PDA

View Full Version : Event Poll

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
I just wanted to get this going just to see what people think. Take an honest vote.

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Haha, t'was gonna do this myself WP!

My vote-hell yeah! I love events.

Where's the pole dude?
^(16/17 year old me speaking, yes)

Blackstone
04-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Got to 9 again. At least I'll get the special prize L Fizzle mentioned :)

Didn't buy any gold.

marebear
04-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I still like the events themselves. I never expected great odds without gold and are satisfied with 3 free units. I know I don't have to participate. You all know how I feel about my dead horse the spurious # 9

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Oh god, WP-nobody's gonna pick "it's good the way it is" with "they should adjust the odds" Boo on this poll.

Blackstone...hate to tell ya this, but there is no 9th prize. :-( Funzio dev's mixed something up...

MaverickMunkey
04-15-2012, 09:35 PM
I enjoy the events but personally I think that the odds need to be amended for boxes 8,9 and 10. For the last three events i have reached 9 and got no further - first two using gold and this one solely using cash.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Oh god, WP-nobody's gonna pick "it's good the way it is" with "they should adjust the odds" Boo on this poll.

Blackstone...hate to tell ya this, but there is no 9th prize. :-( Funzio dev's mixed something up...

I am just making it fair. I can't just have hate it or love it as options.

Edit: And some smartass voted for it. We know they are lying though.

MaverickMunkey
04-15-2012, 09:41 PM

That will be the person who has got to 10 on all three events!

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I am just making it fair. I can't just have hate it or love it as options.

I am perfectly content with the events. If you didn't believe it to be a worthy option, why'd you stick it up there, lol? Hope I'm not messing up the point you're trying to make. :p

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I am perfectly content with the events. If you didn't believe it to be a worthy option, why'd you stick it up there, lol? Hope I'm not messing up the point you're trying to make. :p

Like I said, you have your thoughts, and I'll have mine. Your ok with the events because you didn't pay Funzio $200 for nothing. That is why we are on different pages. Maybe you just like the drama threads that come with the events...

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Like I said, you have your thoughts, and I'll have mine. Your ok with the events because you didn't pay Funzio $200 for nothing. That is why we are on different pages. Maybe you just like the drama threads that come with the events...

Yes, we both have thoughts-quite well established.

Second point, lol. I have reasonable intelligence to discuss without having to go through the spending of money the fact that when you pay for a chance, you do not receive a guarantee.

Third point-wrong, but thanks for trying. I actually prefer the drama threads at CC forum, lol.

Fourth point-w00t! Looks like I'm not alone after all, eh? 22.22% of the people agree the events rock.

Ya got your $$$ WP, I don't feel so bad for you anymore man. Perhaps stick with your cash opens?

-->FISH<--
04-15-2012, 10:02 PM
The complaints are all centered around a certain area. The events seemed to be front loaded to draw you in but, there isn't a payoff on the back end. If it truly was random then you wouldn't get so many at the beginning. If you had played for five days and only were able to find 5 parts, you would be less likely to rant about not getting the other 5. Since most people sit on 7, 8, and 9 for days this is the frustrating part.
The Funzio debacle, with the lFizzle post and then the covert retraction, didn't help the cause in the eyes of already frustrated players from the last event. There needed to be a more professional approach to the situation. Maybe it says something about the people running the game, possibly their working out of their mothers basement and can hardly see their monitors due to the credit card statements piled up in their shoe boxes.
I enjoy the risk - reward system, they just need to to tweak the way prizes are handed out. After they give me my 9 open prize and LFizzle does't go anywhere.

Maverick50727
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
I hate to say that was your choice to spend the money and they told people the odds up front in the forum on the first event, just not in the game. I for one don't ever want the events to stop. Modified maybe for the odds so not only the majority of the people getting the 10th itmes aren't high end gold players who don't need another advantage.

I'm a free player and I look at events this way, yeah I will probably never get the 10th item. However, I get 3 indestructible units each time I would never have access to otherwise. I get cash, minor valor, and fairly good loot item rewards also. I have never got a grunt, but that may just be and option for lower level players.

I also get better loot items. While I'm not sure if this is directly linked to the events, I have access to a better level of loot (like iron wings and predator subs) during the last event and this one. Maybe this is to compensate for loses, but I for one profit by it. Some people may level up too quickly as a result, but that could be seen as another advantage creating weaker rivals.

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
The Funzio debacle, with the lFizzle post and then the covert retraction, didn't help the cause in the eyes of already frustrated players from the last event. There needed to be a more professional approach to the situation.

Covert reaction? It was specifically asked for, so as not to mislead other posters who would have kept assuming there was a 9th part to look for. I agree about need for more professionalism, perhaps an actual formal announcement and apology in a new thread however. Shoe boxes and CC statements...not likely man, this place is probably google-like in the office right now, mega bux, lol. Congrats to them for winning the game of life, these guys are SET.

Blackstone
04-15-2012, 10:09 PM

Yes I know. That's what the :) was for.

Funny story. I had one box left and 1 hour to go, so I decided to get 15 gold downloading a few tapjoy apps. That way I would be guaranteed one last open and guess what I got? Yep a grunt - no joke. Fitting end to the event :)

JMC
04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Im fine with the events the way they are, if they could just not mess up with drop rates and open rates like they did on the secret document event and possibly did on this event.

This event it seems open rate decreased as the drop rate decreased. Secret document event had a whole bunch of problems and bugs. So far the only event that ran as it seemed that it should of is the titanium bar event. Box open rate was consistent throughout the event.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I hate to say that was your choice to spend the money and they told people the odds up front in the forum on the first event, just not in the game. I for one don't ever want the events to stop. Modified maybe for the odds so not only the majority of the people getting the 10th itmes aren't high end gold players who don't need another advantage.

When somebody can get to ten for free, and then somebody spends 3000 gold, opens 3x more boxes, and still doesn't get a single item, isn't right in my eyes. Also remember, funzio admitted to me that sometimes a lopsided effect happens. I am not saying that is what happened even though I believe it, it isn't fair to whoever it does happen to.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Instead of it being a random drop, they should set it to a set drop, but leave the open rates random still.

Ex:
Open 2: plane part
Open 9: plane part
Open 76: 10th plane part

Something like that would be so much better.

JMC
04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Randomness of the drop rate is better IMO. That is if they can get it right though, instead of constantly messing up on these events.

Maybe make it something like it is all still random, but if someone opens a certain amount of boxes between two bars they are guaranteed to get the part. Something like the first part is guaranteed after 3 opens. Second part is guaranteed at 5 opens after the first bar was obtained (8 opens total), etc. However, with luck someone could still get the first part on first open and the second part on the second open. So there is still a certain amount of luck involved, but the gold players don't end up spending thousands of gold without a result.

Basically your set value idea with the luck factor only being able to be positive.

The guaranteed amount of opens for all 10 parts would be pretty much impossible for free players, so that's where the luck factor comes in that could advance them to the next part quicker.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Randomness of the drop rate is better IMO. That is if they can get it right though, instead of constantly messing up on these events.

Maybe make it something like it is all still random, but if someone opens a certain amount of boxes between two bars they are guaranteed to get the part. Something like the first part is guaranteed after 3 opens. Second part is guaranteed at 5 opens after the first bar was obtained (8 opens total), etc. However, with luck someone could still get the first part on first open and the second part on the second open. So there is still a certain amount of luck involved, but the gold players don't end up spending thousands of gold without a result.

Basically your set value idea with the luck factor only being able to be positive.

Yeah, that would be better than what they are running now. (Of course the set drop numbers will remain a secret) If the open rates are fixed and still stay random there shouldn't be a problem with that idea. Those who prefer to buy it rather than earn it stll can after so many opens, and those who are lucky enough to open that amount of boxes with free or medium choices can earn it.

Because when you open close to 200 boxes and still don't have the last item, that isn't right. They need to take the gamble out, and just let us rely on luck or gold, which ever we prefer.

Of course this won't happen though because they like us gambling away our gold for an ally.

bilbo baggins
04-16-2012, 01:44 AM
When somebody can get to ten for free, and then somebody spends 3000 gold, opens 3x more boxes, and still doesn't get a single item, isn't right in my eyes. Also remember, funzio admitted to me that sometimes a lopsided effect happens. I am not saying that is what happened even though I believe it, it isn't fair to whoever it does happen to.

Are you suggesting that people who buy more lottery tickets have a greater right to win the main prize than the person who has only bought one ticket? Its the same thing loads of people match 3 or 4 numbers but even buying 10,000 tickets will not guarantee you getting 6 0r 7.

SingaporeWarroir
04-16-2012, 02:48 AM
I am all for the event is good the way it is. The next event I will not even be using the rusty knife just bare hands. Both my HLP and LLP reached 9 plane parts but after spending millions of virtual cash failed to get the final tenth. In future I will now buy expensive units and expensive upgrades instead of using it in the medium chance. I am happy to get the 3 indestructible units, units that I will not pay for since I am a free player.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Are you suggesting that people who buy more lottery tickets have a greater right to win the main prize than the person who has only bought one ticket? Its the same thing loads of people match 3 or 4 numbers but even buying 10,000 tickets will not guarantee you getting 6 0r 7.

I am suggesting that this is a video game and not a lottery contest. Don't compare the two.

Power*
04-16-2012, 05:45 AM
got 9 parts total , 1-5 in day 1 , odds do seem to change as event progressed - disappointing to say the least. Other than the odds I really enjoyed this event (my 1st) however i wont be putting the same effort into future events if nothing changes.

bilbo baggins
04-16-2012, 05:47 AM
I am suggesting that this is a video game and not a lottery contest. Don't compare the two.

So how much do people need to spend in order to guarantee the main prize then? $200 a month? $50 a month $50,000 a month?

It was a game of chance and some people won and some people did not. To then moan and say "well I spent X amount and therefore deserve the 10th prize especially as some people who spent nothing got it anyway" is frankly laughable and smacks of the behaviour of an immature spoilt child IMHO.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 05:49 AM
So how much do people need to spend in order to guarantee the main prize then? $200 a month? $50 a month $50,000 a month?

It was a game of chance and some people won and some people did not. To then moan and say "well I spent X amount and therefore deserve the 10th prize especially as some people who spent nothing got it anyway" is frankly laughable and smacks of the behaviour of an immature spoilt child IMHO.

It isn't a game of change. That is not what your understanding. The open rates change as the days progress. Until you have spent a little over $3000 in two months, don't try to understand what I am saying.

See this is the thing. It's a game, not reality. So yes, money spenders deserve the uper hand. After all, they are the ones who keep this game free for some of you.

So for those of you who are saying this is like the lottery and all, no it is not, because it is a game!

Slot machines for example. The odds are always the same. There is no such thing as a hot machine or anything like that. But here, the first day open rates are extremely high, but the last few days, they barely open.

bilbo baggins
04-16-2012, 06:19 AM
It isn't a game of change. That is not what your understanding. The open rates change as the days progress. Until you have spent a little over $3000 in two months, don't try to understand what I am saying.

Ok Narcissus!! and I can agree with you on one thing it isn't a game of CHANGE.

Maverick50727
04-16-2012, 06:23 AM
I understand what you are saying but it IS an event of chance and WAS stated as such from the beginning . IMO they should in no way set fixed open rates . I have never got a single 10th item and I am saying this for a reason. The chance of opens is only guaranteed with gold, but not to get you a part, just open it. If it was fixed, then people with deep pockets just get more unfair advantages against free players or those who can't spend as much. The 10th item I see as a game equalizer. I'm sure it you want to spend $1000's you should be able to get it but that is a choice and there is no guarantee. Maybe they can make the odds better but never fix it or link it to gold spending as others say. It is a in-game event of "chance" that I myself have never been lucky enough to win, but I still have fun.

I think they should better state the chances though as the in-game screen tells you nothing about the odds decreasing. Communication of how the events work needs to be improved I agree. As a forum reader, you have the advantage that they told you up front odds decreased as you got more bars, docs, parts, etc. You know how the Funzio model operates so you should read into the fact when they say when the rate decreases but never becomes zero, that it may pretty darn close to zero.

Again from the very first post the Boomer posted the word "chance" is all over it and at the very bottom he stated the decreasing odds as you approach the 10th item at the bottom:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21395-Ammo-Box-Event-Guide!&highlight=event+boomer
"Ammo Box Discovery:

Ammo Boxes can be obtained from any action that requires the use of energy or stamina. All missions have a chance to drop a Ammo box, although you cannot get them from your hood. You have a chance to steal boxes from other players in PVP.

The rate in which Ammo Boxes drop is directly related to energy cost of a job (PvE) and a fixed value for stealing in PvP. The higher the energy cost for a job, the better chance at getting a Ammo box.

When a Ammo Box is found, it will fly into a special UI icon which is located at the lower left hand side of the screen. Tapping this icon brings up the events window.

Loot:

* 4 pieces of loot are tied to the event.
* Different levels see different loot for each item: [1-20] [21-50] [51-80] [81+]
* Loot is automatically placed in a players inventory once the amount of Titanium Bars for each are found.
* The last item (10 Titanium Bars) has an item bonus which is -20% unit casualty rates. * As long as a player has this item in their inventory, it will function properly. It does not have to be equipped by them or their Alliance.

Lockpick Kits:

* Players have 3 choices as to how they want to open their lock box.
* Bare Hands: (Free to use and a low chance to open.)
* Rusty Knife: (Cash to use, scales with players level, and a medium chance to open.)
* Blow Torch: (Gold to use, fixed value and a guaranteed chance to open.)
* Once a player taps one of the lockpick buttons, 2 things can happen; they can successfully open the Ammo Box, awarding loot, or fail to open.
* If successful -> a Ammo Box is subtracted from their total.
* If they fail -> they do not lose the Ammo Box.

Lockpick Kit Cooldown:

All attempts at opening a Ammo box will trigger a 1 hour cooldown. A player is only allowed to open 1 Ammo box per hour. If they wish to open more, they can choose to use the reset timer function. This costs 15 gold. Once reset, they are brought back to the main events window where they can attempt to open another Ammo box.

Titanium Bars:

This is sort of an event currency. Titanium Bars have a chance to drop anytime a Ammo box is successfully opened. Players will need to collect Titanium Bars to obtain the loot seen in the main events window. Once 10 Titanium Bars are collected, the end event item is awarded. At this time, players may still open Ammo boxes, although Titanium Bars will stop dropping.

The rate for Titanium Bar drops is gradually reduced as your total number of Titanium Bars increases. This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.-0 number. "

War Priest
04-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Mav, the rate at which boxes open isn't suppose to change, but it does. That is my point.

jema416
04-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I used 15 gold twice and it did not open a cargo box as promised. Instead it said to use a hand grenade to open. Which I did. I have sent a request to support but have not heard back. Did anyone else have the same problem?

Maverick50727
04-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Mav, the rate at which boxes open isn't suppose to change, but it does. That is my point.That is just your opinion and how you want the game/event to work unfortunately. It isn't how the devs designed it and and they did state the decreasing odds up front, but again there definitely needs to be better in-game communication of this.

Not to make you angry, everyone has the right to their own opinion. If anyone should be angry, it should be me since I have yet to score the 10th item in all 3 events. LOL I've seen some who have them all, some who said they never spent gold, some who got them by the 3rd day not even using gold. (or at least they claimed) So it appears it is possible to get them but I have the same luck as I do in winning the lottery. You know I had 8 with like 5 days to go in the event and still made it only 9 the last day and I opened 2-3 times the number of boxes of some who did get it. Random.

I wish you the best of luck next time though buddy!!!

War Priest
04-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Mav, no. The drop rate in which the goal item drops is what decreases. The open rate for the box isn't suppose to change. That is not an opinion...

Let me make it more clear. On the first day, everybody manages to open almost every box, come the middle and towards the last days, hardly any boxes open. That rate is NOT suppose to change, just the drop rate is. No opinion involved here.

Boomer has stated like you posted the DROP rate decreases. The buttons in which you open a box doesn't change from High Chance to Medium Chance, to Low Change. It all remains Medium Chance, yet clearly it isn't really a "medium" chance.

Maverick50727
04-16-2012, 08:23 AM
OK, you may be speaking from your own experience again and not the average. I use the Medium chance always and my open rate varies from day to day and appears random. I didn't necessarily do any better on the start of events and actually had better open rates soemtimes on the last day. I guess I'm not everybody, I record notes as I open on my phone. Here was what I got the last 3 events. You can see in the briefcase event I started off with more fails than anything else with 1 doc. The cargo box was 50/50 open for me and had 4 parts. These are just my results, you and others may have been totally different. Not sure if you kept records.

Briefcases Event
3/23
Fail
Fail
Fail
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Fail
Secret Document
Fail
Fail
Fail
Aerospace Drone 19/22
Fail
Fail
Fail

3/24
Secret Document
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Fail
Secret Document
Award - Raiding Caravan 11/15
Fail
Fail
Government Patrol 11/18
Fail
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Fail
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Fail
250,000 Cash
Secret Document
Secret Document
Reward - Hell Soldier 37/22
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Fail

3/25
Government Patrol 11/18
Fail
Fail
Fail
250,000 Cash
250,000 Cash
Fail
Secret Document
Secret Document
Reward - Siege Battleship 38/36
Fail
Fail
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Failed
Government Patrol 11/18
Aerospace Drone 19/22
Typhoon Tiger 21/14

3/26
Fail
Fail
Fail
1,250,000 Cash
Fail
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Fail
Fail
Fail
500 Valor
Aerospace Drone 19/22

3/27
Fail
Government Patrol 11/18
Fail
Aerospace Drone 19/22
Fail
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Fail
Fail
Fail

3/28
Fail
Fail
Government Patrol 11/18
Fail
500 Valor
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
Fail
Fail
250,000 Cash
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
Fail
Fail

3/29
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Artillery Gunner 13/12
250,000 Cash
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
250,000 Cash

3/30
Aerospace Drone 19/22
Fail
Secret Doc
Artillery Gunner 13/12
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
500 Valor
Aerospace Drone 19/22
Government Patrol 11/18
Government Patrol 11/18
Fail
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
Artillery Gunner 13/12

--------

Cargo Box Event
4/10 started around 9am
Plane Part
Plane Part
Fail
Fail
Plane Part
Reward - Siege Drone 15/11
Plane Part
Fail
Fail
Fail

4/11
Fail
Fail
Fail
Squadron Leader 12/22
Riot Busters 10/18
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
500 Valor
Fail

4/12
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Plane Part
Reward - Stealth Raid Boat
250,000 Cash
Fail
500 Valor
Fail
Fail

4/13
Fail
Plane Part
Riot busters 10/18
500 Valor
Fail
Squadron Leader 12/22
Fail
Fail

4/14
Plane part
Reward onslaught bomber 49/25
1,250,000 Cash
Fail
Drone Tank 20/20
Fail
Riot busters 10/18
Plane part
Fail
Fail
Fail
250,000 Cash
Squadron Leader 12/22
250,000 Cash
Squadron Leader 12/22
Riot busters 10/18
Fail

--------
Ammo boxes
3/10
Titanium Bar
Titanium Bar
250,000 Cash
Supply Frigate 5/19
Fail
Fail
500 Valor
Fail
Military Police Truck 9/20
Fail
Titanium Bar
Reward Tech Hovercraft 15/10
Elite Brigadier 22/19
Titanium Bar
Fail
Elite Brigadier 22/19
Fail

3/11
Supply Frigate 5/19
Fail
Fail
500 Valor
Fail
Fail
Fail
Supply Frigate 5/19
Fail
Titanium Bar
Reward Sand Crawler
26/32
Fail
Fail

3/12
Fail
500 Valor
Fail
Elite Brigadier 22/19
Titanium Bar
Fail
Fail
Fail
500 Valor
1,250,000 Cash
500 Valor
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail

3/13
Fail
Fail
Fail
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
Fail
Elite Brigadier 22/19
Supply Frigate 5/19
Fail
Fail
Supply Frigate 5/19
Fail
Fail
Titanium Bar
Reward Golden Soldier 42/31

3/14
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
Supply Frigate 5/19
500 Valor
Fail
Elite Brigadier 22/19
250,000 Cash
Fail
Fail
500 Valor
Fail
Fail

3/15
Fail
Fail
Fail
Elite Brigadier 22/19
Typhoon Tiger 21/14
Fail
500 Valor
Elite Brigadier 22/19
Fail

3/16
Fail
1,250,000 Cash
Fail
Fail
Fail
Fail
Elite Brigadier 22/19
Supply Frigate 5/19
Fail
Fail
Fail

3/17
Fail
Fail
500 Valor
250,000 Cash
1,250,000 Cash
Fail
Fail
Fail

Watash
04-16-2012, 09:42 AM
I really like the events but would like them less frequently. I burn too much of my time on the events which I know is my choice but the whole concept of the events is very enticing. I wish I did not like this game so much...LOL...my wife is ready to have me committed.

L Fizzle
04-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Wow...healthy nice discussion. Thanks guys. :)

Procyon
04-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Outside of all of the other comments and my opinions about this and the other events, I do agree with SWAG; three events in about a month is too much. I enjoy them but one event/4-6 weeks is enough. And yeh, I know this would cut down on the profit spikes that Funzio sees.

@Mav:
I guess it might depend on what level you're at but I am floored that you have never gotten a grunt. Congrats on that!!!

spectra
04-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Got to 9 again. At least I'll get the special prize L Fizzle mentioned :)

Didn't buy any gold.
There is no special prize
I wrote to Funzio and they replied stating that there was a 'misscommunication' and there was never intent to give a proze for 9 parts

sheffman
04-16-2012, 10:46 AM
I have to say that I'm happy for the events to stay as they are. The first event I was stuck on 9 and spent a lot of gold trying to get the last.............never did and was gutted!!
Then decided not to spend any more gold on events and managed to get 10 on second event spending no gold!!
Did exactly the same on the third event and got 10 with 2 days to spare.

I do not believe that you should have a better chance just because you spend money........thats your choice just like it was mine.

Luke7676
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I like these events. And the timing of them is fine with me because it gives us more to do in game and on the forums. Granted they may need to be tweaked a bit, but I was happy with the cargo box event. Made it to 9 parts fairly fast and had a good chance at number 10. I can't complain. I really do appreciate the free loot funzio and the indestructible units :) although I was a bit bummed out over no bonus at 9 that was stated in the begaining. But all in all I enjoyed it. Keep them coming I say.

Corporal Denney
04-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I won't be doing any events the next time they roll around. Too much time wasted on a carrot they dangled in front of us without telling us there is only a 1 in 1000000 chance of getting it, especially after you get the first 9 soooo easily. There are better ways to get frustrated.

Maverick50727
04-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow...healthy nice discussion. Thanks guys. :)
You have a fun job, you get to sit back and get other watch others go at it . LOL. I consider WP a true ally in the game and we still go rounds at times. Wonderful thing about the forum is that you can voice your opinions (within reason/guidelines). Opinions are great things because yours can never be wrong as long as you believe it is true yourself.

enahs1
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I want the 9th prize. I bet gold spenders are very mad because they paid to get to 9 and 10 but received no prize for #9

Maverick50727
04-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Outside of all of the other comments and my opinions about this and the other events, I do agree with SWAG; three events in about a month is too much. I enjoy them but one event/4-6 weeks is enough. And yeh, I know this would cut down on the profit spikes that Funzio sees.

@Mav:
I guess it might depend on what level you're at but I am floored that you have never gotten a grunt. Congrats on that!!!I hope it is a level thing as the people I noticed saying they got a grunt was much lower than me. Now I would be more mad a getting a grunt than not getting the 10th item. LOL I went to great efforts in the recent past to reduce my ally counts wisely and I am adding them back in a controlled manner to see how things are affected.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
I can't believe 11 people like the event the way it is...

big perm
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
funzio reps=11 votes

MaverickMunkey
04-16-2012, 02:31 PM

As I said earlier - probably those people who have managed to get to 10 in all three events!

Personally I think it needs to be tweaked as on average I have only missed 4-5 openings a day for the period of all three events - and that is because I have to sleep sometime!

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 02:33 PM

i voted for that option. I do believe it too. Free indestructible units and something extra to do for some extra fun. Funzio don't NEED to give events. but we have the opportunity for more indestructible units(: WHY NOT?!

War Priest
04-16-2012, 02:40 PM
i voted for that option. I do believe it too. Free indestructible units and something extra to do for some extra fun. Funzio don't NEED to give events. but we have the opportunity for more indestructible units(: WHY NOT?!

It isn't about the units to me, it's about the bonus. Most people care about the units, well, because they don't have much of them, and there free. I can easily go buy a unit with similar stats, but I can't buy the bonus.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 02:49 PM
It isn't about the units to me, it's about the bonus. Most people care about the units, well, because they don't have much of them, and there free. I can easily go buy a unit with similar stats, but I can't buy the bonus.

well you have to realize what you're saying. its a BONUS, not a buyable thing. You chance to the very top in the allotted time. If you get 10, you get a BONUS. the chances of this are WAY higher then gambling in casinos. ESPECIALLY slot machines, which what the event precisely IS.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 02:51 PM
well you have to realize what you're saying. its a BONUS, not a buyable thing. You chance to the very top in the allotted time. If you get 10, you get a BONUS. the chances of this are WAY higher then gambling in casinos. ESPECIALLY slot machines, which what the event precisely IS.

And that is why I, and others think they need to take the "gambling" out. We can still have this event without gambling away gold. That can be done buy having goal items drop at set opens.

I play MW as a form of entertainment. Not to waste my money. If I wanted to gamble away my money, I would play slot machines instead. The game would almost be identical if they would have set drops rather than random drops. The only difference is, gold buyers could actually achieve getting to ten after so much gold is spent.

-->FISH<--
04-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Funzio don't NEED to give events.

I disagree they have to have them or the game would become static and they would lose many of the fringe players. Most of the people in the forum have learned many intricacies to the game, the normal downloader wouldn't invest the time or the research. People use this as an escape and for fun but, don't want to become a MW nerd. I started playing in Oct (maybe Nov) and thought my strategy was fundamental but, this place has enlightened me to the deeper side of the game. I have stopped playing COD Black ops and MW3 and play this game exclusively. I do invest a huge amount of my time (free and company paid for) and would like to see things work out better.

The three events I have been apart of were deflating in the end. All three events I sat on 9 for 2 plus days and haven't received the 10th in any of them. I play every hour and then some.(ha ha) As an insane (in training) MW Nerd I wake up through out the night to play also. Just want a fair result for the time I put in.

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Dreno, I have to say that in this case, you just don't get it. We are talking about spending hundreds or thousands of real dollars chasing a prize that may not even exist. You simply don't have enough experience actually playing the game to understand the incredible frustration. Yes, for my LLP, the units are cool, but for my HLP, the bonus is the real goal. No unit I can buy will upgrade my buildings faster. That is worth real money to me. Go out and attack a couple thousand players, raid a couple thousand buildings, and run a couple thousand missions before you decide how worthwhile our opinions are, please?

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 03:22 PM
The bonus isn't a guarantee, and shouldn't be. It's just an extra. It IS a gamble and should remain that way. It's your choice to use gold or not. I HAVE participated in events through CC a lot on my old account, i know how the event plays out.

I truly am sorry you did not receive the 10 2 events ago war priest, that sucks on how much you spent. The events are given just as an extra fun thing to do and keeps thing alive(: As always, they give the option to spend gold b/c they are a business. But since it is an extra and the thrill is the gambling and not knowing, it is stupid of them to give you certain opens they ensure 1 of the 10. Gambling is gambling, its not something required to be participated in, just something extra added in case you want to.

Don't say I don't know about this topic b/c i am a LLP, CC events work the EXACT SAME as MW events, I know my chances (which aren't pretty) and when I participated and got to 7, i was MORE than pleased. Those who spend gold ensure to open the box, but can NEVER ensure to open the RIGHT box.

Sorry you disagree, but I can almost guarantee Funzio won't change that factor of the events, its not the way the events (gambling) works.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
The bonus isn't a guarantee, and shouldn't be. It's just an extra. It IS a gamble and should remain that way. It's your choice to use gold or not. I HAVE participated in events through CC a lot on my old account, i know how the event plays out.

I truly am sorry you did not receive the 10 2 events ago war priest, that sucks on how much you spent. The events are given just as an extra fun thing to do and keeps thing alive(: As always, they give the option to spend gold b/c they are a business. But since it is an extra and the thrill is the gambling and not knowing, it is stupid of them to give you certain opens they ensure 1 of the 10. Gambling is gambling, its not something required to be participated in, just something extra added in case you want to.

Don't say I don't know about this topic b/c i am a LLP, CC events work the EXACT SAME as MW events, I know my chances (which aren't pretty) and when I participated and got to 7, i was MORE than pleased. Those who spend gold ensure to open the box, but can NEVER ensure to open the RIGHT box.

Sorry you disagree, but I can almost guarantee Funzio won't change that factor of the events, its not the way the events (gambling) works.

Well that is your opinion, and I have mine... But like JP said, until you spend 200 dollars on just an event alone, don't try give us your speech. You would feel the same if you were in our shoes. Every single one of you...

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Amen to that, sir!

JMC
04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Most of us will never be in your shoes, because most people would never spend that kind of money on a game. Especially not on a normally free IOS game with prices as high as this one has.

Not sure if you put more money forth this event, but to those people who continue to throw away their money at these events, event after event, then come crying about it. It's no ones fault but their own. The drop rate really hasn't changed that much or even at all between events. Open rates have been weird, but that has nothing to do with someone doing gold opens. This is the third event and everyone should be well aware of how they work and have a pretty good idea of the odds for getting parts.

I understand how you guys would feel if you spent that much money. I understand why you'd want gold units and the event bonuses. But i don't understand why you'd actually throw out that much cash to do it.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Well that is your opinion, and I have mine... But like JP said, until you spend 200 dollars on just an event alone, don't try give us your speech. You would feel the same if you were in our shoes. Every single on of you...

Of course we have your opinions, i gave mine then all of the sudden you guys attacked it saying I was wrong and, in a way, ignorant.

No, I have spent gold on an event, and never will. Why? Because, unlike you guys, KNEW my chances and how the would decrease DRAMATICALLY neat the end (8 - 9 - 10) so i started guessing on a calculator to give an estimation.

I had opened around 35 lockboxes to get to 7 diamonds. That took about 4.5 days of the event. I used medium every time (once accidentally clicked FREE b/c it froze and i pressed twice, lol)

I never got one again and knew that would probably happen. I knew that gold OPENED boxes, but didnt increase any chance of getting another diamond.

Guys, all I'm saying is that the bonus isn't something that you should set into your mind as achievable, set it in you mind as a lucky advantage IF you get lucky opens.

YOU made the mistake in that amount of gold you spent when you should have just used that gold for something else. At least you know now not to spend all that gold in a gamble. This was the design of the events for a reason. The bonuses are an almost unfair advantage, heelll no they won't make it a guarantee no matter the gold spent. That's why it's a bonus(:

Not trying to argue, just trying to open your minds to their way of thinking and how to rethink your next event strategy.

EDIT: Thanks JMC, i feel alone trying to explain the events mechanics as a gamble

EnjoyLife
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
I am finished with the events for a little bit, unless they remove the grunts, or allow us to delete grunts. I got way too many last event...

JMC
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
I am finished with the events for a little bit, unless they remove the grunts, or allow us to delete grunts. I got way too many last event...

Level up to 81+. No grunts.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 03:50 PM

lol after all the bickering of grunts, you quietly just throw this in here now. haha

JMC
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Actually said it like 5-7 other times throughout all 3 events.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Actually said it like 5-7 other times throughout all 3 events.

oh ok, each event inflates the amount of threads and post by thousands of numbers lol. hard to catch it b/c NOBODY else seems to know lol

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
You say we all have our opinions, and then proceed to explain why mine is so wrong. I am not attacking YOU, I am saying that you don't understand where I am coming from. YOU are the one attacking, all smug and condescending, and explaining why we shouldn't complain.

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I just read your post again, and you also told us how we should be spending our gold, now and in the future. How very arrogant of you. Thanks. (*sarcasm*)

War Priest
04-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Nor have I attacked you. You sit there and still try to explain your thoughts after we tell you how what we feel is different from what you feel. What your saying is YOUR opinion, and I had stated mine.

EnjoyLife
04-16-2012, 04:36 PM

I'm knocking on level 60, so it will be a while.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 04:39 PM
I didnt tell you how to spend your gold. I said you now at least know to rethink your event strategy. I'm sure you've thought about what you could maybe do differently, who doesn't?

And yes, I AM saying stop complaining. You knew what the chances were before spending any of that gold, yet gambled it anyways. You can't put the blame on them for your decision. I do feel really bad you got it after the spent gold. I can only imagine how it feels b/c i'm not in your shoes. Just saying it's not fair to be mad at Funzio for this.

We shouldn't argue over this. It's unnecessary. Not gonna make you feel like I'm attacking you anymore. Sorry, guys.

On a side note: I recently read this thread and found out no more money buildings after 60???? :( :( THIS is something Funzio should change I think, lol

bigflan
04-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Events are okay but the timing of them has to be good for everyone and the space between each event should be 1 month I can't stand these events every two weeks just hard and ridiculouse

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 04:47 PM
So you can get in one last dig insulting my intelligence, then say we shouldn't argue? Every post you make is making it worse, so I am done. You can reply to this one and get in the last word, don't worry, I won't reply. You win.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
So you can get in one last dig insulting my intelligence, then say we shouldn't argue? Every post you make is making it worse, so I am done. You can reply to this one and get in the last word, don't worry, I won't reply. You win.

not insulting your intelligence, its you whose taking it that way. I don't like to insult/judge to people. It would make me feel bad. Already kind of do b/c you feel that way.

MaverickMunkey
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Well that is your opinion, and I have mine... But like JP said, until you spend 200 dollars on just an event alone, don't try give us your speech. You would feel the same if you were in our shoes. Every single one of you...

Completely agree WP - did it on the first event.

Colonelbob
04-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Instead of it being a random drop, they should set it to a set drop, but leave the open rates random still.

Ex:
Open 2: plane part
Open 9: plane part
Open 76: 10th plane part

Something like that would be so much better. I agree, a set drop system would certainly encourage me to purchase gold to get there.

LeBarticus
04-17-2012, 12:12 AM
I like the events, I just think you should be awarded for your effort -let's say you open 15 or more a day. It shouldn't be impossible to reach 10 if you aren't using gold. You know?

For me, I had to buy gold a couple events ago when they offered 20% less upgrade time. It was also a sale so I busted out my wallet. I think it was worth it, because I like the game and i think funzio deserves some money for it, just not ALL of my money ;)

But if I DIDN'T earn the 10 documents I would have been ( and probably would still be) pissed.