PDA

View Full Version : Gold for Cargo Boxes?

David P
04-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Hey Everyone,

Question #1:

I've been stuck on 8 plane parts for over two days now, trying 12-15 a day and am losing hope as the deadline approaches. I am a strictly non-gold player, but was wondering if buying 50 gold for $5 and 3 automatic openings would be worth it. This of course, all depends on if the gold automatically guarantees a plane part or if it gives a crappy reward like an ally, valor, or money.

Does anyone who has used gold know if it guarantees a plane part?

Question #2:

Up until this last cargo box promotion, I preferred playing with no allies. I have since gotten 5 allies from this promotion and find that I am much more likely to lose to players who have an alliance defense that is not even half or 2/3s of my alliance attack. Very frustrating to say the least. Does anyone know how to remove allies that are rewarded from Cargo boxes? I don't think its possible, and its really annoying that Funzio wouldn't give you the option to control the size of your alliance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Profile:

Level: 45
Fights Won: 2268
Fights Lost: 243
# Alliance: 5
Alliance Attack: 752
Alliance Defense: 796
Money: $48,951,451
Income: $136,328

Poopenshire
04-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Save your money and time. Just keep doing what your doing, your chances won't increase!

Shadrackx
04-15-2012, 09:17 AM
I've had 8 parts and used 50 gold on it, and have got 125k or valor points. So you can try but 3 tries its unlikely from my experience.

War Priest
04-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Do not use gold. High chances that you will not get it.

And you cannot remove box allies (grunts) yourself. Some say you may email Funzio and they will remove them though.

-->FISH<--
04-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey man if your giving out your stats don't give out you cash....everyone knows you can only vault 10m...unless i'm reading it wrong your an easy target....with money you can't protect....FYI

Watash
04-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Using gold seems like a bad investment to me. Odds are way against you. I was stuck at 8 parts for nearly three days on both my games and then this morning both got the 9th part. Odds still way against me getting the 10th but I will keep trying...I still buy lottery tickets..hope springs eternal and all that bilge...GL to all

Colonelbob
04-15-2012, 09:27 AM
It certainly didn't work for me in the last event, 1300+ gold wasted by the end of it. This event I went totally free, not even using cash to open and so far have 7 parts. Much less frustrating. My advice, If you are gonna go for gold, save it for special units or buildings.

Watash
04-15-2012, 09:41 AM
That is a very interesting strategy, going totally free. You are getting the bulk of the rewards with no outlay.

Bronco928
04-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Don't waste your gold on the 3 tries; it's extremely unlikely to result in anything other than frustration. Instead, buy a crate with your 50 gold and hope you're lucky enough to get a rare, or at least an uncommon unit. That would be a much wiser use of your money. In order to win the prize using gold; in my opinion, you must be prepared to use a minimum of 1000-1500 in gold bars and be willing to accept that you STILL MAY NOT win the prize!! Contrary to popular belief amongst many of the "free players", using gold in these contests DOES NOT gaurantee anything other than the crate will open!