gold and getting it lvl 10 is a near must. That added with buying hundreds and hundreds of Mine Launchers or Stealth Surveillance Drones to help skyrocket your D, whichever you prefer.

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-11-2012, 06:56 PM
You have to adjust to the game options...

Tanner
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
You have to adjust to the game options...

Srsly,
WTH?

albeezy
10-11-2012, 09:46 PM

I have built two nanos have two level 9 Ore mines, 2 level 5 oil rigs, a level 5 and level 6 oil refinery and level 4/5 epps. Each of these requires going over vault by anywhere from 7-20 million+ for an upgrade so I would say my strategy has worked. I can't sit in piles of cash yet but I'm working on building my army with ssds and mine launchers. One day might even buy me some aircraft carriers.

JohnnyR
10-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Just fought and raided to get 10 million I needed over vault right now, must say it wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be.. Got lucky in finding a massively loaded cash cow, helped me get halfway there which was nice.

Totally free player here, not the best stats at lvl 125 (actually pretty weak in comparison to some of the elite here at less than 40k attack) and sold no building to get here, nor did I hit any bosses (though a few are lined up). Might need to do that for an upgrade, but I got plenty of other upgrades I have to take care of till then.

My simple strategy:
-Upgrade every 12/24/48 hour building as far as you can and sync them all.
-Keep 10 mil on you at all times (vaulted!)
-After heavy collection (48th hour) empty energy and then go on the prowl for uncollected buildings from rivals.
-Build nano!

Not sure if I've been a bit lucky lately, but I've been finding lots of uncollected buildings in bases. I actually got most of my money from raids rather than collections, but using this strategy I'm looking forward to upgrading these badboys.

iWar
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
The new outback compound map is great for big upgrades imo. 5-12m for final hit, pretty sweet. 615 energy x 22

Giedrybe
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
JohnnyR, I would add one additional point to the strategy you mentioned - don't level up too fast. This thing alone can let you build nanos and even upgrade them without sleepless nights. With reasonable speed of level up, you are usually able to keep up with needed army stats.

So the exact strategy for Tanner would depend on his current situation. Level, stats, allies and how competitive he feels in his environment.

Poopenshire
10-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Just to add to this, boosts are your best friend. So many players do not understand boosts. Invest your time and effort in getting the composite factory (tapjoy or what ever) and invest in getting your other boosts as well. upgrade them as high as possible. This will help out alot. I just started a Nano upgrade to level 2 without anything crazy but simply collecting my money and waiting.

Dhusagar
10-12-2012, 04:41 AM
Just to add to this, boosts are your best friend. So many players do not understand boosts. Invest your time and effort in getting the composite factory (tapjoy or what ever) and invest in getting your other boosts as well. upgrade them as high as possible. This will help out alot. I just started a Nano upgrade to level 2 without anything crazy but simply collecting my money and waiting.

Just started upgrading my second one to level 2 and I concur.

Ryans67
10-12-2012, 10:10 AM
JohnnyR, I would add one additional point to the strategy you mentioned - don't level up too fast. This thing alone can let you build nanos and even upgrade them without sleepless nights. With reasonable speed of level up, you are usually able to keep up with needed army stats.

So the exact strategy for Tanner would depend on his current situation. Level, stats, allies and how competitive he feels in his environment.

And don't retaliate when people attack you. Alot of people at the lower levels are moving up quickly, so even if they hit you, it might be the only time, so long as you don't get on their news feed.

Chris1324
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
wish that were possible.

EnjoyLife
10-17-2012, 04:00 PM
wish that were possible.

Why isn't it possible to not retaliate when people attack you?

Poopenshire
10-17-2012, 04:07 PM
It is possible since only those that attack me are glitchers anymore.

bobsmith
10-17-2012, 04:08 PM
It is possible since only those that attack me are glitchers anymore.

If they attack and lose, just whoop them back until they beg for you to stop. This is war by the way.

Poopenshire
10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Doesn't work with Glitchers, since they never lose units you can attack and they will never feel the effects. its like a free all gold army.

andy_xyz2004
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
If they attack and lose, just whoop them back until they beg for you to stop. This is war by the way.

they wont back if lost, but if they got ur money, they'll back again and again.

bobsmith
10-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Haven't really had to much of that yet. Some here and there but no one back for seconds yet.

andy_xyz2004
10-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Haven't really had to much of that yet. Some here and there but no one back for seconds yet.

I have one, seems he's glitcher, when i attack back i lost many unit,
So i let him level up and spam his wall 😄 😄