PDA

View Full Version : Deleting all allies

Dreno33
04-13-2012, 08:25 AM
For the very reason of my quick leveling, I have decided to delete every ally to lessen my attacks and slow down the leveling process. I have tried to keep the very minimum and some of you guys I talk to a lot but the attacks aren't lowering. Just a warning(: Hit me up with another request and ill save it for later to quickly add you when the time comes(:

stricker
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
...unit usury!!! wow, draino...

so you just think you can treat us like grunts, huh!!! lol

Bronson
04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't think it's going to matter much Draino most people just attack blind that low

el_gringo
04-13-2012, 11:42 AM
agree with bronson but just to add what helps having hardly any allies going to do? If people are attacking blind then surely you'll come up on more clueless peoples rival lists if you have LESS allies, wheras if you have a few more then at least you'll be up against people who've realised how to work the ally system, you can bet these will be the first to twig the attack. defense system as well. At the low levels there seemed to me to be a happy medium to find between the 'no allies' and 'loads of allies' which stopped me getting atttacked a lot, even though it took me till level 25 to work out any strategy other than do the missions, buy units and upgrade/buy buildings and I was pretty damn weak.

Also when you hit around the level twenties its good to have a lot of allies and be grouped with all the idiots who have massive numbers of allies and hardly any units.

I do recognise that you will also have issues with reward xp from goals such as 'get 25 allies' and 'upgrade a xxx to lv 3' with your strategy, which is actually a whole other question I wanted to ask you.

How are you handling this? Are you purposefully not upgrading certain buildings to avoid getting the xp reward from the goal, or taking it on the chin as it adds cash to the bank?

Warfiend
04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
One of the reasons I'm hovering with the number of allies I have now(32), rather than having less, is to dilute the potential of gold spenders on their way up to defeat me. 4 ultra strong gold units combined with the typical cash units I see deployed at my level won't let them come to close to touching me. They'll have to spend more gold or camp hard building up very strong(for my level) cash forces to combine with their gold units.

I know you have gold units Dreno, but if I recall, you didn't buy the strongest ones. Someone who did could easily defeat you if they came across you with no allies and with your economy and cash on hand, you know... But with a higher ally account and some decent cash defense unit scores combined with your own gold units, they would lose the ability to defeat you without buying even more gold or building up decent cash based forces.

For me, it's a question of probabilities. There is always someone who can defeat me, the question is, in which scenario would I feel it's more probable to run across them. Not trying to second guess you or say you're wrong at all, just throwing my own take out there.

Bronson
04-13-2012, 12:07 PM
If I was in your position I would go full ally, your going to be up against plenty of noobs but less would work out the full ally strategy so I would say less allies more noobs more chance of blind attacks.

el_gringo
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
I thought that Warfiend - But if I was at lv7 with a solid gold army of 150 pointer units and came across dreno, i'd probably leave him to it and attack someone else. At level 20 however, I'd probably make a fair few return visits.

Warfiend
04-13-2012, 12:31 PM
I thought that Warfiend - But if I was at lv7 with a solid gold army of 150 pointer units and came across dreno, i'd probably leave him to it and attack someone else. At level 20 however, I'd probably make a fair few return visits.

I can see that. In my strategy, I assume anyone who can beat me will attack me, so that's where my views on it come from. However, I think you might be right that a gold player at that level might be more inclined to not incite another gold player, even if they have a solid advantage. That's assuming they're not blindly attacking like most at that level and they know something about what they're doing.

Chimera
04-13-2012, 06:35 PM
For the very reason of my quick leveling, I have decided to delete every ally to lessen my attacks and slow down the leveling process. I have tried to keep the very minimum and some of you guys I talk to a lot but the attacks aren't lowering. Just a warning(: Hit me up with another request and ill save it for later to quickly add you when the time comes(:

You saw from "My Profile" pic that I have been attacked less than you have. At level 6, I have 3 allies (including myself) and I have been attacked 63 times (so far). I'm attacked every 2 to 3 days and usually win $300 to $700. I have no gold units. I use only Aircraft Carriers (12) for defense and since my Advance Airbase is done, I'm now purchasing Stealth Bombers for offense.
I have received ally requests from forum members but it will cost $21.6 million (AC x 4) for each ally I add. Patience.
I plan to bring my offense up to par with my defense. That will mean 9 more Stealth bombers (have 3).
You can see I'm in no hurry. I started this game to keep me occupied while I camp in another game.

Dreno33
04-14-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't think it's going to matter much Draino most people just attack blind that low

You are absolutely right Bronson, but I remember myself in CC doing goals (not informed of forums yet, like most). I followed the goals and the flow of goals is that most aren't sure on how to go about the game just yet and tend to lean into doing goals for their own base (build this, expand once, upgrade to lvl 3, etc) Then around lvl 5 start the php. By this time they will have done around 40 attacks (lost half, lol) and gained about feverish allies in the process. from lvl 5 to lvl 8. you roughly triple your exp. most should have gained around 5-10 more units which i figured would be a good enough amount to put me out of radar. just my thoughts and observation.

I do recognise that you will also have issues with reward xp from goals such as 'get 25 allies' and 'upgrade a xxx to lv 3' with your strategy, which is actually a whole other question I wanted to ask you.

How are you handling this? Are you purposefully not upgrading certain buildings to avoid getting the xp reward from the goal, or taking it on the chin as it adds cash to the bank?

I haven't began ONE goal, therefore, I can not complete others goals. I am never planning on building a war factory (ground unit building). it is completely useless to me. Therefore, i can not progress in THOSE goals. I will most like only end up doing PvP goals. does this answer your question?

And Bronson, does my observation make sense? Any remarks?

Bronson
04-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Yep I hear you Draino. It feels like years since I was down around that level so if that's what your feeling at the moment give it a try. Each to their own strategy in this game (which is why we love it so much).

I will drop you an ally request so if you do go zero allies keep all you pending so if it goes pear shaped you got a quick escape route and best of luck with it.

Maverick50727
04-14-2012, 06:09 AM
To each their own. I'm not a high end camper so I will never stay low. One of my goals had been to reach L100 which I hit a while back. But you definitely don't want to level too quick. I painted myself in a corner on the 40-50's but I found ways to get myself out. You just need to find what works for you. I constantly adapt.

I'm running a lower ally count than my max but will increase in more in the near future. I think the casualty rate changes during events so I on hold until the event finishes so my testing is more valid. Event for me brings good loot so that helps being a free player

Bronson
04-14-2012, 06:16 AM
To each their own. I'm not a high end camper so I will never stay low. One of my goals had been to reach L100 which I hit a while back. But you definitely don't want to level too quick. I painted myself in a corner on the 40-50's but I found ways to get myself out. You just need to find what works for you. I constantly adapt.

I'm running a lower ally count than my max but will increase in more in the near future. I think the casualty rate changes during events so I on hold until the event finishes so my testing is more valid. Event for me brings good loot so that helps being a free player

Alright Mav I still haven't found the good loot so don't know if it's just for you high level players?

Thunder Child
04-14-2012, 06:57 AM
@ Bronson.... Nagh!

Bronson
04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Hows the plan going Draino?

Dreno33
04-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Hows the plan going Draino?

it works!!! i would average about 3 attackers every hour. guess what!

My news feed now says:

1 day ago
1 day ago
1 day ago
2 days ago
etc etc

Hecka low amount now!!! WOOOOO! lets see how long until next attack

P.S. i lowered my mafia on CC to 5, still getting attacks. used to be literally averaging 7 every hour. now only 1 every 3 hours(: might lower mafia a bit more(:

Bronson
04-14-2012, 10:11 AM
it works!!! i would average about 3 attackers every hour. guess what!

My news feed now says:

1 day ago
1 day ago
1 day ago
2 days ago
etc etc

Hecka low amount now!!! WOOOOO! lets see how long until next attack

P.S. i lowered my mafia on CC to 5, still getting attacks. used to be literally averaging 7 every hour. now only 1 every 3 hours(: might lower mafia a bit more(:

Good for you and now I am on the pc i can see the colors lol

Dreno33
04-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Good for you and now I am on the pc i can see the colors lol

hahahaha. i didnt know they didnt show up for you. I use my phone sometimes and i see the colors, thats weird...

Bronson
04-14-2012, 10:30 AM
hahahaha. i didnt know they didnt show up for you. I use my phone sometimes and i see the colors, thats weird...

I could see this in colour
CC/MW = Level: 8/7
CC/MW = Friends: 5/1
CC/MW = Income: 15,XXX/1XX,XXX

Just not the ID numbers down the bottom they were still white

Maverick50727
04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Alright Mav I still haven't found the good loot so don't know if it's just for you high level players?Yes I am still getting the better loot for now and expect it to go away again after the event ends like last time. I'm not sure who has access to the new loot as some the same level as me said they didn't. I'll PM you later and not hijack his thread and go too off topic. Better loot can help you though as it can help get you stronger stats for free.

el_gringo
04-14-2012, 05:19 PM
I haven't began ONE goal, therefore, I can not complete others goals. I am never planning on building a war factory (ground unit building). it is completely useless to me. Therefore, i can not progress in THOSE goals. I will most like only end up doing PvP goals. does this answer your question?

Yep, completely - I forgot the first of the goals was to build a war factory and couldn't work out from the pic of your base that was posted if you didn't intend to or hadn't got round to building it.

So when do you intend to start pvping?

p.s Don't think I'm hatin' on what your doing, I'm actually quite jealous that you have the patience to use what I think will turn out to be a pretty cheap and effective way to play the game all the way through the levels. As such I'm watching closely to see how you are getting on (as well as how your patience is tested!). Your game is much more interesting to others and (IMO) deserving of it's own thread than reading about the flansters quest to combine school with hunting for plane parts.

Jp lfs
04-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Are you serious about NEVER building a war factory, therefore NEVER doing any PVE missions?

Dreno33
04-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Are you serious about NEVER building a war factory, therefore NEVER doing any PVE missions?

ya.... besides. the PvE missions aren't apart of the war factory goals section

Jp lfs
04-16-2012, 08:29 AM
You need the UNITS from the war factory to run missions. Not to mention the valor units you can unlock. So you are going to run an army with no strong ground units at all? Just trying to get a grip on your strategy.

Dreno33
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
You need the UNITS from the war factory to run missions. Not to mention the valor units you can unlock. So you are going to run an army with no strong ground units at all? Just trying to get a grip on your strategy.

that IS correct. yes sir, yes it is. I won't be doing PvE "goals" i may farm occasionally buy hardly ever. I just want to do PvP and MAINTAIN a near perfect win/loss ratio. I stupidly spent 6 SP on energy already but won't make that mistake again. every other SP has been spent on defense. Later in the game on Stamina (will get it to probably just 10) and then some attack.

I mainly care about my win/loss ratio. i'm proud of it. So, as you know I'm trying to increase every non-gold income building to ten eventually to have a constant FULL army of the BEST sea defense units and the BEST air attack unit(: (plus my few gold units)

its just the way i intend to play the game. i won't NEED PvE for units later on b/c of my BIG economy to replace every lost unit ASAP