PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

BobbyHill
04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I need advice on how to play the game better (lol) i am level 26 with 56 in my mob. my mafia attack is 682 and defense is 780. I lose pretty much everytime i attack someone lately and idk what to do to get better weapons. I have experience with games like this (farming weapons and etc) but i dont know where to farm, ive pretty much just been doing the jobs in my goals and thats it. Any information would help, thanks.

rareay84
04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Farming weapons gives you experience which levels you up and exposes you to stronger players. Harvesting cash from your buildings doesn't level you up.

Stop PvE and PvP, and instead build and level up your cash buildings and buy guns until your stats are better - like AT/DF of 2000. Remember, every mafia you have can use 1 each of guns, melee, armor, and cars.

sexkitteh
04-17-2012, 09:56 AM
At lvl 26 it helps to get your mob up to it's level and from what I was told it is 5 times your level - so at 26 you should have 130 mob members.

Have 130 of every item - even if it's a cheap stat of 1/1. That's what I'm currently doing... my stats suck too (._.)

Also when you attack read the players stats to somewhat make sure you can kill him ^^

I don't get attacked that much honestly... maybe 3-4 times over night and then retaliation attacks until we both agree to add each other lol

sexkitteh
04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
ALSO! Remember to ATTACK a lot (so invest into stamina - something I didn't do from getgo)...

Attacking players give you almost better items than you can buy (without spending gold)...

Like I just got an M14 Sniper Rifle 9attack7defense... It's the best way to "farm" for items...

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:12 AM
ALSO! Remember to ATTACK a lot (so invest into stamina - something I didn't do from getgo)...

Attacking players give you almost better items than you can buy (without spending gold)...

Like I just got an M14 Sniper Rifle 9attack7defense... It's the best way to "farm" for items...

+1 And attacking and robbing doesn't make you level as quickly as purely farming does either. Wish someone had told me that earlier, lol.

murf
04-17-2012, 10:19 AM
+1 And attacking and robbing doesn't make you level as quickly as purely farming does either. Wish someone had told me that earlier, lol.

Yeah, I'm starting to agree with guys about this at the lower levels if you do PvP, I do, though, think you should start farming when you unlock Junkyard at level 30. Vehicles are very hard to come by and Lowriders with 6A, 6D, and a drop rate of .94/1000 energy is worthwhile. And you will probably use these until you can farm Empire Buses much, much later on.

jmeijer
04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't know if you can get to Boardwalk, if so: farm the rusty M4A1. 7ATT/11DEF. It's good for your level and the drop rate is good.

sexkitteh
04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
by farming Junkyard - do you mean junkyard in general? or is there a specific mission you recommend?

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't know if you can get to Boardwalk, if so: farm the rusty M4A1. 7ATT/11DEF. It's good for your level and the drop rate is good.

That's still my fave. Drop rate IS good and the cash payback is decent too. Average of about $2400. It's a nice cash reserve, especially when you're short money to open an ATM or do an upgrade.

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to agree with guys about this at the lower levels if you do PvP, I do, though, think you should start farming when you unlock Junkyard at level 30. Vehicles are very hard to come by and Lowriders with 6A, 6D, and a drop rate of .94/1000 energy is worthwhile. And you will probably use these until you can farm Empire Buses much, much later on.

I've never seen that kind of drop rate on the Lowriders. I wish! But good luck, and I agree, in theory it's a great Loot location.

Swifty
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
All you beginners: RTFM. Everyone else too.

And since there is no manual (heh), read the stickied best of best guides.

And examine the following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdHl6RXFncTlLVDY5NjdvQ3FZWmF3e Wc#gid=6

Yes, I know it is tedious. Do it anyway.

sexkitteh
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdHl6RXFncTlLVDY5NjdvQ3FZWmF3e Wc#gid=6

I'd rather have a forum conversation about the topic tyvm t(>.>)

But seriously... not to get too cheeky ^^... I have read the guides and stuff and they are very helpful... still fun to discuss though :)

CounterSniper
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I've never seen that kind of drop rate on the Lowriders. I wish! But good luck, and I agree, in theory it's a great Loot location.

I have 24 lowriders just from farming during last 2 event at the Junkyard

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I've done that, and I still learn new stuff all the time here. There's so much in those threads and they tend to overlap some, so it's easy to get lost or miss something. I know I've read stuff and still needed someone to explain it to me, especially some of those spreadsheets. Great info, but hard for a liberal arts guy to wrap his head around, at times.

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:37 AM
I have 24 lowriders just from farming during last 2 event at the Junkyard

Dude, I'd kill for just half that many. I think I've gotten 2 total from about 3 full bars of energy.

mnju_03
04-17-2012, 10:37 AM

lol

I'd rather have a forum conversation about the topic tyvm t(>.>)

But seriously... not to get too cheeky ^^... I have read the guides and stuff and they are very helpful... still fun to discuss though :)

I vote for both...Let's read the stickys and then converse about it...

BobbyHill
04-17-2012, 10:38 AM

when u say you got an item from attacking someone do u mean u bought it from where it says the weapons they used?

Swifty
04-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Again apologies, I have made the same mistake yet again.

I do not mean to RTFM instead of talking about it here, I mean do it in addition to talking about it here.

CounterSniper
04-17-2012, 10:40 AM
when u say you got an item from attacking someone do u mean u bought it from where it says the weapons they used?

Successful attacks randomly drop LOOT, ie weapons, cars, etc.

sexkitteh
04-17-2012, 10:40 AM

No when you attack a player they will drop items randomly... like an rpg game were you slash and they drop loot...

same idea.... I've gotten countless uzies (actually I think I could count them probably around 10 lol) sniper rifles steyr aug masks helmets and other stuff...

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:41 AM

your lucky Bobby Hill is one of my fave characters on tv...

when you attack or rob someone, every so often an item will show up at the top, like a Steyr AUG or butterfly knife, etc. you get that for winning the atk/rob. i got some pretty cool stuff, like several ATMs and even a Pimp's Lowrider, with 16 Atk and 9 Def. not a bad little reward. :)

sexkitteh

I do not mean to RTFM instead of talking about it here, I mean do it in addition to talking about it here.

We know ^^

just givin ya a hard time!

jmeijer
when u say you got an item from attacking someone do u mean u bought it from where it says the weapons they used?Sometimes, when you win an attack, you'll get some loot. It's at the same line as where the XP and respect is.

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:43 AM

and just RTFM doesn't allow me to converse with charming, witty people such as you, Swifty and CS. :)

BobbyHill
04-17-2012, 10:44 AM
ive never once had an item drop..do u mean when u actually go to there "hood" and attack them or when ur just in your rival list and u click attack

frenda
04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
ive never once had an item drop..do u mean when u actually go to there "hood" and attack them or when ur just in your rival list and u click attack

NEVER just click attack in your rival list. I learned the hard way in Modern War. Again, NEVER EVER...

sexkitteh
04-17-2012, 10:46 AM
yeah go to their hood (that's where I get mine)

and that's why you need lots of stamina cause you don't get something every hit...

it's random... I can get 10 -20 wins and no loot and suddenly bam 6 loot in a row...

frenda
click rob first, to go their hood. check their stats, won/loss, defense, etc, then rob if they have buildings with good payouts that have not been collected, or attack, especially if they have money they didn't bank!!! :)

sexkitteh
sorry - it double posted

murf
04-17-2012, 11:21 AM
by farming Junkyard - do you mean junkyard in general? or is there a specific mission you recommend?

Check out that link...I find it very accurate, and when a job says it drops loot .94/1000 energy used. You will get on average .94/1000 energy used, NOT automatically get 1 every 1000 energy. You will experience streaks just like any random process. So, if you go 3000 energy without a drop, it's just random, because more then likely you went through a streak where you got 3-5 / 1000, and don't remember. We tend to not remember the above average outcomes but focus on the cold streaks.

And if you want to confirm the numbers, make sure you have a large sample size to give you a high confidence level in your testing.

Swifty
04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
@frenda and BobbyHill

Bobby Hill from Hill Street Blues? Or a different Bobby Hill?

sexkitteh
04-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm thinking bobby hill as in king of the hill...

How old are you????

frenda
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
@frenda and BobbyHill

Bobby Hill from Hill Street Blues? Or a different Bobby Hill?

the ONLY Bobby Hill!!! from King of the Hill... :)