PDA

View Full Version : I promise to stop contacting support

iteachem
04-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Run out of stamina/energy and accidentally refill with my tapjoy gold.....

Seriously want a confirm button..damn happy fingers....

Nicholost
04-14-2012, 02:17 PM
-1. Please continue to contact support for this issue. They need to know both the significance of this issue and how costly it is for them to manage the influx of tickets related to this issue. If we go silent and just deal with it, they will not make implementing a fix a priority. In software, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

mnju_03
04-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Nicholost is 101% correct teach. They need to know. Even though we are the 1% we speak for the 99%.
You know damn well large portions of users have this issue and don't have a voice. Be that voice!
Lol

enahs1
04-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I accidentally bought an extra mafia member once when I was going to buy 3 crates. It Pissed me off so much. I contacted them and they replaced the gold and I bought the crates. They do need a confirm button. I hit special button and it lagged so I hit special button again and it carried on to the next page and bought me a mafia member. Just what I needed

iteachem
04-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah, but I contacted them at least one time during each of the events....feeling like I should be careful..you folks hitting it accidently as well?

mnju_03
04-14-2012, 02:25 PM
You're all clients, paying customers. As long as you're appropriate, polite, professional... You deserve to be heard and taken care of, no matter the volume... That's just how I treat customer advice.

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Yesterday - was awaiting the completion of my Crematorium (yeah don't say anything) and I touched on it to see how much more time but I must have double clicked or something and it used 2 gold bars to complete immediately.

So this was just after I had purchased gold so now I'm 2 short - wtf - who would pay 2 golds to complete something that was a matter of minutes after waiting 116 hours or so?

I submitted a ticket - I want my 2 golds!

Nicholost
04-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah, but I contacted them at least one time during each of the events....feeling like I should be careful..you folks hitting it accidently as well?
I've had three timer reset mis-clicks during two events, and one building completion mis-click while scrolling across my building list. All four occurrences earned new tickets. While I am careful, particularly around events, accidents do happen. Putting the reset timer button in the same location as the medium chance option was a mega-blunder. I mean, who pays 15g to reset the timer when there's 15 seconds left?

The rule for the devs should be: if gold is to be used, user is to be prompted with confirmation dialog before using gold.

iteachem
04-14-2012, 02:35 PM
I just put in another ticket... Today I was farming low riders and hit it once too fast..

mnju_03
04-14-2012, 02:36 PM
I second that Nicholost. Maybe and this is an evil assumption but maybe it's done on purpose so that the masses that don't say anything end up giving more money... Bottom line profit.

I hope not. I doubt it. ;)

a41
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM
^ yep, the customers (you) are unhappy, but it won't stop you from spending. In fact, in most cases it'll make you spend more gold. It's business.

Shoutzaonmyboiz
04-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I believe its time for the next user initiated event APOF
Applying
Pressure
On
Funzio

Ok the name can change, but the basis should be the same, everyday at least once a day all members must submit a ticket regarding this issue. Of coarse only until its fixed, by the implementation of either are deposit.costless. bank for gold or a second screen idea etc.

By doing this it will cost Funzio more time and effort sorting through the tickets, than they would with people gold misclick.

Also, in the event they stop reading/responding and dont implement a fix, we can have a boycott :p (for some will test the addiction).

Just an idea, putting it out there for an experienced senior member to organise.

dudeman
04-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the "no confirmation" is intentional. The problem is even worse in Kingdom Age (iOS). When a building is upgrading the "move" and "sell" buttons disappear while the "upgrade instantly" button becomes larger in size.

Considering the length of time that this has been a known issue, the fact that there is still no fix, AND the fact that the problem is even worse in Funzio's new game, it will take a strong argument to convince me that not requiring confirmation for gold spending is not intentional. "Confirm to proceed" already exists for some features. I have to acknowledge the fact that I was robbed before proceeding, I have to confirm when I want to sell an object, but when it comes to whatever's in my pocket I think Funzio wants to keep their hand in there at all times.