PDA

View Full Version : Flower Shop - Really????

frenda
04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
What's the payoff for building it and is it worth it. I did a search and didn't see a response to a question like that. I'm level 89 and I have been putting it off for a while. Should I do it?

Fig Oni
04-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Flower shops are quite good as they make your hood fresh.

enahs1
04-16-2012, 02:44 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR2c&type=view&gid=1&f=true&colid0=1&filterstr0=Flower%20Shop&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

murf
04-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Flower shops are quite good as they make your hood fresh.

The look expensive at first, but for the footprint they are actually quite cheap. For tycoon $39.56/hr/sq vs something like crematorium which is $32.74/hr/sq. I viewed it as something to get when I was low on space and about to expand and had some 4x4 spaces empty.

Bopper
04-16-2012, 02:55 PM
I just started my 2nd one building a few hours ago. IMO they are a huge boost for the small footprint. The $500k was a tough pill to swallow but if space is at a premium I think they're a worthwhile buy. The update cost vs. reward makes me think this will be a great building in the future.

dudeman
04-16-2012, 02:58 PM
There are only three 8 hour buildings that have the potential to pay out $100k+. The Pirate Tavern, Credit Agency, and the Flower Shop. Looking at it that way, the Flower Shop is the second best cash 8 hour building in the game.

Sasha54
04-16-2012, 03:35 PM
And aside from all those reasons - they are nice and small and probably the prettiest building - a little bit of nature in the concrete jungle -
I always knew I would buy one - finished it yesterday and will probably build a 2nd one soon

deuces
04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
There are only three 8 hour buildings that have the potential to pay out $100k+. The Pirate Tavern, Credit Agency, and the Flower Shop. Looking at it that way, the Flower Shop is the second best cash 8 hour building in the game.

The game needs a new good 8 hour payout building then IMO!!!

transfer
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
As for 8hr buildings, Smoke Shop is a underrated building.
Small footprint, cheap and more affordable upgrades at mid-level and worth leveling to 4-5 with spare income.
Worth the 15 gold and easy to get even for free players via Tapjoy.

Team that up with Flower Shop so you get more stuff to click and more reasons to smile every 8 hours :)

Bonus : if you still have the "Build a Flower Shop" goal, you get 45000$ and 28 exp out of it, so your first Flower Shop comes even at a discount !

Fig Oni
04-16-2012, 05:05 PM
My take on the flower shop is, if you're in the future planing to buy taverns & credit agencies then go ahead and buy them if your not forget it and move on.

Santa
04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I have 2. Easy to move around with the convenient 4x4 footprint. Nice payout every 8 hours... :)

richard118
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I would consider it a decent mid tier building and would probably keep it until endgame. Theres not alot of good small footprint buildings around but flower shop is one of em. Besides, think of it as a decoration and a building in 1!!!

xclusiv
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
its way to expensive to upgrade at the later levels, its more of a building you just have cause its small and upgrade a couple times, but overall not worth investing to much time into it to get it to level 10.

frenda
04-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the input. I'm building one right now and will only upgrade it until it becomes too expensive.

Mcdoc
04-18-2012, 01:12 AM
The Flower shop is a good payout and is easy to hide behind other buildings (or guard tower).

Never understood why people hide the laundry mat. Hide your T-shirt stand - that's the thing I target when I come traipsing across your base :)

slackerboy
04-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Actually do not understand why people hide buildings behind trees/other buildings!

When I come into someones hood, if they have high payout buildings(check there stats if they have a good economy going, means they have upgraded them. If they do not have a lot of lvl 1 buildings(apart from some of the obvious) you know laundromats will usually be leveled up.
Clicking on the money icons when the buildings are ready to be collected, you will find the ones you want to rob.

If I am on the hunt for RP, then I know what buildings I want to rob. If I go in and see very high payout buildings then will rob them, the buildings that drop 5-6k why bother.
Then again I think it depends on your level, lower levels I was over the moon to find a basketball court, now see it and move on.
To me, a choice between a laundromat and t-shirt stand, the laundromat gets robbed. The RP gained/XP is way better than the payout from the t-shirt stand.

At level 125, I find it odd some of the buildings people rob(or try) in hood and the ones the do not touch.