PDA

View Full Version : A Toast. Here's to your Strategy *raises glass*

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
I just want to hear everyone's CURRENT and NEAR-future strategy. I would love to hear some creative thoughts and, in the process, see how others are coming along in the game.

I was going to start but I doubt any of you posters don't know my strategy, lol.
So on second thought, you guys start(:

EDIT: Hey McDoc, I did it again. I just noticed this is the 1,111 thread. ahahah

War Priest
04-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Stay under level 94 for as long as possible to build up my golden army, and economy. Simple as that.

-To be at $1 million per hour
-To have at least 1500 golden units

All before level 94.

JohnnyR
04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Beat me to it Dreno, dang you! ;-)

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Beat me to it Dreno, dang you! ;-)

share your strategy! you keep making these cool guides but never give insight on your own strategy!

JohnnyR
04-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Check out my other thread dude, for attack strategy anyway. Econ not my thing, but I'll post here later.

Mcdoc
04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm mentally working on a Defensive Strategy Guide - but my strategy so far has helped me be pretty immune to most people at my level. I know the true test will be in 1/2 a level when I cross over the 94 threshold - but so far, I've enjoyed my Man Of Steel status!

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Sweet McDoc! I'll be sure to add it to my sticky when you make the gui-

OH YEAH.... :mad:

StuN
04-17-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm the same as Doc at the moment. Camped down at lvl 84, building up def & income

Hassleham
04-17-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm aiming for 300k/hr, currently on 245k/hr.
Also i want to have enough cash for both space centres as soon as i hit level 50, (currently 48).
I also want to get a level 9 airfield but i will have to balance that out with upgrading money buildings.

With these new units out i can't decide whether to start saving up valor again in anticipation of them reducing the cost/increasing the strength of the units.
I recently did a load of valor missions to get 30k valor for 100 odd stealth frigates, so if i did it again i would have to add a load more allies again to be able to do another 100 or so missions.
What do people think? I also don't want to level too much but if they make these new units way better it might be worth it.

RedLabit
04-17-2012, 07:45 AM
The only strategy is economy.
No war is sustainable without a healthy economy.

Colonelbob
04-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Economy is fine, camping and trying to get my ratio's up. Upgraded way to much during briefcase event.

Bronson
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
I am currently in the middle of my "1 Hour" strategy - this was devised as its easy for me to log on every hour every day from 6am-10pm (also due to addiction I need to lol)

I dont take much notice of the £s per hour ratio in game so taking a leaf out of Kitty's book I devised my own spreadsheet in work (which was cool coz I got paid for doing it lol) and worked out what I really collect per building per day.

So anyway I have concentrated on upgrading the 1 hour buildings so by Monday morning I will have

1 x lvl 10 Silo - £27,000
1 x lvl 7 Silo - £13,000 (approx forgot actual figure and can't be bothered to look it up but it's close enough)
1 x lvl 3 Electric Plant - £28,000
1 x lvl 2 Electric Plant - £16,000
Total per hour approx £84,000 x average 15 collections = Approx £1.2 mill per day

This is a nice little collection pot which means i can then concentrate on the bigger payout buildings and because the cash is spread between 4 buildings it's worthless to raid

Watash
04-17-2012, 09:59 AM
I am camped at level 78 and trying to upgrade my Naval Research Boost building, Infirmary and Composite Factory buildings to the maximum. They currently are at 5, 4, and 7 respectively. I have never figured out if those boosts are cumulative or additive between buildings but I am hoping they are. I may not have the patience to wait out all those buildings going to ten but that is my current goal. Income is 170K per hour so money is not a problem for now. Once I get the boost buildings up then I will advance the money buildings more and slowly level up. I am a UK player which is why the Naval Research gets the attention.

Colonelbob
04-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Good strategy Bronson to focus on those "hour" buildings. I been spreading my upgrades around, but for bang for your buck, I may take a page out of your playbook.

Bronson
04-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Good strategy Bronson to focus on those "hour" buildings. I been spreading my upgrades around, but for bang for your buck, I may take a page out of your playbook.

If you have the free time (which I have) it's a very good money builder, however the EPP lvl 3 upgrade was close to £7m but the silos are cheap as chips for level 10 it's under £300k and a 60 hr wait.

I came about the idea during the 2nd event, when losing money opening boxes but this time around my hour buildings were synced with my box open time and payed the £64k without it effecting my big money buildings, then all cash prizes were a bonus.

Tctiger
04-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I plan to camp at 69 now and try to build up army and upgrades so can then get the expensive buildings may have to sell 2 rigs to get nano . Been playing few months nearly have 10 k ATt and def 185kph no gold spent or will be spent . Getting nanos could be problem and will take me years to build an army for higher levels if even possible to keep going past 90 I hear you are on big boys rddar then. I just hope to pick up indistructables in specials but not 10 part ones and just keep building hopefully faster than it will be wiped out.

JMC
04-17-2012, 01:17 PM
You guys need to hurry up and get into the top tier. Im only seeing 99+ now.

Bronson
04-17-2012, 01:19 PM
You guys need to hurry up and get into the top tier. Im only seeing 99+ now.

Nah your alright JMC the longer I wait the further away the whales get

Top avatar by the by

JMC
04-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Hopefully they stop raising it at 100-200. Since your maximum potential can be achieved at level 100 with 500 allies and 2000 units :).

StuN
04-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Once I reach 40k def I'll start levelling again but that's weeks away yet

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-17-2012, 03:51 PM
definitely went slow and steady the 2nd time around and only leveled up because i was bored and needed to start building some of those higher level cash buildings. I am still focused on economy and will continue to do so. I'm a level 39 and about to be 40 just because, again out of boredom, i want my nuke plants. But after I go nuclear, i'll be camped out like a boy scout trying to ear his campfire building badge.

Bronson, I too am taking a similar approach. i have most of my less than an hour buidling leveled up pretty high, but now im finding i am playing less and so im focusing on upgrading the 1hour to 12 hour buildings, starting with the 1 hour and taking them up to full level 10. then i'll move to the 3 hour buildings, then 6, etc.

Even in my HLP i'm focusing on the same eco growth, and buying higher units to increase my ATT/DEF scores. Currently at about 8k/12K and with 275K hour income at level 56. Im not worried about leveling up yet, because the whales have moved up even higher, so i feel like im still a long way away from them. but once i get my economy up over 400k, maybe even upwards of 500K, then i'll focus on upgrading my boost buidlings and then leveling up to whale land. this way while even if im loosing high level units in WT, i'll be able to replace them resonably quickly with my income.

Freekizh
04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
I am camped at level 78 and trying to upgrade my Naval Research Boost building, Infirmary and Composite Factory buildings to the maximum. They currently are at 5, 4, and 7 respectively. I have never figured out if those boosts are cumulative or additive between buildings but I am hoping they are. I may not have the patience to wait out all those buildings going to ten but that is my current goal. Income is 170K per hour so money is not a problem for now. Once I get the boost buildings up then I will advance the money buildings more and slowly level up. I am a UK player which is why the Naval Research gets the attention.

This is what I am also doing - focusing on infirmary and naval building. Anyone have a high level infirmary yet? I am level 34 and my income is 95k so enough for now. I hardly see any high level infirmaries.

Hour collection cycle - that's going to create serious addiction psychology :)

Luke7676
04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
My infirmary is only at 3. Air hanger at 5 and airfield at 10. Tring to balance out leveling boost buildings and money buildings trading off every other one to satisfy my needs. Have been keeping my vault maxed at 10 mil. Everytime I make a extra mil I've been buying 1 B-52 at around 16 I think. So far even though with its medium casualty rate I have not lost one yet but it's to early to tell how well they will work out. But for now the only units I'm buying are the B-52's commanches, hornets, and stealth drones to build my stats up faster.
I want to make sure I can hold my own before crossing that line later on, which seems to be moving further away faster then I am leveling right now. Eventually I plan on leveling up the advanced airbase for the stealth bombers but not at the present time.

bigflan
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Ha Luke my airfield is at Lv 6 infirmary at Lv 2 and airship hangar at 2 I'm gonna upgrade these buildings and also get my low end money building to Lv 10 and buy some more crates right now at 40 gold

Freekizh
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah I'm on the level 3 infirmary upgrade now. My goal is to get to level 5 before I start PvP again.

I know B52 are cheap given it's attack density, but it's only strong againt ground.

Flan can u send me an ally invite? Wanna check out your base, I think we similar level :)

bigflan
04-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Aw fudge just bought a crate got a sentry bike

Warfiend
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Mine:

Only level during events.

Defense is #1 priority. Everything I do revolves around boosting my defense. When I'm boosting money buildings, I'm adding defensive units. When it gets close to hitting max of that type of defensive units, I boost unit buildings to unlock my next target defensive units, and while that's happening, I'm still adding defensive units. Take a break from money buildings every so often and boost the composite factory.

Check tapjoy every other day, patiently accumulating gold. It's already paid for my composite factory and nation change.

Freekizh
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Wow you got that much gold? That over 300!

When do you think a composite factory s necessary. I always buy defensive units when I got spare cash too.

Only the paranoid survive :)

Luke7676
04-17-2012, 06:36 PM
I've pulled in over 300g with tapjoy as well. Just takes some time.

Warfiend
04-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow you got that much gold? That over 300!

I just got my 350th tapjoy gold today. And now the netflix offer has shown up for me, which I'll be attempting to do shortly. If it works, that will bring me into the 400s.

When do you think a composite factory s necessary. I always buy defensive units when I got spare cash too.

Only the paranoid survive :)

I'm only low level(19), but my view is it's necessary as soon as you can get it. The only engagements in this game you get to choose are the offensive ones. Charlie chooses your defensive ones for you. You have to be ready for Charlie.

"Every minute charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger." :D

Bronson
04-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Just as an aside I have worked out that I collect both the 6 and 8 hour buildings on average 3 times a day so will be neglecting the 6 hours and when I reach a comfortable economy will sell them

Thunder Child
04-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Just as an aside I have worked out that I collect both the 6 and 8 hour buildings on average 3 times a day so will be neglecting the 6 hours and when I reach a comfortable economy will sell them
How long did it take you to work out you can collect an 8 hour building on average 3 times a day?

Dreno33
04-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Just collect on the average time of day you wake up. then the middle of the day, then right before you sleep. should work out I'm sure

Bronson
04-18-2012, 12:52 AM
How long did it take you to work out you can collect an 8 hour building on average 3 times a day?

It took a while TC I never had a teacher as "experienced" as you ;)

Thunder Child
04-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Just collect on the average time of day you wake up. then the middle of the day, then right before you sleep. should work out I'm sure
They don't do things that way in Wales... They get up when the sheep wake, drift through the day chewing on stalks of wheat and collapse in a beer haze when it gets dark... Hard to keep a track on the time in the Valley!

Bronson
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
They don't do things that way in Wales... They get up when the sheep wake, drift through the day chewing on stalks of wheat and collapse in a beer haze when it gets dark... Hard to keep a track on the time in the Valley!

Don't let this Englishman trick you!!! We are always up before the sheep.... best way to surprise them ;)

Thunder Child
04-18-2012, 01:05 AM
@ Bronson - You got me!
Back OT, I'm following a circular strategy at the moment, making a concerted effort to upgrade defense and boost buildings, followed by a spell of spending every cent on the highest value units I can afford, then finish by a round of upgrades to money buildings. Then the whole cycle starts again. All the while, I refrain from PvP but do the events and hit the naval battle, which means I appear to be leveling up just behind the threshold of the shark tank...

Bronson
04-18-2012, 01:19 AM
I think JMC said the tanks been pushed back again the events must be pushing alot of people past the threshold.

Speaking of events I now upgrade money during quiet times and then unit/boost during events

Dreno33
04-18-2012, 01:25 AM
I now upgrade money during quiet times and then unit/boost during events

whats the purpose/strategy behind this??

Bronson
04-18-2012, 01:58 AM
whats the purpose/strategy behind this??

IDK really just thought that with the cost of the boxes and PVP loss I just needed all the money I could get.