PDA

View Full Version : What units should I buy?!

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm level 20 with 405 attack and 481 defence, with 150+ allies and I'm constantly getting attacked and always loosing to my rivals, what units orbuildings should I be buying? Need some tips ASAP!!! Thanks.

bigflan
04-15-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm level 20 with 405 attack and 481 defence, with 150+ allies and I'm constantly getting attacked and always loosing to my rivals, what units orbuildings should I be buying? Need some tips ASAP!!! Thanks.Weed need to know your country and we can help you to the fullest extent

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Weed need to know your country and we can help you to the fullest extentMy country is UK.

bigflan
04-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Okay then first upgrade your shipyard buy some sea scouts and medics to build your defense and fend off rivals and then cut your leveling up to 0 then build money buildings and then upgrade them and after a few upgrades upgrade some more unit building and you might want to get the cement factory

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 10:26 AM
What level should I upgrade my shipyard to? And when you say cut my levelling to 0 does that mean stop levelling up? Also, what money buildings do you recommend ? Thanks.

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 10:27 AM
You have a very weak defense for that level and ally count. I had at least 1500 defense with only 20 allies. There are a number of threads with this type of problem - cheapest solution generally to drop ally count if you are not on their newsfeed, and beef up your defense units like medic, transport, etc. Transport will give you 10% boost if you are UK. Medic you need level 5 ground.

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 10:30 AM
You have a very weak defense for that level and ally count. I had at least 1500 defense with only 20 allies. There are a number of threads with this type of problem - cheapest solution generally to drop ally count if you are not on their newsfeed, and beef up your defense units like medic, transport, etc.So remove some allies your saying? How many do you recommend I have?

el_gringo
04-15-2012, 10:40 AM
So remove some allies your saying? How many do you recommend I have?

Definately below fifty. I'd go with thirty, if you can.

You will have a few allies you can not remove - on here we call them 'grunts' - you get them for completing each level a third (i think) time, find them in event boxes or buy them for seventeen gold (if you are daft enough!). You probably have about 5 at your level, maybe more, maybe less. I'd recommend you also have 25 'real life' allies as well, as you can pick up 1000 cash for visiting up to 25 allies bases a day - a free 25k a day ain't to be sniffed at at level 20!

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 10:42 AM
If it's just a few guys constantly attacking you, then look at their ally count and see if you can drop 10-20% below them to drop off their radar.

But if it's everyone, just keep dropping allies and increasing your defense until your defense stat is significantly above the average attacking stats on your rivals list. I would say you need at least 1000 defense, and you rivals list to have not more attack than this. At level 20 max allies is 5x20=100, so u got way too much allies.

Frigates are also a good A/D combo for 34k if you can afford them and you are UK. Also your economy should be at least 40k to support this army, I.e., ATT 750+, defense 1000+ and economy 40k+

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Ok thanks, I will drop my allies now. What money buildings do you guys recommend?

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Search for the base planner spreadsheet thread, which calculates the optimum money unit and upgrade path. The only thing it doesn't take into account is whether you prefer a high number or low number of collections per day, so you need to decide accordingly.

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Search for the base planner spreadsheet thread, which calculates the optimum money unit and upgrade path. The only thing it doesn't take into account is whether you prefer a high number or low number of collections per day, so you need to decide accordingly.
Can you suggest a area for me to use up my energy points? A place which provides good units as loot every time?

bigflan
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Can any1 suggest a area for me to use up my energy points? A place which provides good units as loot every time?Docks amphibiouse squad leader

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Docks amphibiouse squad leaderI'm only level 20 and have low cash, is this still good for me? And what are the loots?

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 11:47 AM
What happened to Dreno's noob sticky?

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 11:50 AM
What happened to Dreno's noob sticky?what's that mean?

Poopenshire
04-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Docks amphibiouse squad leader

for the noobs you need to be more specific. map/mission/requirements.

too often us experienced players leave these things out and people end up asking the same questions over and over.

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 11:56 AM
for the noobs you need to be more specific. map/mission/requirements.

too often us experienced players leave these things out and people end up asking the same questions over and over.What do you recommend then?

Tate
04-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Check here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6ZUE&hl=en_US&f=false&noheader=false&gid=7.

Buy the ones with the best return, that you can afford. Absolutely have to increase your income and all as noted previously. Good luck

Poopenshire
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
What do you recommend then?

It would depend on your level, and your goals. one of my favs is this:
EMR Island - Map
Submarine - Secure - Mission
Requirements
Sub/Patrol Boat
132 Energy/6250-17500 cash/Mini sub (8att-6Def) Really good meat shield/19 EXP

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm only level 20 and have low cash, is this still good for me? And what are the loots?

It's on the Docks map and requires just 15 energy so it's free. But the problem is that you get 15XP which will level you up faster, and they die quickly. it's a 6A/8D unit.

I personally prefer to PvP as you also get loot, valor and cash which is a higher return. But you are not there yet.

Search is your friend...

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Well I'm level 21 with 21k income a hr. all I'm doing now is waiting for things to upgrade... Need a place to use energy but can't find anywhere. EMR island is for 28 levels

Poopenshire
04-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Well I'm level 21 with 21k income a hr. all I'm doing now is waiting for things to upgrade... Need a place to use energy but can't find anywhere. EMR island is for 28 levels
Offshore Drilling Rig - Map
Aircraft Carrier - Defeat - Mission
28 engergy x 3 hits.
1440 to 3960 cash/4 exp/ 1 of 3 different units. (always hits but all are good meat shields)
this is a common one for low level players to build up resources.

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Offshore Drilling Rig - Map
Aircraft Carrier - Defeat - Mission
28 engergy x 3 hits.
1440 to 3960 cash/4 exp/ 1 of 3 different units. (always hits but all are good meat shields)
this is a common one for low level players to build up resources.
Thanks I find this one really helpful :) one more thing, should I be using skill points on energy or what?

Poopenshire
04-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks I find this one really helpful :) one more thing, should I be using skill points on energy or what?
That's a tough one, no one is really sure which is better yet. It would depend on your long term goals.

Tate
04-15-2012, 01:58 PM
I just sent a pm with numerous links to good tactics and strategies that i spent weeks finding and reading. As mentioned, check them out, read them over (it will take some time, I know) but well worth the effort. It explains all of what has been discussed here as well as a whole lot more!Meanwhile, use the search feature as also mentioned. Good luck

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 01:59 PM
That's a tough one, no one is really sure which is better yet. It would depend on your long term goals.Well my goals are to obtain a stable income and to be able to do missions as well as being able to fight off rivals.

Tate
04-15-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-%28read-first-post%29
Last link, check here

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 02:25 PM
We're is the desert leader located? People been saying that's good to farm.

vball
04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
There are many different strategies for how to play the game. Some farm, some attack, etc.

You can farm some of the units such as a desert leader, but as you advance in levels, you will find many of these to be utterly useless as their attack/defense is simply too low to have any value. I am sitting on 800+ infantry units, 500+ ground units, 300+ air and 270+ sea units that unless something dramatically happens will never ever see combat.

I did some farming and used the mini sub, but when you calculate the increase in experience points along with the high loss rates of the mini sub, for me I find other units to be far more attractive without the exp cost.

I would suggest looking at some threads by higher level players who have been there and can give you a feel for mistakes as well as ideas that you may find valuable.

There are many aspects that will determine what you choose to do, but some of the comments are quite right, I would drop your ally count, build some solid defensive units and go from there.

Good luck.