PDA

View Full Version : Does more explosives mean more loss?

Chiefer
04-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Just curious. Does the amount of explosives in your arsenal increase the amount you loose? Whenever I buy a lot of explosives I loose a lot. I lost over hundred in defense of a small robbery of just over 9k. But if I only have a few hundred explosives in my inventory I loose little to none. Just an observation. Very, costly to maintain.

AppleMacGuy
04-16-2012, 02:25 AM
The losses are a function of the number of mafia equipped with them. So, on a statistical basis, the more of your mafia that are equipped the higher the odds of explosive loss.

I've been re-evaulating my use of defence explosives having pyramided all the way up to Land Mines. I know a lot of the higher level players don't bother with them at all, and I've come round to the same way of thinking and am going to stick with attack side ones only.

The only time I get robbed is on my 6 hours when I change my collection pattern over the weekends, and occasionally 8 hours when I'm feeling lazy. The problem is that I don't mind the robbery losses themselves, but losing 20+ Land Mines in the process really starts to bite, especially when they cost $150K a pop. Therefore, I'm running down my stocks. On an on-going basis I'm always going to allow the 6 hours to get robbed on weekends so there doesn't seem much point to lose 10 times as much again on the explosives - the robberies will happen regardless.

EDIT: Land Mines cost $150K each, not $325K (that is the price for Sarin).

Chiefer
04-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Hmm, That was a pretty good answer. Thanks

Hank
04-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Just curious. Does the amount of explosives in your arsenal increase the amount you loose? Whenever I buy a lot of explosives I loose a lot. I lost over hundred in defense of a small robbery of just over 9k. But if I only have a few hundred explosives in my inventory I loose little to none. Just an observation. Very, costly to maintain.

I agree with what applemacguy said, but I also think there is a relationship between the number of exlplosives you loose and the difference in stats between you and the person attacking. I only use defensive explosives, so i can only speak for those. But when someone weaker than me attacks or robs me. I never loose any explosives. But if the person happens to have stats closer to mine, then I will loose more explosives. Luckily my stats are pretty high for my level, so I don't loose to many. But if they weren't so high, I probably wouldn't use explosives because I would just loose way too many

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 03:58 AM
I agree with what applemacguy said, but I also think there is a relationship between the number of exlplosives you loose and the difference in stats between you and the person attacking. I only use defensive explosives, so i can only speak for those. But when someone weaker than me attacks or robs me. I never loose any explosives. But if the person happens to have stats closer to mine, then I will loose more explosives. Luckily my stats are pretty high for my level, so I don't loose to many. But if they weren't so high, I probably wouldn't use explosives because I would just loose way too many

I noticed the same thing on att and def explosives. I hardly EVER lose em unless its close.

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 04:08 AM
I noticed the same thing on att and def explosives. I hardly EVER lose em unless its close.

Me too. As soon as I attack anyone near my stats, I lose them.

AppleMacGuy
04-16-2012, 04:31 AM

Actually both good points...but CS, I slightly disagree...I am currently losing a shedload of Land Mines to a guy who robs me every now and then with def. that is half of mine, stripping out def. buildings. But I agree, that the closer your stats the more the odds increase of losing explosives.

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 04:35 AM
Actually both good points...but CS, I slightly disagree...I am currently losing a shedload of Land Mines to a guy who robs me every now and then with def. that is half of mine, stripping out def. buildings. But I agree, that the closer your stats the more the odds increase of losing explosives.

Right, I meant that, I consider their att being half my def as close for robberies cuz def is cut in half for them.

Max Power
04-16-2012, 08:03 AM
I am sticking with attack explosives for now. Given the level some HL players are, I am not sure I will ever buy Land Mines. I could have 500 and those guys will still beat me. Hell, they will probably target me just for the Land Mines.

I have 500+ Molotovs and 500+ Napalms. Oddly, since adding the Napalms, I never lose Molotovs in fights anymore, just Napalms. Funny how that works. Oh well, since I can pick my targets, I don't lose many.