PDA

View Full Version : Should I follow in game goals...........

cwracing
04-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Like building a guard dog training facility, leveling up certain buildings, and buying certain weapons even if they arent really needed right now?

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 03:21 PM
If you get enjoyment from it, then yes. However, game missions, other than Thug Life and Winning Streak missions, almost always hurt more than help. They level you quickly, have expensive buy-ins (use money that could be better spent elsewhere), and have abysmal rewards in terms of stat gains and loot. They are best avoided if you are trying to become a powerful, financially successful player.

cwracing
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok, I was thinking along that line as well but I get tired of seeing the same goals all the time and end up doing them just to change it up a bit. Haha. Guess that guard dog building might be useless......

AppleMacGuy
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
If you get enjoyment from it, then yes. However, game missions, other than Thug Life and Winning Streak missions, almost always hurt more than help. They level you quickly, have expensive buy-ins (use money that could be better spent elsewhere), and have abysmal rewards in terms of stat gains and loot. They are best avoided if you are trying to become a powerful, financially successful player.I dunno, about that...I've done OK & still managed to complete all of the goals (well just the 25th expansion left AFAIK which completes in a couple of days)...it was a game objective for me. But yeah, the rewards almost all suck.

Joeycool
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
I have done them from day one. I enjoy following the goals that are set for you as I get self satisfaction from doing so.

They are not really worth it n terms of immediate rewards. But long term most of them will help you to a degree. For example the level 10 sports bar is pretty cool. Really helps with the hourly event cash.

They are best avoided if you are trying to become a powerful, financially successful player.

My stats:

lvl - 183
Att - 56675
Def - 59557
Income - 408678 p/h

AppleMacGuy
04-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Ok, I was thinking along that line as well but I get tired of seeing the same goals all the time and end up doing them just to change it up a bit. Haha. Guess that guard dog building might be useless......Just sell off stuff you don't want.

kimberleyj
04-16-2012, 03:33 PM
i have followed the game goals if i didn't i would of got bored awhile ago.

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I dunno, about that...I've done OK & still managed to complete all of the goals (well just the 25th expansion left AFAIK which completes in a couple of days)...it was a game objective for me. But yeah, the rewards almost all suck.

I'm not saying that you won't be successful or powerful if you do game goals. The point that I do want to drive home is that in most cases, there are much better ways to spend time, money, and energy than game goals. The game goals are typically inefficient. However, if the game goals are a play-type that appeals to you, by all means do them.

Santa
04-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Some of the goals just complete themselves. I don't think the "build a something" goals are worth it until you have so much money you don't know what to do with it. If it makes you happy, though...