PDA

View Full Version : On the subject of cheating...

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Sorry guys, I want to participate in the anti-cheating witch hunt, but I cannot until I come out with this. I innocently bought cheap crates just after going to v2.2 from v2.0.3 when the concept of crates was brand new, but before anyone had figured out the price was wrong. They seemed like a great buy at the time, which come to find out, they really were. Then, when the forum figured out that there was a glitch -- before Funzio knew, before it was considered a cheat, and before all the forum's members who first figured it out and discussed it got banned -- I did what was described to see if it was true and bought some more. That was about an hour after the first purchase. Then later, when there was still a bunch of confusion about what was going on, but some people were starting to figure it out, I gave it a third try and ended up paying full price. Fine by me. I figured that I will buy crates as long as Funzio is selling. If Funzio wanted to sell them on sale, all the better. I didn't really think of it as a cheat since it required absolutely no software manipulation, nor considered myself a cheater until a few threads sprung up (and subsequently got removed) with some very passionate people branding those who took advantage of the cheap prices as "cheaters." Seeing the hate and feeling guilty, I opened a ticket to Funzio explaining what I had done. That was ticket #62975. They told me that they have fixed the loophole, my "items would be nerfed somewhat to rebalance the game," and thanked me for my honesty.

To be clear, that was the only cheat/exploit/hack/reach-around I have ever participated in. At the time, if I had more money in my monthly budget, I probably would have bought even more. Looking back, I'm glad my own budget prevented me from buying more. I have since bought many many more crates and non-consumable explosives at full price and without a qualm. Even at full price, they are still the best gold items.

Hate me or forgive me, it's totally your choice. But I'm pretty tired of seeing the crate topic come up with as much animosity as there is. Not that it does often anymore, but this new cheaters witch hunt is stirring up the dust, so I'm going to come out with it so I don't feel like a hypocrite when/if I turn-in someone else for cheating, even if their method is far more blatant (e.g. cash cheat).

richard118
04-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Amen brother. Did funzio take back the cheaply bought crates and give u a refund?

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Amen brother. Did funzio take back the cheaply bought crates and give u a refund?

They've taken no action yet. My situation might be more difficult than other's because some were purchased innocently, some not, and most were purchased at full price. To complicate things further, I have a few original crate items that were gifted to me by Funzio from a different ticket.

Their response to me asking when the nerf would occur was "I do not have an ETA on the nerf, but you will be contacted before anything is done... This is a large process, and it will take a while."

I hope their solution is not to nerf the items, but to take away the items purchased cheaply and refund my gold. I'll just turn around and rebuy crates... at full price, which I am fine with.

sez
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Sorry guys, I want to participate in the anti-cheating witch hunt, but I cannot until I come out with this. I innocently bought cheap crates just after going to v2.2 from v2.0.3 when the concept of crates was brand new, but before anyone had figured out the price was wrong. They seemed like a great buy at the time, which come to find out, they really were. Then, when the forum figured out that there was a glitch -- before Funzio knew, before it was considered a cheat, and before all the forum's members who first figured it out and discussed it got banned -- I did what was described to see if it was true and bought some more. That was about an hour after the first purchase. Then later, when there was still a bunch of confusion about what was going on, but some people were starting to figure it out, I gave it a third try and ended up paying full price. Fine by me. I figured that I will buy crates as long as Funzio is selling. If Funzio wanted to sell them on sale, all the better. I didn't really think of it as a cheat since it required absolutely no software manipulation, nor considered myself a cheater until a few threads sprung up (and subsequently got removed) with some very passionate people branding those who took advantage of the cheap prices as "cheaters." Seeing the hate and feeling guilty, I opened a ticket to Funzio explaining what I had done. That was ticket #62975. They told me that they have fixed the loophole, my "items would be nerfed somewhat to rebalance the game," and thanked me for my honesty.

To be clear, that was the only cheat/exploit/hack/reach-around I have ever participated in. At the time, if I had more money in my monthly budget, I probably would have bought even more. Looking back, I'm glad my own budget prevented me from buying more. I have since bought many many more crates and non-consumable explosives at full price and without a qualm. Even at full price, they are still the best gold items.

Hate me or forgive me, it's totally your choice. But I'm pretty tired of seeing the crate topic come up with as much animosity as there is. Not that it does often anymore, but this new cheaters witch hunt is stirring up the dust, so I'm going to come out with it so I don't feel like a hypocrite when/if I turn-in someone else for cheating, even if their method is far more blatant (e.g. cash cheat).

Dillinja
04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Wouldnt worry about it too much, players will play and haters will hate.
What you did is what everyone else would have done given the opportunity, the only ones that are moaning are the that's didn't get a chance to get them cheap.

sez
04-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Wouldnt worry about it too much, players will play and haters will hate.
What you did is what everyone else would have done given the opportunity, the only ones that are moaning are the that's didn't get a chance to get them cheap.

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Arghhh why are we on the crates thing again?

Some a-hole created another thread about it.

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 10:27 PM

sez
04-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Some a-hole created another thread about it.

Can you edit the title and we can all edit our posts to something else? You're crazy clever, think of something! Let's get this sad show of emotion post out of here and bring the old Nicholost back! Please?

xclusiv
04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
they make millions of dollars i dont think there gunna care about you buying a few crates for a cheaper price. heck i was uninstalling and reinstalling to get crates at cheaper price. thought that doesnt work i think now when you uninstall and reinstall the first open it shows like previous crates before wrath ones unless they changed it

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM

sez
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=Nicholost;173575]Some a-hole created another thread about it.[/]

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
"................"

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM

sez
04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
they make millions of dollars i dont think there gunna care about you buying a few crates for a cheaper price. heck i was uninstalling and reinstalling to get crates at cheaper price. thought that doesnt work i think now when you uninstall and reinstall the first open it shows like previous crates before wrath ones unless they changed it

sez
04-16-2012, 10:37 PM
This reminds me of .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Uh3aqfXb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Uh3aqfXb0

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Can you edit the title and we can all edit our posts to something else? You're crazy clever, think of something! Let's get this sad show of emotion post out of here and bring the old Nicholost back! Please?

I don't think I can edit thread titles, only posting titles. In other words, if I change the title, the thread title will remain the same, but the title of my original post will change. That's how most BBPHP forums work.

If I were to change the title, it would be "So I was ballsdeap in a..." And then I would just continue my sappy (as you consider it) post as if nothing happened. That's classy enough for me. :)

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Edited per request.

But that's what I did on the second purchase and tried to do on the third. I feel no guilt for the first. It's the second attempt that bothers me.

I'm going to change my name to OT...
mnju_03, this is my one sappy thread out of my dozens. Keep it on topic or move on to the next.

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 10:45 PM
".................."

sez
04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't think I can edit thread titles, only posting titles. In other words, if I change the title, the thread title will remain the same, but the title of my original post will change. That's how most BBPHP forums work.

If I were to change the title, it would be "So I was ballsdeap in a..." And then I would just continue my sappy (as you consider it) post as if nothing happened. That's classy enough for me. :)

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
"..................."

sez
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
But that's what I did on the second purchase and tried to do on the third. I feel no guilt for the first. It's the second attempt that bothers me.

mnju_03, this is my one sappy thread out of my dozens. Keep it on topic or move on to the next.

On that note I guess this is bothering you so I'll stop messing around. I need to get outta here anyway! Peace everyone, Nicholas don't lose any sleep tonight buddy boy.

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM

Dravak
04-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Ok honestly am getting to the point that I had enough , if funzio do not force UPDATES.
Then they are the one to blaimed for everything , and I want my money back .

Sorry Nicolost you know damn well what is cheating what is not cheating , the rest are technicalities .
So enough of this rubbishe so cause I know damn well how to use the internet .
Doesn't mean what I do in crime city is allowed cause of moral reason , too bad my game crashed at 4 cheap crates .
Too bad am at 9 in MW events , I am not going to cheat ! even if I damn know well how to cheat .

So no matter what excuses if people are installing older version of cheaper crate prices , you are not only cheating yourself , you are F over your fellow gamers .

Sorry L Fizzle and Mark , when is our CC forced update coming ?

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Is blank a character...? I could do 10 blanks.

"................"

xclusiv
04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
when i installed the game i dont remember accepting any terms and conditions which stated what is accepted and what is not in the game do you?

Dravak
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
when i installed the game i dont remember accepting any terms and conditions which stated what is accepted and what is not in the game do you?

So basically you are saying if am able to edit everything that is allowed ?
cause some of us are beter tool users ?

xclusiv
04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
So basically you are saying if am able to edit everything that is allowed ?
cause some of us are beter tool users ?

wait i found the terms of service in the help section what does it say there? anything about glitchs or what

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:03 PM
wait i found the terms of service in the help section what does it say there? anything about glitchs or what

Right xclusive you are a freaking cheater , that you admit , then label yourself one !
So cause some people found out how to get 1 million free gold , means they are able to keep it ?
Glitch is a glitch , means simply put report it and stop abusing it !.

Sorry you can argue long and hard , what seperates people abusing the system , from hackers editing everything cause they have the knowledge too .

xclusiv
04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Right xclusive you are a freaking cheater , that you admit , then label yourself one !
So cause some people found out how to get 1 million free gold , means they are able to keep it ?

Sorry you can argue long and hard , what seperates people abusing the system , from hackers editing everything cause they have the knowledge too .

shut your mouth you, i dont like your threats and insults, your the hacker not me

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM
shut your mouth you, i dont like your threats and insults, your the hacker not me

sorry don't have time for cheaters, so don't you dare to accuse me of anything !

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Ok honestly am getting to the point that I had enough , if funzio do not force UPDATES.
Then they are the one to blaimed for everything , and I want my money back .

Sorry Nicolost you know damn well what is cheating what is not cheating , the rest are technicalities .
So enough of this rubbishe so cause I know damn well how to use the internet .
Doesn't mean what I do in crime city is allowed cause of moral reason , too bad my game crashed at 4 cheap crates .
Too bad am at 9 in MW events , I am not going to cheat ! even if I damn know well how to cheat .

So no matter what excuses if people are installing older version of cheaper crate prices , you are not only cheating yourself , you are F over your fellow gamers .

Sorry L Fizzle and Mark , when is our CC forced update coming ?
Whoa there, Little Buck. Grab 'hold of those reins and allow me to reiterate what is posted in my first post: my first purchase, nope, had no clue there was even a price glitch. My second, yep, I knew there was something about "going to v2.2." Originally, others active on the forum hours after v2.2 went live, thought that since the crates were a new item, they were being offered at a discount as a reward for upgrading to v2.2. My logic was that I would upgrade to v2.2 again if they'd offer me the discount again. So, I guess I cheated on that one, but certainly didn't think so at the time. The third time I deliberately tried to get the discount again knowing it was a glitch, not a promotion. So yes, I tried to cheat on my third purchase. Ironically enough, they had already implemented a solution server-side, so my purchase went through at full price. You can hate me and call me a cheater, but I really only intended to cheat on my third try, which interestingly enough, was the one of the three that I paid full price for and never cheated as a result. That still makes me el-oh-el.

Funzio knows about all of this. You can hate me, discredit everything I've posted, but I doubt it will change Funzio's opinion of what I did. They will still nerf or refund my items and all will be good again. Option B was to not tell anyone, so which do you prefer?

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 11:24 PM

Dravak, tone down the passion or get out of my thread. You are welcome to hate on me for what I've done, you are welcome to write 5,000 words explaining how I cheated and knew about it the entire time, you are also welcome to turn me into the mods/devs (beat ya to it though http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/winking0065.gif), but please do not enter this thread with such a high level of anger toward me and others. You have a point to make, so do it calm and cool manner and I will listen. Otherwise, move along.

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Nico am not going to judge why you did it , the reason cause everybody including santa , mark whoever had there reasons .

It doesn't make it right , but worst is the honest customers those who do not cheat ,but pay money are the victims here . look you can keep those items be charged full price what ever to get your consious clean .

But how about those victims who play everything by the rules , pay good money !
What is done for them ? nothing at all !

That piss me more off , it is not that I don't like you or santa , but esteem went down .
Sorry sure everybody want everything for free , but you as programmer know there is never a 100% sure way to prevent cheaters and exploiters , and there will never be a 100% sure way .

Look the problem now is more what do the honest customer get out of this ? nothing nada zip .
And instead saying to them if you can't keep up or do not exploit , you are the fool here !
WTF am playing a game for fun , not to keep up cheaters and exploiters and hackers . and worst am paying money for it .

Yahkin
04-16-2012, 11:31 PM
IMO, cheating is modifying the game to gain an unfair advantage. The money "hackers" did no such thing. They simply found a way to use the rules given by Funzio to their advantage. Changing the rules and then calling everyone who used the old rules cheater's is a poor way of doing business.

I think a good read of Sirlin's Playing to Win book is in order. An excerpt:

From http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/what-should-be-banned.html

"The “constant patching” approach by developers also often leads to laziness on the part of the players; there’s less reward for trying as hard as you can within the given rules, because if you are successful, your tactic will just be patched into obsolescence anyway. You might be a footnote someplace, but you won’t still be winning. It gets worse in most massively multiplayer games, where you can actually be banned—permanently—for playing within the rules they created, but playing in a way they had not intended."

BINGO!

So are these people just playing to win by using everything given to them by the developers? I would argue yes, and are thus should not be banned. They did not modify the game in any way to gain this advantage, they simply used the rules given to them. It is really on the developer to change the rules from here forward. Punishing those who took advantage of a problem you created is akin to killing the chickens that left the coup when you left the door open.

It's quite sad actually. People spend real money on this game only to have to play super conservatively in constant fear that the devs will deem some play-style an exploit and simply eliminate all of the players hard work and money spent.

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Sorry Yank , cause you press a button and get godmode , doesn't mean it was intended to be that way .
Cause you relishe in being godmode in a game where everybody else is normal , makes it even worst .

So you say you shouldn't be punished for being in godmode ?
So lets turn it around , I am in godmode you are in normal mode and I kick your butt , I am having fun , you are not.
And instead developers should not ban me ?
But say oh well happens , too bad you didn't find the godmode button .

That doesn't make sense !

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Nico am not going to judge why you did it , the reason cause everybody including santa , mark whoever had there reasons .

It doesn't make it right , but worst is the honest customers those who do not cheat ,but pay money are the victims here . look you can keep those items be charged full price what ever to get your consious clean .

But how about those victims who play everything by the rules , pay good money !
What is done for them ? nothing at all !

That piss me more off , it is not that I don't like you or santa , but esteem went down .
Sorry sure everybody want everything for free , but you as programmer know there is never a 100% sure way to prevent cheaters and exploiters , and there will never be a 100% sure way .

Look the problem now is more what do the honest customer get out of this ? nothing nada zip .
And instead saying to them if you can't keep up or do not exploit , you are the fool here !
WTF am playing a game for fun , not to keep up cheaters and exploiters and hackers . and worst am paying money for it .
I see your point, but don't necessarily agree with it. Under your logic, the many gold items I have purchased create as much a disadvantage to other players who have not, or chose not, to do the same. That's a totally legit way to get ahead, but I'm getting the impression that you are condoning it.

Also, please call me Nicholost or Nicholas.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23971-Hello-my-name-is...

Yahkin
04-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Sorry Yank , cause you press a button and get godmode , doesn't mean it was intended to be that way .
Cause you relishe in being godmode in a game where everybody else is normal , makes it even worst .

So you say you shouldn't be punished for being in godmode ?
So lets turn it around , I am in godmode you are in normal mode and I kick your butt , I am having fun , you are not.
And instead developers should not ban me ?
But say oh well happens , too bad you didn't find the godmode button .

That doesn't make sense !

The scenario you present does not make sense...but it is also not the scenario that existed, nor is it the one I am addressing.

The point is that everyone had that button. You and I were not at a disadvantage because we could have just as easily taken part. We didn't because we created self-imposed boundaries for ourselves or we were not aware. Some people are not aware that you can check a players stats by selecting rob in the rivals list. Does that mean those of us that do are hackers and cheaters?

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes nico cause it is a pay2win game , the money is the "godmode" button , the moment you enter the P2win games .
There are 2 options , you invest 5k and become god , or you play it your own way .

Now a lot of people based on that reasoning , means own way what , use the old gold hack ? get a zillion free gold ?
(fixed btw so don't bother googling it up ) and they should able to still play later on ?

Look from day 1 , i could easily cheat by using money or hacks .. never did I do so , cause in this game !
I didn't get missions buy gold buildings , buy gold weapons , buy gold allies to play .
The developers never ever forced you to buy gold , so why should i cheat ? other then being a piss poor griefer .
That gradually I decided to invest real money into playing this game , to be a bit more competitive .
That it went a bit out of control with money spending , I got meself to blaim .
But never once did I regret for not editing stuff loading up old versions . fine some people need a slap on there wrist.

For cheating and they become very model citizens , that is why funzio is so fair to them .
But the reasoning you post to validate why you did it , is invalid , best ask fizzle to lock or delete this thread nico .

Yahkin
04-16-2012, 11:59 PM
The use of punctuation and spacing in these messages is making my eyes bleed.

Dravak
04-17-2012, 12:03 AM
The use of punctuation and spacing in these messages is making my eyes bleed.

Not it also makes your brain hurt , cause it is logic that you choose to refute , aside from making your eyes bleed.

Nicholost
04-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Yes nico cause it is a pay2win game , the money is the "godmode" button , the moment you enter the P2win games .
There are 2 options , you invest 5k and become god , or you play it your own way .
This isn't about the money cheat. I didn't do anything with the money cheat.

best ask fizzle to lock or delete this thread nico .
Why's that? I actually hope much of the forum sees this thread so they can collectively decide whether I cheated and am a disgrace, or cheated and tried to do right in the end.

The popular thought was that the crates were discounted when you first went to v2.2 as a reward for upgrading. If you were active on the forums when v2.2 first went live, I bet you would have upgraded right then and there thinking you were getting a reward. The difference here is that after reading this, I upgraded again to get the, what seemed at the time to be, the promotion again. You may not have re-upgraded, but I bet dollars to donuts that you would have upgraded and taken advantage of the "promotion" as soon as you read what was on the forums.

And please, my name is not "nico."

kinghansen
04-17-2012, 12:23 AM
So many heartfelt apologies on these forums. Im sure everyone will forgive you anyways, I wouldn't worry about it.

Dravak
04-17-2012, 12:27 AM
No i didn't if you don't understand that , is cause you are so caught up into defending yourself and think all people are like you guys ,
Some of us will not CHEAT , even if I know how to cheat or edit stuff , doesn't mean I will be tempted to do it !

Cheaters don't win no matter how you validate it , cause it cheapens the game thrill and make you look bad.
Sorry if you don't understand that , well am sorry all you money and resources put into this game is invalidated .
Cause you will think everybody else cheats , I don't care what reasons people come up to validate there cheating.
Cause instead of having fun , you will always be doubting if somebody else cheats or not .

Nope am fully legit and proud of it , cause I know how to cheat doesn't mean I want to be involved with cheaters .

Sorry you can throw all the slipperly slope argument you want , but It get more and more slippery .
Cause you will keep trying to get cheap crates , those were one timer and that you abused it for second time good for you , made you feel good .
The third time you tried sure made you feel bad huh ? so you cheated already once !
Instead of saying he nice , you are here to complain about people who didn't cheat ?
Who got the first time legit offer ?
See cheaters never win , they call all others cheaters in there mind .

Nicholost
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Dravak, you're now responding to claims/statements that I didn't even make. I feel as if you are just using my thread to vent. Please do not do that. I have already been over what happened multiple times in this thread. Somehow, you are bringing up other cheating methods and accusing me of them. Let me be crystal clear here: I have not used any other cheats/exploits/hacks other than what I have admitted to in this thread. Understood? Good.

I asked you to refrain from the passion and name calling and frankly, you have failed. As a result of your behavior, I formally request that you, Dravak, destroyer of everything that is good and sacred about punctuation, do not post in this thread anymore. Instead, go sit in timeout and think of all those misplaced commas and periods that have no sentence to call their own.

Swifty
04-17-2012, 12:48 AM
The ongoing problem with the crate glitch episode is the perception in the community that Funzio never took meaningful steps to address issues of game imbalance that resulted from it.

And maybe that perception is incorrect, but it remains.

Nicholost
04-17-2012, 12:57 AM
The ongoing problem with the crate glitch episode is the perception in the community that Funzio never took meaningful steps to address issues of game imbalance that resulted from it.
I can't really comment on that because I don't know what their plan is or what they've done currently. I can say that they have told me that my items will be nerfed. Maybe I'm just one name somewhere down a long list and they're just working from the top one by one. Maybe not. Who knows.

Dillinja
04-17-2012, 01:06 AM
This thread is bringing a new level of 'holier than thou' attitude that doesnt even exist in a convent.
The reason you initially started the thread off with, I commend you for that. Some of the comments made by others...sheesh stop already.

Enough of the self flagellation man...there's special places for that and they pay well.

Santa
04-17-2012, 03:55 AM
I accept you. Do you accept me?

Burn
04-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Nicholost, I have no reservations at all about letting you off the hook on this one. Not that you need my vote anyway, but nonetheless.

You fessed up to Funzio, there was no obligation for you to do that, and no obvious upside to offering them your head on a plate - so it was clearly a selfless and genuine act.

Can't ask for more than that, other than deletion of game, and that would be both silly and pointless.

I also have little doubt that your actions were probably as much to do with technical curiosity as they were to do with any kind of gain you might achieve. The price you pay for being a geek ;)

Far far more importantly, through the work you have done for the community in the time since, you have added significant value to many many players. Your 'Community Account' is well and truly in credit, by a considerable margin.

A more general point about 'cheating' in the broader sense...

I wanted to add, not least because he is getting undeserved flak in my opinion, that Dravak, whilst he might be on a bit of a rant, has a point - cheating, in any guise, is a decision made by the individual, and that decision is often a reflection on the individuals character - once that line has been crossed, it is very hard to uncross it. I support a zero tolerance approach, and on that basis I loosely agree with much of what Dravak has said, well the bits of it I can comprehend at least.

Bottom line, it is all about how it sits with you. Ultimately the only person you to have to answer to is yourself. If your conscience is genuinely clear, then you have no need at all for any external validation.

Fricco
04-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Nicholas,

A) you confessed told Funzio what you did,
thank you for being honest.

B) you have purchased additional crates at full price,
where i think some people only bought discounted ones
and i think that is where some people feel cheated.

Happy note : purchased 9 new crates 6 common 1 uncommon 2 rare both vehicles !
Happy to share !!!:p

Nicholost
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I accept you. Do you accept me?
Jury is still out on that one, but it's not looking good. I'm less disappointed that you cheated and much more so that you created a thread advising others not to and then did it yourself. Even I have had the sense to take an anti-cheating stance knowing that this skeleton was chilling in my closet sipping Mai Tais. Combine that with advertising that you don't have gold because of x-y-z, winning Twinkie's iTunes GC contest, and then everyone learning that you do have gold, it's gonna be an uphill battle. Plus, I've had my longstanding doubts about your age, so given recent events, that's working against you and not for you.

Burn, Fricco, and the others who have posted in either support or disgust, thanks for the responses.

sez
04-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Jury is still out on that one, but it's not looking good. I'm less disappointed that you cheated and much more so that you created a thread advising others not to and then did it yourself. Even I have had the sense to take an anti-cheating stance knowing that this skeleton was chilling in my closet sipping Mai Tais. Combine that with advertising that you don't have gold because of x-y-z, winning Twinkie's iTunes GC contest, and then everyone learning that you do have gold, it's gonna be an uphill battle. Plus, I've had my longstanding doubts about your age, so given recent events, that's working against you and not for you.

Burn, Fricco, and the others who have posted in either support or disgust, thanks for the responses.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/hug-it-out-hater.gif

white frog
04-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Nic, I have a few thoughts for you brother:

1. What you did, right or wrong, wasn't cheating. Funzio messed up, gave you a discount, and you accepted it. Big deal!
2. Even if what you did were to be considered wrong, it would be MILDLY wrong. The efforts you have made in this forum, and the contributions you've made have already served as your community service for your "crimes"
3. Your honesty is rare, appreciated, and above all else a display of integrity. I appreciate everything you've brought to this community, and hope that others who are exploiting cheats learn something of morality from your example.

We all make mistakes in life... some larger or smaller than others. It's how we handle resolving those mistakes that's important!

"Success is to be measured not so much
by the position that one has reached in life
as by the obstacles which he has overcome."
-Booker T. Washington

Swearengen
04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Nicholas,

A) you confessed told Funzio what you did,
thank you for being honest.

B) you have purchased additional crates at full price,
where i think some people only bought discounted ones
and i think that is where some people feel cheated.

Happy note : purchased 9 new crates 6 common 1 uncommon 2 rare both vehicles !
Happy to share !!!:p

Gotta agree with Fricco, you slipped up but fessed up, took the right actions, etc...Others hid their actions, preached, and basically practiced serious dishonesty...

Nicholost is fine in my book...

Joeycool
04-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Nicholas... what you did does not class as cheating.

You found a glitch in the game, tested it, and then reported it. Any one who thinks this is cheating is a moron.

I did a similar thing as you. I bought the cheap crates (maybe 2 sets of 3) when the update came out thinking they were the normal price. Then next time I started the game I was disappointed to see that the prices had gone up.

I transfer games between my iphone and Ipad often. So I had to reinstall when it came to transfering C.C. back to my iphone... I noticed that the price had gone to the lower price. I bought another couple of crates at the lower price. I was happy that Funzio had reduced the prices again. Then next time I restarted the game they were back up to the higher price. It was then that I realised this was a glitch. I reported it to Funzio.

I did not post the glitch in the forum. I simply pointed out the glitch to Funzio and carried on as normal. I have bought many more crates at full price.

In fact I have reported many glitches to Funzio. Mostly surrounding Respect point glitches. I have not exploited them or posted them on the forum. Funzio do not class this as cheating. Infact what they do is invite you to take part in their beta testing to help them find glitches in future releases AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HONESTY AND NOT EXPLOITING THE GLITCH.

You are not a cheat. Take that as gospel. I suspect the reason certain people are angry is because they feel they have lost out. Pure jealousy.

Every single person who installed the update had the cheap prices. They should have taken advantage of them straight away.

Edit/

The reason that I have never mentioned this before is that we are not allowed to discuss glitches on the forum. So I have never mentioned it.

But its not right to see a good guy beating himself up over something that Funzio encourage. That is, finding a glitch, and then reporting it, and not posting it all over the forum therefore not encouraging wide spread exploitation.

Fricco
04-17-2012, 08:28 AM
@ JC
i would agree with you but we'd both be right,
then what would we argue about....:confused:

buddylee
04-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Nicholost,
The only thing that's a disgrace here is the fact that your avatar is picking his nose and doesn't have have a huge green booger on the end of his finger. Seriously though, it was a glitch. I agree with Burn and the others.

Yahkin
04-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Since when are software bugs made by developers now suddenly called cheating by the users? If double deckers suddenly started dropping in the East Side and a bunch of people farmed them...would that be cheating? No. It is Funzio's job to set the rules of engagement, not the user base.

Nicholas did nothing wrong, and I'm not sure why it's eating him up. In fact, I find it would have been completely fine if he dropped hundreds of dollars buying the cheap crates and then raising a stink when Funzio nerfed the contents. He spent real money on what was a good deal only to have Funzio change the rules after the fact. That is a bait and switch with enforceable legal precedent.

Joeycool
04-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Nicholas did nothing wrong, and I'm not sure why it's eating him up.

+1 on this Yahkin.

Nicholost
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Nicholas did nothing wrong, and I'm not sure why it's eating him up.

Because I need to make sure my backyard is clean before I comment on others. It's a personal standard. I wanted to come clean about this to remove the guilt I would personally feel for turning in, or discrediting, any of the current generation of cheaters. Sure, my guilt and fear of hypocrisy may be unwarranted for some, but it would exist for me personally and that's why I did it.

Joeycool
04-17-2012, 09:38 AM
You discovered a glitch, you tested it, you reported it. End of. Move on big boy! ;)

Nicholost
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
You discovered a glitch, you tested it, you reported it. End of. Move on big boy! ;)

I am... little man. :p I actually didn't intend for this thread to become a validation thread. Although, I'm not sure what I thought it would become. I really did just want to come clean. I did that, so now it's time to lay some smackdown on some haxors. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/anim_13.gif

frenda
04-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Biker #2: [the whole gang holds Pee-wee (Nicholost) hostage] I say we kill him!
Biker Gang: [shout] Yeah!
Biker #3: I say we hang him, *then* we kill him!
Biker #4: I say we stomp him!
Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!
Biker #4: Then we hang him...!
Biker Gang: [shout] YEAH!'!
Biker #4: And then we kill him!
Biker Gang: [shout] YEAH!'!'!
Pee-wee: [tries to throw voice without moving lips] I say we let him go.
Biker Gang: [shout] NO!'!'!
Biker Mama: [whistles] I say ya let me have him first!
Biker Gang: [break out in raucous laughter]