PDA

View Full Version : Attacking... Why am I loosing???

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
So I've attacked this guy back like... 10 times... and have lost about 8 of the 10 fights...

I'm doing 792 dmg and he's got 741 def...

He though has 171 mobbies and I only 118...

Does that make a difference??

Or is it just a bad luck streak?

Also his attacks make it through to me directly... wtf... he does only like 750 dmg and I'm at about 1k def... argggg so frustrating... I'm not understanding these game mechanics t(._.t)

Vile Lynn
04-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Skill points?

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
wait... do skill points make a difference???? omg... I'm so dumb!

I have 0 in attack and 26 in def... I thought equipment would balance that stuff out... I put it all into nrg...

arggggg ok... new plan moving forward...

Dravak
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Basically he has higher skill points in def and attack then you .
so he forgo on energy and stamina , to increase his attack and defense .

anyway lower levels the attack and defense skills are more effective , since the difference is bigger .
let say 17 attack is not + 17 but more 170 -340.
later on it is less usefull cause the 250 attack translating to 2500-5000 isn't. a big deal breaker anymore .

hope that helps you .

Ram
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
wait... do skill points make a difference???? omg... I'm so dumb!

I have 0 in attack and 26 in def... I thought equipment would balance that stuff out... I put it all into nrg...

arggggg ok... new plan moving forward...

0 in attack? defense is very easy to get!

Nicholost
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Skill points?
That's my understanding as well. If a person delegates skill points heavily toward attack and defense, they should be able to skew the expected outcome from fights/robberies pretty significantly.

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
well I guess there is technically 1 in attack... but I use to play mafia wars and I was going to build a tanklike character... so was going to put all my points into defense... but then I thought that by lvl 100 I'd only have like 300 points into def... and that could easily be achieved/balanced by the buildings and equipment.... so I started putting all my points into nrg... but maybe I need to rethink/focus it into attack ^^...

but still doesn't explain how I can't get through and he can get through to me when my numbers are greater than his...

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Is he robbing or attacking you ? robbing is very hard to prevent what level are you kitteh ?

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
So I guess... just to understand how experienced players go about it... how do you guys invest your skill points?

I currently am only lvl 23 I think?

I've got 550 nrg 1 attack 26 def and 5 stamina...

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
At early levels I put all my skill into def until 50. Now I put it all into stamina. Stamina is all that gives me rewards worth anything, long term wise with the Respect Points I gain, I buy good items.

Plus a few upgraded defense buildings and a good inventory of weapons for the amount of mafia you have...
That's the recipe for me. Of course you'd want 1 of each type of weapon per mafia...

Just an FYI... The weapons I like to buy with RP aren't unlocked for awhile so I just save all my RP... However on my other account (Michael) I have them unlocked at level 140 and buy them as soon as I can afford them...

Only reason my mnju account has high stats is due to buying gold weapons early on.

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
No he is attacking me directly...

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
At early levels I put all my skill into def until 50. Now I put it all into stamina. Stamina is all that gives me rewards worth anything, long term wise with the Respect Points I gain, I buy good items.

Plus a few upgraded defense buildings and a good inventory of weapons for the amount of mafia you have...
That's the recipe for me. Of course you'd want 1 of each type of weapon per mafia...

Thanks for the advice ^^ sorry I couldn't reply in game... my phone for some reason lags like crazy... took like 2 minutes to spell out one word so I gave up (._.)

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the advice ^^ sorry I couldn't reply in game... my phone for some reason lags like crazy... took like 2 minutes to spell out one word so I gave up (._.)

Tell me about it! My 3GS is like that, I have to restart it all the time.

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Tell me about it! My 3GS is like that, I have to restart it all the time.

laaammmmesauce!

Yeah I have a gs2 and runs flawlessly except with this game... laggggs like a mofo... but ohhhh so worth it ^^

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
at the lower levels the attack and defense make a huge difference ,
See 1 attack is equel to around 10 , 1 mob can bring 1 shotgun 1 melee 1 armor and 1 car . so at your level .
1 mob fully equiped is around only 13-20 , so 2 points of attack already beat that ,
it is probaly you didn't equip your mob right at 23 you can only bring a certain number of mobs not 115 . or 100 .
think around 50 max , am not sure anymore . so if somebody has been using my 1-3 system no stamina .
his attack and defense is around 30 attack and 30 defense , cutting your defense to bits .
1-3 means one level pure attack and defense and 2-3 levels normal attack defense and energy .
+ map mastery free skill point it really ad up , earlier levels .

So hope that explains it a bit , how somebody can easily cut you up even if you have 26 defense .
But >.< since they nowadays hide the attack and defense skill , you no longer can verify what other people has .

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 11:19 AM
laaammmmesauce!

Yeah I have a gs2 and runs flawlessly except with this game... laggggs like a mofo... but ohhhh so worth it ^^

True dat! Lol

sexkitteh
04-16-2012, 11:21 AM
at the lower levels the attack and defense make a huge difference ,
See 1 attack is equel to around 10 , 1 mob can bring 1 shotgun 1 melee 1 armor and 1 car . so at your level .
1 mob fully equiped is around only 13-20 , so 2 points of attack already beat that ,
it is probaly you didn't equip your mob right at 23 you can only bring a certain number of mobs not 115 . or 100 .
think around 50 max , am not sure anymore . so if somebody has been using my 1-3 system no stamina .
his attack and defense is around 30 attack and 30 defense , cutting your defense to bits .
1-3 means one level pure attack and defense and 2-3 levels normal attack defense and energy .
+ map mastery free skill point it really ad up , earlier levels .

So hope that explains it a bit , how somebody can easily cut you up even if you have 26 defense .
But >.< since they nowadays hide the attack and defense skill , you no longer can verify what other people has .

Ok that does explain some more... where can I read up more about your system? lol

I read this like 3 times and it doesn't make 100% sense yet

As you get higher levels, does this still matter?

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
At higher level it doesn't really pay off if you run into somebody with 30k defense , or 30k attack .
Unless you yourself are a gold player , then it is again suprise suprise :p .

But for now simply put in 3 attack , till level and attack and defense are matched .
There must be some old post floating around , reason nobody can verify it anymore is cause attack and defense are hidden , and the value or multiplier keep changing ..... but the hidden part is cause of cheater protection.
And version difference >.< looking at you funzio :p

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
I think more things come together and matter as a whole...
For attack and defense. You want to have your mafia equipt with items
Hopefully good ATK/DEF each... You will gain stats from that.

It's a balance of managing a growing economy, and micromanaging the constant items you're buying for weapons to make sure each mafia has 1 each and so on...

Dravak
04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
yes mnju that was at certain point true too , since was at example level 50 had around 68 points attack and defense .
lack of vechiles caused me to lose a lot of attacks , then around 75 I was rocking again even with 2-3k higher oppenents , funzio reason for keeping stats hidden is what you say ...

But running into somebody with 100 def at level 20 was a bit unrealistic ;) for a new player back then .