PDA

View Full Version : Just sharing a little tip to boost your defense

Chiefer
04-14-2012, 09:44 PM
You could buy medic's super easy and at 10 defense for 16,000 It's highly expendable. It's a nice, easy, affordable defense boost. It put's you ahead of a lot of other's who haven't thought of this. And it's nice to loose a medic before a Chinook or a Sub. Just saying it only cost 8.5 mil for 500.

bigflan
04-14-2012, 09:51 PM
You could buy medic's super easy and at 10 defense for 16,000 It's highly expendable. It's a nice, easy, affordable defense boost. It put's you ahead of a lot of other's who haven't thought of this. And it's nice to loose a medic before a Chinook or a Sub. Just saying it only cost 8.5 mil for 500.It's a good backup defense units but the scouts and stratotankers are more Importent they cost are cheap and you can buy a bunch of these once you get some medics just keep buying stratotankers and military ambulance or the sea scout depends on nation bonus I'm Russia so I buy lots of stratotankers and a lot of people have found this as people upgrade barrack and buy lots of medics the scouts and ambulance can give you a real advantage over your enemies

Chiefer
04-14-2012, 10:01 PM
You should use comma's. I don't think you understand very well my POV. I'm going to buy 500 medic's... It's only 8.5 mil. Makes so much sense, I'm just not gonna argue. Because you loose unit's you know. And. It's nice to have those on back up. They are very cheap. I can still get everything else. But I've always seen it nice to have plenty of cheap expendable unit's to be taken before others. buying a lot of scout's really wouldn't get me anywhere. i just buy them when mission's tell me too.

In CC, I buy 500 time bombs at all times. Because from what I see. Those damn time bombs will go before anything else. Even a Molotov. Trying to spare more expensive casualty losses in any way. It's easy to keep them stocked up as opposed to replacing more frequently the expensive ones.

JohnnyR
04-14-2012, 10:19 PM
To expand and strengthen your argument Chiefer, I'd like to point out poster ShawnBB imparted the wisdom of medics long ago by pointing out the zero attack score means they NEVER are in your attack group, meaning you can fight without worrying about screwing up defense stats cos none will be lost when stacking up medics. Good short term to medium term d.

This in turn brings to mind the long term idea of always making sure pure defense units never go into battle by maintaining a high enough attack point density and making sure your current defense units have a low enough attack value to keep them off the attack group. More than one might have espoused this, but Aidan is who turned on the light bulb for me, many thanks.

The order of defense units in my strategy currently is/was:

Short-medium term defense=> Medics 0/10
Medium term=>Sea Scouts 3/17
Long term=>Stealth Hawks 8/30

I wish there was (or hope there is) a reliable dropped loot item in PVE that had an attack of 9 or so so I can stack Stealth Hawks wantonly as I pass into whale territory.

ShawnBB
04-14-2012, 11:00 PM
:) thanks Johnny.

Medic is still taking 40% of my defense now as I'm china.
Pretty tough for me to enter the late game now.

And btw my understanding of units value is that it depends on its atk and def stats difference, not total stats.
The bigger the superior it is.

So another point being said here is, the ultimate late game nation question that everyone is wondering.

It is Russia, not UK. uk is way behind, if the casualty of ground is not that terrible I would say even German can run over Uk because the M270 and SCUD combo gives a 35/37 army is pretty cheap to get, while aircraft and railgun 46/46 cost your whole life to save.

StuN
04-14-2012, 11:04 PM
@Flan,

Have you ever heard of punctuation?

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Do you guys think that the defense on an attack unit has anything to do with the causality rate?

Like.. "The higher the attack units's defense, the lower the chance of dying in battle."

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Do you guys think that the defense on an attack unit has anything to do with the causality rate?

Like.. "The higher the attack units's defense, the lower the chance of dying in battle."

Doubtful. Good theory though. There are lots of units with higher d scores that still die faster then lower ones.

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Doubtful. Good theory though. There are lots of units with higher d scores that still die faster then lower ones.

maaaaaayyyyybe the ratio from def to attack? :D :D

idk lol

willydpooh
04-15-2012, 12:51 AM
You could buy medic's super easy and at 10 defense for 16,000 It's highly expendable. It's a nice, easy, affordable defense boost. It put's you ahead of a lot of other's who haven't thought of this. And it's nice to loose a medic before a Chinook or a Sub. Just saying it only cost 8.5 mil for 500.
I don't know why I had lost a hundred of chinook & sub but didn't lost any medic since I started this game.

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 12:53 AM
I don't know why I had lost a hundred of chinook & sub but didn't lost any medic since I started this game.

Now you know why :) being since the medic doesn't go into combat.

willydpooh
04-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Now you know why :) being since the medic doesn't go into combat.
yeah, seems like a war policy of "dont kill medic"
since they boost defense and don't die on battle, maybe I will stock up around 5 battalions of medic :p

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 01:07 AM
You noobs need to stop hi jacking my threads. If you all didn't talk so much in the first place information wouldn't be in between the gossip. You kill my buzz.

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 01:10 AM
yeah, seems like a war policy of "dont kill medic"
since they boost defense and don't die on battle, maybe I will stock up around 5 battalions of medic :p

it will be a big number in your profile, but the number will not affect the outcome when you defend attacks. Max amounts of units able to use is

Level x 5 x 4

Level = your level
5 = amount of units able to bring to battle PER level
4 = amount of units PER ally

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 01:11 AM
You noobs need to stop hi jacking my threads. If you all didn't talk so much in the first place information wouldn't be in between the gossip. You kill my buzz.

Here we go again... Man just lightin up. We are all just tring to help one another..

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 01:13 AM

when (IF) i reach your level, i will show NO MERCY!(: chill dude, still on topic

JohnnyR
04-15-2012, 01:26 AM
it will be a big number in your profile, but the number will not affect the outcome when you defend attacks. Max amounts of units able to use is

Level x 5 x 4

Level = your level
5 = amount of units able to bring to battle PER level
4 = amount of units PER ally

That big number DOES affect outcome, depending on level and ally numbers of course. Lvl 25 can support 500 medics at full ally.

It is also wise to have more than what you need in case you get attacked, fairly high casualty rate on these guys.

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Your being rude. Let other people talk on this forum. Your attitudes are all backwards. You gotta allow other people to speak. Stop going after everyone trying to over legitimize yourself. It's just rude. 15 people don't own the forum. You don't know me. I've been here a long time. Long before most of you. I've been using the forum for awhile as well. Stop always going after every little obscure thing. None of us asked for you guys to go all vigilante and search everything for us and rudely post it in our threads..... You need to chill out with your forced authoritarian knowledge. I wish you guys were my level. Not that you know what level I am... None of you new people know me. It wouldn't work out in your favor...

And most of all. Stop trying to create an image of me cause you don't like me.

JMC
04-15-2012, 01:44 AM

Doesn't. I lose more M270 MLRSs than anything when attacking and they are some of my highest defense units.

OT: Using medics in the low levels has been known as the best defensive strategy for a while, they don't make it into my army any more though :P. My lowest are military ambulances.

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Stop going after everyone trying to over legitimize yourself. It's just rude.

Stop always going after every little obscure thing.

You need to chill out with your forced authoritarian knowledge.

I wish you guys were my level.<--- lol no one does.

Every sentence as stated above makes you the biggest hypocrite i have ever encountered. congratulations.

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Bullying is not cool. You guys don't like me you need to get over it. I wish you guys had it in you to leave me be at the slightest once every 10 times or so. But your always there....

jphil1
04-15-2012, 02:22 AM
you're* ...

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 02:23 AM
Your being rude. Let other people talk on this forum. Your attitudes are all backwards. You gotta allow other people to speak. Stop going after everyone trying to over legitimize yourself. It's just rude. 15 people don't own the forum. You don't know me. I've been here a long time. Long before most of you. I've been using the forum for awhile as well. Stop always going after every little obscure thing. None of us asked for you guys to go all vigilante and search everything for us and rudely post it in our threads..... You need to chill out with your forced authoritarian knowledge. I wish you guys were my level. Not that you know what level I am... None of you new people know me. It wouldn't work out in your favor...

Let me tell you something buddy. I can and will post in whatever thread I feel like posting in and that goes for anyone else as well. I don't care how long you've been around or even if you were a dev I still wouldn't care with your attitude. If you hadn't of said anything RUDE to begain with none of this would have ever had to be said. You need to take a chill pill and realize that this is a public forum and not just chiefers...

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 02:24 AM
You do this to me every thread and it always ends in you guys insulting me for no reason. Why should I not get a little bit bothered?

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 02:27 AM
You do this to me every thread and it always ends in you guys insulting me for no reason. Why should I not get a little bit bothered?

Because your the one saying and starting it first man. Just chill out and everything will be fine.

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 02:34 AM
Because your the one saying and starting it first man. Just chill out and everything will be fine.

One time...... and, it was noobs....... You guys have been insulting me in many threads for weeks and I don't defend myself. Stop making everything up. Your trying to project your personal opinion about me on everyone. You, and, they don't know me. It's a double standard whats going on.

jphil1
04-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Again, "you're"

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Again, "you're"

Because a few people with an absurd amount of posts say so?

That makes you a follower.

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 02:42 AM
One time...... and, it was noobs....... You guys have been insulting me in many threads for weeks and I don't defend myself. Stop making everything up. Your trying to project your personal opinion about me on everyone. You, and, they don't know me. It's a double standard whats going on.

The reason I said things about you before is because of the post you did on the cc forum attacking others on this side about their postings.. It was none of your business to begin with, but you through it out there anyway just to get ppl mad/upset and it worked. So you should be happy and just go back on topic.

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 02:47 AM
The reason I said things about you before is because of the post you did on the cc forum attacking others on this side about their postings.. It was none of your business to begin with, but you through it out there anyway just to get ppl mad/upset and it worked. So you should be happy and just go back on topic.

Yeah, That's not a good enough reason to be attacking me a while after the fact. Especially since you don't know my true stance. And it showed for about 8 hours after I stopped posting in that thread. You had your share of insulting me there, So did others. And, I didn't come back and say ****. Now you guys are still dragging it on and on. Your just validating what I said. You are all really 100% wrong about me. And you need to stop trying to propagate it onto others.

I'm for OT discussion. That's all your major fail. It's really what you guys made up and starting talking about me. As to what I really said. You were wrong than. Still wrong.

I'm an advocate for a broader forum, more area's to chat and post. Just a more effective forum. What happened is you all had to get your personal opinion about me out.

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Yeah, That's not a good enough reason to be attacking me a while after the fact. Especially since you don't know my true stance. And it showed for about 8 hours after I stopped posting in that thread. You had your share of insulting me there, So did others. And, I didn't come back and say ****. Now you guys are still dragging it on and on. Your just validating what I said. You are all really 100% wrong about me. And you need to stop trying to propagate it onto others.

I'm for OT discussion. That's all your major fail. It's really what you guys made up and starting talking about me. As to what I really said. You were wrong than. Still wrong.

I'm an advocate for a broader forum, more area's to chat and post. Just a more effective forum. What happened is you all had to get your personal opinion about me out.

Well man I was over your last post in cc about ppl here untill you wanted to start in here when we were just clearly tring to help out a little.. No biggy but I guess you seen it different... One thing I can't stand is **** talkers so of course I was going to chime in. But it's done and over I'm tired of being OT on this thread.. GL to you Chiefer..

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Well man I was over your last post in cc about ppl here untill you wanted to start in here when we were just clearly tring to help out a little.. No biggy but I guess you seen it different... One thing I can't stand is **** talkers so of course I was going to chime in. But it's done and over I'm tired of being OT on this thread.. GL to you Chiefer..

That thread showed that alot people are jerks. Nor is that thread valid now that they took half the forums down and the diamond event is over. When they have an Off topic part of the forum. I'm going to take that as a win. Regardless of your he said she said bull****. The forum's were in a different state than they are now. Stop trying so hard to hurt my feelings.... There was a major issue than with OT discussion about the same thing in 20 different threads all within the first 2 most recent pages. That time has passed. Time passes. Move on. Maybe you need to be held a fool for everything in the past?

It's just amazing... You do realize this thread is about telling people to buy some medics and raise their defense. I don't think *******'s try to share knowledge.

Luke7676
04-15-2012, 03:13 AM
That thread showed that alot people are jerks. Nor is that thread valid now that they took half the forums down and the diamond event is over. When they have an Off topic part of the forum. I'm going to take that as a win. Regardless of your he said she said bull****. The forum's were in a different state than they are now. Stop trying so hard to hurt my feelings.... There was a major issue than with OT discussion about the same thing in 20 different threads all within the first 2 most recent pages. That time has passed. Time passes. Move on. Maybe you need to be held a fool for everything in the past?

Lol ok man. I know you like going back and fourth right now but it's been a long day and I'm tired as hell. So I say once again.. GL to you Chiefer.

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Lol ok man. I know you like going back and fourth right now but it's been a long day and I'm tired as hell. So I say once again.. GL to you Chiefer.

You need to apologize. This has been going on a long time. Stop trying to over talk me so that my post isn't seen. I have a right to defend myself your out of line. If you weren't trying to slander my name I would not have to say anything. I was wanting to talk about medic's and defense. Is there really so many people talking about this subject that I need to get called out?

Agent Orange
04-15-2012, 03:30 AM
Holy off topic...

One important thing to point out is your armies density both in terms of attack and defense and I think this is where things get confusing! It cofuses the crap out of me. It will more likely show up in the higher levels where you are going up against rivals with very high attack densities and that this point I want the strongest defense I can put together which means stealth surveillence drones or Apache Helos. Not too sur about the latter as that is going into battle so again density of your army or that of rivals may be important.

Aidan
04-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Agreed with AO n also chiefer.

In low n mid level, the best unit to boost ur def will be the medic. Cheap n will not be used in attck. Lots of low defense players still doesnt get this. Instead of buying lots of medic they bought like 20 ospreys or 10 stealth surveilance. While those hv a vry good defense, it's costing them a lot of money n their economy just cant support tht.,yet. They cn get their def much higher n much cheaper with medics. Say he has 10 mil. With medics he cn get 625 medics. Tht's 6250 def stat. With stealth drone he cn only get 19 stealth n 571 def stat. If tht persons alrdy hv high def then going with stealth will be a good choice. If not n he is getting trashed by others, medic is much more sensible option.

In higher lvl on the other hand, ur army density become much more important. Having all medics fr ur def wont do u anymore good. U gonna need more quality def like stealth drone. Since by this time, ur economy will be much stronger n u can tap tht high payout missions, paying fr these high priced unit will be..not easy but not as hard.

Watash
04-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Great post Aidan, going to reexamine my army after breakfast.....

Everson25
04-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Apart from the OT, it's an interesting topic. I can really say that I'm one of players who hasn't a bad economy so I've been buying quite few expensive units, however I really should have spent some money and bought some medic, which is quite cheap, and boost my defence a bit. As a matter of fact, I just did and bought 200 medics. Which shows a good point that there is always time to correct some strategies. Thanks guys!

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Really interesting post Chiefer.

I'm not sure what you guys consider low-mid levels, but I never considered the medic because of a number of reasons:

* my strategy up until level 15 was to load up on low level units like transport (medic is a level 5) which are almost immediately available so I could invest in upgrading other buildings.
* I wanted to invest in a longer term unit like the ambulance, because unlike attacking units, they don't die as much and they give a good density, so a longer term view is possible with defense units. I saw a lot of high level guys were averaging defense density of 15-18 or so. I didn't think defense casualty rate was going to important unless you get attacked a lot (unless it becomes important in higher levels?), but just incase ambulance has low casualty.
* my ally strategy was to stay under 20 until about mid 20s level where I could maintain my defense density (about 18-20). Unless you have lots of allies, I don't think you need a lot of defense units so price is not that important I believe. I found that I didn't get attacked much at all, so the need to have a defense of 2000+ at low levels is not necessary unless you are using a high ally strategy.
* By the time I had 20's levels, I was already buying units with solid A/D stats so even buying ambulances (or medics) was not absolutely necessary.

This was my experience anyway (I.e., sample of one).

Aidan
04-15-2012, 08:17 AM
@freezekiah for low ally strat u'll need a high density as u cn only bring so much units to battle (attacking n defending). So high att n high def units is a must.

Having said tht, u wont be able to hide in low ally region forever. When u reach certain levels, u gonna need to go with higher allies. So constantly adding good units is crucial eventho it no longer increase ur att n def score. This what many plyrs fails to realise n when they go full allies bhammm! Suddenly they r no longer the big fish in the small pond but the small fish in the ocean.

Edit: if using low ally strat- when buying units always buy like u r running at full allies. This will make it easier fr urself when going full allies.

bigflan
04-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Freekizh I'm on the same level as him but I don't buy medics cause my defense army is populated with gold units stratotankers sea scouts ambulances I have no need for medics they play a support role for me and the funny thing is I never got lv5 barracks until now but now there minor units to me

Side note I dont care about punctuation

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 08:24 AM
@freezekiah for low ally strat u'll need a high density as u cn only bring so much units to battle (attacking n defending). So high att n high def units is a must.

Having said tht, u wont be able to hide in low ally region forever. When u reach certain levels, u gonna need to go with higher allies. So constantly adding good units is crucial eventho it no longer increase ur att n def score. This what many plyrs fails to realise n when they go full allies bhammm! Suddenly they r no longer the big fish in the small pond but the small fish in the ocean.

Completely agree with you Aidan. I was just using the low ally as a counterpoint on this topic in low to mid levels as I believe that it is still a legit strategy at those levels, so the need for lots of cheap defense unit is also not necessary. I also keep an eye on friends with double my ally count to make sure I'm not falling to far behind, and keep in reserve allies and valor points for emergencies.

Since mid 20s I have increased my ally count gradually as my economy and the rival list got stronger, while maintaing my defense density.

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Freekizh I'm on the same level as him but I don't buy medics cause my defense army is populated with gold units stratotankers sea scouts ambulances I have no need for medics they play a support role for me and the funny thing is I never got lv5 barracks until now but now there minor units to me

Side note I dont care about punctuation

Exactly - I never saw the need for level 5 barracks, and wouldn't have thought to upgrade just for the medic unit! That's why the topic was a surprise to me.

I'm on level 32 now.

JMC
04-15-2012, 08:47 AM
For low levels you want to stock up on medics, once you get around the top levels you want to have military ambulances making up most of your defence stats. By the time you finally make it to the top levels, you have to economy to support buying a few stealth survellance drones everyday and raising your defence that way. I really wouldn't recommend spending valor on M270 MLRSs. For some reason their death rate compared to the hornet and stealth frigate is like 5x-10x higher. For the longest time i sat at 200 M270 MLRSs and then i finally decided to raise to 300, lost tons on the way and now im already down to about 242 and i haven't even been attacking that much. Since the stealth surveillance drones and defense based units are much better and much cheaper to buy in this game than attack based units, im choosing now to not waste my valors on the M270s and just put them into attack stat units like the stealth frigate or super hornet. Right now i'm putting all my valor into stealth frigates because i have the UK bonus, so their attack stat is almost as high as the super hornets that way, yet i can buy much more.

Super Hornet 36 A, Stealth Frigate 34.1 A.

12.72 stealth frigates per 10 Super hornets = 434 A vs 360 A

Freekizh
04-15-2012, 09:00 AM
I agree with you on the ground units - they are usually 3x the casualty rate of the ships. That's why I switched from Germany to UK. Nearly every ground unit I buy is gone, whereas I can't get rid of some of my ships even if I wanted to.

The only thing I don't like about the stealth frigate is that it has a defense the same as my ambulance, so it comes out to defend. I don't want a 1.5million dollar defense unit!

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Stop going after everyone trying to over legitimize yourself. It's just rude.

Stop always going after every little obscure thing.

You need to chill out with your forced authoritarian knowledge.

Hypocrite (found on page 2)

Once again.... HYPOCRITE

JMC
04-15-2012, 09:43 AM
I agree with you on the ground units - they are usually 3x the casualty rate of the ships. That's why I switched from Germany to UK. Nearly every ground unit I buy is gone, whereas I can't get rid of some of my ships even if I wanted to.

The only thing I don't like about the stealth frigate is that it has a defense the same as my ambulance, so it comes out to defend. I don't want a 1.5million dollar defense unit!

It really doesnt die much in defense either. Also cheaper than losing an M270 MLRS or super hornet.