PDA

View Full Version : Please explain this to me....Points don't add up???

dan200
04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
So I have been playing for a bit and at this point I am an "agent" and at level 104.

Up til basically yesterday I mostly put my efforts only into my turf expansions, buildings and upgrades, and to an extent, the missions. I usually clear every level five times before moving on to the next one...

Anyway, I got tired of getting my arse whooped whenever I fought or tried to rob other players so I decided to stop leveling and start concentrating on my attack score in hopes of getting better results. I am still way behind most of the other players that are my level it seems but I am planning to spend lots of money and respect points while I try and catch up. I am also gonna take a break from leveling for a while too. (that's what I am supposed to do, right?)

So here is something I noticed when I was buying some vehicles and guns and what not and the reason I started this thread.

I thought that if I bought something (a vehicle, gun, etc) that the stats on my profile would change (go up) by the amounts that are listed next to the item in the store. But they are not. They do go up but it is a lesser amount.

Here are some screen shots to show what I am talking about...

these were my stats before I purchased an "assault rifle" for 36k
attack 6,871
defense 10,020
weapons 2117

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/dan200rules/funzio/IMG_4077-1.png

this shows I had 25 of them before I purchased another.
(photos shows they have a value of 7 attack points and 5 defense points)

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/dan200rules/funzio/IMG_4078-1.png

Bought it and inventory shows I have 26 now.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/dan200rules/funzio/IMG_4079-1.png

and these are my new stats...

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/dan200rules/funzio/IMG_4080-1.png

original values before purchase

attack 6,871
defense 10,020
weapons 2117

values after purchase

attack 6,876
defense 10,023
weapons 2118

The amount of weapons I have increased by one however, I was under the impression that I would gain 7 attack points (but I only got five) and my defense only went up 3 points (when I figured it would have increased by 5).

I don't get it. Where have I gone wrong with my simple math? I searched however I couldn't find anything about this on the forum and, unless this is just happening to me, I don't doubt it has been covered at some point. If anyone has an explanation for me, or, a link to where this is explained already, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again and please forgive me if my questions are dumb.

Ghost818
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
That just means the assault rifle replaced something in your inventory that had 2 attack, so instead of getting your full value, it replaced the 2 attack weapon with the seven hence +5 attack, same goes for defense.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Isn't this posted in most guides that it replaces values? Did you read the guides? When i first found the forums, I quickly learned this

dan200
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Isn't this posted in most guides that it replaces values? Did you read the guides? When i first found the forums, I quickly learned thisI looked around for at least an hour. I learned plenty however this slipped by me. and the second post on this thread still doesnt make sense to me... I get what they are saying but it still seems strange...

Some of the guides are confusing and filled with abbreviations I dont understand. Please forgive my n00bness.

Whatever guide this is covered in please post a link.

I dont have an issue if this is they way things are but am I the only one who thinks it is weird to do things this way?

Thanks...

Santa
04-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Each mafia member can equip one gun, melee, explosive, armor, and vehicle. Let's say you have 1 mafia member for the sake of calculations.

Your mafia member is equipped with:

Combat Shotgun (6/4)
Hammer (2/0)
Time Bomb (2/2)
Combat Boots (5/8)
Junker (1/1)

With these items you would have 16 attack and 15 defense. Let's say you bought an assault rifle which has stats of 7/5. Since each mafia member will equip the best weapon in each category, the Assault Rifle would replace the Combat Shotgun. The difference between the stats of the combat shotgun and the assault rifle is 1/1. So by replacing the combat shotgun with an assault rifle, you're essentially gaining 1 attack and 1 defense.

Rhino72
04-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Isn't this posted in most guides that it replaces values? Did you read the guides? When i first found the forums, I quickly learned this

Why all the stupid responses lately?

Babytway
04-16-2012, 06:23 PM
at lvl 104 with that attack and defense YES PLEASE stop lvling lol. i know my atk and def isn't good but that is definitely not good

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 06:26 PM

Noobie Know-It-All Syndrome.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 07:03 PM

good, i struck a nerve in your now-locked poll.

Swifty
04-16-2012, 07:20 PM
@dan200

There is a chance it will get even more weird. Wait until you add a piece of gear and your attack goes down.

Most people do not keep careful notes and thus do not notice all of the weirdness that happens. And maybe that is the answer. Maybe you do not want to know.

dan200
04-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Each mafia member can equip one gun, melee, explosive, armor, and vehicle. Let's say you have 1 mafia member for the sake of calculations.

Your mafia member is equipped with:

Combat Shotgun (6/4)
Hammer (2/0)
Time Bomb (2/2)
Combat Boots (5/8)
Junker (1/1)

With these items you would have 16 attack and 15 defense. Let's say you bought an assault rifle which has stats of 7/5. Since each mafia member will equip the best weapon in each category, the Assault Rifle would replace the Combat Shotgun. The difference between the stats of the combat shotgun and the assault rifle is 1/1. So by replacing the combat shotgun with an assault rifle, you're essentially gaining 1 attack and 1 defense.Thank You...

at lvl 104 with that attack and defense YES PLEASE stop lvling lol. i know my atk and def isn't good but that is definitely not goodThank You Too...

@dan200

There is a chance it will get even more weird. Wait until you add a piece of gear and your attack goes down.

Most people do not keep careful notes and thus do not notice all of the weirdness that happens. And maybe that is the answer. Maybe you do not want to know.I think I am going to just let it go, and keep doing what I'm doing.

I cant say it makes that much sense to me but "oh well". I didnt realize that asking what seemed to be a simple question would cause any drama on here. Like I said, I did search and did not just start this thread blindly.

Anyway, thanks again to those people who decided to be helpful while remaining polite at the same time...

Forums LOL

Giedrius
04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Read Threads about dropping your mafia - with your stats you definitely don't need 500+ mafia.
Use Lars spread sheet to find out where is your weakness.

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Read Threads about dropping your mafia - with your stats you definitely don't need 500+ mafia.
Use Lars spread sheet to find out where is your weakness.
Agreed. While tedious to enter all of your inventory, it is well worth the effort. Lars' and white frog's stats calculators will show you the depth of this game like you've never seen before. Either one should be able to answer most questions you may have, other than the occasional clarification.

The link to Lars' is here:
Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23214-Yet-Another-Stats-Spreadsheet-one-for-items-*and*-buildings)

white frog's is close to being released, but isn't out yet, AFAIK.

frenda
04-17-2012, 09:00 AM
+1 The spreadsheet let me fine-tune my mafia and the weapons I was buying to make my stats more robust. Great work.