PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I see higher-level players that attack me?

azy
04-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Since my level has hit the mid-nineties, I sometimes get a visit (raid/attack) by players at level 110, 115, 126, etc. That in itself isn't an issue, whale territory is well-known. I simply conclude that I must appear in their rivals list.

However, why do they not show up in my list? The rivals selection algorithm is evidently not symmetrical. This is unfortunate because I'm quite confident that I can beat several of the players in those higher levels. And because they've been playing for longer and have had, on average, more time to upgrade their building, some of them would make great cash cows.

If they are able to pick on me, why should I not be able to pick on them? Thoughts?

marebear
04-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Don't they show up in your newsfeed? You can attack them back that way.

I know what you mean though, if I lose an attack I usually hunt them down on the rivals list to check their stats instead of pushing the attack button. Maybe wait awhile and check again.

JohnnyR
04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't they show up in your newsfeed? You can attack them back that way.

I know what you mean though, if I lose an attack I usually hunt them down on the rivals list to check their stats instead of pushing the attack button. Maybe wait awhile and check again.

Well, if they're attacking him, those rivals probably aren't the kind a players he can pick on. Think he wants the buffet where he can pick and choose.

el_gringo
04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
If your levelling up quite slowly while still attacking, its quite possible that these are people you've atttackeed in the past that have levelled up quickly and still have you on their newsfeeds.

azy
04-14-2012, 07:47 PM
@JohnnyR - You are right, I'd like my pick of those weak higher-level players.

@el_gringo - Interesting theory, I suppose it's plausible since I didn't track the names of all those I've attacked or raided. But it just seems unlikely that I'd remain in someone newsfeed long enough for them to level up 30 times.

My guess is that Funzio has to dig deeper into lower levels to put together a satisfactory rivals list for those players in the 110+ levels because that air is still rarified. There's no way that rivals algorithm is symmetrical. Forum long-timers will remember that whale territory has slowly moved up from 50+, to 70+, to 90+. I guess it's now approaching 100.

Chiefer
04-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Have you heard of a jedi mind trick?

JMC
04-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I just posted a new thread about how i think the rivals list filters the players. For that reason, im thinking that is why the new players entering the top tier cannot see the oldest, high level players. Seniority in a rivals list gives you protection apparently.