PDA

View Full Version : New Players Alert

Bala82
04-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I started playing this game 2 days ago and after first day i thinking of quieting because i found it too complicated so i found this forum and look at best of best and i think to myself how do you guys understand this game ?

I just want some advice as noob in this game since guides kind of went over my head.

Level 8 Tycoon
My Hood
2 Guard towers (Level 2) - Do these protect you from getting rob ?
1 Laundromat (Level 4)
1 Gas station (Level 2)
1 Pizza Parlor (Level 3)
1 Deli ( level 3)
1 Diner (Level 1)
1 House (Level 1)

I am full up and i don't see any point in expanding my hood at this stage

I done finish Level 2 Canal Street & Eastside
Currently working on The Waterfront

How am i doing ?

Can you get Gold without paying for it in this game ?

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 11:11 AM
You insult the hard work of others and then ask for help?

Bala82
04-15-2012, 11:12 AM
I was trying to be funny sorry if my sense of humour is dry :(

I edited it be more respectful :)

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 11:22 AM
....Can I see you in my office, please?

Bala82
04-15-2012, 11:25 AM
For advice ?

Olly1
04-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds more like for sex to me.....

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 11:26 AM
For advice ?

For this - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15506-The-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

Just read it....................read it..............JUST DO IT! :P

sez
04-15-2012, 11:37 AM
For advice ?

No, because you're Fcking Fired!

Mastermind
04-15-2012, 11:37 AM
First reread Tramps work. It took me a couple of go throughs before I realized how good it really is. Secondly, stop all pve storyline. Some people do like following the story but IMO it does nothing to help your game.

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 11:39 AM
No, because you're Fcking Fired!

Did we just become best friends?

Bala82
04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
First reread Tramps work. It took me a couple of go throughs before I realized how good it really is. Secondly, stop all pve storyline. Some people do like following the story but IMO it does nothing to help your game.

Yeah thank you i just wanted know whether i was off to a good start or bad before i get myself stuck. The guide is written by players who understand the game for new players it's hard to understand because some terms we don't know what they are

eg PVP

As for stamp guide the only one i understood payout one, the other one makes no sense because quote of building i don't see on my menus?

eka6484
04-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Poor bloke he was only asking for some advice! It is a very difficult game to understand sometimes

sez
04-15-2012, 11:57 AM

Yup! Wanna go do karate in the garage?

NotsoFunzio
04-15-2012, 11:59 AM

http://www.lol-email.com/emailimages/GayJiuJitsu.jpg

sez
04-15-2012, 12:02 PM

http://www.lol-email.com/emailimages/GayJiuJitsu.jpg

On my phone so I can't post pics but were talking about the movie Step Brothers. Your fascination with man love is concerning........lol

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Now this is the chuckle I've been looking for!

Bala82
04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Poor bloke he was only asking for some advice! It is a very difficult game to understand sometimes

Thank you mate this first time i am playing something like this. I much prefer storm 8 game it's less complicated to play.:)

I have crap smartphone that can't handle this game every time i try bank my money it crashes:mad:

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 12:20 PM

Hahahahahahah...... Hey Derek, sprechen ze ****!

sez
04-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Hahahahahahah...... Hey Derek, sprechen ze ****!

Hey Derek, know what's good for shoulder pain?

NotsoFunzio
04-15-2012, 12:30 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkNgIuFsooqEDyQJkiqFNa43psheL6f EJ2uWdCct-cOChIeb9k

Sez PM mnju_03 Playa.................. Stop hitting on dudes in the forum :p

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 12:31 PM

If you lick my butthole..

NotsoFunzio
04-15-2012, 12:35 PM
If you lick my butthole..

Hahahaha Sez http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKhu8bo59bbj0isaSWv9X2naWL6bHw7 O2kzvI_dQxt_zcM0L3oqA

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah thank you i just wanted know whether i was off to a good start or bad before i get myself stuck.

As of now, bad start. A few main points/tips you should know.

1) ALWYAS BE UPGRADING a building
2) Storyline gives you biggest disadvantage in game
3) You can have 2 of Each money building
4) You can have 50 of Each defense building (these aren't much worth it until gatling gun which is unlocked at lvl 47)
5) A low mafia number helps keep your rival list smaller around your level (i know, I am a level 7 right behind you)
6) Economy should be focused on first to put you in a big advantage later in game (goals, PvP, and PvE are not necessary yet)
7) PvP = player vs. player (rivals list)
8) PvE = player vs. environment (missions on map like waterfront, etc.)

Hope this helps, good luck man. Invite me (code in signature)

Caleb
04-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Level 8 Tycoon
My Hood
1 Laundromat (Level 4)
1 Gas station (Level 2)
1 Pizza Parlor (Level 3)
1 Deli ( level 3)
1 Diner (Level 1)
1 House (Level 1)

Welcome to the forums Bala -

Edit: Just saw that Dreno already said most of what I'm saying, but it bears repeating... ;)

Always, at all times, constantly, keep upgrading your buildings! You can get 2 of each money building, so start planning to buy more. Start with a second Laundromat. Find the Crime City iOS Money Buildings spreadsheet in the Best of the Best list, print it out, and refer to it often. When your hood is full and there are more buildings available to you to build, consider expanding. Also consider selling your guard towers and putting buildings in their place. The towers are only giving you about 9 real defense. Start with a small mafia and expand them slowly as you can supply them with decent weapons. You can only use 5 per level, up-to 500 at level 100, so there's no need for more than 40 mafia at level 8.

Now, go back to the Best of the Best thread and re-read the guides that specifically make suggestions for starting out and planning for the later game.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah thank you i just wanted know whether i was off to a good start or bad before i get myself stuck. The guide is written by players who understand the game for new players it's hard to understand because some terms we don't know what they are

eg PVP

As for stamp guide the only one i understood payout one, the other one makes no sense because quote of building i don't see on my menus?

Sorry there, follow Dreno's advice. Hes giving you solid advice. And welcome too.

Bala82
04-15-2012, 01:01 PM
As of now, bad start. A few main points/tips you should know.

1) ALWYAS BE UPGRADING a building
2) Storyline gives you biggest disadvantage in game
3) You can have 2 of Each money building
4) You can have 50 of Each defense building (these aren't much worth it until gatling gun which is unlocked at lvl 47)
5) A low mafia number helps keep your rival list smaller around your level (i know, I am a level 7 right behind you)
6) Economy should be focused on first to put you in a big advantage later in game (goals, PvP, and PvE are not necessary yet)
7) PvP = player vs. player (rivals list)
8) PvE = player vs. environment (missions on map like waterfront, etc.)

Hope this helps, good luck man. Invite me (code in signature)

Thank this was what i was looking numbered points. Thank you great sir much appreciated now off to upgrade my buildings and get rid of my defence building i thought protect me from getting robbed. :)

Sorry if i came off lazy but those guide were giving me a headache i spend good half an hour reading before posting this topic i even joined so i could post :)

NotsoFunzio
04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I started playing this game 2 days ago and after first day i thinking of quieting because i found it too complicated so i found this forum and look at best of best and i think to myself how do you guys understand this game ?

I just want some advice as noob in this game since guides kind of went over my head.

Level 8 Tycoon
My Hood
1 Laundromat (Level 4)
1 Gas station (Level 2)
1 Pizza Parlor (Level 3)
1 Deli ( level 3)
1 Diner (Level 1)
1 House (Level 1)

I done finish Level 2 Canal Street & Eastside
Currently working on The Waterfront

How am i doing ?

Can you get Gold without paying for it in this game ?

Farm m4 a1s..................

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Where are you from, buddy? :)

NotsoFunzio
04-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Where are you from, buddy? :)

Whos Buddy?.......... Never seen that guy before. He one of the new guys?

Bala82
04-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Well i read the guides and now have a better understanding but it took me a while understand type A building vs Type b building and how A is better than B but confusion is that there are quite a lot Type A building and each one is different. I understand Laundry one is best and you should upgrade it as much as possible because of frequency on payout but impossible to always collect it every 5 minutes. Economics of this game are tricky because it's human nature purchase the the one with high income but not take into account which one pays you more often.

I notice you get notification who attacks you and robs you but you don't get notification if someone enters your hood if your on-line ? This seems odd i would like to know how many people visit my hood but no information of this.

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Well i read the guides and now have a better understanding but it took me a while understand type A building vs Type b building and how A is better than B but confusion is that there are quite a lot Type A building and each one is different. I understand Laundry one is best and you should upgrade it as much as possible because of frequency on payout but impossible to always collect it every 5 minutes. Economics of this game are tricky because it's human nature purchase the the one with high income but not take into account which one pays you more often.

I notice you get notification who attacks you and robs you but you don't get notification if someone enters your hood if
your on-line ? This seems odd i would like to know how many people visit my hood but no information of this.

You're catching on fast! Nice job. It would be quite interesting to know who and how many vistitors our hoods have.

frenda
04-16-2012, 08:36 AM

that's the second time this morning i've seen you post that. do you need a friend? awww, i think someone needs a hug too. the jiu jitsu thing was funny though.

Bala, read, learn, and be polite. the cool thing about this place is most are very helpful. and the game allows you to play in many different ways and still succeed. you're only level 8, you can recover from any mistakes you've made, if any. i was level 50+ on Modern War before finding the forum and realizing i had started totally wrong. i've camped a bunch and have recovered to the point where i'm not getting my butt kicked every night. :)

Bala82
04-16-2012, 08:38 AM
It would be quite interesting to know who and how many vistitors our hoods have.

I suppose the problem with that would be people who farm them-why should a player get targeted if they visited a player hood and only look around. The good thing is you can see which buildings other players have compare it to your hood. :)

frenda
04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
yeah, total number would be cool. then again, this place would turn it into some popularity contest, lol.

"ooh, i was visited 1300 times yesterday, i'm better than you!!!" i can just see it now. :)

Nicolette
04-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Welcome!

The forums are a great place to check for all sorts of strategy, as the others have said. Our players are quite amazing! XD

Thank you mate this first time i am playing something like this. I much prefer storm 8 game it's less complicated to play.:)

I have crap smartphone that can't handle this game every time i try bank my money it crashes:mad:

Sorry about that =/ We've been working on some things, so hopefully this will be fixed Soon.

frenda
04-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Welcome!

The forums are a great place to check for all sorts of strategy, as the others have said. Our players are quite amazing! XD

Sorry about that =/ We've been working on some things, so hopefully this will be fixed Soon.

Nicolette? Wow, another Funzio employee trying to make things better. I'm impressed. Welcome to the forum. Stay in the shallow end for a while, you'll soon learn who the sharks are and can then venture into the deep end. ;)

Bala82
04-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know whether T-shirt stand is type A or B building because i can't seem to find it on the list ?

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Blue font = employee? I'm confused.

frenda
04-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Blue font = employee? I'm confused.

Yes, and the fact that she said they're looking into it.

Caleb
04-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know whether T-shirt stand is type A or B building because i can't seem to find it on the list ?

Buildings available under level 8, including Mafia unlocks, are Type A. All others are Type B.

T-Shirt Stand unlocks at level 9 making it a Type B.

Bala82
04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Thank you :)

frenda
04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I never knew the official definition, although I know it's not an official term since I think Tramp made it up to describe the two different types of buildings. See, I learned something new today. Woohoo! ;)

Paulio
04-16-2012, 10:50 AM
@Bala, Dreno gave you fantastic advice - I suggest you follow it. Personally, I didn't discover the forums until lvl 50-something. By that time, I was getting my butt kicked on a regular basis and couldn't find many rivals that I could successfully attack to complete Thug Life, Championship Rounds and Hardcore Hitman goals. My single biggest mistake was playing the maps (PvE) - it levels you up way too fast. My other mistake, which was due to my focus on PvE, was using my skill points on Energy instead of Stamina. Skill points are gathered quicker early on, so I recommend using them on Stamina, since you need Stamina to rob and attack. You'll see how useful this is once you are focusing on Thug Life goals later on.

The best advice I can give you is this: Be patient and focus on your economy.

Bala82
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Well money isn't a problem for me as i generating a lot income compared to most other people. Looking at some other players they 3 or 4 money building and rest of it vacant. I am using the income to upgrade as many building as possible but trying figure out a way so i can get all building to pay at the same time or within couple of minutes of each other. It proving a challenge.

Dravak
04-16-2012, 12:01 PM
PvP is player versus player , No in crime city you dont have to play with gold . unlike storm 8 who forces you to spend money asap , you can decide when you want to spent in CC .

I tried it too , but they really push you to spent asap storm 8 , there is tapjoy for gold if you want free CC gold .

Bala82
04-16-2012, 12:05 PM
PvP is player versus player , No in crime city you dont have to play with gold . unlike storm 8 who forces you to spend money asap , you can decide when you want to spent in CC .

I tried it too , but they really push you to spent asap storm 8 , there is tapjoy for gold if you want free CC gold .

What is a tap joy ?

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
It's like a marketing tool, it shows programs you can install on your device and it has offers.
Like if you download a new game and install/run it, you'll get anywhere from 1 gold bar to 4 if you're lucky.
They even offer pay apps like.. Buy a new picture app for 4.99 and get 9 gold bars...

I did the Netflix offer and got a bunch of gold for that. I was going to sign up anyways so why not?
It's fun, it's free. It just takes a lot of time and effort for a very small reward.

Bala82
04-16-2012, 12:12 PM
It's avaliable on android but review say it's a rip off ?

frenda
04-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Free gold. And of course it's a ripoff, why else would they give you free gold? My junkmail tripled after signing up for Tapjoy, but the free gold is still nice.

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
It's avaliable on android but review say it's a rip off ?

It's not, just someone bitter and of low intelligence said that.
It can be installed on your device and within it it shows you the offers and links you to them.
It's basically advertised driven... It shares the non financial information back to other companies..
Only things that would or could cost money are the apps you choose to buy, make sense?

Oh like f says junkmail... Yea I forgot that. That's just expected, I'd set up another email... Like a hotmail that doesn't matter. See how it can be time consuming for little rewards?

frenda
04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Well money isn't a problem for me as i generating a lot income compared to most other people. Looking at some other players they 3 or 4 money building and rest of it vacant. I am using the income to upgrade as many building as possible but trying figure out a way so i can get all building to pay at the same time or within couple of minutes of each other. It proving a challenge.

That's the Funzio Conundrum:

If you don't collect, you get robbed.

To not get robbed, you have to either collect constantly or synch your collection times.

In order to grow stronger, you have to upgrade and build.

Upgrading and building screws up your synched collection times.

Hence, you get robbed. Start at the top of the list...

Bala82
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
That's the Funzio Conundrum:

If you don't collect, you get robbed.

To not get robbed, you have to either collect constantly or synch your collection times.

In order to grow stronger, you have to upgrade and build.

Upgrading and building screws up your synched collection times.

Hence, you get robbed. Start at the top of the list...

I seem to only get robbed when i am sleeping during the day no one bothers to rob me but i do agree upgrade seriously mess up the sync time today i managed 5 of my building pay me by 1pm it was great seeing them pop up one after another i got really excited. Than same thing happen at 5pm.

I appreciate all the advice but look at range building i can get as i level up are crazy.

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
I seem to only get robbed when i am sleeping during the day no one bothers to rob me but i do agree upgrade seriously mess up the sync time today i managed 5 of my building pay me by 1pm it was great seeing them pop up one after another i got really excited. Than same thing happen at 5pm.

I appreciate all the advice but look at range building i can get as i level up are crazy.

See how easily we get addicted? We want to win! Muahahaha lol

frenda
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
The only ones robbing you will be those at your level. Build slowly and get a good base, it will serve you well in the future. Once you start making more, no one bothers with the lower level buildings unless they're just desperate. I dumped most of those buildings once my economy hit its stride.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 12:31 PM
The only ones robbing you will be those at your level. Build slowly and get a good base, it will serve you well in the future. Once you start making more, no one bothers with the lower level buildings unless they're just desperate. I dumped most of those buildings once my economy hit its stride.

lol you said "base" i have to watch myself in making these errors haha. i post on MW more but play CC more

Bala82
04-16-2012, 12:32 PM
See how easily we get addicted? We want to win! Muahahaha lol

Getting addicted but it's hell on my phone charger LOL

mnju_03
04-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Getting addicted but it's hell on my phone charger LOL

Omg I know! Lol I'm always plugged in to my laptop. Lol
Suuuuch a nerd.

Bala82
04-17-2012, 12:03 AM
I think of replacing my Gas station but can't decided what to replace it with so i am just leave it. it's taking a section of my hood. Also i seen other hood where players have turn the building sideways can't figure out how they do that ?

Bala82
04-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I have reached level 10 and stick at that level for a while.

I can't believe how much i have progressed in 5 days :)

Main reason i like level 10 i can buy smoke bomb as defence :) , Tommy gun great for respect points i gotten

Working on getting Italian restaurant need 15 mafia members :)

Loft might take me a month to get

Great advice guys - thanks for all the help and keep on posting i am learning a lot.

I will posting weekly update on this topic when i can so if i doing something wrong you guys can let me know :)

Santa
04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
At your level you should be putting ALL money back into your economy. Even a my level, defense explosives are out of reach. Focus on economy first. Stats will come later.

Dreno33
04-17-2012, 02:19 PM
1) Main reason i like level 10 i can buy smoke bomb as defence :)
2) Tommy gun great for respect points i gotten
3) Working on getting Italian restaurant need 15 mafia members :)
4) Loft might take me a month to get
5) Great advice guys - thanks for all the help and keep on posting i am learning a lot.

1) Don't buy explosives yet. waste of money at your income and level (i promise, trust me)
2) SAVE your respect points. Very wise to buy higher-end valor weapons b/c the ones you buy now will be replaced eventually. Valor points are harder to come by.
3) Italian Restaurants are a definite must. I have 2, at lvl 6. GREAT INCOME. but with income/hour lower than 10k can be kinda expensive upgrades. Make sure to buy 1 and level it to 2 BEFORE buying second one. You will save money and time. (personal exp and ROI)
4) Get Movie Theaters to level 4 BEFORE buying any lofts. Quickest way to save money and time.
5) You're very welcome(: Hit me up with PM if you need anything else, LLP strategy is my (only) specialty/strategy. haha

frenda
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I have reached level 10 and stick at that level for a while.

I can't believe how much i have progressed in 5 days :)

Main reason i like level 10 i can buy smoke bomb as defence :) , Tommy gun great for respect points i gotten

Working on getting Italian restaurant need 15 mafia members :)

Loft might take me a month to get

Great advice guys - thanks for all the help and keep on posting i am learning a lot.

I will posting weekly update on this topic when i can so if i doing something wrong you guys can let me know :)

Okay, consider this mentoring and not beating you up. Noob mistake 1, making declarative statements like the one about buying explosives. And I don't think any of us are buying Tommy Guns with RP. Read, learn, and ask questions. If you think you have it figured out by level 10, that's a big warning sign for you. There are people here who are in the mid to upper 100s. I'm level 89 and I feel like a noob compared to them. So enjoy the game, don't worry about the end strategy just yet, but also keep an open mind because you will learn something new every time you come here. But mostly remember IT'S A GAME!

Mcdoc
04-18-2012, 01:06 AM
I love my guard shacks. They serve 2 purpose:

1) Help me hide money buildings - a little bit of camo.
2) Boost Defense: I upgrade one every time I log on - so most of them are level 5. Takes ONE minute to build, 4 minutes to upgrade to level 2 and one hour to level 3. My defense is over 7000.

Anyway - there is no right or wrong way - there is just the way that helps you enjoy playing the game :)

Dreno33
04-18-2012, 01:15 AM
I love my guard shacks. They serve 2 purpose:

1) Help me hide money buildings - a little bit of camo.
2) Boost Defense: I upgrade one every time I log on - so most of them are level 5. Takes ONE minute to build, 4 minutes to upgrade to level 2 and one hour to level 3. My defense is over 7000.

Anyway - there is no right or wrong way - there is just the way that helps you enjoy playing the game :)

Do you know the formulae for how def buildings really do help your defense?

Just in case, here it is (after every "+" symbols represents the next upgrade)

BASE (lvl 1) + 1/2 Base +1/2 Base, etc etc.

Let's take your Guard tower for example.

BASE is 3 + 1.5 +1.5 +1.5 +1.5 = 9

A Guard Tower (level 5) actually only give you a TRUE (non-inflated) defense of 9. Not the number shown on your guard tower.

Hope that helps,
Dreno33(:

Bala82
04-18-2012, 01:29 AM
1) Don't buy explosives yet. waste of money at your income and level (i promise, trust me)
2) SAVE your respect points. Very wise to buy higher-end valor weapons b/c the ones you buy now will be replaced eventually. Valor points are harder to come by.
3) Italian Restaurants are a definite must. I have 2, at lvl 6. GREAT INCOME. but with income/hour lower than 10k can be kinda expensive upgrades. Make sure to buy 1 and level it to 2 BEFORE buying second one. You will save money and time. (personal exp and ROI)
4) Get Movie Theaters to level 4 BEFORE buying any lofts. Quickest way to save money and time.
5) You're very welcome(: Hit me up with PM if you need anything else, LLP strategy is my (only) specialty/strategy. haha

What do you mean by valor weapons or Valor points?