PDA

View Full Version : Will Skill Help Me?????

Fig Oni
04-17-2012, 05:24 AM
The new event has started and the final reward is a +40 attack skill points.

Now my question is, since day 1 I've never added any skill points on my MW account which is now at lvl 19 and the skill point on defence or attack makes no different the only difference is the weapons owned.

If you have high attack skill point but low weapon attack point = Weak mafia.

Also low attack point but high weapon attack point = Competitive mafia.

Am I wrong or are skill point the hidden IT factor in the game.

Hank
04-17-2012, 05:25 AM
hey, i just posted the same thing!

Fig Oni
04-17-2012, 05:28 AM
hey, i just posted the same thing!

I too posted on your thread. lol.

Burn
04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
The answer to this is shrouded in mystery.

I am at 1200 Energy and 70 Stamina, and don't feel there is much point in adding any more to those numbers.

So recently I've been sharing Skill points between Att and Def, for no reason other than I am unsure what they do, so I might as well level them equally until I get a better explanation.

Sorry, that's not much help is it :/

An answer from LFizzle would be great, even if only a hint.

jaywalker
04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
From reading various posts and excel sheets:

(level / 10) * defence skill = extra defence
(level / 10) * attack skill = extra attack

Capped at level 100.
Ex level 50 with 40 attack:
50/10 * 40 = 200

Ex level 100 with 40 attack:
100/10 * 40 = 400

Sav Clarke
04-17-2012, 05:51 AM
Ahh - Thanks Jaywalker - an explanation from L Fizzle or Mark would be great though, even if its to confirm the above is true

xclusiv
04-17-2012, 06:59 AM
when you add a skill point to your attack or defense does your actual attack and defense numbers change?

slackerboy
04-17-2012, 07:04 AM
Not that I have seen. Still trying to figure out what actual benefit it gives you.

Then again I have invested 115 of them, which do seem to be working for me

Fig Oni
04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
when you add a skill point to your attack or defense does your actual attack and defense numbers change?

No.
All other answers are speculations.

Rhino72
04-17-2012, 07:11 AM
IF you take a look in this thread you will see links to a few CC Mark posts:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24065-Defense-buildings-revisited&p=163435#post163435

After seeing the new weapon with + 40 attack I am really starting to think that the multiplier of 10 at levels about 100 might be right. If it was much higher than that would Funzio really be giving such an weapon that could boost attack in the 1000s for example? I guess who knows and that will always be the "multiplier" or "random element" we don't know about.

Burn
04-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Fig is correct. The answer is speculative.

You fight someone with stats near your own. Let's say you win 5, you lose 5.

I'm assuming with more points put into Att and Def Skills, if exactly the same scenario was played over again, you might then Win 6 and lose 4.

There is certainly some random sh!t in there, and presumably if you have more Skill points than your rival, then the balance is tipped further in your favour.

I'm speculating :D

murf
04-17-2012, 07:19 AM
IF you take a look in this thread you will see links to a few CC Mark posts:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24065-Defense-buildings-revisited&p=163435#post163435

After seeing the new weapon with + 40 attack I am really starting to think that the multiplier of 10 at levels about 100 might be right. If it was much higher than that would Funzio really be giving such an weapon that could boost attack in the 1000s for example? I guess who knows and that will always be the "multiplier" or "random element" we don't know about.

I'm thinking the same thing...so in effect this new weapon has 744A, 197D vs the currently offered Slaughter Shotgun (310A, 153D) for 850 gold...what would you value that in gold terms? 2000? I'm not a gold weapon buyer, but this seems like one you should buy gold for if you do.

Rhino72
04-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Just buying gold does not guarantee you get this weapon so be very careful. Also if you are really interested in trying to get + 40 attack skill you can go back and bang out the first 20 maps to completetion and that is + 20 right there (of course it takes time). I would say crates are and will always be a better value until you get to the point where some of the crate items would do you no good.

Now if the random element and multiplier made this + 40 attack skill give you + 4000 instead of possibly + 400 then I would use gold to try and open / reset the boxes until I got it but that is something we will never know, sadly.

murf
04-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Just buying gold does not guarantee you get this weapon so be very careful. Also if you are really interested in trying to get + 40 attack skill you can go back and bang out the first 20 maps to completetion and that is + 20 right there (of course it takes time). I would say crates are and will always be a better value until you get to the point where some of the crate items would do you no good.

Now if the random element and multiplier made this + 40 attack skill give you + 4000 instead of possibly + 400 then I would use gold to try and open / reset the boxes until I got it but that is something we will never know, sadly.

I don't buy gold weapons, but there are a bunch of players who buy a lot of the limited time gold items, I'm just saying that if you get to 8-9 credit cards, it would be worth spending 1000+ gold to get the 10 credit card. As far as Funzio-priced items go, that would still be a good deal. Did I actually just write that?

Rhino72
04-17-2012, 08:16 AM
I don't buy gold weapons, but there are a bunch of players who buy a lot of the limited time gold items, I'm just saying that if you get to 8-9 credit cards, it would be worth spending 1000+ gold to get the 10 credit card. As far as Funzio-priced items go, that would still be a good deal. Did I actually just write that?

I spent 3500 to get the final emerald for the burner. Others spent more and didn't get it. I still feel dirty and as much as I like the burner I could have added 75 crate items for that cost. The only good thing is that I haven't used gold for an event since and it has made me feel much better knowing that.

CounterSniper
04-17-2012, 08:17 AM

A lot of people have tried that and failed. Its still random and not guaranteed. Some spent 1000's and didnt get the tenth.

frenda
04-17-2012, 09:07 AM
+1 I spent gold (Tapjoy) once and didn't get it, I just got some boxer shorts and a butterfly knife set. Just kidding, I got $100,000, which is okay, but it's still frustrating not getting the 10th item. I'd rather not spend gold and not get it than feel "screwed" by spending gold and not getting it. It really takes the fun out of it and I've read several people here express Rhino's sentiment. If I was using gold, I'd def buy crates.

frenda
04-17-2012, 09:09 AM
And to respond to the OP, I have quite a few skill points in def and some in atk, and I'm doing pretty good. I know I can't quantify it, but I think it's made the difference. And of course, like someone mentioned, there is also a randomness built in.