PDA

View Full Version : need some building advice

duelblade
04-17-2012, 12:59 PM
since I found my ipod touch last month I started a new account however since I work 8 hours a day I simply cannot make 6/3 hours work unlike my iphone that has unlimited internet so I decided to try out what most of you seem to follow and go 8/12/1d/2d but I wanna know is just how old of buildings do you keep?

Im trying to decide if I should rebuild my warehouses and possibly the electronics store also I always thought that clothing shops were junk but idk so what do you guys keep or sell wen it comes to long buildings?

btw its currently 47

jmeijer
04-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Use the 'Best of the Best'-guides at the top of the forum.

duelblade
04-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Use the 'Best of the Best'-guides at the top of the forum.

im not asking the best ways since I already know all that I wanna hear peoples strategies that do long payout buildings only

jmeijer
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
It depends on how many times you collect your buildings. For instance, I have a lot of free time to collect my buildings, so I have a lot of buildings with different pay-out schemes. You work a lot, so I would build a lot of 12hr and 24hr buildings.

duelblade
04-17-2012, 01:19 PM
It depends on how many times you collect your buildings. For instance, I have a lot of free time to collect my buildings, so I have a lot of buildings with different pay-out schemes. You work a lot, so I would build a lot of 12hr and 24hr buildings.

I can go on my phone at work but they don't have wifi so I never bring my ipod touch and most of my iphones hood is 1,3,6 hours so im asking for advice since I don't do long building payout nearly as much as 1,3,6 so im looking to see what low level long payout buildings I should build and what ones I shouldn't even build.

Burn
04-17-2012, 01:36 PM
I've just sold off a bunch. Electronics gone. Bagels gone. Meat Factory, Fish Store, History Museum, all gone.

Have kept Pawn, Tattoo, Gun Shop and Warehouse, but they will go when I need the space.

Keepers are Houses, Internet, Beach, Crematoriums (mistake to buy, might sell them eventually), Brownstones, Movie Theatres, Lofts, Dominicans, Upscales, Condos and from Gold, Hard Rocks and Gent Clubs.

Can't comment on 8 hours, I sold them up quite early in game, even sold Smoke Shops which I'd used Gold on.

But don't follow me, my economy is not a focus, I mostly fight and rob.

frenda
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Burn, good advice. I'm sitting on the fence with some of the ones you've sold off, but they'll go soon enough. I'm still not busting at the seams, but before I expand again, I will sell off all the ones you have in your top line. It's good to see that keeping the ones you list in your second line was a good choice, I agree with you on those too. I'm not sure that the cramatorium is a bad choice until I start trying to upgrade. I'm building my economy to support my rob attack habit. ;)

Santa
04-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Later in game will probably sell my pawn shops and maybe my tattoo parlors too...

IMHO, Warehouse = Waste of time.

Burn
04-17-2012, 02:03 PM
@frenda thx

The other thing I find is with long payout buildings on 12 hour synch I collect 100% (unless I get robbed).

All well and good having a nice fat number on paper for a bunch of 1/3/6/8 hour buildings, but I bet most don't collect anywhere near the 100% (unless they have mad OCD).

Even 8 hours would compromise that - I rob Pirates a lot, and even though they are one of the big payers I avoided building them because the 8 hour thing is no good for me.

Just my little bit of input, but I stress again I'm no economist, so take this with a pinch of salt. What I do know is my collections are easy, and my robs against are running at a low rate (5526 robs won, 97 lost).

duelblade
04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
alright thanks guys...I guess just look at the buildings you don't think are worth upgrading like I don't think bringing back warehouse would be worthwhile since I have access to internet buildings now and I think electronics stores are kinda useless but I think Ill go ahead and buy back my bagel shops since they take up so little space and Ill just decide what buildings I think are worth building and upgrading in the future as they open up.

frenda
04-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Burn, +1 on the OCD. the 6/8/18 buildings give me something to do and hardly anyone robs them since they're not the big targets like MTs and Lofts. but yeah, started robbing more lately and the payoff is amazing. made $240K off one poor guy last night. collect on time and you don't get robbed. :)

mac daddy
04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I've just sold off a bunch. Electronics gone. Bagels gone. Meat Factory, Fish Store, History Museum, all gone.

Have kept Pawn, Tattoo, Gun Shop and Warehouse, but they will go when I need the space.

Keepers are Houses, Internet, Beach, Crematoriums (mistake to buy, might sell them eventually), Brownstones, Movie Theatres, Lofts, Dominicans, Upscales, Condos and from Gold, Hard Rocks and Gent Clubs.

Can't comment on 8 hours, I sold them up quite early in game, even sold Smoke Shops which I'd used Gold on.

But don't follow me, my economy is not a focus, I mostly fight and rob.

I'm intrigued by your response. Since economy is not your focus, what led to the decision to sell off those particular buildings, while keeping the others?

Dizz
04-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I actually don't think it is a good decision to sell money buildings, especially if you have spent a lot of time upgrading them. At level 47, or around level 50, I would say meat factories, smoke shops with Tapjoy, and maybe bagel shops. Don't do warehouses like most people have said cause they really are useless. One is at level 7 now but only makes like 16k every 2 days, and took so much time and money to get there

Burn
04-18-2012, 02:41 AM
I'm intrigued by your response. Since economy is not your focus, what led to the decision to sell off those particular buildings, while keeping the others?

My decision is not at all complex, so apologies in advance ;)

I play the game to fight and rob. Buildings and economy are very much of secondary importance.

I keep the nicer buildings that i like the look of, or that pay out a decent number for small footprint. Ugly buildings (Meat Factory, Electronics, etc) and those that don't pay so well without expensive upgrades (Bagels, Fish Store) all went in the bin.

The only building that contradicts the above is the Gentlemans Club, which is a bit of an ugly beast. I think once the novelty of owning them wears off (I bought them yesterday!!), they will be going behind some trees, or hidden behind a bigger building.

When I say I am not economy focused, I mean I have never camped, never slowed down leveling whilst waiting for a building to upgrade, and never been overly concerned about the revenue I earn from buildings beyond the simplistic "OK, that upgrade looks worthwhile" line of thinking.

I don't use spreadsheets to plan my income. I use M4A1s to steal my income :D

Bala82
04-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Well your lucky Burn you don't worry about your hood economy- I having a nightmare figure out which ones i need :(

While best of Best give you general guidelines i look buildings on Wika page (http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Money_Buildings) - How to decide which ones to buy? the spreadsheet is good which i have downloaded.

When your presented with this many choices how can you plan ?

duelblade
04-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Well your lucky Burn you don't worry about your hood economy- I having a nightmare figure out which ones i need :(

While best of Best give you general guidelines i look buildings on Wika page (http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Money_Buildings) - How to decide which ones to buy? the spreadsheet is good which i have downloaded.

When your presented with this many choices how can you plan ?

yea that's what I normally use, I like the pretty pictures :P

one of these days I should just spend all day transferring information from are spreadsheet to help the n00bz since Its really annoying to only have half the info on wiki and its much easier to access

frenda
04-18-2012, 03:12 PM
yea that's what I normally use, I like the pretty pictures :P

one of these days I should just spend all day transferring information from are spreadsheet to help the n00bz since Its really annoying to only have half the info on wiki and its much easier to access

that would be cool since i can't get to the spreadsheets at work. for some reason they're blocked. i like to check things out on breaks or while waiting for phone calls, etc. it'd be nice to have access to the info other than on my small phone.

Burn, i feel'ya. i'm pretty much the same way. i made more in one round of robberies on one victim than i made in a 12 hour collection cycle. not bad, lol.

duelblade
04-18-2012, 03:15 PM
that would be cool since i can't get to the spreadsheets at work. for some reason they're blocked. i like to check things out on breaks or while waiting for phone calls, etc. it'd be nice to have access to the info other than on my small phone.

Burn, i feel'ya. i'm pretty much the same way. i made more in one round of robberies on one victim than i made in a 12 hour collection cycle. not bad, lol.

yea I can only access them on my laptop my main computer and iphone won't even open them

frenda
04-18-2012, 03:17 PM
yea I can only access them on my laptop my main computer and iphone won't even open them

oh okay, i thought i was the only technologically challenged player here, LOL.