PDA

View Full Version : Any point in attacking any more??

moneybags
04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there is almost no point in attacking any more? It seems like the time it takes to locate someone with in vaulted money is much greater then the return you actually earn. Before the events started it was easier to find people with money out but now I find it very difficult to find at all. Has anyone's strategy change because of this??

overkill 280
04-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I rarely att/raid, just cause what I get in return, it doesn't make up for what I lose in battle. And I agree, I find it very difficult to even find a player, that might have some cash I can get from them.

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I have switched almost entirely to raiding, unless I see someone over 10 Mill. Not nearly as satisfying.

overkill 280
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
I have switched almost entirely to raiding, unless I see someone over 10 Mill. Not nearly as satisfying. Don't you lose quite a few units tho? I do with either.

Poopenshire
04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
I lose close 200,000 in money and ~100 valor per attack. No joke, and that is per single attack.

Its just not sustainable. the valor losses before this last event were mostly little guys, now i love a SH or SF every 5 turns. i have 80 of SH and 90 SF. I don't invest in them becuase i lose them too much.

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
I have had to change my strategy to only raid buildings that pay out at over $100k and take into account opponents stats and defensive building placement. Raiding is an extremely complicated animal that is very different from attacking.

overkill 280
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
I lose close 200,000 in money and ~100 valor per attack. No joke, and that is per single attack.

Its just not sustainable. the valor losses before this last event were mostly little guys, now i love a SH or SF every 5 turns. i have 80 of SH and 90 SF. I don't invest in them becuase i lose them too much.I know it's just pointless :) But how else is a good way to get Valor?

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Even at Level 87, there are still rivals with A/D numbers in the 6-8k range (compared to my 40k) and they place all of their defensive buildings in one place, or around the perimeter of their base. Like they are an afterthought or inconvenience, rather than a critical component of gameplay.

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 12:54 PM
There is also the "x-factor" of skill points to consider. My "all free" LLP has lost attacks and raids to opponents far weaker, who probably spent every single skill point on defense.

JohnnyR
04-16-2012, 12:56 PM
jp lfs gets. Guys, go check out my thread. Clear proof that PVP is playable. Patience, restraint and strategy are required, but casualties don't have to be a bloodletting. I'll say this, in correct situations casualty loss is not a problem. Many here have experienced good times. It's time to cope rather than complain. There is no fix coming.

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
And I don't do this myself, but it is my understanding that you get more valor from raiding unit buildings or defensive buildings than you do from money buildings. But you also suffer bigger losses attacking, say, a minefield, than you do an unprotected oil rig. But if valor alone is your goal, I believe that you should target their defense first. It also makes taking down the money buildings easier afterwards.

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
jp lfs gets. Guys, go check out my thread. Clear proof that PVP is playable. Patience, restraint and strategy are required, but casualties don't have to be a bloodletting. I'll say this, in correct situations casualty loss is not a problem. Many here have experienced good times. It's time to cope rather than complain. There is no fix coming.

Thanks JohnnyR! And I agree that it is time to cope, not complain. Adapt and adjust your strategy or suffer. And his thread is great reading. Please check it out.

el_gringo
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
At level 39 and I've only been attacking for valor missions, whilst doing plenty of raiding when I see payouts over 30k. Been that way for a while for me, my attacks just haven't paid out enough to be worth it.

JMC
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
I only attack for valor missions. PvP has never been a source of cash for me and for the last 3 months has actually been the place where i spend most of my money replacing units.

Right now i lose 50-80 bio warfare troops a day and countless other units since i've been attacking a lot.
I've decided to kill off what i don't need for missions and go with an army full of valor units and meat shields when it comes to attacking.
Still well worth it to get stealth surveillance drones and other units to help myself defend.

LeBarticus
04-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Eh idk man, it's all about how you play. Every once in a while I come across someone who either doesn't know about the vault or leaves all of their cash unvaulted. I got over 7 mill today from a couple people thru attacking them. I'm level 53 by the way. So yeah, I think it's still worth it.

Oh and I don't really lose too many units, if that was the question, and when I do, they aren't usually expensive ones - idk if that is luck or just because my stats are much higher maybe