PDA

View Full Version : How should a new user spend energy?

jinqs
04-15-2012, 08:11 AM
I started playing 3 days ago and made all the standard mistakes. I leveled really fast, rushed for high payout buildings with bad ROI and... picked the Agent class. :)

After learning more about the game and reading a lot about the economics of it, how to avoid getting picked on, leveling slowly, etc. I think I have a pretty decent handle on how to do it right, so I'm about to restart.

My question is: What should I be doing with my energy in the early game? In order to level slowly, I clearly can't follow the natural "goal" progression of the missions, so do I just get canal street to level 5, then east side, etc. etc.? Will this level me up much slower than following the goals and doing high xp missions? Will that approach *still* level me up to fast and, if so, does that mean I should literally just not use my energy?

Santa
04-15-2012, 08:15 AM
At first, I would stay completely gung ho on economy. Buy some decent cash weapons and keep your mafia low. Do some PvP, get some loot. A nice low level item is the pilot helmet. It's 6/1 and is easily farmable. Check one of the spreadsheets for the exact info.

jmeijer
04-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Don't use energy at all. Focus on stamina and rob laundromats for respect. You can use the best of the best guides, it's a sticky.