PDA

View Full Version : Is tap joy worth it

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 06:51 AM
For those who use tap joy - do you find it worth the effort

I don't want my iPad cluttered up with useless game downloads but just got some free gold and thought I would try it for a while

However there didn't seem to be many good offers - maybe I am looking in the wrong place

nvbealone
04-14-2012, 06:53 AM
well it's free. im not complaining. : )

CounterSniper
04-14-2012, 06:54 AM
For those who use tap joy - do you find it worth the effort

I don't want my iPad cluttered up with useless game downloads but just got some free gold and thought I would try it for a while

However there didn't seem to be many good offers - maybe I am looking in the wrong place

Totally worth it. You dont have to keep the apps.

Use em once and delete em if you dont like em. (unless it instructs you otherwise).

I get different offers on my device and on the TapJoy website so i like to check both.

i need muney
04-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Yes, it is.

mnju_03
04-14-2012, 07:40 AM
I think free is worth it!!!! I choose to just buy mine though...
I like wholesale amounts of gold at a time.

white frog
04-14-2012, 07:53 AM
IMO, the only thing that sucks about using Tap Joy is getting your iTunes app folder completely flooded with brainless apps. You have to manually go in and delete them all, or else your sync's will take forever! The last time I tried it, I hadn't wiped my iTunes in over a month, and I had to delete over 50 different apps, all from Tap Joy.

Other than that, I think the free gold is AWESOME!!!

Steve0
04-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Free gold is great. I do wish their were better offers than 1 or 2 gold per app. I made a seperate hotmail account for all of apps I wont use and other dating sites.

mnju_03
04-14-2012, 07:59 AM
IMO, the only thing that sucks about using Tap Joy is getting your iTunes app folder completely flooded with brainless apps. You have to manually go in and delete them all, or else your sync's will take forever! The last time I tried it, I hadn't wiped my iTunes in over a month, and I had to delete over 50 different apps, all from Tap Joy.

Other than that, I think the free gold is AWESOME!!!

Lol I forgot about that when I just plugged in a new iPhone.... Jeeeez that sucked. Lol
Lesson learned.

CounterSniper
04-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Free gold is great. I do wish their were better offers than 1 or 2 gold per app. I made a seperate hotmail account for all of apps I wont use and other dating sites.

There's been several 4g offers recently.

Burn
04-14-2012, 08:00 AM
What is your time worth?

Tapjoy isn't free as I understand it, you have to invest time, and presumably the pro-rata earnings are probably the equivalent of pennies an hour?

Do some extra hours at work, and you can probably buy 1500 Gold for the time taken to get 100 from Tapjoy?

That's my thinking on it anyway.

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
What is your time worth?

Tapjoy isn't free as I understand it, you have to invest time, and presumably the pro-rata earnings are probably the equivalent of pennies an hour?

Do some extra hours at work, and you can probably buy 1500 Gold for the time taken to get 100 from Tapjoy?

That's my thinking on it anyway.

Hmmm - you're right......more likely 1 extra billed hour will pay for that......lol

transfer
04-14-2012, 09:25 AM
The download and delete process can become quite tedious as many people mentionned.

However, if you use the "Tap Here to Earn Free Gold" option every time before you log off, you can get 1 gold for what, 5 extra seconds before exiting ?
Since this option seems to be here all the time, it easily add to 100 a week depending how often you log a day, not as "bad" as dl'ing 200mb app for 1 gold.

The "Tap Here to Earn free gold" option isn't available during the gold sales though so you'll have to wait for a few more days.

eka6484
04-14-2012, 09:48 AM
The "Tap Here to Earn free gold" option isn't available during the gold sales though so you'll have to wait for a few more days.[/QUOTE]
Funny, there isn't a tap here for free gold on my device

eka6484
04-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Sorry guys I'm new so it's taking me a while to grasp the reply with quote, especially as I use the forum while I'm on my phone!

Burn
04-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Hmmm - you're right......more likely 1 extra billed hour will pay for that......lol

Exactly.

I have a similar argument with my wife all the time, she will drive a 5 mile round trip to save pennies on something from the supermarket. She never factors in her time, the inconvenience, or the fuel costs. False economy. Don't sell yourself for less than you are worth.

Spend an hour in the evening doing some work that you can bill to a client, and buy a whole truckload of Gold, because that hour was 'Gold Hour'.

Too young? The above not an option? Wash your Dads, or your neighbours, car for $20. 300 Gold in an hour.

Sasha54
04-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Exactly.

I have a similar argument with my wife all the time, she will drive a 5 mile round trip to save pennies on something from the supermarket. She never factors in her time, the inconvenience, or the fuel costs. False economy. Don't sell yourself for less than you are worth.

Spend an hour in the evening doing some work that you can bill to a client, and buy a whole truckload of Gold, because that hour was 'Gold Hour'.

Too young? The above not an option? Wash your Dads, or your neighbours, car for $20. 300 Gold in an hour.

Exactly!

My mother in law will drive half way across the city to buy gas on sale .....duh

Plux
04-15-2012, 02:50 AM
Tapjoy is nice little bonus. Over time you have a free gold item so I think it definately helps those who find it hard to put money into the game for different reasons. I use tap joy to top up my gold.
Do Tapjoy, invoicing your kettle for tea making time will drive your kettle to work with someone cheaper, market equilibrium.

procsyzarc
04-15-2012, 03:10 AM
Definitely not worth it, wasting a few mins for $0.1 is not a good return. Crime city is the worst return for tap joy too if you are going to use it other apps give better returns than $0.1 some even give $1-2 worth of items. Only use for it is if you are on an uneven amount of gold and want to even it out or are too young to be able to buy it.

The free gold option still isn't there for most players

Plux
04-15-2012, 03:30 AM
Tapjoy is the free Gold option. Tapjoy helps Funzio's income and helps reduce the costs of providing the game to us, in turn helps reduce the cost to us if gold is cheaper to purchase. Effort = Economic gain for all. No Tapjoy = higher CC costs to Funzio = more expensive gold.
Use Tapjoy everyone.

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 03:36 AM
It isn't for me haha. I had to contact support and send them pictures to prove I progressed enough to get the gold every single time cause it would never register correctly. I stopped using it. Don't need free gold that much.

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 04:35 AM
I'll say this, I did it for Netflix.... And one other big one. I was going to set those anyways... Why not benefit with TapJoy?

Chiefer
04-15-2012, 04:45 AM
I'll say this, I did it for Netflix.... And one other big one. I was going to set those anyways... Why not benefit with TapJoy?

What type of information and how important/secure is it to give away so freely to all these 3rd parties?

mnju_03
04-15-2012, 07:35 AM
What type of information and how important/secure is it to give away so freely to all these 3rd parties?

Huh!? I dun get what you mean. Lol

QPR
04-15-2012, 08:37 AM
The "Tap Here to Earn free gold" option isn't available during the gold sales though so you'll have to wait for a few more days.
Funny, there isn't a tap here for free gold on my device[/QUOTE]

Same here mate. I don't have have the option, In fact I've never had that button. I am running the latest version for the iPad

eka6484
04-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Funny, there isn't a tap here for free gold on my device

Same here mate. I don't have have the option, In fact I've never had that button. I am running the latest version for the iPad[/QUOTE]

Yeh I have looked for it but it's never been there, even when there isn't a sale! I'm on the latest version for iPhone