PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to goodfellas

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Since I purchased gold to buy the church and now am un-decided on that I decided to upgrade to goodfella

I think it will be worth it - I didn't know enough when I joined the game and I selected Agent instead of tycoon

mnju_03
04-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I upgraded to it on both devices, never looked back.

Burn
04-14-2012, 10:58 AM
If you are an Agent, upgrading to Goodfella is a clear cut benefit.

Maniaxe
04-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Same here I just upgraded it a few days ago and the difference is huge. Even the the small difference in refill time is noticeable. Worth it 100%

iteachem
04-14-2012, 11:12 AM
I had enough tapjoy and upgraded as well... Def worth it..

Luke 3457
04-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah worth it... Even if your a tycoon already as I was. Most beneficial for me because I'm a serial robber. Also because I'm still working on tl's.

Nicholost
04-14-2012, 01:21 PM
As if you need another vote for it, Sasha, you can have mine. +1 for Goodfella.

Rhino72
04-14-2012, 02:06 PM

If nicholost already confirmed you know you re good to go but if you need another here I am. Goodfella is a must...

Slickster
04-14-2012, 02:08 PM
If nicholost already confirmed you know you re good to go but if you need another here I am. Goodfella is a must... nicholost +1 rhino +1 goodfella upgrade +1 ..... 👍thumbs up , 👊fist bump

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 02:16 PM

Now my next hurdle is "no banking" - based on your analysis

But I'm too AR to go for it yet......

Nicholost
04-14-2012, 02:21 PM
But I'm too AR to go for it yet......
"Too AR"??? You gotta start somewhere. Put some reasonable bait out and see who takes it, or tries to take it. The earlier you can start testing the no-bank waters the better.

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 02:38 PM
"Too AR"??? You gotta start somewhere. Put some reasonable bait out and see who takes it, or tries to take it. The earlier you can start testing the no-bank waters the better.

Ok will try - I like to control things.....lol

I have left some money out lately and have found it to be ok but when I'm planning to buy something I get all into saving for it - I used to have a real life

mnju_03
04-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Ok will try - I like to control things.....lol

I have left some money out lately and have found it to be ok but when I'm planning to buy something I get all into saving for it - I used to have a real life

I used to ride my bike a lot.... Used to... This is safer and cheaper. Lol

jmeijer
04-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I am a goodfella too. It's worth every penny.

Labradorite
04-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Sasha, if I were you, I'll build more Gatling turrets and buy explosives before no banking. You might do all of them at the same time thro. Just my two cents.

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Sasha, if I were you, I'll build more Gatling turrets and buy explosives before no banking. You might do all of them at the same time thro. Just my two cents.

Well I think battling guns are good advice but from what I have been reading here then explosives are only relevant at HL

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I plan to go big or go home - if I start crying like a little girl - well who knows but it's a game - life makes me cry more!

I wish there were more women in the game......

I mean gattling guns

Babytway
04-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Oh yeah worth it... Even if your a tycoon already as I was. Most beneficial for me because I'm a serial robber. Also because I'm still working on tl's.

welcome fellow alumni

Chiefer
04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
It's been such a long time since i upgraded from Tycoon to Goodfella. I forgot what goodfella does haha.

Labradorite
04-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Sasha, sorry that I wasn't clear. My suggestion was based on if you want to try no banking. I suppose only low to mid level players have the opportunity to consider no banking (except extremely high earners at HL,) so we don't need to worry about explosives are relavent at HL or not. I don't believe the explosives I bought today will last to the day when I become a HL player either. I just bought them to give me a temp stats boost now, so fewer player would try to attack me in the first place. So far it worked very well for me.

Explosives also are a very good indicator for no banking. If you lost few of them when been attacked, you'd better save your money in the bank instead of no banking. Work on your stats a bit and try again later.

Gatling turret is one of the best defense buildings to build. Small footage, cheap, and won't take your precious upgrade time. 40 of them can yield you 1k def. For me, that's from 6k -> 7k def. 50 of them cost less than a Hummer (10a/10d).

Finally, game or life, it's just an experience, give your best shot and enjoy it while you're playing. :)