PDA

View Full Version : SEC - A Call To Arms

DCjG
04-15-2012, 06:50 AM
There's a new breed of rat out there and they're price fixing for sure! The insane profits of these fraudulent players put them out of reach for many who do not have large investments of gold. Fortunately, we all know money in this game can only get you so far! We need a new breed of rat catcher... One that targets these wall street tricksters! This is a call to arms to the 1%. Don't let these frauds devalue your hard earned investment!

The SEC is a group specially formed to hunt down these white collar criminals backed with the gold of Fort Knox. Members should be on the lookout for persons seeking large kickbacks from disproportionate charitable donations.

Santa
04-15-2012, 06:53 AM
I love it. But could you explain what SEC actually stands for?

DCjG
04-15-2012, 06:56 AM
I love it. But could you explain what SEC actually stands for?

The Securities and Exchange Commision is an actual government agency that investigates and charges persons with white collar crimes. This usually are fraudulent companies that share insider trading tips, rigging the stock market, etc.

DCjG
04-15-2012, 06:59 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Securities_and_Exchange_Commission

That's probably a better explanation than mine. :)

iteachem
04-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Not strong enough to take these guys out, but I do have the ids of a few of them after catching them in the act....

DCjG
04-15-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm also not strong enough for many. That doesn't mean we can't participate in calling them out!
I have a list of names on my game board and I have codes for some as well if anyone Pm's me.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah, definitely not strong enough. A guy keeps hitting me over and over with 1k in defense/attack improvement since yesterday. I have reported him but still got $100k from me last night. It's really getting annoying. He even tried to give me his phone number to tell me how to do it. Wth?

xclusiv
04-15-2012, 07:44 AM
how strong are they?

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 07:58 AM
how strong are they?

The guy that hit me level 86, I have to check. But has 21k att/21k def. he has a warehouse, house, pawn shop, bball cort, and 1 def building. All of them level 1 except pawnshop which is level 4. I will do a screenshot when I'm near home computer.

xclusiv
04-15-2012, 07:59 AM
i cant see anyone below level 142

iteachem
04-15-2012, 08:00 AM
they are usually completely maxed out with highest cash weapons for their level and highest explosives... The ones I see are buying 500 each of every high level cash weapon, armor, car, melee, explosive.

Eventually they won't be all that strong relative to those of us who farm better weapons but for now too strong for me by about 2-4 k attack

CounterSniper
04-15-2012, 08:02 AM
i cant see anyone below level 142

Some of my mob have reported encountering them in the 140's

Discostu
04-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Dont get me wrong, i likes to spend me a little $$ on the CC, but i'm at lvl 172 & have pretty decent stats & the people that r killing me i have literally seen grow hoods overnite. 0% building time & leveled up bldgs n hours. Stats of 150,000atk & up. I just em beat me up & try to still have fun playing, but wow. Didnt the govmt come out w/an anti-bullying law? :)

Jill
04-15-2012, 08:09 AM
I can't get down that far either but I'm also looking at guys with massive explosives and not good incomes....smell a rat that's for sure.

Also two who within a space of 10 days has increased their stats by over 10k both att n def.......

DCjG
04-15-2012, 08:11 AM
They're at all levels. Most are not subtle having 500+ items that are very expensive to push up stats.
The cap appears to be in the 50k range For cash items based on what I'm seeing

Aid
04-15-2012, 08:14 AM
how strong are they?

There are many that you can see, but their stats are in the mid 50's, they are fairly strong. Probably the only ones that could beat them effectively are the gold players. Ram into a player with 300 Lamborghini's, yachts, etc. not easy to beat

DCjG
04-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Dont get me wrong, i likes to spend me a little $$ on the CC, but i'm at lvl 172 & have pretty decent stats & the people that r killing me i have literally seen grow hoods overnite. 0% building time & leveled up bldgs n hours. Stats of 150,000atk & up. I just em beat me up & try to still have fun playing, but wow. Didnt the govmt come out w/an anti-bullying law? :)

This is interesting. I've seen one person that seems to have leveled buildings to 10 seemingly overnight but I can't figure out how the cash hack can do this. Many more are cash hacking as opposed to this. This person is probably using some other hack in addition to or in lieu of the other hack.

CounterSniper
04-15-2012, 08:16 AM
This is interesting. I've seen one person that seems to have leveled buildings to 10 seemingly overnight but I can't figure out how the cash hack can do this. Many more are cash hacking as opposed to this. This person is probably using some other hack in addition to or in lieu of the other hack.

Yup, the time hack is well known.

DCjG
04-15-2012, 08:20 AM
I can't get down that far either but I'm also looking at guys with massive explosives and not good incomes....smell a rat that's for sure.

Also two who within a space of 10 days has increased their stats by over 10k both att n def.......

A lot of people can go from 0 explosives to 500+ but it's costly. Someone saving at the 200k+ range could probably pull this off without a hack (land mines) so looking at their Econ is critical. Aside from these building hacks, the dead give away tends to be lots of costly gear with poor Econ.

EDIT: building hack is apparently a time hack. Thanks CS.

Lola Gets
04-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Do you guys ever report these players? I have in the past, and Funzio jumps on them pretty quickly.

DCjG
04-15-2012, 08:28 AM
I think the point of this thread is to publicly shame them by attacking them incessantly (if possible) or calling them out in game while we wait for Funzio to wield the ban hammer.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 08:34 AM
A lot of people can go from 0 explosives to 500+ but it's costly. Someone saving at the 200k+ range could probably pull this off without a hack (land mines) so looking at their Econ is critical. Aside from these building hacks, the dead give away tends to be lots of costly gear with poor Econ.

EDIT: building hack is apparently a time hack. Thanks CS.

Jeez, all I knew about was the glitch that happened to me about a week ago. Had no idea about a time hack.

I haven't played much over the weekend because of all this. Even after I bought gold. Don't see the point in being a cheaters punching bag.

This the quote in the sig

CounterSniper
04-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Do you guys ever report these players? I have in the past, and Funzio jumps on them pretty quickly.

Yes, unfortunately they have grown exponentially recently and funzio is under water trying to catch up.

It also did not help at all that the instructions were posted on this forum and the thread was only closed instead of being deleted for several hours leaving it for all the world to see and pass along.

DCjG
04-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I think the thread on the forums is what is responsible for the recent influx of exploits. Before that thread I had seen relatively few doing this. After, it's been quite a bit worse. Thus, the call to arms to out these folks.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Ok. Anyone want to to attack Cru, level 89, 21k att/ 17k def, $1500/hr.

Dude won't let up. I want to quit already.

This is the guy who tried to give me his phone number to tell me how to do it.

sez
04-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I've been solo'ing this the past 2 days anyway. Funny to see a lvl 142-150 with 500 Landmines and 500 Shields with a crap hood. Let's go FUNZIO!

sez
04-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Ok. Anyone want to to attack Cru, level 89, 21k att/ 17k def, $1500/hr.

Dude won't let up. I want to quit already.

Hey GW, I've seen you've had a few different problems lately. I suggest buying gold or not letting it bother you so much. Wait till you get higher! I loved this game at your level!!

Lola Gets
04-15-2012, 08:58 AM
I think the point of this thread is to publicly shame them by attacking them incessantly (if possible) or calling them out in game while we wait for Funzio to wield the ban hammer.

Wish I was strong enough to help out. I thought It was just me who was seeing these guys come through. Hopefully Funzio will put some people on this.

Dipstik
04-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Forget the bannings... I just hope they make a better product and fix the damn glitch. Also, my game still crashes all the time.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Hey GW, I've seen you've had a few different problems lately. I suggest buying gold or not letting it bother you so much. Wait till you get higher! I loved this game at your level!!

The thread the other day about the change was joke. It was late and the forum was just crawling, I was trying to get any response. Anyway, I do buy gold and have some on hand. I could easily add mafia to increase my stats but since this thread was about calling people out. That's what I did.

Burn
04-15-2012, 09:15 AM
No interest in engaging with these cheating players on any level, so I much prefer the RTFS method of dealing with this problem.

Report To Funzio Support.

DCjG
04-15-2012, 09:30 AM
No interest in engaging with these cheating players on any level, so I much prefer the RTFS method of dealing with this problem.

Report To Funzio Support.

Outting/attacking would be additive to reporting of course. Who wouldn't want these guys put in their place?
By using up all their explosives, they're forced to exploit more which hopefully creates a better paper trail for Funzio to nail em. Also, it's a great way to vent some frustration about the issue. ;)

Public shaming is effective and might help deter those still thinking about attempting this.

i need muney
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Have been reporting a lot of these guys at my level. Most of them are at lower levels thou, they ain't got much to lose.
Report money hackers you find and tell them that they are reported. Gotta get the word out so one would think twice.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Outting/attacking would be additive to reporting of course. Who wouldn't want these guys put in their place?
By using up all their explosives, they're forced to exploit more which hopefully creates a better paper trail for Funzio to nail em. Also, it's a great way to vent some frustration about the issue. ;)

Public shaming is effective and might help deter those still thinking about attempting this.

Exactly. I have already reported him. Plus he tried to give me his phone number to explain how to do it. Either he is a cheater or a scammer. What if a kid falls prey to that?

Oh and he mentioned the forum too.

DCjG
04-15-2012, 09:35 AM
There are plenty in the 140+ crowd as well.

sez
04-15-2012, 09:37 AM
The thread the other day about the change was joke. It was late and the forum was just crawling, I was trying to get any response. Anyway, I do buy gold and have some on hand. I could easily add mafia to increase my stats but since this thread was about calling people out. That's what I did.

I wasn't giving you a hard time, just saying it gets SOOOOO MUCH worse.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 09:38 AM
I wasn't giving you a hard time, just saying it gets SOOOOO MUCH worse.

Great! Thanks for the warning, lol. Maybe I stay a peon for awhile.

Plux
04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Can I suggest if the outing method is not the best method as these players are clearly breaching the rules, so as not to fall foul of the rules, why not go on strike, no gold spending until this is sorted out. We are being strung out here. Pm's with each other so we can en masse report these players. Inundate the tech support with the same names and we might get some action on this. That is a last resort choice if nothing is done about this, it could ruin the game.

I hate to say this but we may all have to gold strike on this. Bit give Funzio some time and for them to make some sort of announcement about these cheats. Let them fix the problem first.

Aid
04-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Can I suggest if the outing method is not the best method as these players are clearly breaching the rules, so as not to fall foul of the rules, why not go on strike, no gold spending until this is sorted out. We are being strung out here. Pm's with each other so we can en masse report these players. Inundate the tech support with the same names and we might get some action on this. That is a last resort choice if nothing is done about this, it could ruin the game.

I hate to say this but we may all have to gold strike on this. Bit give Funzio some time and for them to make some sort of announcement about these cheats. Let them fix the problem first.

Plux, this is an excellent idea.

Gaming Will
04-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Excellent idea. There's only a few hours left of the sale and I was going to buy another vault shortly to retaliate my foe.

I will wait til next sale. If its taken care of by then.

Plux
04-15-2012, 10:20 AM
It pains me to suggest it, but let Funzio fix the problem first, if they don't they render our spending useless so we dont bother whats the point? When others get away with vast inventories for free. A strike will cause a quick reaction if nothing is done. This is the most economically effective policy abstaining from in-game purchasing. But let Funzio fix this major problem.

I've floated the mass reaction, but I hope Funzio fix the problem quickly, I'm sure they will. Patience.

DCjG
04-15-2012, 10:32 AM
It pains me to suggest it, but let Funzio fix the problem first, if they don't they render our spending useless so we dont bother whats the point? When others get away with vast inventories for free. A strike will cause a quick reaction if nothing is done. This is the most economically effective policy abstaining from in-game purchasing.

This is a grand idea. Problem is, I don't spend a bunch on gold anyway so this is not a terribly pro-active solution for many like myself. I've seen some of these guys boards filled with awe and admiration instead of disgust. I just put up a message on their board for all to see. They can always remove it but at least those that see it know why these guys are so powerful. Aside from reporting, it's all I can do. Also it serves as a bellwether to others thinking about doing this. If they see this person all the time after knowing they're a hack, and then see them gone... Well that sends a message. I fully support a gold strike though... Even if that isn't much from me.

Jill
04-15-2012, 04:34 PM
We are what, 1% to 3% of the overall gamesters and therefore the max we could affect the sale of gold is exactly 1 to 3% and when you read the forum few actually admits to buying gold on a regular basis, so a gold strike won't affect business at all.

Tseltzer
04-15-2012, 04:53 PM
There needs to be a list posted of these players or message me in game with some names add me 890 407 572 level 148

Jill
04-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I have just reported a guy on level 147 who 10 days ago had the same stats as me. Now he's 10k higher in att and 5k higher in def. He has an income of $8,223/hr and now has explosives worth $19,708,900 cash.

Money Laundering, if I ever seen it.

jlhy
04-15-2012, 06:17 PM
One of the players I reported said he does it because he's bored of the games long build and upgrade times.

JennyJJ
04-15-2012, 07:11 PM
^

xclusive,

there are some over level 142 but you won't be able to beat them. their def is around 10k higher than ur atk.

erik
04-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I must say this is very discouraging.

I do believe that Funzio will address this aggressively, but my concern would be more if it is inherent in the design. My HOPE is that this is new as I encountered this for the first time yesterday with a 30,000 that kept regenerating through no act of my own to create this, but my normal stamina dumping. I bought 5 weapons I could NOT use to understand what was happening, restarted and reported. With the amount I play for the length I have played, it is odd to think that I would only see this for the first time now.

If Gaming Will is correct about Funzio making it impossible to purchase items that can be sold with the fake cash, then they have started off on the right foot. Countersniper thinks not though...

I am not one to threaten or strike, etc... but I have had to cancel my plans to purchase a good chunk of gold tonight.

I wish Funzio the best with this, and I hope they will provide us with communication on how they secured our future investment, and provide a sale post-fix, pre-event.

Forum Abusers... heck, any abusers make their actions public when they use other players to do exploits. I think they should be 100% reported, and called out in public.

L Fizzle
04-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Closing this thread. Please visit:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24791-A-Statement-from-Funzio-on-Cheating