PDA

View Full Version : More serious than the MA's - CCMark / Le Fizzle, Pls Respond

Jill
04-15-2012, 09:30 PM
I think we all remember the backlash within the forum when you introduced the rusty M4 A1's and despite various threats of quitting or buying no more gold, I think we all ended saying to ourselves, well this affects everyone, yes unfair for the low level players, but let’s move on and get our stats and income build up and continue playing the game.

The big difference now with this ‘money hack’, is we are now playing beside those who are cheating. One minute they have the same stats as you, the next they have $19m cash explosives or a mountain of some other good stat cash equipment. This is a totally different situation from the MA’s.

To me there are two big problems that I feel will make me quit the game and this time I am serious;
1) Do I want to play a game along with people who are cheating? - Well my answer is NO.
2) Do I want to be distracted from my normal quests and go searching for people who I believe are cheating and report them to you? OR (and perhaps this is even worse) Do I report people who I honestly believe are cheating when in fact they are straight? - To me that is like a witch hunt and I don’t want to be a part of it.

We, or at least I, need answers CC Mark and Le Fizzle, as to what is happening at your end to resolve what seems to be a spiralling out of control situation.

Ram
04-15-2012, 09:31 PM
good luck getting an honest answer!

CounterSniper
04-15-2012, 09:47 PM
It is bad, I can see this having horrifying repercussions for Funzio.

I hope they can get a handle on it fast.

kinghansen
04-15-2012, 09:53 PM
I was actually just thinking that this issue is way worse than the M4A1s. I am still disappointed with the decision to nerf them, but like you said, I guess I can live with it.

I agree 100% that I don't want to play along side with cheaters. I hope Funzio gets a handle on it very quickly. Hopefully they also come down hard on the cheaters, they need to have heavy reprocussions for their actions.

Funzio I agree with the OP, please give us an update on the progress of this issue and how it is going to be handled.

schlumpf
04-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Well said, Jill.

Crime City Mark
04-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's only polite to get L Fizzle's name right before you call them out.

As with any exploit we investigate, determine how it's done, and release a fix to prevent it from happening again. Players that are found to be intentionally manipulating an exploit are punished in accordance with our policies.

Steve0
04-15-2012, 09:59 PM
How long Do you thing it will take? Keep up the good work.

JennyJJ
04-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm pretty sure it's only polite to get L Fizzle's name right before you call them out.

As with any exploit we investigate, determine how it's done, and release a fix to prevent it from happening again. Players that are found to be intentionally manipulating an exploit are punished in accordance with our policies.

this is good.

i need muney
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM
this is good.
If were true.

Jill
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Well pardon my French Sir, my English isnt that great either and if I have offended the Lady I am really sorry.

Dont think my sarcasm comes across in the written form as I intended it

JennyJJ
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
takes a bit of time i assume.

dudeman
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Personally, I would hold a zero tolerance policy for intentional cheating. Some people spend real money on this game and anyone who undermines that system makes every single legitimate player into a "sucker".

I have no idea how this type of thing gets addressed though, so I can only assume the Funzio crew has their work cut out for them. Good luck, I hope this is fixed soon.

It would also be cool if you adopt the Kingdom Age update system for CC. The other day I was told I had to update (KA) if I wanted to continue playing. Forcing everyone to use the same version is the right thing to do.

CounterSniper
04-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Personally, I would hold a zero tolerance policy for intentional cheating. Some people spend real money on this game and anyone who undermines that system makes every single legitimate player into a "sucker".

I have no idea how this type of thing gets addressed though, so I can only assume the Funzio crew has their work cut out for them. Good luck, I hope this is fixed soon.

It would also be cool if you adopt the Kingdom Age update system for CC. The other day I was told I had to update (KA) if I wanted to continue playing. Forcing everyone to use the same version is the right thing to do.

+1 Well said!!

mongorie
04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
+1 to forced updates! Fixes everything really, and every one is on the same data set/version
no more of this imbalance between different platforms

Bruiser
04-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Well put Jill and we all wait and see what the new update will bring and what recourse the "alleged" cheating players receive...

Crime City Mark
04-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Well put Jill and we all wait and see what the new update will bring and what recourse the "alleged" cheating players receive...

You won't see it. We don't share the details of punitive measures. The only people that will see what happens to the accounts are the account owners.

blondealex
04-15-2012, 10:53 PM
They are fixing the issue. Let's all calm down a little and take a breath.

It may take them some time to get everyone "weeded out", but in the mean time how is it killing people? It has been said plenty of times on these forums, "there will always be someone able to rob you". So keep you money banked and buildings collected to weather the storm. Worst Case, you collect 40% and move on.

If Funzio wasn't fixing this issue I would have a different take on it, but I've seen some of these cheaters already disappear from my rivals list. This isn't the first cheat, and will not be the last. Such is life.

Dravak
04-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Look warned you guys and girls , told you it would happen sooner or later .
Mark really set some examples cause this is crazy .
You can´t let people just come in here tell on the forums they only lost there money ...
That is what set off this riot , sorry harsher methods are needed
Take away all there bought items if they cheated .

Even if they were customers before you are alienating the fair players and punishing them .
That is the big difference .

Crime City Mark
04-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Dravak, we do not discuss punitive measures. End of story. Action is being taken, but we will not describe what that action is or detail individual accounts.

Ram
04-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Marky mark is not laughing ladies and gentlemen!

Jill
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Dravak, we do not discuss punitive measures. End of story. Action is being taken, but we will not describe what that action is or detail individual accounts.

CC Mark, you are a service provider, we are your clients. As a matter of fact we are more than just your clients, in this forum we provide you invaluable feedback on your product, we provide you with new ideas on how to improve your service and we also provide you with information when something goes wrong in the game, as in this case and the various other threads relating to the same problem. To give us an "End of story" line is really an insult.

As your ‘valued’ clients we want to know the actions taken to resolve the problem, the actions taken against those who have cheated, not only us, but also you. You don’t have to be precise, giving names, levels, etc but something along the lines of…..
10 players all money removed from their game.
10 players all inventory believed to have be purchased using their ill gains has been removed
10 players kicked out

Pretty simple, nothing fancy but I think I speak for a few here, you would be held in very high standing and we all, as stakeholders within your company, will feel we are part of it.

Dravak
04-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Maybe I will state what I mean beter .

The whole topic of people doing whatever they want , started with the events .
Then somebody comes into the forums , yell I lost 2 million .. my money is gone .
Well we all know where that thread went .

Seriously Leniency is a bit gone , you cannot only take away there money , I do not want to know what happens with the players , or your action towards them .
Just be harsher , sorry CC is already profitable ,So you have to weigh customer on each or her personal merit .
While that system is not up for discussion , that forum post , did give it away a bit .
I personally like that system , but sadly you have to understand at this point after gold hack respec hack , the money glitch was next .

What is next we can wonder after you plug that hole , well offcourse inventory cheat .
That doesn´t take a genious to figure the pattern how they are going to cheat .
So if you don´t set a harsher example now , you only stimulate the obvious .

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 12:42 AM
That guy cried about losing 170 million and all his gear.

Dravak
04-16-2012, 12:48 AM
WTF I didn´t read that one , I only read the one about after the DP event , when people went overtime and I called them a bunch of exploiters and cheat , they shouldn´t create a envoirement that is ripe for hacking to get there final 10 .

Around that time somebody came in and yelled I lost 2 million . somebody posted report to funzio , another person replied isn´t that a bit too much money for a 13 or something.
That is the one I am revering too . been away from the forums for a while .

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 12:55 AM
WTF I didn´t read that one , I only read the one about after the DP event , when people went overtime and I called them a bunch of exploiters and cheat , they shouldn´t create a envoirement that is ripe for hacking to get there final 10 .

Around that time somebody came in and yelled I lost 2 million . somebody posted report to funzio , another person replied isn´t that a bit too much money for a 13 or something.
That is the one I am revering too . been away from the forums for a while .

Oh, this guy was here friday night and i believe he was the same guy who posted the guide to cheat that was later deleted

xclusiv
04-16-2012, 01:36 AM
im not sure what it can be classified as, im sure whoever found this out stumbled upon it by accident and then tried to replicate it again. should players be penalised for something that is faulty with the game?

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 01:39 AM
im not sure what it can be classified as, im sure whoever found this out stumbled upon it by accident and then tried to replicate it again. should players be penalised for something that is faulty with the game?

Not by chance, but when they then do it intentionally over and over and over again, then yes.

Its already happened to a senior forum member in the not too distant past.

Bruiser
04-16-2012, 01:39 AM
You won't see it. We don't share the details of punitive measures. The only people that will see what happens to the accounts are the account owners.

CCM we will know on some accounts as we hold info on them as well, ie: Screeshots etc. We will be checking reguarly on these accounts to see what has happened if anything...We are losing out on these attacks etc so we do have a big interest in what punitive measures are taken.

Chiefer
04-16-2012, 02:14 AM
CC Mark, you are a service provider, we are your clients. As a matter of fact we are more than just your clients, in this forum we provide you invaluable feedback on your product, we provide you with new ideas on how to improve your service and we also provide you with information when something goes wrong in the game, as in this case and the various other threads relating to the same problem. To give us an "End of story" line is really an insult.

As your ‘valued’ clients we want to know the actions taken to resolve the problem, the actions taken against those who have cheated, not only us, but also you. You don’t have to be precise, giving names, levels, etc but something along the lines of…..
10 players all money removed from their game.
10 players all inventory believed to have be purchased using their ill gains has been removed
10 players kicked out

Pretty simple, nothing fancy but I think I speak for a few here, you would be held in very high standing and we all, as stakeholders within your company, will feel we are part of it.

Common sense would be if you used your imagination. The way that wouldn't infringe on people's rights. Is ban the people who played free with no gold purchase and no ties.... And take away the difference from people who have bought gold and, let them continue to play. But in reality they can ban them anyway. They willingly broke an obvious rule... Breaking rules cancel "memberships" depending on severity with real money value in daily life. Exploiting cash in a game people pay to play, is highly bannable, IMO and justified.
I not feel that people who got attacked by the exploiters and given free money should be held accountable for anything tho.

Amber_
04-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Well put Jill, agree with you 100%. WE, the costumers, are the reason that Funzio still exist. Yet we don't get to know anything.

I'm pissed because I've worked very long and very hard to build up my economy, with lots of real money invested. Now it's all for nothing because anyone can get millions by just cheating. I really hope this is getting fixed, but even if it does it's still caused a lot of damage already. It's not hard to figure I'm not going to buy gold at all until this is 100% fixed, and I suggest you other players to follow this. Funzio needs to take this seriously, it's been going on for too long.

Rhino72
04-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Amber I bought 3 vaults during the sale and Saturday / Sunday I came across a guy who had used some gold but clearly was cheating. I was pissed to see that whatever I do with 3 vaults wouldn't let me crack through his BS cheating defense so I am with you 100%. Yes I have invested a good deal of money into this game and I will hold off on purchasing any more real money items until I see that something has been done to deal with it.

One suggestion would be for Funzio to run a query to report back to them every player who has greater than 500 of any item other than explosives. I posted on this guy's wall yesterday "I can understand if you decided to stock up on 11000 land mines + 14000 Napalm but what would possess you to buy 1500 Tasers and 5000 Golden Magnums?" Those types of numbers should be very easy to weed out, reset and impose some kind of ban, reset or punishment that is meaningful.

Max Power
04-16-2012, 07:29 AM

And we are also "pretty sure" that Mark and Fizzle aren't your real names. Just sayin.....

Max Power
04-16-2012, 07:29 AM

LOL....look who found Jesus.

Jill, you make some great points.

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 07:32 AM
And we are also "pretty sure" that Mark and Fizzle aren't your real names. Just sayin.....

We're positive. He said his is fake and she told us her real name.

You're like breath of fresh air around here Max. How you been?

Max Power
04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
We're positive. He said his is fake and she told us her real name.

Your like breath of fresh air around here Max. How you been?

Doin well. Heading to London tonight on the redeye for some much needed R&R. Using points so the trip is almost free, except tavern expenses, of course. Cant find a tavern where points work....LOL.

Ooops....threadjack. Chiefer will be here in T-Minus 30 seconds.....29......28.......

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Doin well. Heading to London tonight on the redeye for some much needed R&R. Using points so the trip is almost free, except tavern expenses, of course. Cant find a tavern where points work....LOL.

Ooops....threadjack. Chiefer will be here in T-Minus 30 seconds.....29......28.......

LOL... Enjoy yourself.

Alice
04-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Looks like I missed something here...yes we do not want cheaters, but take it easy, they will be wiped out by funzio sooner or later. It's not like M4A1 that never came back.

Dillinja
04-16-2012, 07:56 AM

Hey Max, whereabouts you in London?
Let me know, if you need some ideas about where to go or any help while you're here.
PS - all my plugs seem to work fine, i think you've got the wrong type of equipment...

Max Power
04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey Max, whereabouts you in London?
Let me know, if you need some ideas about where to go or any help while you're here.
PS - all my plugs seem to work fine, i think you've got the wrong type of equipment...

London Book Fair at Earls Court and then in South Kensington. Will have the unlimited underground/bus pass, so all the usual haunts with colleagues that know the drill. Imperial War Museum is high on the list, and we are virgins on that side of the river. Thanks for the offer.

Vile Lynn
04-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Does Funzio actively look for & weed out cheaters or do they wait for us to report them?

Asking because I know of a few players who worked the crate glitch and became super strong overnight. CCMark said it was handled. The crate glitchers are still playing. I haven't reported anyone, yet. The glitch was fixed, but were the cheaters fixed?

Wouldn't it be easy enough to find those player who downloaded the crate glitch version from iTunes 20,30,40x?
Or do I have to report them? I want Funzio to find them.

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Does Funzio actively look for & weed out cheaters or do they wait for us to report them?

Asking because I know of a few players who worked the crate glitch and became super strong overnight. CCMark said it was handled. The crate glitchers are still playing. I haven't reported anyone, yet. The glitch was fixed, but were the cheaters fixed?

Wouldn't it be easy enough to find those player who downloaded the crate glitch version from iTunes 20,30,40x?
Or do I have to report them? I want Funzio to find them.

They seem to be reactive and not proactive.

Whassup ? long time no see.

Vile Lynn
04-16-2012, 08:47 AM
(Hi CS! :D It is "weekends-at-the-lake" season, yeah...sooo, no wi-fi)

I don't wanna report cheaters! Wish Funzio would do more about them. Funzio's "'don't ask, won't tell' about cheaters" policy works really well for them. We have to trust that Funzio is protecting us honest players... trust... heh.

CounterSniper
04-16-2012, 08:55 AM

I don't wanna report cheaters! Wish Funzio would do more about them. Funzio's "'don't ask, won't tell' about cheaters" policy works really well for them. We have to trust that Funzio is protecting us honest players... trust... heh.

You need to get a portable hotspot if u can get cell service. I dropped my cellphone, picked up a hotspot and can make calls on my ipod, ipad or laptop w/ skype. Obviously most people need a cell phone but i dont. I make most calls from home (skype also) and I have a phone in my vehicle w the onstar deal. I save like 100 bucks a month. Guess where that goes? at least 79.99 of it anyways. hehe.

You gotta do what you feel most comfortable with but I would urge you to report anyone who seems fishy, Funzio doesnt mind and no one gets banned that doesnt deserve it so you shouldnt feel bad. imo.

sez
04-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Cant wait for weekends at the LAKE!!! was suppose to go this weekend but it was to cold, hopefully next weekend and every weekend after :-)

Swifty
04-16-2012, 09:21 AM
My current view is that if no one files a ticket on a cheater, then Funzio is not going to do anything about it.

Which is inherently unfair.

Plux
04-16-2012, 09:24 AM
This is a horrifying situation, keep reporting the players cheating to Funzio, this is snowballing, I've reported my first, and requested a hardline approach. I don't honestly care if they've spent money on the game in the past, if they break terms and conditions they should be deleted out of CrimeCity and forfeit all money spent as they made a choice.

I can't buy gold until this is fixed, what's the point. I won't leave but I'll just collect and wait. I saw a player which I reported with $25m at least of items on $30k income. This with building upgrades and expansions is not possible and Anthrax explosives at max level (83) also into the huge numbers. No way, delete these user accounts Funzio with immediate effect if you can't tally their Itunes spending with the stats and equipment they have! You're losing out Funzio and so are we, we all work together to help Funzio bring us a fantastic game for us to enjoy and help them make money and provide us greater enjoyment. These cheats are ruining the game!!

Babytway
04-16-2012, 10:37 AM
i said this before in the other thread but the cheaters are always goin to be here regardless once this exploit gets fixed there will be another and another, it will be a never ending thing. they say the players will be punish but if you look at some of the money cheaters in a month or two from now they will be unaffected, its very obvious to notice the money cheaters like it was very obvious to see the original crate glitch players, months have passed since that glitch and you still the glitched crate players with same inventory with nothing done to them. i believe funzio picks and chooses who they will punish i.e. G Wiz.

Hank
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I have run across a few cheaters, whats the easiest way to report them?

TRAZ
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I too buy lots of gold and show my support to Funzio by doing so. This whole matter really bothers me from a customer standpoint. I haven't actually looked for anyone in the game that is exploiting this bug but if I do happen to come across them I shall.

Crime City Mark
04-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I have run across a few cheaters, whats the easiest way to report them?

Use the in-game contact button to send their name (spelling and case are very important) to our support team. They will investigate and take appropriate action.

Hank
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
thank you ...extra words

Ram
Use the in-game contact button to send their name (spelling and case are very important) to our support team. They will investigate and take appropriate action.

They should get a lifetime ban!

Crime City Mark
My current view is that if no one files a ticket on a cheater, then Funzio is not going to do anything about it.

Which is inherently unfair.

That is incredibly incorrect. Our engineering team is constantly working to fix issues with the game, and when they uncover an exploit they take action against the players using it. While the fix is being worked on the support team is handling every report that comes in as well as using their own tools to deal with the worst offenders.

Cheaters are being handled every single day.

Swifty
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
@Crime City Mark

If that is correct, I am all too happy to stand corrected.

If.

BeniBugatti
04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I reported a player on March 26th when that player was level 33

At that time he had approximately 1.5 Billion dollars worth of Grenade Launchers, Steel Garotes, Blast Guard Helmets and Audi's (over 500 of each). His income was below 30K per hour at that time.

I was later able to add him to my mafia, and he is now level 53 and chugging along with 500K income a huge number of expansions completed and apparently a free pass from Funzio.

All I recieved from Funzio was a we are looking into it response... so one must ask.

Why bother to report cheaters?

On a side note: I'd love to hear from some serious dedicated players that have not cheated and have been playing from day 1. Is it even possible to have accumulated that much cash playing with perfect efficiency?

Dravak
04-16-2012, 12:36 PM
No no and don't let people tell you so buying cash is silly , sorry not at that level , people quickly switch to buying gold , once they find out how it works .

So can't believe 150million worth of 500 each , when quick calculation shows you beter stats with value in gold items from RM .

L Fizzle
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Closing this thread. Please visit:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24791-A-Statement-from-Funzio-on-Cheating