PDA

View Full Version : Anyone also playing kingdom age?

Colonelbob
04-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I just got started this week playing around with kingdom age and I was thinking I would love to add the MW forum bunch as allies as well if they were playing . . . so, anyone playing both games?Add me, or leave your number and I will add you.

Colonelbob
04-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Sweet, added. I am Colonelbob everywhere!

-->FISH<--
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
not up here yet

Colonelbob
04-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Up here yet? I'm confused.

hydrota
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM
its in canada only, til next week, its suppose to open too U.S.

-->FISH<--
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Sorry poor choice of words..."UP" as in up on the apps page... not available here yet...

Colonelbob
04-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Lol. I see. That's too bad. Very unusual for us Canadians to get something first.

Watash
04-15-2012, 10:35 AM
What device is Kingdom Age played on. Don't see it in the APP store...I use only Apple devices

Watash
04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Never mind..saw it on Google+...can't figure out how to start the game yet...maybe it won't run on Firefox

War Priest
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Never mind..saw it on Google+...can't figure out how to start the game yet...maybe it won't run on Firefox

Just wait until the release on iOS next week.

Tate
04-15-2012, 12:41 PM
WP and CB, just sent requests to you both. Name in KA is cobraI will post here as well, but like WP, I'll need player names before adding. I already have about 20ish requests in the list.KA id 544044079

Agent Orange
04-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Been playing for a week.

Tate
04-15-2012, 12:51 PM
And he's on FIRE!!!

a41
04-15-2012, 02:08 PM
not sure what to think of kingdom age, it's weird in comparison. And the map I'm on is glitched up

Tate
04-15-2012, 02:14 PM
It's like CC in the respect of equipment but seems like MW in PVP play, IMO but I may be out to lunch since I don't play CC too much What map are you on?Lvl?

Agent Orange
04-15-2012, 07:10 PM
I've never played CC and after this last event probably won't.

KA is an interesting game, there are a lot of hidden factors in this one in terms of weapons and armour adding to the fun and making it much more interesting from a strategy standpoint.

Niteshooter is on L21 with 65 allies. Has a decent but not stellar set of attack and defence stats. Working on economy and unit building upgrades in order to buy more powerful units to increase army density. I am building and upgrading defence buildings even though they have limited usefulness.

Player 2 is on L9 with 1 ally and is playing with no economy just all out attack and has above average attack and defence stats. All income is through raiding and attacking. I kind of like this one best and I might have bought gold since this will make you much more powerful in the lower levels.

This game has a very similar rival list setup and therefore having 1 ally will allow you to fly under the radar for a little while I suspect. As with MW moving carefully and building up army density is crucial though turtling would be a mistake since it is better to find armour and weapons through battles and in the missions. The rivals list works pretty much the same as how MW's rival's list first started out so will be very familiar to those of us who were playing MW before it went wide release.

Using the vault is also critical and on day 1 I took full advantage of players who had more money than vault size but doing so quickly moves you out from where they are as you get experience points for attacking and raiding and this levels you up.

Colonelbob
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I guess the aren't a lot of players playing both games. I've added all that gave their numbers. I sure get attacked a lot in KA compared to MW. It's crazy I get hit like 100+ times a day. In MW I rarely get attacked. Different game mechanics I guess.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
I guess the aren't a lot of players playing both games. I've added all that gave their numbers. I sure get attacked a lot in KA compared to MW. It's crazy I get hit like 100+ times a day. In MW I rarely get attacked. Different game mechanics I guess.

Wait until it comes out everywhere else, you will have more of us to add. I get attacked like crazy too, but I think it is because there isn't much people playing. When it releases everywhere it should change.

Colonelbob
04-16-2012, 05:46 PM
WP What are you spending your points on? I was putting it into hero strength, but it didn't seem to do much, so I am splitting between attack and defense now.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 05:51 PM
WP What are you spending your points on? I was putting it into hero strength, but it didn't seem to do much, so I am splitting between attack and defense now.

Defense for now. I was having problems winning, now I win about 75%.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
WP, do you know for sure it comes out in US next week?

War Priest
04-16-2012, 05:59 PM
WP, do you know for sure it comes out in US next week?

No I do not.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24421-Keep-your-eyes-peeled....&p=173281#post173281

Luke7676
04-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Just wait until the release on iOS next week.

That will be a good day :) hoping it will be as fun as MW has been to me.

Colonelbob
04-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Defense for now. I was having problems winning, now I win about 75%. No kidding, my w/l ratio is brutal, it was really hard to get started, but having allies seems to really help in this game, where I found it easy to fly below the radar in MW, it wasn't really possible in KA. Right from the beginning I was getting hammered.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
No kidding, my w/l ratio is brutal, it was really hard to get started, but having allies seems to really help in this game, where I found it easy to fly below the radar in MW, it wasn't really possible in KA. Right from the beginning I was getting hammered.

Maybe I should do that. I have 27 pending right now.

Colonelbob
04-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, at least for me it allowed me to mass some units and get a decent defense score, not sure how it will work in the long run, but at least it has given me a little reprieve from the constant bashing for the past day or 2.

emcee
04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Started about a week ago on two iphones. There seems to be no bracketing at all at the moment due to the lack of players. Having 1 alliance does not protect you as well. I see people 20+ levels higher with much larger alliance. Both accounts at level 7 with abysmal stats by my standards. Lvl 8 priests does turn the tide though.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Well, at least for me it allowed me to mass some units and get a decent defense score, not sure how it will work in the long run, but at least it has given me a little reprieve from the constant bashing for the past day or 2.

Yeah, but I am pretty certain it will calm down when more get started after the full release.

Agent Orange
04-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah, but I am pretty certain it will calm down when more get started after the full release.

Exact same startbas MW. Having a single ally does take you off the radar of higher level players but it does keep you on the radar of all the other single ally players so if you make your three units as high level as possible you can have fun.

But this player is 100% attack no money buildings as all income is from attacking.

War Priest
04-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Exact same startbas MW. Having a single ally does take you off the radar of higher level players but it does keep you on the radar of all the other single ally players so if you make your three units as high level as possible you can have fun.

I am going to try that quick. My highest unit right now is 7/9.

Your base shows you have quite a lot of money buildings...

War Priest
04-16-2012, 07:24 PM
AO I don't know about you, but for me I can see rivals with 160 allies when I only had 40 some.

Colonelbob
04-17-2012, 03:59 AM
My rival list is just crazy, similar to yours WP. Most of the peeps attacking Meade way above my level and ally. Oh well just gonna focus on. Getting some good units.

Agent Orange
04-17-2012, 04:09 AM
I am going to try that quick. My highest unit right now is 7/9.

Your base shows you have quite a lot of money buildings...

Not as much as some but then I'm only working on it infrequently. Yes everyone is in the same boat so it is a kill zone for all but the most powerful since they can see you. Lower players can see higher players but higher players are having their rivals list filtered to a degree so you can hide with 1 ally for now.

If you are going to play casually then you don't want money buildings since you won't get a chance to harvest them.

Colonelbob
04-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Had a much different experience than you AO. When I was only at 1 ally, I was getting hit all of the time. Even with 0 losses of $, players would hit over and over again (perhaps doing the missions). I was hit by players seemingly way stronger than me (although I think this may have a lot to do with how they allocated their points).

My suggestion to those starting is put all those points into defense for the first while, its brutal out there :) The attacks have really gone down since I have allied up (about 25 now I think). Perhaps I am just in a "safe" bracket for a little while.

Bronson
04-17-2012, 12:30 PM
When you first start the app do you pick a country like MW?

If so what would you guys say would be the best as don wanna get stuck with Iran again lol

War Priest
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
When you first start the app do you pick a country like MW?

If so what would you guys say would be the best as don wanna get stuck with Iran again lol

No you pick a type of character. Each of the characters does it's own thing. I don't remember what they were but I picked Warrior, and it cannot be changed so decide well first.

spectra
04-17-2012, 12:44 PM
I just got started this week playing around with kingdom age and I was thinking I would love to add the MW forum bunch as allies as well if they were playing . . . so, anyone playing both games?Add me, or leave your number and I will add you.

I just sent you an invitation, my ID is 720-955-360
Cheers

spectra
04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
No you pick a type of character. Each of the characters does it's own thing. I don't remember what they were but I picked Warrior, and it cannot be changed so decide well first.
Hi WP, my ID on Kingdom is 720-955-360 (lv-35), and in MW is 793-920-194, (lv 104)
it would be great if we become allies

Cheers

Bronson
04-17-2012, 12:53 PM

Cheers Dubpea will do, hopefully AO will have a guide out before I start so it doesn't take me 50 lvls to click on lol

spectra
04-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Maybe I should do that. I have 27 pending right now.
In this game having allies makes you stronger
you are allow to have 3 units per each ally you have
for better info click on your stat then the '?' mark next to your defense number
it will open a window 'army stats' which also has a '?' for more info

Hope this is helpful

Cheers

War Priest
04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
In this game having allies makes you stronger
you are allow to have 3 units per each ally you have
for better info click on your stat then the '?' mark next to your defense number
it will open a window 'army stats' which also has a '?' for more info

Hope this is helpful

Cheers

Haha, I know buddy but thanks.

Colonelbob
04-17-2012, 01:48 PM
No you pick a type of character. Each of the characters does it's own thing. I don't remember what they were but I picked Warrior, and it cannot be changed so decide well first. Apparently there are bonuses for the characters too, but it isn't written anywhere. Mages (so I am told by some players) have a much lower cost for units than Warriors. No idea what the bonuses are for Warrior or . . . Ranger? Would be nice to see a little documentation form Funzio.

War Priest
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Apparently there are bonuses for the characters too, but it isn't written anywhere. Mages (so I am told by some players) have a much lower cost for units than Warriors. No idea what the bonuses are for Warrior or . . . Ranger? Would be nice to see a little documentation form Funzio.

I am considering starting over once the full release comes out... Don't know yet. Right now, I would be ahead of most people, but I didn't get a proper start either.

Colonelbob
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I took a totally different strategy with KA than with MW. I am going full bore with PVP, PVE, missions etc. Trying to get as big as possible as quick as possible. Going to be an interesting experiment, but it might be worth starting fresh with a second account when the full release comes and see what happens. Although, those of us who are started early might get some sweet pickings when the rest of the gang gets playing, who knows!

Corsair
04-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Just noticed that Kingdom Age is now available in the App Store. I'm in the US so I assume it is wide release.

Romaro
04-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Just installed and playing KA
@CB, AO, Tate, Spectra
I've sent invitation to be ally, please add me, thanks
My KA I'd, 258349370

Tate
04-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Just installed and playing KA@CB, AO, Tate, SpectraI've sent invitation to be ally, please add me, thanksMy KA I'd, 258349370Got it, sent to WP and Spectra as well! Welcome.

@ Bronson, the characters are warrior, Mage, rogue and maybe ranger but couldn't find any in my rivals list when i just checked,

Mcdoc
04-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Didn't someone say KA was on Tapjoy?

el_gringo
04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Didn't someone say KA was on Tapjoy?

Its not on my tapjoy (which would be a uk account if they localise them)

Jp lfs
04-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Just started playing KA, and I have to admit, it's pretty cool!

Mcdoc
04-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Can't figure out how to increase the energy in KA :/

Dreno33
04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
This sucks but. i CANNOT play. stupid thing keeps crashing when I try to open it up. Never has it ever opened yet. Reinstalled it 3 times total

LeBarticus
04-18-2012, 11:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing but I'm pretty sure it's automatic... Either with your level or missions completed, because I started out at 150 and its 160 now o.O

Sepi
04-19-2012, 01:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing but I'm pretty sure it's automatic... Either with your level or missions completed, because I started out at 150 and its 160 now o.O

I noticed that too. Nice touch and makes Skill point dedication even more interesting. :)

I´ve enjoyed Kingdom Age so far, graphics and sounds are nice (but still seeing afros in Fantasy Middle-Ages is..weird), it has somewhat more in-depth strategy than CC and MW mostly because you have to arm your troops too. Still I´m bit confused how much Attack and Defence is "good" as I´ve seen level 9 players A & D from 50 to 700 already. :D

Marc
04-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Are all units are indestructible? haven't engage in pvp apart from the start tutorial. Planning to make this KA account as LLP and making every building lvl 10 sloooowwly.

Jp lfs
04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Are all units are indestructible? haven't engage in pvp apart from the start tutorial. Planning to make this KA account as LLP and making every building lvl 10 sloooowwly.

No I lost 2 units already today.

ShawnBB
04-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Add me guys, it's in my signature. 600 income per hour so far.

I'm confused about the raiding system in KA, Im 9 atk and raided a guy with 0 defense. 5 out of 5 times fail :(

LeBarticus
04-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I noticed that too. Nice touch and makes Skill point dedication even more interesting. :)

I´ve enjoyed Kingdom Age so far, graphics and sounds are nice (but still seeing afros in Fantasy Middle-Ages is..weird), it has somewhat more in-depth strategy than CC and MW mostly because you have to arm your troops too. Still I´m bit confused how much Attack and Defence is "good" as I´ve seen level 9 players A & D from 50 to 700 already. :D

Haha I felt the same way about the Afros! I made my guy blue and gave him the elvis haircut lmao. And yeah I realized I've been leveling wayyy to quick, I'm at 8 and everyone I look at is much stronger than I am. I like the game a lot personally magic and dragons are awesome

JohnnyR
04-19-2012, 10:42 AM
MW just put up a flash screen giving a free black shark with 2% lowered casualty rates for DLing Kingdom Age and getting to lvl 3. Totally worth it!

War Priest
04-19-2012, 10:46 AM
MW just put up a flash screen giving a free black shark with 2% lowered casualty rates for DLing Kingdom Age and getting to lvl 3. Totally worth it!

What do you mean...

lanemondo
04-19-2012, 11:12 AM
you get a chopper for Modern War - for reaching level 3 in KA!!
cool as mentioned by JohnnyR - screenshot came up for me too

JohnnyR
04-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Upon opening my MW game, there was a screen that promised the Black Shark to those who downloaded and reached level three of KA. Link to download was provided. I clicked through, got to level three of KA and now have Black Shark item in my inventory that drops my casualty rate 2%.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I already have it downloaded and pasted level 3...

lanemondo
04-19-2012, 11:24 AM
The screenshot says:-

Remember to play Kingdom Age
at level 3 you'll receive
The black shark helicopter in modern war
att 30 def 24
bonus: reduces casualty rate by 2%

War Priest
04-19-2012, 11:28 AM
The screenshot says:-

Remember to play Kingdom Age
at level 3 you'll receive
The black shark helicopter in modern war
att 30 def 24

bonus: reduces casualty rate by 2%

I wonder if those stats will change when the crate one changes. It's the same unit so it should.

That's messed up. They should of did this the minute it came out. I can't get it to pop up on my screen. I deleted Kingdom Age in hopes that it would.

lanemondo
04-19-2012, 11:31 AM
I wonder if those stats will change when the crate one changes. It's the same unit so it should.

That's messed up. They should of did this the minute it came out. I can't get it to pop up on my screen. I deleted Kingdom Age in hopes that it would.

that's a good point, perhaps i should have waited for the change before I reached level 3 on KA! I don't think it will change though as it was a proper advert/screen shot confirming the stats of the chopper

Big John
04-19-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm level 5 but no chopper.

L Fizzle
04-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Any players that downloaded Kingdom Age on iOS before the xpromo will get the item. I'm not sure when....but you'll get it soon.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Is that how some players had the heli before the crates were released..?

Freekizh
04-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Is this helicopter promo still on?

celomaw
04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
add me 658 031 917

Warfiend
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM

I bet they won't. I bet the reason the stats are borked in the crates has something to do with this promo version and unforeseen complications adding the unit data, like a mixup because they have the same name.

The 2 percent decrease in casualty rate is already totally worth it. And to think I was going to wait for a gold offer through tapjoy to download it... :D

War Priest
04-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. They will probably rename the crate name if that is the case during the new patch.

Warfiend
04-19-2012, 01:57 PM

I got the offer less than an hour ago, so it should be.

Odie
04-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I got hooked in by the free MW chopper for getting to level 3 and think KA is pretty cool. It seems like the buildings go up faster but that could just be because I forget what MW was like when I started a few weeks ago

kentmoto
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Kingdom age id

538 259 541

Agent Orange
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM

That is a good question, the parameter in skills is Hero Strength which is not energy but connected to that in a way.
it appears that it increases automatically as it starts off around 130 @L2/3 and I'm at L25 with 340. It may also be automatically bumped up as you complete quests. I'm currently on Highland Pass 7 more to go before I run out at Splinterbone Canyon which is unlocked at L26.

War Priest
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I got hooked in by the free MW chopper for getting to level 3 and think KA is pretty cool. It seems like the buildings go up faster but that could just be because I forget what MW was like when I started a few weeks ago

It's about the same. Fast at the beginning then slow down over time.

Bronson
04-19-2012, 02:28 PM
I just seen a tapjoy offer for KA you get 4 gold so think I will be getting that plus the chopper so happy days

War Priest
04-19-2012, 02:30 PM
I just seen a tapjoy offer for KA you get 4 gold so think I will be getting that plus the chopper so happy days

Haha, about time. Been waiting for you guys to join.

Agent Orange
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM

Wow they really throttled that back was 18 gold a couple of weeks ago but then the choppy is kind of neat and I can't get it now.

Corsair
04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Seems to be. I got the promo pop-up this afternoon. I'd already downloaded KA but hadn't opened it yet. When I did, I got up to level 3. As soon as I went back to MW I had a pop-up telling me I got the chopper, and it is now in my inventory.

On another note, not sure if I will continue with KA. Probably not. Just not enough time to keep up with two games like that. Very similar to MW but seems more complex with the armor/weapons variation in the mix. I wonder if that is a precursor to the new PvP rank items here...

Just thought I'd add, I also just did the Tapjoy offer and it was 5 gold. Not bad considering most are 1 or 2.

dan434
04-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Just started.

903 103012

Tate
04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Any players that downloaded Kingdom Age on iOS before the xpromo will get the item. I'm not sure when....but you'll get it soon.Good news LFizzle! I was wondering if I had to get a new iPad and restart ;-) this is good news!
That is a good question, the parameter in skills is Hero Strength which is not energy but connected to that in a way. it appears that it increases automatically as it starts off around 130 @L2/3 and I'm at L25 with 340. It may also be automatically bumped up as you complete quests. I'm currently on Highland Pass 7 more to go before I run out at Splinterbone Canyon which is unlocked at L26.I'm at lvl 12, just bumped from 11 and put 2 of the 3 points towards the Hero strength and went from 180 to 210 energy. It may be a combination I suppose but I'll watch closer when I move up the next level.
I just seen a tapjoy offer for KA you get 4 gold so think I will be getting that plus the chopper so happy daysLooking forward to seeing you there Bro!!!

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Go for it, the chopper comes with a small surprise.

LeBarticus
04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
you get a chopper for Modern War - for reaching level 3 in KA!!
cool as mentioned by JohnnyR - screenshot came up for me too

Gah, is this through tapjoy? I downloaded KA without using tapjoy, dammit, is there a way to obtain it if this is the case?

MaverickMunkey
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Go for it, the chopper comes with a small surprise.

Sorry to sound stupid but I downloaded KA the first day on general release and now Lvl 10 - and I've had no pop up or chopper! Have I missed a trick here?

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Sorry to sound stupid but I downloaded KA the first day on general release and now Lvl 10 - and I've had no pop up or chopper! Have I missed a trick here?

There is a post by LFizzle that they are rolling it out to others I believe it in another thread.

LeBarticus
04-19-2012, 04:18 PM

Same here, let me know if you find out and vice versa

Poopenshire
04-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Look at post #68 in this thread.

LeBarticus
04-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks. I'll stop freaking out now :-P

Jurningham IV
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Joined at playing flat out

ID - 504-672-375

Will be over level 50 in no time

Warfiend
04-19-2012, 05:20 PM

I'm glad I didn't start before reading your post. Thanks for that heads up, I got it.

AidenCaesar
04-19-2012, 05:34 PM
234-014-914. I need allies. Haha

Texharb
04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
New player to KA - will be on alot

Please add me - 427 565 309

ashlee_gooden
04-20-2012, 12:31 PM
add me 322-921-986

Dreno33
04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
shut these code posters up. theres a damn sub forum in KA for that. this is to talk about KA, not your codes.

L Fizzle, any news on when they are releasing an update for KA? Still crashes for me when trying to open it. I have never even gotten to play yet :(

vball
04-20-2012, 12:43 PM
I am playing to take advantage of the free unit. Similar style, very confusing though for me with the different unit names.

Aidan
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
234-014-914. I need allies. Haha

Ahhh another aidan. N ancient one too...

ashlee_gooden
04-20-2012, 01:20 PM
add me 322-921-986 on all the time!

Warfiend
04-20-2012, 11:48 PM

I bet they won't.

I would have lost that bet. When I was checking my stats tonight, I noticed a bump I wasn't expecting. The Black Shark has been upped in my inventory to 45/36. That matches the changes of it n the crate I'm seeing too. :D