PDA

View Full Version : Why am I being attacked so much?

DILL3NGER
04-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Now dont get me wrong I understand that thats the principle of the game. But I'm being attacked on a regular basis, and by regular I mean 5/6 time an hour! I was being attacked almost daily by a particular player which made me leave a comment on his wall. He said that I appear on the list more than anyone else he sees which made me think.

Why am I so special to be on the list more than anyone else. Each time I get attacked I'm losing on average $300k of units which is making it almost impossible to improve my Att and def.

Any words of wisdom out there?

cheiz
04-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Hi Dill3nger, could you tell a little more about your stats, like:
country, level, attack and defense

DILL3NGER
04-17-2012, 03:47 AM
UK - Attack - 14458 Defence 18475 Level 100.

Looking at my level and my stats I am weak, I get that but why am I on the list so much? My attack and defence have been around this level for weeks because all I seem to be doing is replacing the units I lose.

cheiz
04-17-2012, 04:08 AM
OK, I've got no experience at lvl 100, but there are enough people here that could maybe give you some good advice. In the mean time:
- Are you at 500+ allies?
- Do you have any boost buildings (and at which level are they?)
- Any particular units that you are replacing? I.e. if you are only replacing the exact same units you lost, you might be buying a lot of units with high loss rate - which you will lose quickly again. If so, I would recommend replacing lost units only with very low casualty and high defence rate

Aidan
04-17-2012, 04:19 AM
I suspect tht u hv 500 or more allies. Am i right? JMC pointed out few days ago tht when u enter the whale region, u'll appear more in the rival list thn a plyr tht has alrdy been there for quite some time. Tht is his theory n observation. Seems about right judging from ur post there

Edit: gather from AO's info, there is a valor hunting fest going on right now. I'm not sure how the rival list at ur lvl work but if u hv plenty of pending ally request, u might wanna drop ur ally a bit n see if u cn drop from their radar. If it's not then u cn quickly add to full ally again. Tht is if u hv lots of pending request.

StuN
04-17-2012, 04:25 AM
You're already aware that you've levelled way too quickly. What's your income like, what units are you replacing? No good buying low lvl units, they'll just be cannon fodder & a waste of money. Max your vault & take the hits & losses while you do that. Then you can buy better units, boost buildings et al

At lvl 100 there's no point in reducing your ally count

Agent Orange
04-17-2012, 04:42 AM
UK - Attack - 14458 Defence 18475 Level 100.

Looking at my level and my stats I am weak, I get that but why am I on the list so much? My attack and defence have been around this level for weeks because all I seem to be doing is replacing the units I lose.

You have the perfect storm here, your player is weak so an easy target and if you have more than 498 allies you are going to get farmed for valor every two hours none stop. You can drop your ally count to get away from valor hunters but that is going to weaken you a lot so you need to concentrate on unit density and defense asap.

Aidan
04-17-2012, 04:50 AM
@AO can u tell us more on the allies tier? Just 2 tier now? Below n above 498?

DILL3NGER
04-17-2012, 05:12 AM
thanks for all the advise fellas. I did rank up way too quickly and have run into so many valor hunters its unreal. I've known for a while that I should stop ranking and consolidate but I think now is the time that I listen to that advise.

Agent Orange
04-17-2012, 06:15 AM
@AO can u tell us more on the allies tier? Just 2 tier now? Below n above 498?

I could tell you but then I'd have to valor farm ya! :p

Aidan
04-17-2012, 06:49 AM
I could tell you but then I'd have to valor farm ya! :p

LOL! Okay okay,i understand why u dont want to reveal tht. Urmm PM ME?? 😉

Poopenshire
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
I had two attacks on me this morning alone, really nice players attacked me and left me $30,000 each. how nice of them.

Maverick50727
04-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm Level 111 but running a low ally count of 320 right now. I can see rivals in the following ranges (L97-L117) and Ally count (154-437). So you must be higher than that range or have a different MW range because I don't see you or rememeber your ID. I would have fed on you too.

I'll have to let someone else with max allies speak to ranges at or above the max. I haven't been at my max for a while and the devs did make changes to the rivals groupings since then. When I was over my max though I could see anyone with over 500 allies. But note if they over 500, 500 is all that shows by their name in the. You have to look at the person attacking you and check their stats to see their actual ally count. Once you passed L90 you can alos been seen by higher levels even though you can't see them. I was hit by L165 as soon as I crossed the line. Check to see their levels in addition to ally counts. I'm not sure you can hide from teh biggest fish, but just make yourself less of a target by always vaulting (you should be 10mil or you are really in trouble) and keep money below your vault max. If they don't get anything repeatedly they may move on also.

Aidan
04-17-2012, 08:03 AM
OT

@mav sent u an ally request. Ur inbox is full. Aidan,russian lvl 88

Bronco928
04-17-2012, 08:23 AM
You can drop your ally count to get away from valor hunters but that is going to weaken you a lot so you need to concentrate on unit density and defense asap.

You will likely get raided instead, if you drop your ally count below 500; it seems like a common trend, since the valor changes.

cheiz
04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
OT

@mav sent u an ally request. Ur inbox is full. Aidan,russian lvl 88

Lol. me too! http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24827-Maximum-Valor-Points&p=173829#post173829
cheiz, russian lvl 69

Hugh Bris
04-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Raiders are one thing but in attacks all I really want is that valor so if you're weak I think it's kind of chicken-**** to keep attacking you (no matter how small the rival list is) when I have 70k attack/80k defence and youv'e got below 20k for both. If I just beat the crap out of you over and over then you'll quit because this becomes tedious and no fun.

I can only speak for myself but I was SO frustrated when factions and groups all ganged up on me. Now everyone knows I'm not affiliated but I still have to carefully look at my allies from time to time. Sucks but true. The enemy is the enemy but don't get a large mass of people to attack one person, you know? I'm sure a lot of you do know and have been on the short end of that stick.

My advice to you is going to be crappy. Camp out and just put up with the attacks for now. Don't do any missions, don't attack anyone. You're only going to make 1/3 or so of normal money so patience is required and it will be very difficult. Patience will be a true test - it's why Funzio has so much of my money :o

Just struggle through until you can get your vault up. It's going to be a few weeks before you're ready to do anything else. Depending on what your vault looks like now, I would go in this order:

Vault isn't that expensive -if you are really low build it up as main priority.

Priority 2 would be money buildings and not defence. They're going to take your money anyway so defence is not going to help yet. Upgrade money and try to build a couple more as well. Sit tight, take the lumps and collect often. Upgrade to money rather than spend on units. Nothing is really going to help right now anyway.

I think I've hit you a few times but I never really look at stats though. I hit twice and move on. I'm not saying anyone needs to do what I do, it's just respect because I bought everything while others were patient...

Best of luck to you!!

henri
04-17-2012, 11:44 PM
My advice is "once you reach close to level 100 just get mentally prepared to get hit & raid round-the-clock ruthlessly. there's no way out unless you quit the game totally."

Jp lfs
04-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm curious, how does one earn membership to one of the major alliances?

Jhoemel
04-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Im level 111 now and i havent seen u around, from what im reading in the forums, looks like i need to cut my allie count, i have more than one thousand allies now

And i almost quit modern war when i was being attacked non stopped everyday when i was weak, i realized i leveled up to fast and invest on buildings, so i use my money to buy units and raised my stats and when im finally stronger than them i returned the favor well

overkill 280
04-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Im level 111 now and i havent seen u around, from what im reading in the forums, looks like i need to cut my allie count, i have more than one thousand allies now

And i almost quit modern war when i was being attacked non stopped everyday when i was weak, i realized i leveled up to fast and invest on buildings, so i use my money to buy units and raised my stats and when im finally stronger than them i returned the favor wellYeah I found out the hard way as well..Just drop your allies way down.

JMC
04-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Ally ranges are really wide in the top tier. The top level people can probably see from 475+ allies or so. If you're under that, than the ally range looks something like what mav explained earlier. The 498 ally thing is just because the valor missions are capped at attacking people with 499 allies or more. They keep going but they never bring the amount of allies required up, so having 498 allies will make it especially unprofitable for many of those people to attack you. I'm still getting attacked a lot, currently at about 850 losses. 500 of them in the last week, compared to 350 of them over the last 4 months :/.

Jhoemel
04-23-2012, 07:19 AM
What is the whale area by the way? I read it in these forums quite a lot

mickymacirl
04-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Reduced my ally count by 100 has helped a lot.

Thunder Child
04-23-2012, 07:27 AM
What is the whale area by the way? I read it in these forums quite a lot
I think you just paid me a visit! The whale area is the term used by some to describe the territory dominated by heavy gold spenders (and others) who have considerable armies and may (or may not) make life 'uncomfortable' for lesser players who may then become shark bait! The point at which you enter this whale territory is being pushed up all the time, and is currently thought to be around L94. Are you in that area?

Jhoemel
04-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah i paid u a visit, i was reducing my friend list and i saw your name and i paid u a visit, oh i see, im in the whale area right now coz im in my level 111 now, but looks like im not a shark bait, i recieved just about 3 attacks per day and no raids, well im kinda happy at that

When i was in level 60-80, i feel like im in a whale zone because i was weak back then and had to endure attacks and raids non stop, glad i raised my stats and im the one paying back the debt now