PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Equipment Used

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Hello CrimeCity world...

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to... and is/was probably under my nose...

When I attack someone or rob someone it says something like: 56 equipment used

Then below it shows 48 items in squares, but adds up about 170 items.

My mafia is 90 people strong; my attack rating is around 600...

WHAT IS THIS 56 NUMBER?! AND HOW DOES IT FIT IN? IS IT RANDOMLY GENERATED?

:confused:

dudeman
04-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Where exactly does it show 56? Does it have an orange and yellow explosion-looking icon next to it? What level are you? Could those be skill points that you added to attack?

murf
04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Hello CrimeCity world...

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to... and is/was probably under my nose...

What level are you?...you can equip each mafia member with a gun/melee/armor/vehicle/explosive. So 5 pieces of equipment per mafia member. But the amount of mafia you can use is min(5 x level, 500). So, my guess is you are around level 15-20 and are short on vehicles. The boxes below should show what you are bringing into the fight, display should show the amount used, and when clicked on it will show how many you have in inventory. So, those #'s may differ.

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 11:45 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7HLvEGI3N7c/T4hy1enx7DI/AAAAAAAAABw/uvFSPF8l_yk/s800/crimec.jpg

Ok hopefully you can see this image.

This is a screenshot from in-game. Take a look at the line that says: Equipment Used: 56

That number doesn't add up to ANYTHING in my profile... I have 90+mobbies doing 500+ attack I have 170+ items (I counted them)...

Can anyone clarify this for me? Why am I using only 56 items??? Or does this mean something else?

dudeman
04-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Each mafia member can bring 1 of each item type into battle. So 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 explosive, and 1 vehicle = 5 items per mafia. 5x92 = 460. You can bring 460 items into battle, so you are 404 items under equipped.

Demoni696
04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
That really looks like a glitch to me.

That number dose represent the total number of items you bring to an fight however even if all the 170 items in your inventory were guns you would still be able to bring 92 of them to the fight.

I would quit and reload the app and if that dose not fix it contact Funzio support.

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
This is where it doesn't make sense... I went an counted everything I got:

91 guns
85 melee
50 armor
0 explosives
and 4 cars

This is what I own... so how am I only bringing 56 into battle when I have a 92 mob?

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Furthermore - when I count the items in the box below - they add up to 70+ items...

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
That really looks like a glitch to me.

That number dose represent the total number of items you bring to an fight however even if all the 170 items in your inventory were guns you would still be able to bring 92 of them to the fight.

I would quit and reload the app and if that dose not fix it contact Funzio support.

Ok - I'm liking the idea that this is more of a bug or a glitch... cause this has been happening to me from the getgo... the numbers just don't add up... for me or the opponent player...

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Also - if I divide my attack of 538 by 56 - that would mean I own 56 items that are doing 9 damage... which is definitely not the case... I wish it were!

eka6484
04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I have wondered the same thing for ages now. On mine it will 2500 equipment used with 500 mafia and then all the pictures of all the items I used and the numbers showing the amount I have in my inventory. What I don't understand is when you go threw the pictures and count everything you used in that fight, nothing adds up to 2500! I get all the explanations ( 500 mafia, each brings 1 gun, 1 melee etc) but the fight screen does not reflect 2500 equipment!

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I have wondered the same thing for ages now. On mine it will 2500 equipment used with 500 mafia and then all the pictures of all the items I used and the numbers showing the amount I have in my inventory. What I don't understand is when you go threw the pictures and count everything you used in that fight, nothing adds up to 2500! I get all the explanations ( 500 mafia, each brings 1 gun, 1 melee etc) but the fight screen does not reflect 2500 equipment!

So basically your problem is the other way around? You are bringing the max amount of equipment to the fight but it doesn't show that you are? I think I much rather have your problem ^^ lol

Xira
04-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't even remember in crime city if your level also plays a factor, it was so long ago. Watch and see when you hit 20 if your equipment goes up... Maybe it is soft capping the number if mafia you can use thus limiting the equipment.

omnus
04-13-2012, 12:15 PM

91 guns
85 melee
50 armor
0 explosives
and 4 cars

This is what I own... so how am I only bringing 56 into battle when I have a 92 mob?

According to your count you should show 230 equipment used. Max would be #mafia x 4. (plus explosives if used) The items that show after the fight do not include everything, that would get to be a loooong screen. Best thing to do is make up a spreadsheet of all your items to rank strengths and weaknesses. Highest value items are used first. ie. if you have 50 mafia and 20 guns at 20atk and 300 guns at 10atk, you will use 20@20atk and 30@10atk. Similar goes for defense.

Nicholost
04-13-2012, 12:16 PM

That's a known limitation. In the fight results, the game will only show you your top 48 (3 x 16) item types, regardless of how many you own of each type (assuming you are using 48 or more item types). I would guess Funzio limits it to prevent too many graphics from displaying on the results screen. Think of the case where you have 500 mafia and each member equipped a different item from each category. That would be 2,500 images that the game would have to display. It would crush your device and probably crash the app.

sexkitteh, I have no idea what your issue is. I advise using one of the Stats Calculators (Lars' or White Frog's) to see what you are actually taking to battle. That may shed some light on this.

eka6484
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeh lol it is confusing tho. Just hope I'm going to the fight as well equipped as I can be :)

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah a sent in a request to techsupport - see if they can figure it out...

Unless it is a level cap (I'm only lvl19)... but still doesn't add up... I don't have 50 weapons doing around 50 damage...

sexkitteh
04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Anyways! Thank you all for your feedback ^^

kinghansen
04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Seems like a glitch. Send a report in to Funzio to get them to take a look at it.

eka6484
04-13-2012, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Nicholost;167234]That's a known limitation. In the fight results, the game will only show you your top 48 (3 x 16) item types, regardless of how many you own of each type (assuming you are using 48 or more item types). I would guess Funzio limits it to prevent too many graphics from displaying on the results screen. Think of the case where you have 500 mafia and each member equipped a different item from each category. That would be 2,500 images that the game would have to display. It would crush your device and probably crash the app.

Thanks mate that's really cleared that up. Ta!

mnju_03
04-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm going to get On and try to attack you, we're same levels. Lol

Brenton1130
05-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Hey, I Know Im Pretty Late With This, But Even After Reading Various Things About Equipment Use, Something Still Doesnt Make Sense
So Im Level 35, Meaning I Should Be Able To Bring 175 mafia max When Attacking (I Only Have 123, As Of Now)
Now Each Can Bring 1 Of Each Equipment Type, Meaning I Can Use 665 Items Total, Right?
However, My Attacks Saying Im Using 101 Equipment Total (Dont Know Where 101 Comes From)
After Counting, Im Using 32 Melee, 68 Guns, 39 Armor, 6 Explosive And 11 Vehicles, totaling To 156 Total Items Used.
Also, I Purchased A Bunch Of Molotov Cocktails, But None Are being used.
If My Information Is Incorrect, Could Someone Please Explain To Me?
Obviously, Im Fairly New To The Game
And Dont Mind All The capital Letters, Dont Know Why My Phone Is Doing That...

ScratchFace
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM

91 guns
85 melee
50 armor
0 explosives
and 4 cars

The items shown will not account for every item you took to battle. I think someone said that there will only be 32 items shown in that "items used" pictoral list.
In order to find out what I was actually using I had to create a spread-sheet and list my entire inventory, and assuming that I only take the strongest itmes and leave the weak ones I started subtracting the weaker items until my inventory number matced my the mafia used number.

So say I'm able to bring 125 magia into a fight, but I have 300 guns. I can onl use half of my supply, so I subtracted the weaker guns out until I was left with the strongest 125 guns in my inventory. This helps mostly when I go to buy things because now I know a gun will be useless to me if its stats are not high enough.

If this methodology is incorrect I'll happily change my thinking, and if someone has a better way to do this I'm all ears.

Brenton1130
05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
What I Dont Understand Is Where That "Equipment Used" Number Is Coming From And Why Wouldnt I Be Using Molotv Cocktails At All? I Understand They Are Very Weak But I Have Very Few Explosive Items In General So They Should Be Used.

Droop1972
05-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Hello CrimeCity world...

You have an android, as I do. Everyone responding has an IOS device so they do not understand.

Two part answer....The number 56 is the number of different weapons you are utilizing to fight with. For clarification...let's say you only had a mafia size of 2. You could then use 2 vehicles, 2 melee, 2 weapons, 2 armors and 2 bombs for a max total of 10 items. Let's say you had 2 armored trucks, 2 clean edges, 1 sniper rifle, 1 tommy gun, 1 assassin coat, 1 lucky boxers and 2 time bombs for your 10 items. That number 56 would be replaced with the number 7 because you are bringing 7 unique items into battle. (armored truck, clean edge, sniper rifle, tommy gun, assassin coat, lucky boxer, time bomb).

The second part has to do with the boxes.....they game only has so much room to display what items you are carrying into battle. It shows your best weapons and at the bottom it will also show any explosives that you lost. As your weapons improve, the weaker ones will no longer show even though they are still being used.

Hope this helps.

Brenton1130
05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks Droop That Definitely Helped.

Droop1972
05-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks Droop That Definitely Helped.

Glad that helped cuz it confused the heck out of me the first three or four weeks I started playing....lol