PDA

View Full Version : Rivals List

JMC
04-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Think i found out something new about how the rivals list sorts players.

If you are new to that particular rivals list you show up more. For a long time i was in the top tier with max allies, and i was pretty safe, getting attacked once or twice per week and only 1 hit at a time.

A little while ago they changed the top tier to filter rivals by ally ranges like all the other levels so i decided to clear out some of my old low level allies that had all quit the game and see what my casualties would be like at 300 allies. Didn't help at all and i started getting attacked by some of the heavy gold players in lower ally ranges so I got myself back up to 500. Now i've been attacked almost 200 times in a few days. 90% of the attacks are from people barely stronger than me, they even lose half the fights, but then i'm also getting attacked by people with 100K+ stats that i've seen on the list for a while. It can't be a coincidence that once i did this i got attacked hundreds of times. I also noticed that many of the people i saw a long time ago stopped showing up on rivals lists so i think that is why i was safe before. I was one of the first up here and not showing up on the lists. Now, since im a new guy in the top tier, max ally list, I show up on everyone's rivals list and so everyone is attacking me.

Also doubt it's just because the event is on. Most people say they're just attacking for valor missions. During the titanium bar event and secret document event i didn't get attacked any more than usual either.

Really bad move. 40% of my total losses happened in the last 3 days, probably 20+ valor units, 20+ cargo boxes and a few million.

So, you will not be safe with 55K defence at this range, since any of you entering this range will all be new players on the rivals list.

-->FISH<--
04-14-2012, 09:18 PM
I feel the thump on my head already and I'm only 87

Warfiend
04-14-2012, 09:18 PM
40% of my total losses happened in the last 3 days

Am I understanding correctly that you're saying 40% of all your losses listed in your stats happened in the last 3 days?

JMC
04-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Am I understanding correctly that you're saying 40% of all your losses listed in your stats happened in the last 3 days?

Yes.

[][][][][]

overkill 280
04-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Wow!!! That's crazy getting attacked that many times in 2 days.

JMC
04-14-2012, 09:22 PM
I should of stayed at 500+ allies. Was drawn in by a few players who claim to have near zero losses in the under 300 ally range using armies almost purely valor units. These guys are just experiencing that no casualty glitch that was talked about a few weeks ago though.

Warfiend
04-14-2012, 09:22 PM
D'oh! That sucks, man. That's very useful info to be aware of. Thank you for posting that.

JMC
04-14-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll probably have to wait a few weeks or a month before i stop showing up on some of these guys lists again. Gonna be putting all extra money into defence units, skill points into defence stat and fully upgrading my composites factory.

With 60K defence, most of these guys attacking me won't be able to win, but im still visible to the 100K guys now. Been trying to add as many of them as I can. I've had almost all of them added for a while now, but the newer guys to the pirate crew and other high level groups are still seeing me. Gonna try to convince them to ally with me as im allies with all their friends.

Aidan
04-15-2012, 03:30 AM
@JMC if it's me who was influencing u to go pure valor, i apologize. I did hv near zero casualties when i was running at 50 allies. I assumed tht will be the case fr everyone else. Didnt know it was a glitch. On my LLP, i follow the same strat n i am experiencing the near zero casualty. I did noticed tht if i add more thn 50 allies, things started to changed. 1 or 2 casualties. Again sorry fr ur losses

JMC
04-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Nah wasn't you. Under 50 allies, very low casualties is reasonable, there were a few saying they had near zero with much higher ally counts but a pure valor army.